Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TastyShrimpPlatter
Dec 18, 2006

It's me, I'm the

Foolster41 posted:

On Monday I tried out of the list I was thinking of running for reigonals, Whisper, OL and Inky. Whisper got destroyed in a single hit. :( It was a combination of really bad luck and very poor piloting. I 'm going to try to get at least one practice game with this list, but I'm not expecting to do very good this weekend, but might as well play, the entry's free with the ticket.

I also picked up the interceptor pack, so now I have 3 intreceptors. And I finally got my SD I got from Ebay. :)

Any goons going to Tacoma Reigonals (at ETX) this weekend? I might seen you there. Do the secret goon sign.

There isn't a secret Goon sign

I'm going to be there tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

I'm happy with how the cockpit turned out.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

General Battuta vs ConfusedUs is scheduled to start in about 45 minutes.

He's flying Wedge, Jan Ors, and Biggs. I'm flying MAD COW DISEASE.

Who will triumph?

(Please let it be him so I can pick a different list)

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?

zVxTeflon posted:

drat the K-wing was what I was gonna snag when i got home.

Dang thing's been out of stock for weeks now on CSI.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Herux posted:

If strobe wants to be the man he can let me run the list i wanted but was too slow to get in on time :D. I am kinda done with palp aces anyway.

Hey, did you get my message on Steam?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Corbeau posted:

That's amazing. About all I can say, really really cool.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm starting the server up now so I can get dials and poo poo placed.

Name: MAD COW DISEASE
Pass: lljk

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yo who is going to Yavin?

Look me up I will be wearing the TIE pilot costume

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

thespaceinvader posted:

Yo who is going to Yavin?

Look me up I will be wearing the TIE pilot costume

Yo.

Let's make actual plans to meet up :v: what day you arriving?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

ConfusedUs posted:

I'm starting the server up now so I can get dials and poo poo placed.

Name: MAD COW DISEASE
Pass: lljk

Can MAD COW tremple WEDGEFIST or will the Rebels have another BULL RUN!!! Live now on pay per view

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Jesus, that's so many hit points :stare:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Tekopo posted:

Yo.

Let's make actual plans to meet up :v: what day you arriving?

I'm doing the Regional so some time early on Friday morning.

I'm going to melt my loving brain yay

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm doing the Regional so some time early on Friday morning.

I'm going to melt my loving brain yay
Yeah I'm specifically not doing the regional because of that :v:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

IDGAF I only have to work the following week and I hate my job.

But yeah I will be wearing my costume for the Saturday and possibly the Sunday depending on how I'm feeling, just look me up and ask me about stairs in a very awkward manner.

Or alternatively if not, look out for the purple squint from upthread.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is it too late to get in on that CheetoPoe card? that thing is amazing

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey, has that Brobots vs Suicide Squad match happened yet, by the way? I've been offline a lot for the last couple of days, so I may've missed any posts about the results is all, if it has been completed already.

EDIT: Also, good luck against the cow squad, General Battuta! Don't let 'em pin you against the side of the table for half the game, like what happened to ol' fat Han last game I had with the cows! :saddowns:

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 27, 2016

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Mad Cow Disease triumps over Wedge/Jan/Biggs in a nailbiter!

100-87 in my favor!

Lists:

We got cows!

It's like that scene from Lion King where Mufasa dies, only it's Biggs and Jan both.

Last round. Wedge dies.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Have you considered swapping three of the tractors for an ion cannon? Get the two cannon shuttles in the back, cannon-less shuttles up front, and you've got an actual nightmare setup for anyone to deal with.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

What a great game! The cows absolutely dominated the opening, killing Biggs and Jan on turn 2 of combat, but Wedge was able to clean up three of them on his own and a third flew off the board.

It came down to a turning fight between Wedge and the last shuttle. I made one key error (a 2t instead of a 3t) leaving me at 1 hull with no BB-8, and then it came down to the last dial: head to head, or do I try to dodge the firing arc and get behind him?

Should've picked head to head!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Corbeau posted:

Have you considered swapping three of the tractors for an ion cannon? Get the two cannon shuttles in the back, cannon-less shuttles up front, and you've got an actual nightmare setup for anyone to deal with.

If I wanted to fly something that's actually good, I wouldn't be flying 4 lambda shuttles.

Also if you have cows, you have to have tractors!

General Battuta posted:

What a great game! The cows absolutely dominated the opening, killing Biggs and Jan on turn 2 of combat, but Wedge was able to clean up three of them on his own and a third flew off the board.

It came down to a turning fight between Wedge and the last shuttle. I made one key error (a 2t instead of a 3t) leaving me at 1 hull with no BB-8, and then it came down to the last dial: head to head, or do I try to dodge the firing arc and get behind him?

Should've picked head to head!

I can't believe I was able to turn that thing around and get back into the fight.

I kinda want to fly a lambda with Baffles and Engine now. It might actually be a decent dogfighter.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Corbeau posted:

First Order Interceptors better be in Episode 8 or I'mma gon be mad.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Major Isoor posted:

Hey, has that Brobots vs Suicide Squad match happened yet, by the way? I've been offline a lot for the last couple of days, so I may've missed any posts about the results is all, if it has been completed already.

