Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

edit: ^^^kind of scummy to meet up at your shop but buy your games through a loophole dude.

In Flight report is starting, following it on Team Covenant twitter.

https://twitter.com/teamcovenant

Good lord is X-Wing popular

alg fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

X-Wing is their number one selling game, they are making an online toolset

edit: new faction :/

Apparently this can convert the HWK-290 and Slave 1 to Scum and Villainy. Pretty disappointed, I wanted a Rebel Aces 2 for Y-Wings :/

alg fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 15, 2014

alg
Mar 14, 2007

IG-2000, IG-88's ship.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Board game, Armada ships and squadrons

alg
Mar 14, 2007

oh my goodness
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4994

just drain my bank account dry, FFG

alg
Mar 14, 2007

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I use dis. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-Angled-Tackle-System/15904153

Holds everything, still have a ton of extra space

alg
Mar 14, 2007

FuSchnick posted:

Is there really a need to sleeve cards in this game? It's not like you shuffle/handle them constantly.

But I'm a savage... I don't even sleeve my Netrunner cards...

Just put some cheap sleeves on them, you never know what went on on the table before you got there

alg
Mar 14, 2007

smashthedean posted:

Just got a close look at the IG-2000's stats in FFG's recap video and holy poo poo that thing is 3/3(!)/4/4 with boost and evade. That is crazy!

:stare:

Hopefully it's 50 pts

alg
Mar 14, 2007

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4998

:stare:

alg fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 16, 2014

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Ka'atos Leachos from the RPG is one of the Z-95 pilots :) Gonna suck if the PS7 Y-wing pilot is non-lovely and Rebels are stuck with what we've got now.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Imperial player plays at my store. He's a great guy and a great player. He plays a LOT.

He can pretty much win with Whisper, Yorr is a red herring

alg fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 17, 2014

alg
Mar 14, 2007

The Gate posted:

Do you happen to play in the Triangle area? That list is one a guy here runs, and it sorts looks like him, but I can't tell from the back like that for certain.

Ya, I play at Gamer's Armory. Stairs, etc.

edit: good interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCrNf_Y4KfA

alg fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 17, 2014

alg
Mar 14, 2007

HWK-290 can't use Systems Upgrades.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

"We don't want to see any like 11 point pilots"

Thank god.

Yeah, I like that, I like them saying TIE Advanced will see its day, and I like that they want to keep the factions Different.

I don't get how they are surprised the Falcon is competitive, lol

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I can't see them selling a pack of cards that releases content that people have already paid money for like that. I could see them releasing new material under a cards pack but I doubt they will do it. The price point isn't terrible for a minis game.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Strobe posted:

Yes, we know that. The idea here being that you can get the pilots that come with the transport without shelling out $50 for a ship you'll never use in a tournament game anyway just to get the pilots.

This wouldn't lead to any ruffled feathers at all. :shobon:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Leo Showers posted:

Well you better get mad at everybody proxying it then. Really they should release those X-Wing pilots seperately. I did buy the huge ships because I thought they looked neat, not because they came with any special card.

I haven't seen anyone proxying it, but I only play league and tournaments. I'm happy with my big ship purchases but I didn't pay MSRP (the Corvette has been on sale for $50 recently). I am hoping Epic becomes a little bit more playable, as it is it's only Imperial players want to play it since the cap ships are so overpriced/ineffective.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

As someone who bought the CR90 just for C3PO I would be upset if they released him in another manner.

EDIT: I'd get over it of course. I would just feel like I got suckered.

Pretty much.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Caddrel posted:

Who wants to look at their opponents squad and think "ugh, this won't be fun." Of course no one knows what the actual cards will be, but those were my thoughts.

Literally every time I play a dual Falcon or list with Phantoms and Soontir Fel.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Hra Mormo posted:

I'm more disappointed that even Paul brought a falcon. The one thing that annoys me about the Phantom is that as a rebel player I have a really hard time justifying not bringing a falcon.

Yeah last week I was helping Rick practice for GenCon and brought a list that didn't have the Falcon. Took down Yorr and Fel easily, then got owned by the Phantom. Can't wait to run YT2400 and YT1300 together and just forget about Phantoms for an entire league.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

by the way, if you want to be even happier you play X-Wing, take a look at the Attack Wing forums on BGG.

http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/1384767/star-trek-attack-wing/general

Apparently WK was selling GenCon exclusive promos, but only 30 a day, and people got trampled/etc. The promos are just strictly better than other ships.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

SageNytell posted:

Fixed that for you. It is my dream.

How does the fanbase for X-Wing at local stores seem to be? I understand every store is different, but some friends are encouraging me to try the local X-Wing nights. I'm concerned by the fanbase I've seen for a lot of other games at my FLGS - I would never do a Magic night with strangers after the poo poo I've seen, for example. Does X-Wing tend to attract a more mature audience due to the slightly higher buy-in cost?

edit: yub yub motherfuckers

Aside from terrible nerd shittiness like unironic Empire apologists, it's pretty good. We've got one guy who screams swear words when he rolls poorly but he has stopped showing up as much. I just stopped playing him, got tired of hearing how I only won because my dice were hot.

The problem at my store is that they schedule other events for that night too, so the store is full of unwashed minis players and magic players love to come in and take tables when it isn't their league night.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

It's less interesting as you add more points. You make less choices and just take the best options.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

TheTofuShop posted:

On the other hand, I find 100 points to be boring as hell, as I haven't seen a new list at 100 pts in months.

But the thread does have a massive hard on for 100 pts and tournament play.

What does this mean? I'm active in a league and keep track of the competitive scene, wave 4 has been crazy for new lists and Wave 5 will be even more interesting.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

TarDolphinorShark posted:

It's not the tantive it's the rebel transport. I mainly mentioned it because it comes with a few more Xwing pilots. What would be the best pilot for my B wing? I usally just use the blue squad pilot.

Dagger + Advanced Sensors is pretty ownage

alg
Mar 14, 2007

If you want to fly A-Wing and B-Wing (without Rebel Aces):

Arvel Crynyd

Biggs Darklighter

Dagger Squadron Pilot
Advanced Sensors

Tarn Mison
R7 Astromech

Have Biggs fly cover for the B-Wing, which does your work. Tarn can hold his own 1v1 while Arvel rams...something.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Dagger is there because Predator is so popular right now. At least it is in my meta.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

It would be worth investing in a Firespray given how good the new Boba Fett looks. HWK is up to you.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Ruthlessness is Imperial only
edit: for content, not too into Expose, still. Rather do Predator or Outmaneuver

alg fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 22, 2014

alg
Mar 14, 2007

signalnoise posted:

Anyone know when they expect a reprint of the Y-Wing, A-Wing, TIE Interceptor, Slave 1, and Falcon? The stars aligned, my wife said she'd play, and I can do overtime at will so now I am planning to have at least one of each expansion, but the Y, A, and Interceptor are priced high as poo poo due to them being out of stock anywhere reasonable.

Are you in continental US?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

If I can find an exact list of each piece that comes with each kit, I'll sell you used A/Y/TIE I for 15 bux + shipping total. I have extras and I'm willing to help a goon out.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah, I have that, but I need to see the tokens listed. BGG has TIE/I and Y-Wing but not A-Wing.

edit: got my GenCon stuff just as I was packing up signalnoise's stuff.

can't fuckin wait to fly that YT-2400

alg fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 23, 2014

alg
Mar 14, 2007

signalnoise posted:

alg is a really cool dude thanks alg

It's cool dude, a goon gets some new ships without stressin his wife out amd I make room for Rebel Aces / scum :getin:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Who knows what S&V has in store for HWK290 :shobon:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Strobe posted:

I want more Y-Wings.

Please. Just give me more Y-Wings.

Now that the game has branched out so much, I wonder if it might not be a good idea for FFG to release faction starter boxes that build on the core set. A Rebel faction starter box could be an X-Wing and two Y-Wings, with new cards for the Y-Wings at the very least. An Imperial one could have an Advanced and two Fighters with similarly new cards.
God I hope not, I'll have to sell more minis to make room

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Flew Chewie/Dash tonight, HLC got critted away on the 3rd turn :negative:

I spent the rest of the game firing at a 1 hull Phantom and losing. Han/generic Outrider pilot it is.

Watched The Gate wipe the floor with a whiny manchild, though, which was worth it.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/114992-its-time-to-ban-c3p0/

I love how crazy this dude is. He thinks C-3PO is the problem. I wonder why he doesn't ask himself why people are running the Falcon?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

nahanahs posted:

There's what I was missing. Thanks.

How about, with the Outrider card, if you get that secondary weapon shot off via a crit, can you shoot with your primary weapon, or is that considered like it was never there to begin with?

You go back to your primary weapon, since you don't have the secondary weapon equipped anymore.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

FFG accidentally had a page up for the digital tools earlier, they look pretty cool, but not part of competitive play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Yep I keep one sleeved, one unsleeved, both in their own lil baggies. I should check to make sure they are all there, though

• Locked thread