Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!

alg posted:

edit: new faction :/

Welp, my girlfriend is going to kill me. :aaa:

Any Uglies shown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!

jivjov posted:

I'm surprised that we're getting a new faction this late..I would have thought that would be something added in like Wave 2 or 3 or something.

I had been concerned, but I figure that the new movies will only drum up more interest in the game. It looks like FFG is doubling down on the brand, which is an interesting choice and I'll be glad to see where it leads.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
So for the more math - inclined goons out there: what does the Accuracy Corrector mean for shot statistics? Is there a scenario when making a shot normally makes sense?

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
I'm just hoping for Looted TIE Interceptors piloted by the Hawk-Bats, with Lt. Kettch as the high pilot-skill unique.

Pilot Ability: Push the (Ewok) Limit

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!

jivjov posted:

Like give us a Lt. Kettch TIE Interceptor pilot card, but give it the same pilot skill, upgrade slots, ability and point cost of an existing TIE pilot Baron Fel.

Fixed that for you. It is my dream.

How does the fanbase for X-Wing at local stores seem to be? I understand every store is different, but some friends are encouraging me to try the local X-Wing nights. I'm concerned by the fanbase I've seen for a lot of other games at my FLGS - I would never do a Magic night with strangers after the poo poo I've seen, for example. Does X-Wing tend to attract a more mature audience due to the slightly higher buy-in cost?

edit: yub yub motherfuckers

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
One of these days I'm going to drat the rules and run a Wraith Squadron wing of X-Wings and Interceptors and I will have a great goddamned time.

I understand balance and keeping factions distinct but I would sell an organ to get a Wraith Squadron expansion, and I'll never have the chance because I'm pretty sure the Allston estate wouldn't ok it even if FFG asked. :(

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
Have we heard anything further on the Scum and Villainy ships? Any further features or spoilers?

I am so excited to see how the new faction is really going to shape up. :science:

LoG posted:

So I should have one of everything by the end of the week except an A-wing but I will probably grab the Aces pack to get one of those. With 2 core sets I'll have 2 X-Wings and 4 ties. Are there any ships I should get multiples of now while I have some cash? Trying to some what future proof my collection.

Grab one of each of the Xwing and Tie expansions to go with the core sets, they have some fantastic pilots and each ship is solid for its' role. Multiple Headhunters might also be in order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!

Ballpoint Penguin posted:

Suggestions? Also, the tournament is doubling as a food drive, so players can trade in cans of food for tokens that allow you to re-roll a single die. There doesn't seem to be an upward limit on how many cans you can turn in for tokens, what's the maximum amount of cans one could bring without looking like a tool who's trying to game the system?

gently caress the system, bring all the cans. Win and feel good for helping the needy.

• Locked thread