Not yet! Hopefully tomorrow, since I'm gone for the holiday this weekend. Otherwise it'll have to be a late match next week.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
League game going up! Goon Wangz : lljk if anyone wants to spectate.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

The Gate posted:

Not yet! Hopefully tomorrow, since I'm gone for the holiday this weekend. Otherwise it'll have to be a late match next week.

Excellent - keep us posted! This oughta be about as entertaining as a cow swarmherd winning both its games back-to-back :D

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Maybe quad shuttles is secretly super awesome.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Overdesigned wrecked my imp aces lists. Got his two z95s with missles before he finished me off. His shuttle deployment was awesome. I took some aggressive gambles over the asteroids... and got soontir murdered for it. These lessons are why I'm playing imperials... they're so squishy and I'm bad with them. Now I know a few things I plan on NOT doing next game. Gg to Overdesigned, was a fun match and he earned that win!

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

New Meta

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Kai Tave posted:

It's the most HP you can get in a 100 point list, I believe. They're also huge blockers and with baffles, they can control range better than any ship in the game.

However they're still extremely vulnerable to arc dodging.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Whenever it comes down to Palp bus when I'm runing Sheev+aces I'll pretty much automatically concede. There's just no goddamn way. That thing handles like that enormous treaded vehicle they used to use to transport the space shuttle.

Give us a Bovine Ace pack that gives it a PWT, or at least an aux arc. Look at all the guns on that model.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Otisburg posted:

Whenever it comes down to Palp bus when I'm runing Sheev+aces I'll pretty much automatically concede. There's just no goddamn way. That thing handles like that enormous treaded vehicle they used to use to transport the space shuttle.

Give us a Bovine Ace pack that gives it a PWT, or at least an aux arc. Look at all the guns on that model.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think the Lambda needs a buff of the magnitude you suggest. A rear arc or a primary weapon turret would take the Lambda from powerful (but clunky) to broken.

Baffles allow it to actually turn around or hover (or both). They're basically howitzers now. Lambdas are fine.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Otisburg posted:

Give us a Bovine Ace pack that gives it a PWT, or at least an aux arc.

You shut your goddamn mouth.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

ConfusedUs posted:

To be perfectly honest, I don't think the Lambda needs a buff of the magnitude you suggest. A rear arc or a primary weapon turret would take the Lambda from powerful (but clunky) to broken.

Baffles allow it to actually turn around or hover (or both). They're basically howitzers now. Lambdas are fine.

I'll try them with Waffles, but that reduces my all-important bid from 97 to 98.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Lambda title that removes crew capacity for, IDK, bombs

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Lambda title that removes crew capacity for, IDK, bombs

loool why would anyone want to do that. Like...ever?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

loool why would anyone want to do that. Like...ever?

Same reason anyone would fly 4 lambdas.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

The Gate posted:

If it happens tomorrow, please please send me a PM and I'll record it for posterity.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
Got it a couple games in tonight with Corbeau and Some Numbers. It's the first time I've played at the FLGS and I had a blast. I ran Whisper/Vader/OL first against brobots then against XXX.

I got my poo poo absolutely pushed in by brobots thanks in large part to my own error. It turns out that pulling a K turn with Whisper that leaves her in arc of both of the brobots (with no cloak, tokens, or anything) on turn two and getting her obliterated makes it difficult to win.

The second game had the best moment of the night when Whisper took a 4 dice shot from Poe. Range one, cloaked, with focus. He rolled 4 hits and Whisper rolled four blanks and went *poof*. It was hilarious. I ain't even mad. I believe pictures of this moment exist.

Thanks for the games, guys, it was super fun!

Smegmalicious fucked around with this message at 10:24 on May 27, 2016

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

It's like that scene from Lion King where Mufasa dies, only it's Biggs and Jan both.

The important thing to note here is that Biggs did not bump either shuttle. He squeezed into that tiny space perfectly.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The important thing to note here is that Biggs did not bump either shuttle. He squeezed into that tiny space perfectly.

The mustache is slick.

e: moostache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Smegmalicious posted:

Got it a couple games in tonight with Corbeau and Some Numbers. It's the first time I've played at the FLGS and I had a blast. I ran Whisper/Vader/OL first against brobots then against XXX.

I got my poo poo absolutely pushed in by brobots thanks in large part to my own error. It turns out that pulling a K turn with Whisper that leaves her in arc of both of the brobots (with no cloak, tokens, or anything) on turn two and getting her obliterated makes it difficult to win.

There used to a Whisper right in front of both IGs.

quote:

The second game had the best moment of the night when Whisper took a 4 dice shot from Poe. Range one, cloaked, with focus. He rolled 4 hits and Whisper rolled four blanks and went *poof*. It was hilarious. I ain't even mad. I believe pictures of this moment exist.

Thanks for the games, guys, it was super fun!

• Locked thread