Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Obscil posted:

FL: Inquisition and SL: Beurocracy. This will probably be pretty useful for our trial.

But you have them already? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I have been one of the main proponents of maglev talents, and now is not the tiem buy them. The XP dump after the trial? That is when we pick out transcedance and can fall out of orbit and survive (we're half machine already, theres got to be a way to do this)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Xun posted:

Its not worthwhile! Oh my god we can float for 2d10 minutes, that is NOT forever. With the same xp we could be getting stat or skill upgrades that we actually use. When will we need to float over a puddle when we can just as easily step on some pleb.
2d10 plus our toughness bonus. :colbert:

Also need I remind you that we already bought Maglev Grace, which only allows you to move at walking speed and you still take damage when falling, albeit reduced? Those XP points are gone. Might as well make them worthwhile by investing in Maglev Transcendence, the no-fall-damage, move at run speed, lasts longer version of the skill.

nothing to seehere posted:

I have been one of the main proponents of maglev talents, and now is not the tiem buy them. The XP dump after the trial? That is when we pick out transcedance and can fall out of orbit and survive (we're half machine already, theres got to be a way to do this)
Oh, what, get it now? No, I was just defending it out of principle.

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Double down on bad skills, an interesting proposition
I'd argue it's more like paying double price to turn a bad skill into a good skill

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 27, 2015

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

JT Jag posted:

2d10 plus our toughness bonus. :colbert:

Also need I remind you that we already bought Maglev Grace, which only allows you to move at walking speed and you still take damage when falling, albeit reduced? Those XP points are gone. Might as well make them worthwhile by investing in Maglev Transcendence, the no-fall-damage, move at run speed, lasts longer version of the skill.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

LowellDND posted:

But you have them already? :confused:

Oops. I thought Waci was recommending to buy those skills.

I guess I'll just vote for Decieve +10.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
We have them already? Then DECEIVE + 20!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
More on what the different lore skills cover, since some of the names might not be immediately obvious:
Scholastic Lore: Archaic covers history back to the formation of the Imperium, about ten thousand years from the present, as well as the currently approved version of the events of the Great Crusade. Forbidden Lore: Horus Heresy is its own skill, and covers what actually happened during and immediately after the Great Crusade. Scholastic Lore: Legends covers non-censored but obscure knowledge of history before that, including basically all existing knowledge of the Age of Strife and Dark Age of Technology beyond "yep, those sure are old-timey things". Much of what we're interested in is also covered by Forbidden Lore: Archeotech. Local history on a non-absurd scale is covered either by a location-specific common or scholastic lore skill, or more vaguely by Common Lore: Imperium, or by a lore skill applicable to a specific group or institution.

JT Jag posted:

I'd argue it's more like paying double price to turn a bad skill into a good skill

I don't really care whether we spend 200 xp on Maglev Transcendence or not, floating around could be thematically cool enough to be worth it since Lowell's a better writer than most GMs, but saying it's a good talent is like saying poop is pretty and valuable because Michelangelo could sculpt something tolerable out of it if he really had to.

Waci fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 27, 2015

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Maglev grace was the bad skill we needed for a good skill. Since we have already bought the bad skill, we should make good on the investment and buy the good one.

Remember, we arn't saying buy it now, but at whatever the next XP dump is, probably after the trial.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Swan Lake

Around you, chaos. The swarm of Devries’ allies had rushed the Inquisitor to argue, present cases, point out precedent and why it shouldn’t work like that, and all through it, the harsh and cutting laughter of the Seneschal. She always appreciate when people were less smart than they thought they were, and this was the best example she’d seen in years.

Quietly, Fabiyan walked over to you. Your new husband, even though you’d only spoken to him on a few occasions. The lines on his face seemed - softer? The Krieg emotionless shell a bit thinner. He reached out to you, took your hands. In the corner of your eye, you could see Skade watching the both of you, all but squee’ing in her seat. You briefly wondered how long she had been planning this.

His voice was a quiet murmur. “I don’t really get along with people. I’ve spent most of my life with Krieg, and they have a certain approach to things. At most, I like to watch, and listen. I find the psychology training they give us more useful if I remain distant.
“But I like you Ohone. You are fiery when I am not, and focused in a way I’ve never seen. I want us to spend our lives together. Call it a political alliance if you like, but I do like you.”

He paused, searching for words. “When I was younger, I lead a unit of Kriegs on a rescue operation. A detachment of Space Marines had been cut off, isolated. They needed support. It took months, and I lost double my unit or more, as troops kept getting added. When we arrived, there was only a handful of Space Marines left. Broken armor, no ammo, using blade weapons against things that had no name.

“They thanked me, and offered me a relic of their Chapter.” He placed a ring in your hand, old and well worn. “I want you to have it.”

