Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
antidota

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008

stoutfish posted:

someone needs to organize a 300 heroes play session.

I still play it like once a week with some friends, usually at 300~ ping which isn't actually that bad.

https://300.zqgame.com to sign up and holy poo poo this site looks awful now.

The entry boxes in the middle are for signing up, it's

Username (which is case-sensitive for whatever reason)
Password
Confirm password
Name
ID card # (you can just go to google and search images for Chinese ID cards)
Captcha thing

Then the thing at the top that says 游戏下载 is the download link, when the game starts up click the button in the bottom left for the server list and click through all the server until you see a server represented by some anime wizard girl with purple eyes that says 风林火山, log in and choose a screen name and then get ready for the best dota experience of your life.

Default game mode is 7v7, no one ever knows what they're doing and every hero is overpowered/sucks.

Crown Face fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 15, 2014

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
if I can somehow get illidan stormrage without paying money i'll probably give it a go

brightwing is an insult to faerie dragons tho

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
demigod

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Silver Alicorn posted:

if I can somehow get illidan stormrage without paying money i'll probably give it a go

brightwing is an insult to faerie dragons tho

you can get illidan in dota he is just called terrorblade

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
rook is my favorite character from a game i've never played

surc
Aug 17, 2004

No thank you, OP.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i used to hate moba games until i played one

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

same

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

as someone whos in the heroes of the storm alpha i can assure you it is bad and boring also the heroes are like 20 feet tall and everything else is regular sized it is stupid

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I guess that follows because hero characters in WoW were always way taller than player characters

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

trap sprung

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i used to hate moba games until i played one

So do you *really* hate them now or did you discover you like the taste of fresh poo poo?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
realm of the titans was the only good moba

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

surc posted:

So do you *really* hate them now or did you discover you like the taste of fresh poo poo?

both

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
man loves taste of steaming hot deuces dropped on his tongue, still manages to hate dota2

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i need acute pain and suffering to complement the anomie and banality of my white millennial lifestyle

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

Comrayn posted:

Super Monday Night Combat was the best one rip

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

disclaimer: dont do this

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i liked MNC and hated SMNC

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i liked MNC and hated SMNC

smnc was a solid base for a game and its biggest mistake was having the MNC name attributed to it at all tbh

that and it was handled by the worst moba developers on the planet (aside from hirez that is)

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

DLTN posted:

disclaimer: dont do this

says the dude who has played more smite than anyone else and is jaded, probably hasn't played in months amirite?

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

Kazvall posted:

says the dude who has played more smite than anyone else and is jaded, probably hasn't played in months amirite?

yes and yes, actually

don't play smite, friends

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

DLTN posted:

yes and yes, actually

don't play smite, friends

or only play with goons

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

I choose death, OP.

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

Kazvall posted:

or only play with goons

playing with goons sounds like the most miserable idea on the loving planet but playing with imps would probably be much better

though tbh even that might be a stretch seeing as casual matchmaking is laughably bad

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

DLTN posted:

playing with goons sounds like the most miserable idea on the loving planet but playing with imps would probably be much better

though tbh even that might be a stretch seeing as casual matchmaking is laughably bad

It wouldn't be, imps just do stupid poo poo like refuse to hand over the dire maul key and ruj away and make you chase them all over dire maul.

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

realtalk though as much as i poo poo talk smite and loving hate it with an actual passion i'm likely going to start playing it again once i get a new mouse

i have a problem

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
OP IMO you should play neither, but if you're gonna play one play the one that doesn't expect you to pay for gameplay features, Dota.

Falsum fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Aug 17, 2014

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

LoL is the most popular game and therefore the best. Millions of people can't be wrong!

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
awesomenauts combines the best parts of a moba, the flair of contemporary pop culture and the spectacular gameplay structure of 30 year old sidescrollers, give it a go

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

Yikes! No thanks, I'm white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

quakster posted:

awesomenauts combines the best parts of a moba, the flair of contemporary pop culture and the spectacular gameplay structure of 30 year old sidescrollers, give it a go

This is true but SMNC was still the best until they hosed up literally every out of game decision they could.

• Locked thread