Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Jobal, Drall Guardian (Soresu Defender)

As a rule, The Drall as a race have an obsession with records, lists, organization. Jobal always had a fascination with historical artifacts. Collecting, cataloging, researching, you name it, he loved it. It's why he became an archaeologist. With every piece of history Jobal uncovered, he felt like he was getting closer to solving some great mystery. Years of his life were spent chasing some secret, though he had no idea what it was. Until, of course, he found it. Tucked away in a destroyed temple on some backwater world, Jobal came across something amazing. A holocron! No, a working holocron, which somehow survived the destruction of the temple. When activated, a robed figured appeared before Jobal, and spoke only the following words:

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.
The Jedi Code.

Those words awoke something in Jobal. He understood that, somehow, he had been led to this planet, to this temple, to find this holocron and hear those words. Further exploration of the temple yielded vague references to a 'Jedi Order', which was apparently some kind of group of intergalactic peacekeeping monks. Jobal felt that he was, somehow, connected to these 'Jedi', and resolved to dedicate his life to uncovering more mysteries of the Jedi Order.

Jobal's time in academia and as an archaeologist has left him more robust than your average Drall, with a broad set of skills. When confronted with an obstacle, he prefers to research it fully so that he can solve it in just the right way, rather than rush on blindly. Sometimes, though, he will pursue some piece of knowledge or history with a single-minded purpose, ignoring everything in his way.

My character is mostly finished but I might spend the rest of my money. Before that, though, I have a couple rules questions. One, since my Soresu Technique talent lets me use Intelligence over Brawn for Lightsaber checks, can I also use Intelligence for determining damage with my Ancient Sword? And second, can I mod my Ancient Sword with a Serrated Edge? I guess Serrated Edge is supposed to be a Melee mod only and technically Ancient Swords use Lightsaber, so, I dunno.

I've never played any Star Wars roleplaying game before, so I might be a good test subject for this. Also I'm not a giant Star Wars nerd so please forgive me for any lore I've destroyed already.

Flame112 fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Jobal
Couldn't get the dice to work, even with Google.

XP Breakdown:
Initial:
90 XP for Drall, and then I took the +10 XP option.
-50 XP: Intellect 4->5
-20 XP: Brawn 1->2
-30 XP: Presence 2->3

Guardian Skills: Brawl, Cool, Discipline, Melee, Resilience, Vigilance
Soresu Defender Skills: Discipline, Knowledge (Lore), Lightsaber, Vigilance

Extra:
150 XP
-5 XP Parry
-5 XP Parry
-5 XP Toughened
-10 XP Soresu Technique
-30 XP Sage Specialization
-5 XP Kill With Kindness
-10 XP Researcher
-15 XP Smooth Talker (Charm)
-20 XP Grit
-20 XP Force Rating
-10 XP Heal/Harm Basic Power
-5 XP Heal/Harm Magnitude
-5 XP Charm Skill 0->1
-5 XP Leadership Skill 0->1

0 XP remaining.

Flame112 fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 18, 2014

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Strong Mouse posted:

Are you sure that you are only 1.1 m tall? That makes you 3ft 6in.

Also, I made you a thing. It should work as long as you download it and use the saved file. If there is any problem, I can fix it quickly.

Yeah, according to wookieepedia, Drall are really, really short. Thanks for the sheet! Everything looks good and the dice finally work on my end :v:. I'm gonna stick it on my own dropbox and edit that link into my other posts.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I'm voting for sneaking out at night, or talking our way out. Jobal is terrible at both sneaking and piloting, so hopefully I can get a bonus dice from someone's assistance, and also I'm gonna have to be a passenger.

Agreeing with the nothingtoseehere plan for which vehicles to take.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Some questions:

Do we benefit from a Jedi Holocron or Mentor? Also, do you want us to use the latest errata?

And, finally, if we benefit from a Mentor and you want us to use the errata, does the Mentor's force power XP cost reduction apply retroactively? (so we'd basically get 5 XP back per force power)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
8 - 3 Conflict is 5, so doubling that and adding the 5 morality for letting the rest of the expedition leaves Jobal at 65 morality. I had this wrong.

Conflict roll: 1d10 1
2*(1-3)+5 = 1 net Morality gain, for a total of 51 morality.

10 XP on Heal/Harm range upgrade
15 XP on Heal/Harm range upgrade
10 XP on Reflect Talent
10 XP on Lightsabers to level 2

Flame112 fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 17, 2014

• Locked thread