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Withdraw the pair of detonation collars we have prepared as our own offering.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

JT Jag posted:

Withdraw the pair of detonation collars we have prepared as our own offering.

Bwhahha I forgot about that :3:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
AHAHAHAHAHA, oh my God, I just checked the character sheet. That ring... :allears:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

my dad posted:

AHAHAHAHAHA, oh my God, I just checked the character sheet. That ring... :allears:

He liiiiiikes you :3:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

LowellDND posted:

Bwhahha I forgot about that :3:
As a techpriest its legitimately the most emotional thing that I think Ohone could come up with

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Hahaha, just saw it.

For those who don't know what the words mean, we have a high-power anti-tank weapon hidden inside our wedding ring.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

JT Jag posted:

As a techpriest its legitimately the most emotional thing that I think Ohone could come up with

Does he control the trigger, or do you? Or does it activate when you die?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

LowellDND posted:

I thought it was a suicide pact thing.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

LowellDND posted:

My idea is that

1. You control one another's triggers by code
2. The triggers only activate when the two of you are relatively close to eachother, say a mile or so
3. The detonation mechanism is a claymore-style miniature bomb at the back of the neck. If it is not receiving the signal, not only does the bomb deactivate, but it flips around. If someone tampers with it, it will explode outwards
4. Falls off upon the death of the other

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 27, 2015

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
"Your own ring will have to wait until I return from the Conclave. But know this: Now and forever, I give you something I never truly gave to anyone else - my unconditional trust"

e: Someone can probably rephrase this to sound better, but you get the point

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
When we grow up and become a real inquisitor we can give him a ring with a mini-rosette in it!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Waci posted:

When we grow up and become a real inquisitor we can give him a ring with a mini-rosette in it!

:3:

Ill go ahead and add Deceive+10 to the character sheet, that seemed to have consensus.

Next post, I figure you'll go to the Conclave, and Ill occasionally do SoLs of what your minions are up to meanwhile.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

In the grim darkness of the future, there is only :roboluv:

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Guys, I know you're all against Maglev Transcendence because it seems gimmicky and dumb and poo poo.

However, I would like to point out that it would allow us to re-enact "A Whole New World" with Fabiyan in the outer reaches of Between.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Tomn posted:

Guys, I know you're all against Maglev Transcendence because it seems gimmicky and dumb and poo poo.

However, I would like to point out that it would allow us to re-enact "A Whole New World" with Fabiyan in the outer reaches of Between.
Or that scene in Superman

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

JT Jag posted:

Or that scene in Superman

Servoskulls floating around you, singing binary hymns...

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
A sanctified relic of a space marine chapter as a wedding ring?

:3: Fabhone forever

Edit:

you could see Skade watching the both of you, all but squee’ing in her seat. You briefly wondered how long she had been planning this. 

Skane = thread

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 27, 2015

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Hahahahaha, that wedding ring.

Well, that takes care of our next XP allocation. We absolutely have to pick up whichever weapon proficiency lets us use the ring. Melta? Or Exotic? Maybe the stupid Maglev tax if we still want it, but we'll have plenty of options to go along with it.

Also, I vote no on this death-collar business. It's funny, but kinda vulnerable to hacking...

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Too much :3:! Poor Amacita, though.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Yeah, no death collars that's dumb. Yes to trust though.

Also poor Amacita :smith:. Dervries has hurt our sweet innocent cousin(?). Now he truly cannot be redeemed.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Tomn posted:

Somehow, I knew that if someone were to convince me it would be you.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Just hold his hand and grip it tightly, then in his ear whisper our true machine name to him and the accept the standing order to be a dutiful wife, then tell him to pretend we are smiling and laugh because what more could a kreig want in a marriage than duty.

We should also seek to employ a Jokaero when we visit the Conclave. Mass of inquisition agents that big should have a few laying around.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 28, 2015

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

No to collars that's extra dumb and also a huge liability around our necks.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Xun posted:

No to collars that's extra dumb and also a huge liability around our necks.

Booooo!

Take Flours. This one has survived long enough, and if something should happen it would be fitting to steal one from the inquisition.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

No levitation, save xp for The Flesh Is Weak

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Also we have to now raid the Magos' vaults again for a ring to give Fabian.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Xun posted:

Its not worthwhile! Oh my god we can float for 2d10 minutes, that is NOT forever. With the same xp we could be getting stat or skill upgrades that we actually use. When will we need to float over a puddle when we can just as easily step on some pleb.

This.

Instead of pushing for levitation talents, we should be getting the pilot: Jump pack skill.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Maybe we can forge that crazy machine spirit into a super computing ring.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Seriously, :roboluv: is the most appropriate emote.

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
No to collar

No. No. How can anyone think this is in any way a good idea? No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I could see giving him the bomb collars as a nice gesture, but for the love of the omnisiaah don't put it on him :psyboom: