Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
New sheet here

Na'than'tro: He seeks equality, but it's a fool's effort. Equality is impossible. The only people who believe that things in this galaxy can be equal are severely lacking in knowledge.

Arali Tal'kana: She's brutally optimistic. hopefully I can do the talking with the more disagreeable people we're bound to run across in order to avoid any problems. I can agree that resurecting the Jedi is a good idea, if only so the use of the force becomes less of a taboo. You couldn't ever get me to try and join such a stuffy order, though.

Orion Sunfell: He lived the same life I did... and didn't pick up any of the right lessons.

Sark: If he wants to use his skills as he pleases, I don't see a reason to stop him.

Austin: An Imperial soldier who uses the force? I'd expect him to be one of those "inquisitors" I've heard about if his cover story were better. As is... I don't know how I feel about him, besides knowing I don't trust him.

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Austin's sheet updated, link is actually the same. Think I'm missing the font. Oh well.
Also changed my Emotional Weakness to Coldness. In hindsight Recklessness didn't work very well and this party has a looot of that.

Brensha: You don't need to worry, ma'am. I'm not with the Empire anymore. To them, we're just the same.

Arali: I wasn't part of the purge, although truthfully, I would have carried it out without hesitation. That's how we are trained. And I would have regretted it.

Orion: You haven't flown a starfighter without defenses or life support systems. Step aside and let me fly.

Nath'an'tro: If you believe in equality for all, then surly you would include my brothers who stand against us.

Sark: Grateful to have you on board, Medic.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Desa Runningrider

Here's how my xp and stuff breaks down:

Kel Dor: 100 xp, free rank in Knowledge (education), Dark Vision trait
Mystic career skills: Charm, Coercion, Knowledge (Lore), Knowledge (Outer Rim), Perception, Vigilance
Seer career skills: Discipline, Knowledge (Lore), Survival, Vigilance

40 Willpower 4
30 Agility 3
30 Cunning 3

15 Force power: Bind
- 10 Range 1, 10 Control 1, 5 Strength 1
10 Force power: Sense
- 10 Control 1, 10 Control 1
5 Coercion 1
10 Discipline 2
5 Survival 1
5 Expert Tracker
5 Uncanny Reactions
10 Keen Eyed
15 Grit
15 Sense Danger

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Jobal
Couldn't get the dice to work, even with Google.

XP Breakdown:
Initial:
90 XP for Drall, and then I took the +10 XP option.
-50 XP: Intellect 4->5
-20 XP: Brawn 1->2
-30 XP: Presence 2->3

Guardian Skills: Brawl, Cool, Discipline, Melee, Resilience, Vigilance
Soresu Defender Skills: Discipline, Knowledge (Lore), Lightsaber, Vigilance

Extra:
150 XP
-5 XP Parry
-5 XP Parry
-5 XP Toughened
-10 XP Soresu Technique
-30 XP Sage Specialization
-5 XP Kill With Kindness
-10 XP Researcher
-15 XP Smooth Talker (Charm)
-20 XP Grit
-20 XP Force Rating
-10 XP Heal/Harm Basic Power
-5 XP Heal/Harm Magnitude
-5 XP Charm Skill 0->1
-5 XP Leadership Skill 0->1

0 XP remaining.

Flame112 fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 18, 2014

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
New Sheet

150XP
Mechanics 3 25xp
Computers 2 10xp
Education 1 5xp
Discipline 1 10xp

Solid Repairs 10xp
Imbue Item 15xp
Inventor 15xp

Move 10xp
Magnitude 10xp
Range 5xp
Control 10xp
Control 10xp
Control 15xp

Edit: Eh never mind, no need to delay getting the ball rolling

Not Keyser Soze fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 17, 2014

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Flame112 posted:

Jobal
Couldn't get the dice to work, even with Google.

Are you sure that you are only 1.1 m tall? That makes you 3ft 6in.

Also, I made you a thing. It should work as long as you download it and use the saved file. If there is any problem, I can fix it quickly.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Sheet's still the same

Brensha the Shadow: So bitter. From what she's said about her life, I can see how it may have led her to where she is now, but that doesn't mean I like it. She's good at what she does, and I sympathize with how life's turn out for her, but I don't see us particularly getting along. The fact that being in her presence gives me a headache certainly isn't helping

Arali Tal'Kina: Arali, on the other hand, I can work with. Despite the misfortunes of her childhood, she seems to have come out a better person because, or perhaps in spite, of it. She's a bit more focused on bringing down the Empire foremost, rather than helping those under its oppression right now, but that goal does have a similar end. It just doesn't do much good for those suffering right this moment. Still, there are days when I'm starting to feel more of a direct intervention is needed to alleviate their suffering...

