Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
TheRatboyGenius
Apr 29, 2014

This Avatar was drawn by Shmorky. It's me as a Crystal Gem.
Happy Halloween

I thought this was a phase that every kid went through in the 4th grade. We're all adults now and I still find myself twiddling my thumbs in silence whenever Anime comes up in conversations. Is there a cure for this? Will I have to find new friends? It's really hard to find new friends when you're older.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GirlBones
Jun 10, 2007
I am not very good at the internet

I like anime too.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Get more in to it than they are, so they think you are obsessed and don't want to talk about it around you.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

I've got the power

Just mercilessly make fun of them

TheRatboyGenius
Apr 29, 2014

Happy Halloween

Brekelefuw posted:

Get more in to it than they are, so they think you are obsessed and don't want to talk about it around you.

No way jose! I ain't lookin to turn into one of them. I'm a game changer not a player.

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012

Anime is good though? Just watch anime you loser.

TheRatboyGenius
Apr 29, 2014

Happy Halloween

The Walking Dad posted:

You didn't have to call me a loser. Why are anime fans so mean? They get defensive about anime, like a fat man with a piece of cake. I guess they can't take criticism.

TheRatboyGenius
Apr 29, 2014

Happy Halloween

gently caress da Mods posted:

Just mercilessly make fun of them

Tried that, five against one. Not so good.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Ruin what he likes about it. He thinks its deep? Make insightful comments that ruins its appearance of depth. That kind of thing. What does he like about it?

TheRatboyGenius posted:

like a fat man with a piece of cake. I guess they can't take criticism.

I would retort but I don't want to give myself the wrong impression about my diet

Edit: What kind of anime, btw? I know a film buff who has some anime and they're just normal movies. Are they watching gay anime for kids and teenagers?

TheRatboyGenius
Apr 29, 2014

Happy Halloween

Accretionist posted:

What kind of anime, btw? I know a film buff who has some anime and they're just normal movies. Are they watching gay anime for kids and teenagers?
Correct me if I'm wrong with the titles they watch, I only ever hear about them when they talk about them; Narutoe,Fairytale,Attacks on Titan, and that nickelodeon one. And most recently Kill la kill, I remember that being discussed on the forums here not to long ago.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

HE IS GLISTEN

animes are very good and you should watch them, this is a screenshot from and anime i watched last week i believe it was called project a-ko

TheRatboyGenius
Apr 29, 2014

Happy Halloween

pathetic little tramp posted:

animes are very good and you should watch them, this is a screenshot from and anime i watched last week i believe it was called project a-ko

Oh man is that Steve Harvey from family feud? They actually made an anime about him?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

HE IS GLISTEN

TheRatboyGenius posted:

Oh man is that Steve Harvey from family feud? They actually made an anime about him?

no i think that's gary coleman (dynomite!) but it is hard to tell them apart

TheRatboyGenius
Apr 29, 2014

Happy Halloween

pathetic little tramp posted:

no i think that's gary coleman (dynomite!) but it is hard to tell them apart

Quit messing around, Gary Coleman never looked liked that.

Silver Striker
May 21, 2013

TheRatboyGenius posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong with the titles they watch, I only ever hear about them when they talk about them; Narutoe,Fairytale,Attacks on Titan, and that nickelodeon one. And most recently Kill la kill, I remember that being discussed on the forums here not to long ago.

Sever, your friends only like bad Anime.

TheRatboyGenius
Apr 29, 2014

Happy Halloween

Silver Striker posted:

Really? Darn, I guess I'll adopt a dog or something. I only ever kept them around because I liked the company.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

TheRatboyGenius posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong with the titles they watch, I only ever hear about them when they talk about them; [Generic Adolescent Power Fantasies],Fairytale, [Bizarre Japanese Social Commentary], and that nickelodeon one [Literally targeted at 10 - 12 year olds]. And most recently Kill la kill, I remember that being discussed on the forums here not to long ago.

Haha, this is weird poo poo for adults to suddenly get into.

That first one's like [Generic Adolescent Male Power Fantasies] and that Nickelodeon one was literally targeted at 10 - 12 year olds but, wouldn't you know it, found traction across the whole range of teens.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

TheRatboyGenius posted:

I thought this was a phase that every kid went through in the 4th grade. We're all adults now and I still find myself twiddling my thumbs in silence whenever Anime comes up in conversations. Is there a cure for this? Will I have to find new friends? It's really hard to find new friends when you're older.

