Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

is there some kind of physical copy / collector's edition?

i won't play this game unless i can have some sort of blizzard-branded plastic item to repeatedly thrust into my rear end in a top hat whilst installing

yeah it went on sale yesterday

anyway i did the digital preorder a while ago OP because i was going to play with my friends in warlords but i dont know if that will happen now so i'm kind of regretting my purchase. it will probably be a decent expansion but the stuff about yet another legendary questline really rubs me the wrong way because its such a terrible idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

The special edition costs 90 bucks, forget it. And the subscriber base is sinking.

its "sinking" to still like 5x as much as the next most popular mmo

wow is fine and will get another bump with warlords but yeah the boxed edition costing $90 is uncool

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

the normal boxed edition costs 50, which is more than the previous ones did iirc

it kinda sucks but i'm pretty sure the old collectors editions were 70 base. they were generally worth it, too, as they came with cool stuff IMO.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

thuly posted:

They said they were working on the expansion after warlords before they even announced warlords

i dont see whats so crazy about this. people generally complain that the expansions last too long so now they will be shorter.

honestly taint reaper is just bellyaching about a wow. i didnt really enjoy mists at all but its still a cool game and a lot of people still enjoy it and it would have to lose an insane number of people to not be profitable as hell. for reference, ff11, a game which i dont think ever broke 400k subs, is the most profitable ff game to date

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

People complained about expansions being too long? Lol oh no I'm getting too much lovely game for my money!!

well the complaint is that each expansion is basically broken up into 3 or 4 major patches (and 3 tiers of raid content)

so the complaint with mists of pandaria was that the initial raid tier and the second one lasted about 5 months each, the last one will have lasted for about a year by the time warlords comes out

i dont raid anymore so it doesnt bother me either way but thats what the complaint is

• Locked thread