Na'than'tro: Huh, I can't say I ever expected to see another Chiss after leaving the Ascendancy. I can't say I've ever heard of him or his family, but then the Ascendancy does like to cover up little errors and disgraces when possible. Another one who fights for people's rights against an unjust government rather than directly help them, I have overall similar feelings to those for Arali.

Orion Sunfell: Young and full of enthusiasm, he's a bit too cocky. Still, his laudable goals and ability to overcome his background speaks volumes. He may be loudmouthed, but he's also earnest in his dealings, and that counts for a lot.

Austin: I'm... not sure what to think of him. He's a clone, and by all logic he should be dead or hunting me. But here he is, apparently with access to the Force. I can't say I fully trust him, but everyone should be given a chance.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Strong Mouse posted:

Are you sure that you are only 1.1 m tall? That makes you 3ft 6in.

Also, I made you a thing. It should work as long as you download it and use the saved file. If there is any problem, I can fix it quickly.

Yeah, according to wookieepedia, Drall are really, really short. Thanks for the sheet! Everything looks good and the dice finally work on my end :v:. I'm gonna stick it on my own dropbox and edit that link into my other posts.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Squad A, Regular Joes
Squad B, Knighty Knights

Feel free to ask questions either in here or in IRC.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Every time I see Jobal's name...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTmItUT5nt8

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Okay, I want to put this out here, and I don't really want it to offend or discourage anybody at all. This is not in reaction to how the game is going, but more a way for you as players to adapt you to my methods of playing and running a tabletop RPG.

First: I don't want you asking me what skill to use for things. You know your characters better than me (or at least you should). You know what they're good at. Therefore you should be able to know how they'd approach a situation. If you're a mechanic, everything looks like a mechanical problem to be fixed. If you're a talker, you're going to rely heavily on negotiation/charm/deception/whatever. If you're a fighter, well you can go sit in the corner and let the big boys get through the planning and be useful later. You should also try to come up for a difficulty for your skill checks. I'll typically put a default, and if you try to do something that doesn't quite fit with your skills, or you word it in a way that is unusual, then you should add difficulty or setbacks or whatever seems appropriate to the roll. If its not enough, I'll roll more dice and adjust. If its too much, I'll take away dice and adjust. This is the one downfall of playing a pbp game in this manner. Its hard to get a quick reaction when you ask 'whats the difficulty of that'. If you can't decide what the difficulty is, roll your check without difficulty and I'll add the dice in later. That is always an option.

Second: I will accept any reasoning or bullshit you provide me to justify using any skill or power or idea for any reason on two caveats.
A: Its in Character.
B: It's not completely terribly insane. Like totally absolutely no loving way in hell insane.
With that in mind, you should be able to use anything on your character sheet for any situation as long as you can tell me how or why you are doing so.

Third: This game is about building a story. It is not about me looking up on a chart and saying yay or nay to your ideas and how they fit withing my plot and the game's rules. Therefore I want you to not only roll your skill check and see the outcome, but also write what happens after you attempt to do the thing you attempted to do. And I WILL ROLL WITH WHATEVER HAPPENS. This isn't even something that has to be done for skill checks. For instance, in this post Zam is asking about being able to use a Repulsor ATV he created himself to help survive in a jungle. He did a good thing here, that I am happy to let him continue to make that poo poo up. I will now incorporate that idea for a repulsorcat into the game and if the group decides to steal 6 of them to go traipsing across the jungle in I will allow it, build stats for it, and plan the future game around them having these vehicles. This is a thing that is not in the adventure module, a thing we did not plan ahead on, and he did not mention to me in any way and I will roll with it. Please do this all the time. For everything. Within reason. Mostly. But mainly it is better for you to do and ask for permission later, than to ask for permission first. Just do it.

Now please do not take this as a criticism to you, as players. You are all doing a wonderful job, and posting a lot of content, and I am enjoying running these games very much. However, I would greatly enjoy having a more freeform gaming atmosphere, rather than trying to stick with written rules. I consider most rulebooks guidelines and contents of cool content to adapt to your own building of a game story. And I have been trying to teach this poo poo to my IRL players for years and they're still only getting half of it. So you are not alone.

But if you can adapt and play the game the way I prefer I bet you that your future PbP and online GMs will love you. Because you will not be asking them 20 questions about how to do that awesome thing in their game world, but instead doing that awesome thing and asking if its okay in the future. And they'll love that. Most of the pbp GMs I play games in do.