Tell them to move to Japan. No one likes that poo poo here.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ghosts don't like anime and if they do god help us all.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

just mention some REALLY lovely and embarrassing anime and strawman the gently caress out of it like it is all anime ever. boku no pico oughta do it.

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004

Ask which Dragon Ball Z saga is the best: Freeza or Cell?

TheRatboyGenius
Apr 29, 2014

Happy Halloween

Bip Roberts posted:

Ghosts don't like anime and if they do god help us all.

Referring to my avatar? That's actually just one of my old illustrations I did. I really like it for some reason. http://i.imgur.com/6UQURI5.jpg

Voted Worst Mom
Jun 26, 2010

TheRatboyGenius posted:

Really? Darn, I guess I'll adopt a dog or something. I only ever kept them around because I liked the company.

Dogs like anime too, op

Voted Worst Mom
Jun 26, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q6lgzzfPS4

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

You should recommend therapy to them.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

TheRatboyGenius posted:

Referring to my avatar? That's actually just one of my old illustrations I did. I really like it for some reason. http://i.imgur.com/6UQURI5.jpg

I was telling you to kill your friends but good for your gay ghost avatar.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

I can also sing.

The Walking Dad posted:

when did this become ok? mods??

TheRatboyGenius
Apr 29, 2014

Happy Halloween

Bip Roberts posted:

I was telling you to kill your friends but good for your gay ghost avatar.

Then why didn't you just say so in the first place? And thank you? Lol

Chomp8645
Sep 1, 2006

Hold on a sec, guys, it's been a minute since I shit up this thread with Rickroll anecdotes.

OP for a boy genius you sure do some lazy loving trolling.

TheRatboyGenius
Apr 29, 2014

Happy Halloween

Chomp8645 posted:

OP for a boy genius you sure do some lazy loving trolling.

You could say I'm hardly trying but the fact of the matter is I'm not trying at all. I just want my friends back. End of story.

Pyroxene Stigma
Nov 30, 2005

Hey,Larry!! Your alibi completely collapsed !!!

Just loving tolerate it. They'll coerce you to watch an episode, you won't enjoy it, life will move on.

Some anime is entertaining but it's almost all weird and if you didn't immerse yourself in Japanese games as a kid it's a difficult barrier to breach as an adult and isn't really worth the effort. Everyone has hobbies.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Watch some Attack on Titan fights with them, they're real badass and gory and very much a "I don't normally like this stuff but this is pretty good" kind of thing.

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

Silver Striker posted:

On a related note: why does every anime fan believe all anime is bad, except the ones they happen to like? Is it some kind of "I'm embarrassed, let's hope this lessens it" auto immune defence?

TheRatboyGenius
Apr 29, 2014

Happy Halloween

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Just loving tolerate it. They'll coerce you to watch an episode, you won't enjoy it, life will move on.

Some anime is entertaining but it's almost all weird and if you didn't immerse yourself in Japanese games as a kid it's a difficult barrier to breach as an adult and isn't really worth the effort. Everyone has hobbies.

I guess you're right, I mean they kinda don't like it when I talk about painting. Don't knock it till I try it.

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf

You're a really lovely friend if you can't appreciate your friends being happy with something.

americong
May 29, 2013

Another Successful Contract

learn to love big anime titties like everyone else op

uG
Apr 23, 2003

anytime a woman is around start asking them about those Japanese children cartoons they always watch

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

show your friends the anime section of this, the Something Awful forums.

TheRatboyGenius
Apr 29, 2014

Happy Halloween

xov posted:

You're a really lovely friend if you can't appreciate your friends being happy with something.

I think they can benefit from this. I want to show them that there's more to life then cartoons. Like hiking and cross country!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf

TheRatboyGenius posted:

I think they can benefit from this. I want to show them that there's more to life then cartoons. Like hiking and cross country!

Mind your own business and let others do what they do. Being an enthusiast of a certain type of media certainly isn't hurting anything.

If you want to organize a hiking trip for yourself and your buds, nothing's stopping you. If they all decline because they'd rather watch anime, then maybe you should look for more/other friends. You seem very sociable based on your posts.

«4 »