Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

IronClaymore posted:

Off-topic, but I was wondering about all this twitter stuff.

Does the future of warfare involve people shooting each other (as it does now), while simultaneously using social media to troll each other and the things they like. And I don't just mean hours later, but real time. Like a squad is under fire, and they receive a tweet, through a social media company totally disconnected from the war that's going on, where it's the very guy shooting right now, who's saying they're a pussy bastard and they should stick their head out?

I was kinda hoping for cyborgs and lasers, honestly, for the future of warfare. The 1980s lied to me.

gently caress no. Cyborgs are expensive and they don't do poo poo that a bunch of people couldn't do for cheaper. Trolling twitter is free and it's fun. The future of warfare is just like playing COD and both teams have voice chat enabled except there's more 12 year olds and only some of the people are gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
IS has taken over a neighbourhood in the Hague. City council is Kowtowing to them by giving them full control of the neighbourhood and preventing real Dutch citizens from going in there and busting some muzzie skulls.

Expect the city of the Hague to fall to IS before the end of the year, the Netherlands as a whole somewhere in 2015.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
heads up, this is still GBS and everything should be work safe. Unless a mod says "you may do this" you can't post gore pics in GBS.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

NihilismNow posted:

IS has taken over a neighbourhood in the Hague. City council is Kowtowing to them by giving them full control of the neighbourhood and preventing real Dutch citizens from going in there and busting some muzzie skulls.

Expect the city of the Hague to fall to IS before the end of the year, the Netherlands as a whole somewhere in 2015.

hosed up if true

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Spanish Manlove posted:

heads up, this is still GBS and everything should be work safe. Unless a mod says "you may do this" you can't post gore pics in GBS.

Stop trying to silence the people Fox News! :argh:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Zzulu posted:

And here's how ISIS was so successful against the Iraq army:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=28e_1408063629

you can see god drat APCs go flying into the air

last part has a guy flying real high

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

InterFaced posted:

Sure, now we get the super liberal commie pope. Just when we need a holy crusade. :smith:

this is my new meme

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Bitter Mushroom posted:

this is my new meme

Kill them all, God will know his own.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Prettz posted:

butcher civilians and reporters and children?

I hate to tell you this but the only counter insurgency operations that have succeeded where the insurgents had support of the local populace involved scorched earth tactics and basically killing everyone capable of carrying a weapon.

Like the only notable exception to this was the Malaysian Emergency/Insurgency/War and that still took over 12 years despite the local population being fully behind the British and the location itself being geographically isolated so the Insurgents really had no where to hide.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I wonder if the head is sentient for a few seconds or so after the beheading

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Or like a millisecond

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

good question try it and report back your findings

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

i've heard that they are if its done quickly enough

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
In most cases, they're sentient for at least long enough to feel a dull knife hacking at the inside of their spinal cord

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Justin Tyme posted:

good question try it and report back your findings

Oka-

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

KomodoWagon posted:

In most cases, they're sentient for at least long enough to feel a dull knife hacking at the inside of their spinal cord

Maybe you get a nice breath of air to the brain stem

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

you'd think they'd at least use some damascus steel sharp scimitar or something befitting their medieval view of the world and not some Dick's Sporting Goods made in china buck knife

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

people video taping medieval beheadings with their smart phones. it's like something out of Dune

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Davincie posted:

i've heard that they are if its done quickly enough

A swiftly removed head still blinks and mouths words for a second or two APPARENTLY

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

IronClaymore posted:

I was kinda hoping for cyborgs and lasers, honestly, for the future of warfare. The 1980s lied to me.

We're also supposed to have flying cars and hoverboards by now. The future is lame as hell.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Justin Tyme posted:

you'd think they'd at least use some damascus steel sharp scimitar or something befitting their medieval view of the world and not some Dick's Sporting Goods made in china buck knife

Hold on there buddy you're not inferring that one cutting implement is closer to Allah than another, are you? 'Cus that's some major bid'ah bro

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

InterFaced posted:

We're also supposed to have flying cars and hoverboards by now. The future is lame as hell.

gently caress we never developed dust-repellent paper

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

mookface posted:

A swiftly removed head still blinks and mouths words for a second or two APPARENTLY

i hope when i get beheaded some kind soul will blow air into my neck hole so that i can say "gently caress you" as my last beheaded words.

