Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

No. Blood meridian is 100% incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

The Road was also fantastic.

I tried reading another about a drunk guy who lived on a boat but it was too accurate a description of homeless people and I couldn't handle it

naem
May 29, 2011

I sure am a drunk guy living on a boat during the depression, her are some masterfully woven descriptions of how bad everything sucks like a whole bunch, OH GOD IT HURTS MAKE THE BAD MAN STOP

naem
May 29, 2011

Bitter Mushroom posted:

there are american ... books?

:eyepop:

Yes and also American whiskey, it's called bourbon and they pair well together although I'd recommend some sort of faith based intervention be setup IN ADVANCE because a month of your life will fly by and all your dreams will be about people cutting each others scalps off or being drunk, on a boat

naem
May 29, 2011

IM SO SAD AND DRUNK ON TEH BOAT

naem
May 29, 2011

hope and vaseline posted:

Suttree is like being dragged into the corners of the filthiest urban hell and being left to rot. It was amazing.

After blood meridian I was expecting a violent madcap adventure or maybe some poetry about poverty, or at least a plot but NOPE

EVERYTHING SUCKS IM FILTHY HERE, ON TEH DRUNK BOAAT

naem
May 29, 2011

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

name a better book where a guy gets brained by a floor buffer in a bar fight and shits his pants. you can't.

I'm not saying its not the most brilliant poo poo ever which it is I just got trolled SO HARD waiting for a plot or ANYTHING

naem
May 29, 2011

Fishy Joe posted:

hola amigos mi nombre es jeff

**cuts your face off and wears it, like a hat**

naem
May 29, 2011

zoux posted:

I think yall are jealous that James Franco is like waaaay more educated than yall.

Hey I hav a master digree

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

This Is the End 2: The Road featuring Jonah Hill as the man and Michael Cera as the boy

8|

naem
May 29, 2011

It's pretty clear through subtext that the family cooks and eats the boy though

naem
May 29, 2011

I mean obviously they first eat dead cancer father, hiding it from the boy as he sips a rich meaty broth they prepare for him to fatten him up,

naem
May 29, 2011

He certainly has the talent to turn prose into borderline poetry, the fact that he's written "a western shoot em up" and "zombie apocalypse" using such talent is kind of hysterical and great fun to be honest

naem
May 29, 2011

-sad
-drunk
-boat(s)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Lightanchor posted:

What do you guys like about Blood Meridian?

MURDER

• Locked thread