Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
speedballs cure suicide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Yeah, I'm depressed. I'm disabled, with every day being a fight to live, sometimes painfully, I'm divorced, and as an adult I've re-entered into being dependent on my parents. On the other hand, I do have the raddest son in the world, and two loving ladies willing to keep me warm at night, so I guess I could have it worse... :gbsmith:

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Are the two loving ladies your gay moms or gay dogs?

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat
I'd kill myself if I weren't so gosh darn happy.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

needs a line for 'any amount of time spent having conversations with cats' tia

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

wow some researcher is stuck in the 20th century. how is social interaction online any less valid than interaction in meatspace with ppl who arbitrarily share the same geographic location as you

if anything online interaction is more fulfilling because i get to choose my interlocutors instead of having them chosen for me by mom

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Sinding Johansson posted:

I kiled A Rat today,,,,sometimes I wonder, are our lives relly any more valauble than theres??

there not!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

THS posted:

wow some researcher is stuck in the 20th century. how is social interaction online any less valid than interaction in meatspace with ppl who arbitrarily share the same geographic location as you

if anything online interaction is more fulfilling because i get to choose my interlocutors instead of having them chosen for me by mom

no you're getting interaction without the pressure of being around and seeing the the reactions of the person you're conversing with, also the responses you get on the internet have been created after some thought whereas a rl conversation has people talking without the leisure of creating the perfect response.

You can post "I'm gay" to random people on the internet all day but I bet after 15 minutes of saying "I'm gay" to random people on the street you'd be too embarrassed to keep going.

/armchair therapist shuts up

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

a bone to pick posted:

no you're getting interaction without the pressure of being around and seeing the the reactions of the person you're conversing with, also the responses you get on the internet have been created after some thought whereas a rl conversation has people talking without the leisure of creating the perfect response.

You can post "I'm gay" to random people on the internet all day but I bet after 15 minutes of saying "I'm gay" to random people on the street you'd be too embarrassed to keep going.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

a bone to pick posted:

whatever dad

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

a bone to pick posted:

and what about people who tweet/post on facebook all day long or become shameless cam whores on youtube...I think the proper mixture of poo poo posting and sincere posting on Neo-GBS after work or during some downtime is much more fulfilling imo. THS understands this. I'd honestly say that Something Awful has made the best comeback since Burt Reynolds in Boogie Nights, and hopefully it can somehow sustain it for a couple years but idk.

Also please please dont ever kill yourself. Get help and go to therapy. Therapy owns and if you have health insurance you should seek therapy no matter how hosed up u suspect urself to be (it is also a fabulous excuse to get out of work for an hour every thursday afternoon). Havent completely made up my mind yet regarding sexual attraction to ur therapist, but i think its prob best to keep things 'professional' with some occasional flirtations...basically like James Bond and Ms. Moneypenny.

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 15, 2014

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Mariana Horchata posted:

Also please please dont ever kill yourself. Get help and go to therapy. Therapy owns and if you have health insurance you should seek therapy no matter how hosed up u suspect urself to be.

killing yourself is the bravest, most selfless thing a person can do. there's one less mouth to feed, one less drain on the world's dwindling resources. more people should do it. i mean this with complete sincerity

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Hwbrgdtse posted:

killing yourself is the bravest, most selfless thing a person can do. there's one less mouth to feed, one less drain on the world's dwindling resources. more people should do it. i mean this with complete sincerity

putting it that way maybe i guess (no its actually :spergin: as gently caress), but just no...no way jose. like Kurt Vonnegut said just smoke instead.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
I took ssri's for about a year, and it really just made me complacent with everything. Everything was just cool man, great times. they made me manic as gently caress sometimes tho, like convinced I could be famous if i tried really hard poo poo.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Hwbrgdtse posted:

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Mariana Horchata posted:

putting it that way maybe i guess (no its actually :spergin: as gently caress), but just no...no way jose. like Kurt Vonnegut said just smoke instead.

and die a slow, lingering, terrible death from lung cancer as your family waits daily to hear that, thank god, you've finally died. not to mention the strain you place on your local medical facility as they take care of you instead of someone whose suffering wasn't actually completely preventable.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I have done great and fun things in my life, yet I still have no confidence or self worth upon which to build happiness.
The sum of my experiences has made me feel like I will never be enough, and I am convinced that, like the majority of nights I spend, I will die alone.
Maybe missed, but forgotten just as quickly.
I escape to the cold glow of the internet because slow macular degeneration and an impending lifetime of isolation and
psychological issues both to come and pre-existing whisper to me the comfortable promise of oblivion.

I will die by my own hand someday. I know it to be true

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Hwbrgdtse posted:

and die a slow, lingering, terrible death from lung cancer as your family waits daily to hear that, thank god, you've finally died. not to mention the strain you place on your local medical facility as they take care of you instead of someone whose suffering wasn't actually completely preventable.

why does that matter in a world without meaning, a world without god

every approach to mental health that doesnt take into account your place in relationship to jesus is ultimately fated to nihilistic self destruction. look at robin williams if you need proof of that

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

if you have a degenerative disease like parkinsons or alzheimers you should definitely euthanize yourself before you lose the ability to do so and you're left at the mercy of other people

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
drat i'm 21 irl so if you guys are calling me "dad" idk what to tihnk lol

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

a bone to pick posted:

drat i'm 21 irl so if you guys are calling me "dad" idk what to tihnk lol

you just graduate with a psychology degree?

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
nah he's right though. we're all speaking from our own solipsism, at least on the internet you can get it all out without having to deal with other people's bullshit and tut tutting. i mean there's an echo chamber quality to it if you aren't being aware of it, but there's an echo chamber quality in daily life too. and most of real life conversing is taken up by social niceties, on the internet you can get to saying what you want a lot quicker and don't have to double back around to pleasantries.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

a bone to pick posted:

I dunno, I always have the perfect response irl too.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

ObamaCaresHugSquad posted:

nah he's right though. we're all speaking from our own solipsism, at least on the internet you can get it all out without having to deal with other people's bullshit and tut tutting. i mean there's an echo chamber quality to it if you aren't being aware of it, but there's an echo chamber quality in daily life too. and most of real life conversing is taken up by social niceties, on the internet you can get to saying what you want a lot quicker and don't have to double back around to pleasantries.

lick my taint you fag

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hwbrgdtse posted:

lick my taint you fag

so honest and heartfelt! the power of the internet is present here

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

so honest and heartfelt! the power of the internet is present here

eat poo poo cockfag

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I dunno, I always have the perfect response irl too.

yeah me too. it's called, "gently caress you, at least i'm not [incredibly personal, shameful, and out-of-bounds thing you know about person]"

then they cry and run away and tell all your mutual friends what you said. and when they give you poo poo about it you do the same to them

it helps if you're drunk when all this is happening btw

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hwbrgdtse posted:

eat poo poo cockfag

very poignant. i should call a news crew

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im gay

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
i think a lot of people just want to feel like victims

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Obamacares, do you ever think to yourself, "No, I'm not going to masturbate in this thread & waste everyone's time with my inane observations."?

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
no, because i know exactly what i'm saying. i'm not just talking to myself. i know when i'm onto something, i've lived long enough to see what's going on by this point.

anyway, the next part of that is if someone got you into a mess, they're not going to also get you out. so it's not worth being a victim.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

no, because i know exactly what i'm saying. i'm not just talking to myself. i know when i'm onto something, i've lived long enough to see what's going on by this point.

anyway, the next part of that is if someone got you into a mess, they're not going to also get you out. so it's not worth being a victim.

aidsnigger im gonna gently caress your mother's ear

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
if you don't find the inherent ironies in life to be utterly hysterical and worth it alone to stick around for, I don't know what to tell you. The universe is the biggest loving bitch ever who is constantly bestowing blessings while flicking you off with a giant idiot grin on her face and its utterly captivating.

for example, and I'm just throwing this out there because it's currently relevant: robin williams. funniest and one of the happiest acting actors known to mankind finally loses his battle to depression and alcoholism and kills himself in one of the self-angriest ways possible. yes on the one hand that's sad and we've lost a cultural treasure and two underage children are left without a father. on the other hand, LOL. I couldn't make poo poo up that is better than that. if I tried to make a fictional character like Robin Williams not having known of him and got close to the actual irony level, I'd probably end up toning it down for 'realism'.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION

THS posted:

im gay

I just wish for a world where everyone could be gay :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hwbrgdtse posted:

aidsnigger im gonna gently caress your mother's ear