Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the worst job youve ever had
working in a call center
fart referrals
egg timer
hmm...not sure op
View Results

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Sears. Electronics department. Constant drone of tvs that echo throughout the loving place, manager who never trained me, and all my coworkers hated me instantly because they were already getting poo poo hours and I didn't help. Under minimum wage cause of commission which was impossible because who the gently caress shops at sears??

Only guy who had full time was a divorced guy in his a 40s with a DUI on his record. Dude told me tangled looked good in 3d.

Oh and HR lady was a huge oval office for no reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yes I'd like to add installation to my tv that weights 30 pounds.... NOT lolllll

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I worked at staples for a year and quit because everyone else had been there for 10+ years and gently caress that poo poo forever.

Was tricked into learning how to perform copy center duties and tech bench duties, because I was told I'd get a pay raise. Instead I just got the lovely tech bench work. At least I wasn't lying to people in the copy center.

One time a guy came in while i was patrolling the floor and he asked me about Corel draw and photoshop. I told him to go home and get a trial of Photoshop, and if he liked it, to pirate it. gently caress that.

I never got that raise, and I moved to another staples in the city. Even through I was trained to work tech bench, I told my boss I wouldn't work it and he never scheduled me for it. I had rad bosses at that place.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

LargeHadron posted:

That job blew hard, but I went straight into a great software development internship after that. Still working at the same place 7 years later :)

I was a bad salesman.
I down sold an LCD to a lady who came in wanting an LED but was super wishy washy about it. I told her "look, if you can't tell the difference between these two tvs, who cares"

And another time, much more annoying, a person came in demanding a no contract phone, like boost mobile, that would take SIM cards. I tried to explain to her that all the phones we had didn't take SIM cards because they were CDMA blah blah no! I have to open the box and like, prove it. It was loving way too long, I was the only person there, and she was like "well thanks for checking"

Go die!!

Our LP guy always wore a brown cap. It's not obvious at all, dude.

I got fired cause I didn't loving want to drive 30 minutes to a 20 minute meeting at 8am on a day that I wasn't scheduled to work. gently caress you lady.

I didn't even want to be in electronics. I wanted to be in hardware

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 14, 2014

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
If someone is sufficiently vague enough idk how anyone finds out an NDA got broken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just gotta change the chemicals involved and write a whole book

• Locked thread