Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

Neurosis posted:

lol at people pretending there isn't a big tone difference between ice age and the land before time

Seriously, who gives a poo poo? Watch the old children's movies or, better yet, don't watch children's movies period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
90s aesthetic really loving sucked. Everything was gross and gaudy, and if it wasn't, it was bad CGI.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

lonesomedwarf posted:

i dont remember watership down but i remember being really scared during part of it i think it was the black scary looking rabits and i remember going to the toilet reminded me of watership down so itried not to do it much because it looked like this

looking back i had many, many problems that have manifested themselves in various ways

thank you, for this mspaint of ur boyhood toilet.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
I liked all of Don Bluth's stuff when I was a kid even though I didn't realize it at the time. Secret of NIMH, land before time, american tail, god tier poo poo for my childhood.

yeah that's what I'm talking about

vvvv

down n out fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Aug 15, 2014

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

The old stuff had no qualms about scarring children for life.
That's what makes it great.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Neurosis posted:

this does rule i will agreee but i'm glad i didn't see it until i was 20 or something because it would have scared the poo poo out of me
But that's why it's the best.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
The Iron Giant is an amazing film from 1999. One of the best children's movies I've ever watched. Holy gently caress.

EDIT: The Incredibles is also excellent. Pixar at their peak, before Disney ruined them.

Counterpoint: Ghostbusters and Back to the Future are excellent.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 15, 2014

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

lonesomedwarf posted:

i dont remember watership down but i remember being really scared during part of it i think it was the black scary looking rabits and i remember going to the toilet reminded me of watership down so itried not to do it much because it looked like this

looking back i had many, many problems that have manifested themselves in various ways

Sorry for quoting this picture of the mspaint toilet once again, but I want to ask - do you have any more like it?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Me again; I've been looking around on the internet and while there are other well made mspaint pictures of toilets available online, surprisingly few offer the same viewing angle as your drawing. It's very weird. Most of them are seen sort of in profile or from the side, which is how a small child would mspaint a toilet I guess. And I mean that's fine, for what it is, but the angle is undramatic and it gets boring, to be frank. I even found this very detailed mspaint of the interior workings of a toilet that might resemble the one in your childhood:

anyway, I would appreciate it if you could upload another mspaint of ur scary toilet, cheers.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
when you search for ms paint toilets on google images, this is one of the pictures you get:

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
"I enjoyed the children's movies I watched as a child way more than the children's movies that I watched as an adult, because they came out when I was an adult".

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
For the record, I agree the 80s had better kids movies. The 90s had better cartoons though.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Also,
Old Yeller
Goodbye, My Lady
Charlotte's Web
Animal Farm
Pufnstuf Zaps the World
The Little Prince
Willy Wonka (the Gene Wilder version, not the John Mark Karr version)
Pippi Longstocking
The Phantom Tollbooth

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove
for some reason 80s and 90s animation makes me think the decades smelled like pizza grease. i was too young to probably notice in the 90sat the time

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Minimalist Program posted:

anyway, I would appreciate it if you could upload another mspaint of ur scary toilet, cheers.

p sure youre being facetious but i drew this special for you because i enjoy intereacting with other humans

youll probably be disappointed because anticipation is usually better than the recieving but i hope you enjoy it!~!!!!!

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
wtf is this poo poo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

blank check

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
the greatest kid's movie ever made was the 5,000 fingers of dr. t

it has everything including roller-skating twins joined at the beard

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Back in my day, we didn't have children's movies. The children's entertainment was the shadows cast onto the wall by the fire that lit my family's abandoned cave.

Seriously, early Disney films were about parental abandonment and Walt's mother issues.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Has anyone mentioned Monster Squad yet?

Because that is most definitely my poo poo.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
speaking of 80s cartoon movies, the Last Unicorn had a witch who wanted to be eaten by a harpy, because harpies are immortal and thus she would be immortal by virtue of being devoured and remembered by the harpy.

That is some seriously existential poo poo for a children's movie

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Wolfman's got nards!

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

unfortunately selling super-dark, traumatizing poo poo to children isn't really profitable so capitalism dictates no more. whatever you think of it artistically that's just the way it is. maybe clone don bluth and give him a few billion dollars to work with no strings attached. otherwise you're out of luck

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
don bluth was one insidious bastard, throwing stuff like dog afterlife and immigrant mice being eaten by cats and the rats of nimh at kids but they're all so cute and wide-eyed and then little fievel sings somewhere out there before the dog's life watch stops ticking and he loving DIES for REAL

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Howard Beale posted:

the greatest kid's movie ever made was the 5,000 fingers of dr. t

it has everything including roller-skating twins joined at the beard

I had no idea this movie existed. According to the wiki, Geisel/Seuss didn't care to include it in his biography.

Definitely a film way ahead of its time, judging from the weirdness and imagination on parade.

Edit: Oh look, oh look at what my eyes do see - a plucky documentary!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzw97x9mUVE

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Aug 16, 2014

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
When my nephew was around eight I showed him the Jim Henson Storyteller series and it scared the poo poo out of him.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
This aint so bad

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Spacedad posted:

I had no idea this movie existed. According to the wiki, Geisel/Seuss didn't care to include it in his biography.

Definitely a film way ahead of its time, judging from the weirdness and imagination on parade.

Yeah, Seuss hated how the production turned out and disavowed it. See it anyway if you ever get the chance, it's fantastic surrealism and Hans Conreid chews every piece of scenery he can find.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

lonesomedwarf posted:

p sure youre being facetious but i drew this special for you because i enjoy intereacting with other humans

youll probably be disappointed because anticipation is usually better than the recieving but i hope you enjoy it!~!!!!!

Thank you for this.

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Because that is most definitely my poo poo.

I came in here just to post this.

Kids swearing, calling each other "human being," alluding to teenage sex, Holocaust references; PG-13 though, but that didn't stop my little brother and me from renting the poo poo out of it until the tape wore out.

80s, man.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Nah, the first Home Alone was in 1990, so OP is wrong.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Home Alone is pretty hosed up
I like to think that the Collector is Kevin grown up with serious PTSD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014
Babe is also quality, that polite little pig got poo poo done.

Xmas Future posted:

Good Burger

Eat it, OP

• Locked thread