Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big business man
Sep 30, 2012

he's probably the greatest living American author OP, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

blood meridian and suttree are god tier

the road, child of god, no country for old men, and the border trilogy are close tho

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

the ending to blood meridian is one of the best endings to any novel I've ever read

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

FORUM POLL: Did Judge rape the Kid?

A. Yes
B. No

A

the judge is a big fan of twinks

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

http://rmars.blogspot.com/2011/01/who-is-judge-holden.html

pretty neat theory that the judge = the kid

not sure I buy it though

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Kirk Johnson posted:

It's indistinguishable from the nonsensical shite schizos write. This is what a medically trained professional will tell you. And assholes still pretend that it's a wonder of literature, mostly for the benefit of each other. Pretending you appreciate 700 pages of turgid shite that makes no sense or drug-addled drivel you'd need to be equally high to appreciate are shibboleths for pretentious literary dickheads, is what I'm saying. Gimme his letters about eating his wife's farts any day of the week instead.

gravitys rainbow is pretty lame imho. people who read it and say they legit enjoyed are similar to people who read finnegans wake and claim to enjoy it

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If you wanna talk about massive obscure novels where weird poo poo happens you should check out Terra Nostra where it ends with the last man and woman on earth fingering each other in the butthole until they fuse together as a dickgirl

good book

and thus, the first Troon was born

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

David foster wallace would have been a much more interesting writer if tennis wasnt so fuckin lame

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Faulkner owns, the sound and the fury is god tier

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

zoux posted:

James Franco is making that into a movie with Seth Rogen and Danny McBride in it.

gently caress

quote:

Jon Hamm[4] as Mr. Compson
James Franco[5] as Benjy Compson
Jacob Loeb[1] as Quentin Compson
Joey King[5] as Miss Quentin
Tim Blake Nelson[6] as Jason Compson III
Loretta Devine[6] as Dilsey
Ahna O'Reilly[7] as Caddy Compson
Scott Haze[8] as Jason Compson IV
Kylen Davis[1] as Luster[9]
Seth Rogen[6] as Telegraph operator (cameo)[1]
Danny McBride[6] as Sheriff (cameo)[1]
Dave Franco[5]
Keegan Allen[6]
Logan Marshall-Green[1] as Dalton Ames

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He spends the first quarter of the book writing like a literal retard so it might hit too close to home for you

:drat:

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

i cant believe james franco is actually making the sound and the fury in to a movie where he plays benjy

and seth rogen and danny mcbride are also in it.

he also tried making blood meridian in to a movie.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Kelfeftaf posted:

franco is/was trying to film an adaptation of blood meridian. danny mcbride as judge holden? seth rogen as toadvine?

michael cera as the kid

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I would watch Lars Von Trier do Blood Meridian

unless it was like an HBO miniseries i can't imagine fitting all of blood meridian in to a movie. also it would be impossible to get rated

seeing the comanche scene on film would be amazing if done right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

the guy who plays Varys on game of thrones would make a good judge holden if he were like 3 feet taller and albino

• Locked thread