Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Tran posted:

B: Respectfully ask who he is and what he wants of us. If he identifies as one of Kozilek's people, ask him for a rundown of the situation so far. I suspect this guy is here to coach Ohone on trial etiquette and provide basic information on the people we'll be testifying before.

Edit: To pre-empt the obvious, don't steal, vandalize, hack, or otherwise misbehave here. At all. Not even a little.

+1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
switching to plan tran

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Ask him why he don't got no shins.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

A
B (tran) x x x
B (shins) x
C
D
E

No one has any ambition :colbert:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
We have ambition, we just have a self preservation instinct too.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
E. Destroy Guidipede, Mark IV to create a bunch of tiny snooper-rat-bots to go around and check things out for us.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
B. I suppose you've been assigned to handle me? I am Interrogator Ohone, how do you do?

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
Be polite, make small talk to find out who is he and such.

Brownview
Oct 15, 2012

Nothing in this world can take the place of a power rack

Tran posted:

B: Respectfully ask who he is and what he wants of us. If he identifies as one of Kozilek's people, ask him for a rundown of the situation so far. I suspect this guy is here to coach Ohone on trial etiquette and provide basic information on the people we'll be testifying before.

Edit: To pre-empt the obvious, don't steal, vandalize, hack, or otherwise misbehave here. At all. Not even a little.

I vote for this.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Plan Tran.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Tran plan

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Tran Tran

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
b and plus one to the straight and narrow for now. We don't know K's plan and do not want to screw it up.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Tran posted:

Maybe familiarize ourselves with any machine spirits we might find in our room. But that's all.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Plan tran.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Grab one of our servo skulls and attach some little legs to it so it becomes a spiderskull. Send it put to look around for us.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

LowellDND posted:

What other implants could you possibly want? :v:

I browsed past something interesting in the lathe worlds book.

Psybernetics.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Tran for now, I'm curious about a lot of stuff but I don't got an angle to work with until we get the basics of who this guy is and what he might know and whether he might shoot us for asking certain questions.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Tran posted:

Hear hear. Do this.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Jus caught up on things here. Have a question about the Lord Sire's funeral. I remember when he killed the cousin the mercenary captain that he'd said that every molecule of him would be spaced and he'd never be on the ship or help the family. It was very serious and presented as a grave sentence...

So why was the lord sire launched into a star? It seems counter to what he would have wanted and similar to the punishment he gave out. I thought he'd be used in the ship to keep helping the family as it was always presented as important to him. Even if being dumped into recyclers or whatever isn't as awesome a funeral scene to write

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Morand posted:

Jus caught up on things here. Have a question about the Lord Sire's funeral. I remember when he killed the cousin the mercenary captain that he'd said that every molecule of him would be spaced and he'd never be on the ship or help the family. It was very serious and presented as a grave sentence...

So why was the lord sire launched into a star? It seems counter to what he would have wanted and similar to the punishment he gave out. I thought he'd be used in the ship to keep helping the family as it was always presented as important to him. Even if being dumped into recyclers or whatever isn't as awesome a funeral scene to write

It's to get rid of the fake body that was cloned to fake his death, so that the Inquisition can't prove any foul play. :ssh:

Sour Blossom
Apr 21, 2005
L O L 6 6
Something about this whole setup is making me anxious and I can't figure out why.

Plan Tran seems very practical, particularly the warning about not doing anything criminal. They're the sorts to tear out our bionics unsedated and awake before starting the real tortures around here.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Sour Blossom posted:

Something about this whole setup is making me anxious and I can't figure out why.

Plan Tran seems very practical, particularly the warning about not doing anything criminal. They're the sorts to tear out our bionics unsedated and awake before starting the real tortures around here.

If the Lord-Sire was right this guy is more interested in the Staff than actually incriminating us. This is why the Lord-Sire is running some sort of trap to keep the Inquisition from getting control of the ship. S admits he has no understanding of the Beast. S also has a powerful foe about which he can find out absolutely nothing. We are a stalking horse for that foe as well. I don't think K would have arranged this. Too obvious a move for him, though it's possible he did it in some cloaked way. Doesn't match his MO though. He would not be overly concerned about our comfort, only about causing the downfall of the Heretic.

Sister Suffer broadcasts her emotions and her glee is the most troubling thing at the moment.

We have insufficient information about the lay of the land and motives.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
The worst part of having powered through this story in a week or so is having to wait for the next update like some Dreg waiting in a line for a soylent green smoothie. But on the other hand, I do kinda remember what our current goals are. We got to 1) show our non-involvement in Limosia's death, we gotta 2) discredit Inquisitor S, and 3) show that our actions have been in keeping with the best traditions of fighting the Enemy. So we need some time to compile/analyze/fabricate some evidence, and find out who our judges and jurors are going to be so we can tailor our arguments towards them. Since I guess we can't crack this guy's head open and download the info directly from his brain in an efficient manner, I guess we gotta B talk with him to get that intel. Who's running the show, who's here to participate in this little inquiry, that sort of thing. Oh yeah, and I guess our trump card is that the inquisition has been working for ages to place one of their assets in command of the Beast and they shouldn't let the mysterious murder of some Eldar-phile derail that plot.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
We need to use the library to pin down what Amacita's artifact is (probably some necrontyr anti-psyker bullshit). I think having evidence of that being in Devries's hands via Amacita might be useful to have on hand.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Inquisitor S does not want us. He wants?Revenge? For the loss of his interrogator and he wants the staff (he's radical as gently caress).