Zippy the Bummer fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 15, 2014

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This is ISIS fightin in Syria but you can see them seizing a big weapons depot right at the end

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a98_1408115450
they keep taking over so much military hardware from clueless military installations

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

Zzulu posted:

This is ISIS fightin in Syria but you can see them seizing a big weapons depot right at the end

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a98_1408115450
they keep taking over so much military hardware from clueless military installations

Sun Tzu 101 right there. Why spend money on weapons when you can take your enemy's?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I thought gopros were just for sweet downhill mountain bike videos, had no idea you could use them for IRL call of duty poo poo.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
truly we have entered a new era of war

mount cameras on yo head while you gun down infidels and post the video on your blog next to your blurb about jihad cats. Send smug troll twitters to your enemies and watch them fume shortly before you attack their compound. Record sick beheading videos with your cellphone and have your kids pose with the severed heads, smiling. Put up high speed cameras while you blow up tanks so you can show the explosion in sweet rear end slow-mo later on

Put it all together in cool youtube compilations with sweet music and call of duty-esque effects editing to attract the psychos of the world who want to take part in the apocalypse

this isis poo poo is hella weird and kind of bizzarely fascinating too

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Aug 15, 2014

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Zzulu posted:

truly we have entered a new era of war

mount cameras on yo head while you gun down infidels and post the video on your blog next to your blurb about jihad cats. Send smug troll twitters to your enemies and watch them fume shortly before you attack their compound. Record sick beheading videos with your cellphone and have your kids pose with the severed heads, smiling. Put up high speed cameras while you blow up tanks so you can show the explosion in sweet rear end slow-mo later on

Put it all together in cool youtube compilations with sweet music and call of duty-esque effects editing to attract the psychos of the world who want to take part in the apocalypse

this isis poo poo is hella weird and kind of bizzarely fascinating too

between poo poo like this, pmcs, drone warfare and this whole hilarious war machine bullshit this world has the trappings of a poorly written cyberpunk novel. its unbelievable if it w2asnt real

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Bolow posted:

I hate to tell you this but the only counter insurgency operations that have succeeded where the insurgents had support of the local populace involved scorched earth tactics and basically killing everyone capable of carrying a weapon.

Yes, and?

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Good job you killed everyone. That should stop those murderers.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Bolow posted:

JDAMs are hella cheap, but we should use Thermobaric weapons imho

syria does this to isis already (fuel-air bombs)

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

KomodoWagon posted:

Good job you killed everyone. That should stop those murderers.

We are all going to die anyways praise jesus

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
when are we gonna deploy the cool rear end mechs to police the middle east

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Zzulu posted:

when are we gonna deploy the cool rear end mechs to police the middle east

as soon as General Atomics figures out how to mount the "Blitzer" rail gun system on bipedal tank

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
efficiency. flexibility. superiority. general atomics presents: metal gear. metal gear????

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.
Please, any new American weapons system is going to be an overpriced piece of poo poo. Our walking mechs would get 10 steps before malfunctioning and falling over onto an apartment building, killing everyone inside.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L7G7YAYYOg

these isis boys sound like right shits

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

New Division posted:

Please, any new American weapons system is going to be an overpriced piece of poo poo. Our walking mechs would get 10 steps before malfunctioning and falling over onto an apartment building, killing everyone inside.

the original ending of MGS has liquid snake getting asphyxiated by metal gear after crossing the international date line

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
did obama save those 50k people trapped on that mountain yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pioneermax
May 25, 2003
Remember, you are not a salmon
I think our only hope is that ebola jumps from Africa to the middle east.

• Locked thread