Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Premiering right now (in the East) on TNT is Legends, a new action series from the producers of 24 and Homeland. It's set for 10 episodes, beginning tonight, and was promoted on Twitter with the hilariously appropriate hashtag #DontKillSeanBean.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2402137/

Sean Bean (Goldeneye, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Ronin) plays Martin Odum, an undercover FBI agent who assumes a new identity for each case, and progressively begins to question his sanity. Ali Larter and Tina Majorino are co-stars.

Sean Bean rules, it'll be fun seeing him as a good guy, and I hope this is as fun as Southland was.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Aug 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Oh, I've been meaning to see this. How was the first episode?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Ravane posted:

Oh, I've been meaning to see this. How was the first episode?

During the first scene I thought his cover was that he was a former IRA bomb-maker who was getting paid by the right-wing militia that made the villains of the week. Then Martin gave his fake backstory and realized that was Sean Bean's genuine attempt at a southern American accent and I just could not stop laughing.

Other than that, pretty good action-conspiracy-thriller.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Yeah, I was happy with the pilot. I don't quite know where they're going with the black guy telling him he's not who he thinks he is, but it should be a good series.

We all knew Ali Larter was hot, but Tina Majorino's looking good herself.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I have it recorded and only watched the first ten minutes but I liked what I saw. I expected the thread to be a little busier though. I'll watch the rest tomorrow.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Caught it tonight. Its actually quite good - Beans terrible accent and bad hairdo aside. The conspiracy WHO AM I should have some legs to it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The lap dance scene is underrated.

I got a laugh out of "Crystal is a cool stripper name" and the "surveillance camera" bit.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
A little bit of Bourne, a little bit of 24 and a little bit of Sean Bean wrecking people's poo poo. I like it, even if there are tons of cliches present.

Also, Ali Larter. :getin:

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Gonz posted:

A little bit of Bourne, a little bit of 24 and a little bit of Sean Bean wrecking people's poo poo. I like it, even if there are tons of cliches present.

Also, Ali Larter. :getin:

And a little bit Total Recall, probably.

I liked it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

wormil posted:

And a little bit Total Recall, probably.

I liked it.

Oh please let Ronnie Cox be the first season's main villain.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Episode 2, let's go.

Is the driver of the car Johnny Crowder? e- Yes.

Also, Tina Majorino is less attractive rocking the Bieber look this week.

e- You Russians. The way you play Roulette. It's over too soon...and you only get to play once...

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 21, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just watched the episode and was kind of surprised that they didn't actually finish the case of the week.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I couldn't tell if the Russian Johnny Crowder thing was going to turn into a subplot or what.

Then they sort of...previewed next week's character by introducing him at the end of the episode and then ended it?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
A former Russian chemist known for making VX is kidnapped by Russians. Half a show later the FBI is shocked when chemicals used in making VX are stolen. Bad omen for the season. Hopefully this doesn't fall back on -- the FBI are idiots and Sean Bean must save the day. Otherwise I'm liking this show, Sean Bean is killing it.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Also, Tina Majorino is less attractive rocking the Bieber look this week.

:3: I was embarrassed for her.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
It's a little strange that in the Legends universe VX has been used on people. You'd think they'd choose something like Sarin instead (or anthrax, since the Soviet production of anthrax was a massive state production).

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 26, 2014

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Is that Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber in the FBI's operations department tonight?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Okay, I swear that hair is getting bigger in each scene.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That "Word Cloud" thing has to be the stupidest thing I've seen in a while. Like, what exactly was it supposed to do?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ok, that was some cold-blooded, edge-of-the-seat stuff. :stare:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I have to wonder if they'll walk any of that back because torturer/murderer is a little far for a protagonist.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, don't look at the description for this week's episode because they just kind of go over a bunch of the plot.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

I have to wonder if they'll walk any of that back because torturer/murderer is a little far for a protagonist.

Did Martin hit him with the nerve agent or did the guy stroke out on his own?

e- Was the tan-skinned woman who was just face-to-face with the black agent who's been investigating Martin also on Southland?

e2- Ok, so Yuri thinks he's in deep poo poo with pissed off, scorned arms dealer Dante/Martin. This will be fun. :getin:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 4, 2014

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Dante is the best kind of bad motherfucker, first beating the piss out of and then stabbing in the hand a Russian mobster.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was surprisingly brutal for basic cable.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

That was surprisingly brutal for basic cable.

It would've been something had it been on FX, because they've been trying desperately for a couple years now to push every barrier.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I don't know if I'm reading too much into this, but the last time I saw one of these surveys promoted on Facebook by the show's page, it was when Southland was teetering on the edge of cancellation:

http://spr.ly/6181WFzZ

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I signed up for the inner circle thing just now so that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8w5H6fkC4U

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

C'mon, Sean Bean. You're smarter than that. The guy was shielding himself in the corner of the vault right before you opened the deposit box, and you STILL opened it! Of COURSE there was a flash bomb in the box!

Duncan Doenitz
Nov 17, 2010

There are four lights.
I hope Maggie's hair gets bigger every episode as some subtle comic relief.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Her hair has been irrationally pissing me off, but the "it's an ingredient in hairspray"/(look at Maggie because she should know) gag was funny.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Gonz posted:

C'mon, Sean Bean. You're smarter than that. The guy was shielding himself in the corner of the vault right before you opened the deposit box, and you STILL opened it! Of COURSE there was a flash bomb in the box!

There are reasons that Sean Bean tends to die in movies. His characters are tough and bad-rear end, but not necessarily the sharpest arrows in the quiver.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

johntfs posted:

There are reasons that Sean Bean tends to die in movies. His characters are tough and bad-rear end, but not necessarily the sharpest arrows in the quiver.

This is true even when he survives, such as in Ronin.

Which, if you ever listen to the DVD commentary for Ronin, you'll find out that he WAS supposed to die after he's revealed to be a phony, albeit through suicide. As the van pulls away to take the crew to Nice, there was a gunshot which was removed from the final movie.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The guy investigating Odum is the dumbest moron in the FBI and I'm surprised they just didn't arrest him because he's tailing him as he's investigating an ongoing VX nerve agent sale. How Odum's boss doesn't just transfer him to Anchorage I'll never know.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Is Sean Bean dead yet?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

No More Heroes posted:

Is Sean Bean dead yet?

On this show, Sean Bean won't die.

However, there is a great possibility that he'll go completely mentally insane, which is probably the second worse thing next to death.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Daughter shooting man who adopted her out of guilt was cliche but the knife through the hand more than made up for it. Still liking this show. Sean Bean really sold it in his scene with Ali Larter immediately following the interrogation, "Crystal," he said with a sneer.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I fast forward through all the scenes w/o Sean Bean and feel perfectly ok with that.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This show feels like Assassin's Creed when we have these "Hey, you're out of the parallel universe, welcome back!" moments.

I feel like this thread needs to be retitled "How Big Will Tina Majorino's Hair Be This Week?"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Are we supposed to like Morris Chestnut? Because he just comes off as a huge rear end in a top hat all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

His feels like a B-storyline which is being shoehorned into the show to add suspense and give this thing a Bourne-esque vibe.

e- "They called me (begin Sean Bean Texan accent) An East Texas Contraband-o"

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 11, 2014

• Locked thread