He only wants Ohone as a proxy for getting the staff now that Limosa is dead.
We tell him quite up front that the possible presence of heretical artifacts on board our ship disturbs us. And that if we could get some help getting back to our ship and removing impediments to doing that we would of course make finding abs turning the staff over to the inquisition our first order of priority.

Lies. That's our staff and if he sets foot on our ship again we'll give him the lordsire burial treatment.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Outrail posted:

Lies. That's our staff and if he sets foot on our ship again we'll give him the lordsire burial treatment.

Man, that's a scene right out of a horror movie. Lock someone in an airtight coffin with just a very little life support and shoot him out a torpedo tube to spend days drifting through the Void, orbiting in closer and closer and closer in towards the sun, wondering whether you'll starve, dehydrate, asphyxiate or burn over the course of days and knowing that there is nothing and nobody who will pick you up to stop you on your fatal death spiral.

And as a final touch, add a small, tiny, radiation-proof sliver of a window - not quite enough to tell what's going on outside, but just enough to guess, to dread...and maybe, most cruel of all, to hope.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

No, don't bring up the staff to the inquisitors. They don't know that we know they're looking for it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
It's come up after they're done scaring us into submission.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Convergence

You glanced down at the angry little man. Perhaps an abhuman? He didn’t have the stockiness of a high gravity world, and you knew there were many Radicals here. Although, if he was from Kozilek, he wouldn’t have been an abhuman. Perhaps a minion of Siadwell? Best to be cautious. And polite. “My apologies. I am Ohone, what can I do for you?”

“I’m the Dwarf.”
“I’m sorry?”
He grunted at you. “You have metal ears, you heard me. I’m the Dwarf.”
“Why are you the Dwarf?”
“Lost half my legs fighting xeno.”
“... half your legs?”
“The middle half. Stop asking stupid questions.”

You bit your lip. If he outranked you, this kind of behavior was acceptable, if he did not, he would need to be chastised. Which was it?

“Who do you work for?”
He held out an electoo imprint. “The big =][=, just like you.”
“No, I mean - what Inquisitor?”
“I don’t.”
“What?”
He gestured angrily. “Listen. This whole current Inquisition - a bunch of power-mad maniacs with too many secrets and not enough communication - isn’t what Malcador intended. It used to be more coherant, like any of the other organizations he built. But the Inquisitors got used to keeping secrets, started keeping them from each other, and now it’s just a club of paranoids.”
“So where do you fit in?”
“I work for the Inquisition. Not an Inquisitor.”
“Are there a lot of you?”
“Not as many as there used to be.”
“What do you do?”
“The Inquisition - that is to say, the parts that aren’t the Inquisitors, their retinues, their spies - does the support work for a lot of =][= operations. We prepare the rooms, make sure the ships are fueled, and so on. A lot of Inquisitors don’t like to use us (because they are a bunch of paranoid maniacs) but we still exist. The bureaucracy decided to offer me to help you out and get your bearings. Our cogitators think you are interesting.”

What do you say?

A. Interesting? How so?
B. Can you tell me about my trial?
C. What are the factions here? Who is important?
D. The other Inquisitors are right, we don’t need you.
E. Something Else

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
A

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

LowellDND posted:

A. Interesting? How so?
B. Can you tell me about my trial?
C. What are the factions here? Who is important?

Ask ALL the questions!
Unless we already know the answer to C from Forbidden Lore: Inquisition

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
A

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
A
Is it because we kilt fiddy xenos?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
A.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Is the Dwarf space Joe Pesci?

also A

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Cogitators

You needed more information on what they thought of you.
“Interesting? How so?”
“You are on the edge of the bell curve. Your whole Family is. Half the ranks and titles you’ve gotten, you’ve done in months, where other people take decades. You get told to find a cult, and you kill a daemon who had a sector wide plot. You get told to make money, and you save a Crusade.”
“Are you saying I’m better than the average?”
“You are odd. Statistically improbable. Why was your Family allowed to keep a Space Hulk? They are usually destroyed. How did your Lord-Sire manage a career of Cadians, Savlars, and go from Dreg to Rogue-Trader? Do you know the probability of that rate of ascension?”
“Presumably low.”
He almost yelled. “It’s almost literally impossible! We’ve see planetary collisions that were more likely.”
“So you are interested in my Family.”
“I won’t say you are the highest priority, but you are a group of interest, sure.”
You took a shot in the dark. “Is that why Siadwell took the files?”
His eyes snapped to you. “See? Things like that. You were in a cell for three months, but you know something he’s trying to keep on the quiet, even from the Conclave.”
“Why do you know it then?”
“Its my job to know. I think Siadwell is going to find you are like riding a tiger.”
“What’s a tiger?”
He waved it off. “Large bird from Tau-Ceti. They are ornery. What else do you want to know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
B, can you tell me about my trial?