Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Axel Serenity posted:

All my matches have been gfes or kind of whalish. I don't mind a bit curvy but goddamn. A couple I've chat with are kinda cute tho and I think I'm waiting too long to ask them for coffee somewhere.

Pro-tinder-tip: Do whatever the gently caress you want. Every chick is going to be pissed at you for not approaching her in JUST THE RIGHT WAY. Some think you should open with lovely pick-up lines, others hate them. Some won't give you the time of day unless you force a conversation on for two weeks others will think you're too pushy for messaging them first. I talked to one girl who got pissed at me for asking her questions. Like, absolutely none or she'd freak out because we had to have ~*genuine conversation*~ whatever the gently caress that means.

Just do what you do. There's no right answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Necc0 posted:

Pro-tinder-tip: Do whatever the gently caress you want. Every chick is going to be pissed at you for not approaching her in JUST THE RIGHT WAY. Some think you should open with lovely pick-up lines, others hate them. Some won't give you the time of day unless you force a conversation on for two weeks others will think you're too pushy for messaging them first. I talked to one girl who got pissed at me for asking her questions. Like, absolutely none or she'd freak out because we had to have ~*genuine conversation*~ whatever the gently caress that means.

Just do what you do. There's no right answer

This is very accurate. I've only been using it for less than a week, but all the women I've chatted with have responded differently to the same basic greeting.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

SeaTard posted:

This is very accurate. I've only been using it for less than a week, but all the women I've chatted with have responded differently to the same basic greeting.

women are different? gently caress. *throws out conversation walkthrough FAQ*

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Libelous Slander posted:

women are different? gently caress. *throws out conversation walkthrough FAQ*

I just pretty much say 'hi, how are you'. Not some crazy pua script bullshit, but unsurprisingly enough, everyone responds different. A number of women ignore it of course, but it's pretty much :effort: personified.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
also if she messages first then she's worth putting like 10x more effort into because you're p much already set (this almost never happens)

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
someone has actually stolen my identity and signed "me" up for a bunch of these sex apps. sigh.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

reagan posted:

someone has actually stolen my identity and signed "me" up for a bunch of these sex apps. sigh.

haha yeah me too buddy :laffo:

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
Is this poo poo solely for college kids? Because I want to punch their loving faces in as it is without them having access to the wonderful pussy on tap machine that wasn't around ten years ago when I was there. I'm moving city in a few months' time is what I'm saying. I don't want to be creating an FB profile for gently caress all. What's the age range?

Kirk Johnson fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Aug 15, 2014

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
18+

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
I've found some 14 year olds saying they are 20, so make sure you don't ask.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Kirk Johnson posted:

Is this poo poo solely for college kids? Because I want to punch their loving faces in as it is without them having access to the wonderful pussy on tap machine that wasn't around ten years ago when I was there. I'm moving city in a few months' time is what I'm saying. I don't want to be creating an FB profile for gently caress all. What's the age range?

tbh wonderful pussy is prolly an overstatement. buuut yeah i imagine tinder+dorms is prolly pretty crazy, kids got it lucky nowadays. we actually had to go to social activities like a lame rear end bowling alley in the dungeon on campus and lame outdoor campus film festivals.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

Xaris posted:

tbh wonderful pussy is prolly an overstatement. buuut yeah i imagine tinder+dorms is prolly pretty crazy, kids got it lucky nowadays. we actually had to go to social activities like a lame rear end bowling alley in the dungeon on campus and lame outdoor campus film festivals.

if you live near a college campus it is literally a pussy mill, sorry guy

also met some girls that i like as friends too so it's been cool for campus stuff. me and a few girls signed up for a school beach trip together and it was because of tinder so cool i guess

still though if i was actually trying to find a wife i would not use this app, but i guess that poo poo happens

Calvin Johnson Jr. fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 16, 2014

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

just a reminder, but don't throw any gals you meet on tinder off your high rise apartment balcony

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
poo poo thanks

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

if you live near a college campus it is literally a pussy mill, sorry guy

well living near a college campus was literally a pussy mill anyways so i guess much hasn't changed. my campus used to have a lovelab which was a cart full of free condoms and they just strolled it all around the dorms. remember to use protection guys

