Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Neurosis posted:

i feel like watership down and poo poo like bambi had more soul because they had some serious underlying themes while shaving off the really horrible edges of real life

c.f. stuff post lion king where it's all slick commercial poo poo designed to bring in parents and kids

Bambi was some serious hosed up poo poo for a 5 year old. Mom killing?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fantasia was for kids.

Think about that, 90's kid.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hobohemian posted:

Seriously. It was like built from the ground up in in order to make children cry. I bet the director would go watch it incognito just to see all the kids balling their eyes out.

I'm still scarred. I can see that column of smoke coming up from the hunter's camp and I know she's gone. GONE!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hobohemian posted:

I had an existential crisis after seeing it. What kind of a loving children's movie makes a kid ask their mother if they are going to die? That is hosed up.

Same. I never recovered.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hobohemian posted:

I had an existential crisis after seeing it. What kind of a loving children's movie makes a kid ask their mother if they are going to die? That is hosed up.

Seriously. It went exactly like this:

Bambi's mother died.
My mother could die.
My father could die.
I could die.
Everyone is going to die.

And whammo! A 5 year old conceives of death and is haunted for life by it.

• Locked thread