[/rant]

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 20, 2014

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I love that rant and it is now my bible.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The forums outage was still going on when I went to bed last night. I'll try to get a post up on my lunch break, failing that, around midnight when I get home.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Sorry guys work was hell today. I love what's going on in Knights and will update either late tonight or early tomorrow.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Thanks Mustache, that's like a lot more fun than roll'n'wait

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
So what are we thinking for hover transport, Knight Guys? We have, essentially, up to 7 "slots" and can fill them with any of the three types of hover bikes. The fast ones will almost definitely require some Piloting Planetary to use properly.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Quoting this from IRC because I agree with it:

nothingtoseehere posted:

If we take 3 lifeguard ones, me, Dax, and Wroltikk can pilot those, and someone else with agi 2 can take the truck speeder

I vote we sneak out at night.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Knight Guys: Night is probably better, because even if it makes any drives checks harder, we have a force mechanic to fix that. If we fail the stealth check to leave undetected, that is harder to get out of and still be able to get the shuttle back off-planet.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Noosian can drive a truck. I love trucks. I'm great at trucks.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I'm voting for sneaking out at night, or talking our way out. Jobal is terrible at both sneaking and piloting, so hopefully I can get a bonus dice from someone's assistance, and also I'm gonna have to be a passenger.

Agreeing with the nothingtoseehere plan for which vehicles to take.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Desa's going to drop some Force science on the first guard that tries to stop us with all these failures.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
I too think sneaking out at night is the best option and stomping around in the jungle is one of the things Dax is best at so I'm sure nothing could possibly go wrong. Also happy to grab a lifeguard speeder since skilled jockey can still help with piloting it.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Don't expect anything from me, in middle of a field.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Sorry guys its been a busy weekend, and I'm still not sure if I have to fly out of the country next week for work or not.

I'll get a post up for every game tomorrow if things don't go kaboom.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I'm travelling today. Posting will be slow and probably once a day until next weekend.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
So the others in the Jedi Joes thread, still interested or just wondering what you can do?

Because those guys are going to start shooting unless one of you kicks the ball and gives us an opening to run away from this.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
The latter for me. We all scattered to the winds immediately then I chased a guy then suddenly that guy is in another location and people started referring to NPCs I didn't see listed before and none of my skills or stats really help here, so I'm mostly grinning maniacally and clinging on while trying to reread the thread to make sense of stuff. poo poo's just happening and I cannot for the life of me link it back to actual in-thread events.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

So is this something you feel is because I told everyone to go hog wild with story building, or more me not explaining the story as well as I could?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So i'm not sure why I've been rolling 3 force dice with Noosian...my Force Rating should really only be 2 and I'm not sure why I thought it would be 3...

I'll adjust for that going forward.

Forgot about the free bonus force rating.

EDIT: I also have 5 extra XP to spend; that first range upgrade on my force power cost 5, not 10. Went ahead and buffed my Lore to 1 rank. I'll have a new sheet posted shortly.

EDIT2: Alrighty, here's Noosian ver. 3

jivjov fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 5, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
...It is absolutely me misreading that big post you made back when I was moving and completely missing that people actually are just adding in their own story elements, ahahaha.

Well.

I feel kinda dumb now.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Oh okay. Please feel free to do the same and make up weird NPCs or whatever.

I like it when players do poo poo like that.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Is committing force dice an action in structured gameplay? What about uncommitting force dice?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I don't believe it takes an action to commit a force dice, it just happens and your Force Rating goes down until you uncommit the dice.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
For the 45 exp, I took:

Force Influence:
Magnitude -5xp
Control Emotion/Belief -10xp
Strength -10xp
Duration -5xp

Bought a rank in Melee -15xp

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
For the 45 xp I took:

2 ranks in Lightsaber - 35
1 rank in Ranged (Heavy) - 10

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
I'll do xp tomorrow, but are we rolling for conflict-related morality change?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Eeeeeh, I'm not sure I want to do that.

But yeah, I guess we can. Please put your current Morality in each post, and here's the roll: Morality: 1d10 8

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Some questions:

Do we benefit from a Jedi Holocron or Mentor? Also, do you want us to use the latest errata?

And, finally, if we benefit from a Mentor and you want us to use the errata, does the Mentor's force power XP cost reduction apply retroactively? (so we'd basically get 5 XP back per force power)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

No, you're not benefiting from a mentor, unless you wanted the dark side temple to teach you how to force.

It doesn't really fit into the story I've built, and it wasn't like I was stingy with the XP anyways.

As for the errata, go ahead and use it, although I haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet.

• Locked thread