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Tinder is going to be its own undoing, because like any business they're going to want to expand, and eventually they're inevitably going to put in some sort of way to distinguish yourself as only wanting a hookup, so they can court other folks who want to date more seriously, and then everyone is going to not select that and mark "short term dating" and "activity partners" because of the cultural shame of casual sex, and then we're back where we started

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
tinder trip report: turned out to be at least 10 pounds heavier than expected from pics (quelle surprise) and had really bad taste in music. 2/10 wouldnt and didnt bang and gave tinder a 1/5 review on the app store

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Tinder is going to be its own undoing, because like any business they're going to want to expand, and eventually they're inevitably going to put in some sort of way to distinguish yourself as only wanting a hookup, so they can court other folks who want to date more seriously, and then everyone is going to not select that and mark "short term dating" and "activity partners" because of the cultural shame of casual sex, and then we're back where we started

like a quarter ofthe girls who bothered putting in any text already have some variation of 'not looking to hook up' in their profile

if you narrow it down to uggos and fats it jumps to like 80%

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

newreply.php posted:

tinder trip report: turned out to be at least 10 pounds heavier than expected from pics (quelle surprise) and had really bad taste in music. 2/10 wouldnt and didnt bang and gave tinder a 1/5 review on the app store

keep on trying it's basically penis roulette

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i know man but my basic attitude is that any girl that voluntarily comes up to me and is all enthousiastic is a girl i dont like/want

who was the dude that said "i wouldnt want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member"? bc that is p much my exact approach on dating

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

newreply.php posted:

who was the dude that said "i wouldnt want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member"? bc that is p much my exact approach on dating

Groucho Marx

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
Just found a woman going through a divorce with two kids, who's profile claimed she "wasn't looking for hookups." I don't think she understands the basic concept of tindr.

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

AirCav58 posted:

I've found some 14 year olds saying they are 20, so make sure you don't ask.

...and aatrek makes an appearance.

I don't have a cell phone, can i get in on the crazy sex thingy with randoms?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

newreply.php posted:

i know man but my basic attitude is that any girl that voluntarily comes up to me and is all enthousiastic is a girl i dont like/want

as a rapist, same

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
how long you wait after receiving a match notification before sending that first message

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Admiral Bosch posted:

Just found a woman going through a divorce with two kids, who's profile claimed she "wasn't looking for hookups." I don't think she understands the basic concept of tindr.

Same. You live in DC? She's kinda a qt despite everything else screaming broken goods

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I don't want to look like an eager rapist

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

not snarky posted:

why the gently caress do people under 18 use tinder? I saw a 15 year old on there last night. this is hosed everything is hosed

well idk but if it makes you feel any better down here in australia most women using tinder have no interest in actually meeting or even talking to anyone, they just use it as a dumb drinking/party game where they swipe aimlessly through random men's faces together

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
idk but i think that the default notification setting for ios is no notifications at all so you only see messages when you actually open the app. or i may have set it that way when i first installed it

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
also you can set the age range so youre not seeing kids unless you want to, tmyk

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Some girls under 21 use it as a way
To find people to buy alcohol. Not a bad plan really

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
why would anyone over 21 want to hang out with girls under 21, especially drunk girls

well i know why but i dont support it is what im trying to say i guess

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

newreply.php posted:

also you can set the age range so youre not seeing kids unless you want to, tmyk

the lowest you can set the age minimum to is 18, yet I occasionally see 17-year-olds pop up. never younger than that, though.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Necc0 posted:

Same. You live in DC? She's kinda a qt despite everything else screaming broken goods

Nah, NC. Also literally everyone on tindr ourselves included is broken goods

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Fetus Tree posted:

thread made me in the mood for tinderin'

two matches in 5 swipes & i can verify that there are still fatties and uggos on tinder

E:

goon.jpg

uh this girl is cute wth

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW

Voted Worst Mom posted:

uh this girl is cute wth
she got dat futurefat look but id smash no lie

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

newreply.php posted:

That's George Costanza's approach as well. That's not good company and might be a sign to reevaluate some things.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

OMGVBFLOL posted:

It's already is overrun with fake robo profiles created for things such as call girls.

Also nerds are hacking it in attempts to improve their odds:
http://valleywag.gawker.com/techies-are-hacking-tinder-in-a-desperate-attempt-to-ge-1621177524

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

turdriver posted:

she got dat futurefat look but id smash no lie

Um...she's already fat.

• Locked thread