Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
it legit kinda sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
this thread legit sucks

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I guess you hate fun op

Maybe you could kill yourself

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
most people like comic book movies because they're full of special effects, cgi and mindless action. if you were expecting more than that you're dumb

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Maybe that Slacker director's Boyhood is more to your liking, OP. I hear it's appropriately boring enough.

Disclosure: I haven't see Guardians of Galactus.

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
How mad can you actually get about comic book movies

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

op hates fun and the youth and is probably a pathetic bitter old man

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
sorryy i dont like worn out action movie cliches and re-used jokes getting beaten into the ground, i guess.

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

Ever since they worked on that project together, her life turned around and became more exciting.
it's the only good marvel movie, but the worst james gunn movie so eeeehhhh???

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
is op dead yet?

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
it was cool because you could forget for a second you were watching a lovely comic book movie and it was like watching a cool and fun sci fi film. then you get to come home and watch nerds on the internet talk about the marvel universe and avengers and all kinds of dumb baby stuff and ruin the whole experience after the fact.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It was a fun time

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

shiksa posted:

sorryy i dont like worn out action movie cliches and re-used jokes getting beaten into the ground, i guess.

it was pretty good. the thing about the MCU movies is that they appear to have the formula for making decent-to-good action movies down and have a steady supply of source material, which, although it sounds unremarkable, is a step up from the abortions and crimes against god/humanity action movies that used to get made, poo poo like the the Matrix sequels, the last Terminator movie, Michael Bay, Zack Snyder, etc

unfortunately that kind of brainless homogenized action movie slop is incredibly profitable, so that's what movie studios are going to make.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

CousinKevin posted:

it's the only good marvel movie, but the worst james gunn movie so eeeehhhh???

scooby doo 1 + 2

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
i haven't watched it but it has vin diesel as a talking tree man so im not exactly sure how it can be bad

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I legit kinda liked it.
But I'm not a comic book nerd, so I probably don't count.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
some guy on my Facebook posted that he walked out of it because it was so bad and I kinda laughed at him for being a baby but other than that I have no experience with the topic of this thread.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
OP regularly finds themselves in situations where the only explanation is 'everyone is playing a joke on me'

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i haven't read a comic book since i was 12 (4 weeks ago) it was jusrt a lovely movie

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
lets be honest here the best part of this movie is easily the talking raccoon.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere

echronorian posted:

OP regularly finds themselves in situations where the only explanation is 'everyone is playing a joke on me'

naem
May 29, 2011

This is the first movie aimed at children I haven't seen in like 10 years for some reason

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Synonamess Botch posted:

i didn't like him much, too obnoxious. chris pratt was funny, however

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
It has a raccoon in it. That's a start.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

ArtIsResistance posted:

i haven't watched it but it has vin diesel as a talking tree man so im not exactly sure how it can be bad

Plus it has Batista, imagine if they were in a movie together and there was a dog too!

:allears:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Synonamess Botch posted:

it was cool because you could forget for a second you were watching a lovely comic book movie and it was like watching a cool and fun sci fi film. then you get to come home and watch nerds on the internet talk about the marvel universe and avengers and all kinds of dumb baby stuff and ruin the whole experience after the fact.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

gently caress you

i support anything that puts peter serafinowicz onto flat surfaces

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I am curious how many millions Vin Diesel made from what probably amounts to 20 minutes in a recording booth.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
it was decent enough, but it had way too much exposition to set up later movies and chris pratt was pretty forgettable

it looked good though

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

I am curious how many millions Vin Diesel made from what probably amounts to 20 minutes in a recording booth.

supposedly he did all the mocap for groot

because you really need vin diesel's ping pong ball spots to get the real vin diesel diexperivince.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

Synonamess Botch posted:

"what's a raccoon" lol probably my favorite line in the movie

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

he re-recorded his lines thousands of times and in multiple languages because he was hardcore into it, dude's a pro

Ave Azaria
Oct 4, 2010

by Lowtax
The character who takes figures of speech literally was pretty cutting edge comedy.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

batista and the raccoon were the best parts

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Pick posted:

he re-recorded his lines thousands of times and in multiple languages because he was hardcore into it, dude's a pro

no joke i would make fun of just about anybody in this role but vin diesel will seriously put some work into three four total words and i respect that

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Nah, that movie was pretty awesome. Funny, light, action intense. Perfect summer blockbuster. I guess you can go jack off to your downloaded copy of Dr. Caligari's Closet and think you actually understand the intent of film though. Still, it won't make you less of a loser;hth.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Vin diesel is a big loving nerd so ya

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i didnt see it so idk

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Ave Azaria posted:

The character who takes figures of speech literally was pretty cutting edge comedy.

c'mon if you didn't laugh at the "nothing goes over my head" bit. just, c'mon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Parallax Scroll posted:

i didnt see it so idk

go with a girl, she'll like the soundtrack

• Locked thread