Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Great Joe posted:

i like "hentai" its a nice catchphrase, much funnier than "grundel" and "frolf" (:

toddy. posted:

Holy poo poo Great Joe stop posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Pins posted:

Alright i actually have a request. Please attempt to educate me about this hentai while using real people words n poo poo. I am curious but don't want piles of anime words dropped on me.
i want steak justice to tell me about ninjas taking a written test :colbert:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Great Joe posted:

No seriously. Stop posting in these threads, please.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Great Joe posted:

Well, the written test was more of a "can you cheat without getting caught?" test, so I guess it was the most ninja thing.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Naruto, of course, completely loving failed it but managed to go on anyway because of his ninja spirit. As in got a zero levels of failed it.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Pins posted:

No seriously. Stop posting in these threads, please.
Alright, already.

(don't let that toxx get you, im legit psyched about that podcast you might do)

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
I'm legit psyched for you never posting again.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Great Joe posted:

Alright, already.

(don't let that toxx get you, im legit psyched about that podcast you might do)

Please just stop posting altogether.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
Edit: apparently I'm a liar.

Pins fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 21, 2014

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

so how about them narutos...

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

remember that time there was a naruto lp????????

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

Dryzen posted:

I'm sorry I don't recall, I was having too busy riding my bike home while you took the train.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

EntranceJew posted:

I'm sorry I don't recall, I was having too busy riding my bike home while you took the train.

you are a meme bank of jpop

vvvvv
nice

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
pooooooooooooooop

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

Dryzen posted:

you are a meme bank of jpop

Your money is no good here, I only accept hamburger hamburger ham, hamburgers (yum)

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

EntranceJew posted:

Your money is no good here, I only accept hamburger hamburger ham, hamburgers (yum)

햄버거햄버거햄 햄버거가 맛있어요!

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
HERRO MY NAME IS EJEW I AM WAHITE

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Pins posted:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Dryzen posted:

Don't worry, it's not over yet.

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

Dryzen posted:

햄버거햄버거햄 햄버거가 맛있어요!

我是马来西亚的查某!

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

EntranceJew posted:

我是马来西亚的查某!

i mean from over here you look pretty korean

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

8==============================D

requested by pins

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

Pins posted:

That hasn't been proven in a court of law, and even if it was, it would be pronounced waha~ite.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
believe it

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
the gently caress is going on itt

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
live posting coverage from inside the village deep within the feels

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

toddy. posted:

live posting coverage from inside the village deep within the feels

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
pins we recorded a hentai where is it

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Kuvo posted:

pins we recorded a hentai where is it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-6QihsISF0

I have to make a banner for that. It's Kuvo, Dryzen, the other guy, and me.

Silentsigil
Oct 16, 2012
This just occurred to me and seems relevant and kind of hilarious. Real life ninja wizards may or may not have had a few actual sneaky tricks, but their real 'impact' was probably* based on a massive propaganda campaign. They lied so well that their exploits became legendary enough that even underestimating their abilities gave them superhuman abilities in rumors.

I'm watching through these videos now and wondering if that samurai in all the ninja meetings is in on the hype or not.

"Oh yeah ninja dudes, that sounds real serious. You should work that out and totally stay out of our business. Those magicawhatsits and kaijushenanigans. Yeah. Just keep stabbin' each other, that'll probably fix it."

*I am not an historian or an expert on ninjas.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Silentsigil posted:

This just occurred to me and seems relevant and kind of hilarious. Real life ninja wizards may or may not have had a few actual sneaky tricks, but their real 'impact' was probably* based on a massive propaganda campaign. They lied so well that their exploits became legendary enough that even underestimating their abilities gave them superhuman abilities in rumors.

I'm watching through these videos now and wondering if that samurai in all the ninja meetings is in on the hype or not.

"Oh yeah ninja dudes, that sounds real serious. You should work that out and totally stay out of our business. Those magicawhatsits and kaijushenanigans. Yeah. Just keep stabbin' each other, that'll probably fix it."

*I am not an historian or an expert on ninjas.

This arc is actually biting social commentary on the US's role in the Middle East.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

that's weird i watched these same videos and all i could think of was how much i want to be a butterfly

also that xumtosis is so dumb holy poo poo help

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
This is unrelated but somehow extremely relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK_KYnwd0P4

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The log thing is pretty simple: people used to think ninjas could switch places with objects in order to escape. This probably comes from ninjas making dummies to fool their enemies or something.

Also, glad to see this back.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
It's even easier than that: if you knew someone was trying to kill you with throwing knives you'd probably drop a log too.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!
I think people are forgetting the fact that most well-known ninja abilities and costumes are actually from theatics, not actual practice.

You know, like the black PJs, kawarimi-no-jutsu(Log Switch), walking on water, disappearing from smoke, etc. These are all traits from plays about ninjas, not actual ninja practices.

In reality, they acted more like mercenaries that did Black Ops, like posing as civilians for espionage and assassinations.

Silentsigil
Oct 16, 2012
What I was focusing on was the samurai reacting to all this. Is he a "normal" person? Offscreen are the ninja showing him elaborate powerpoints and crayon drawings and ridiculous charades that explain all this stuff to him? Does he already know the gist of what all these crazy wizard ninjas are doing and just accept it at face value?

Or are the samurai wizards in this world, too? Everybody's a wizard! woo!

I just had this mental image of him (as a completely normal human) in a conference listening to the elaborate magic-assassin-battle shenanigans that were explained in the thread and him just thinking "Bullpoo poo" while playing along on the outside and offering completely reasonable-sounding advice.

It struck me as pretty funny. I didn't mean to start a conversation about ninjitsu/jutsu/stage performances.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Dryzen posted:

also that xumtosis is so dumb holy poo poo help

You are mean. Xumtosis is a great person. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011