Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Sogol posted:

Actually the Darkness is another AI that has cloaked itself within the Beast and remains hidden. End game is the war between the Beast and Athena. Pick a side now.

All engines full burn for ramming maneuver.

Witness the birth of the dread hulk Atheast.

Voting plan Tran, but also indicate to individual inquisitors that we would be willing to hand over the Staff if we could find it.
Haha no loving way.

On the other hand, if we are found guilty DeVeris becomes Lord-Sire. And well, it's already apparent that he has trouble resisting the lure of artifact corruption [proof], whereas we can easily resist such things.

We don't need to prove our innocence. We need to prove to our judges that it's in their best interests that we be found not guilty.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

everyone on the beast is a secret inquisitor

and also a clone

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

paragon1 posted:

and also a clone

And a psyker mutant member of secret society

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Since we're proposing courses of action I'd like us to sound out the Ocularians

Radicals that disagree with Siadwell and his way of doing things will be just as good for us as Puritans in this case.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

LowellDND posted:

If you rolled "not a mutant", it just means you don't know what kind of mutant you are. Same with society, you're just so deep cover even you don't know your mission.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

LowellDND posted:

Remember that Friend God-Emperor is watching you!

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

LowellDND posted:

That one was actually true for Limosa though. :colbert:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Tran posted:

That one was actually true for Limosa though. :colbert:

Good thing Devries hooked up for more clones :v:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
We need to meet up with the Recongregationist guy one way or another.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
who inquisites the inquisitors

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
A slightly larger group of inquisitors.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

who inquisites the inquisitors
Tomn.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

LowellDND posted:

Good thing Devries hooked up for more clones :v:

Is Devries Indigo or Purple clearance?

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

a fate worse than psyk-interrogation

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Is Devries Indigo or Purple clearance?

He's family now, so totally violet.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Lets hang out with Lynwood Recongregists are nice

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Quis Tominet ipsos Tomines

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

paragon1 posted:

Since we're proposing courses of action I'd like us to sound out the Ocularians

Radicals that disagree with Siadwell and his way of doing things will be just as good for us as Puritans in this case.

Ocularians are big dumb dumbs who sit around looking at a bunch of horoscopes. What we want is something more proactive, something that fits out needs.

Let me tell you the good word about the Phaenonites!

Originally an offshoot of the Xanthites, the Phaenonites believe in a mastery of the warp and the fate of mankind through technology. Why limit ourselves to what we can and can't use or research when all those warnings about research and the dangers of advancing technology are just mere superstition?

The Phaenonites believe that the future of Mankind lies with man and immortal machine, joined together to rule the cosmos. Why bother with just using Xenos, Chaos/Daemon or ancient Human technology when you can join them all and bind them to your will?

Besides, we're already half way there. We're a Tech Priest of Mars but we can understand the importance of AI and we carry an Eldar Shuriken pistol because technology is just a tool.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Kegslayer posted:

Ocularians are big dumb dumbs who sit around looking at a bunch of horoscopes. What we want is something more proactive, something that fits out needs.

Originally an offshoot of the Xanthites, the Phaenonites believe in a mastery of the warp and the fate of mankind through technology. Why limit ourselves to what we can and can't use or research when all those warnings about research and the dangers of advancing technology are just mere superstition?

The Phaenonites believe that the future of Mankind lies with man and immortal machine, joined together to rule the cosmos. Why bother with just using Xenos, Chaos/Daemon or ancient Human technology when you can join them all and bind them to your will?

Besides, we're already half way there. We're a Tech Priest of Mars but we can understand the importance of AI and we carry an Eldar Shuriken pistol because technology is just a tool.

and they are DEFINITELY not at the conclave.

Anywhere.

No phaeononites.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
...Out of curiosity, since we're supposed to have a tribunal by =][=...

Why not get The Dwarf on the tribunal? He seems to be amused by us, and that should count for something. Further, if we're interested in helping him for helping us, this is a good way to say, "The Inquisition is what matters, and the Inquisitors are cracking at the seams."

Also, it seems like a thing that Mrs. Ohone Konichev would do, being the snarky one and all.

Feels weird to be married.

~

Hi guys! Long time no see. And @MyDad, I was interested to see that you found my essay a few days ago! Out of curiosity, how did you come across it?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Kegslayer posted:

They have also openly declared that they want to overthrow the Emperor and replace Him with themselves.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

LowellDND posted:

Anywhere.

No phaeononites.
There are a lot of Radical factions, some semi-acceptable and some that are so radical that public membership in one is almost tantamount to heresy.

Secret membership on the other hand...

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

They have also openly declared that they want to overthrow the Emperor and replace Him with themselves.

They are hella illegal, along with Horusians and Oblationists.

They won't wear name tags. Even the Recongregators are low cover.

edit: Low post count this weekend while I work on the metaplot. Now that I know the NPCs/factions, I need to figure out what they are going to do.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Yeah, until we've solidified our power base, we really shouldn't be dabbling in radicalism any more than necessary. Playing nice with the Puritans now will allow us to dip our toes in Radicalism at our leisure.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current vote has Plan Tran in the lead, although Ill keep it open while I plan the Arc details.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Remember the factions aren't political parties, we don't pick one and fill a form to join them, they're just rough categorizations of what our usual approach to more controversial issues is like. We can, and should, work together with as many people as we can, and can express sympathies for people's ideals without publicly signing up for their newsletter.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Waci posted:

Remember the factions aren't political parties, we don't pick one and fill a form to join them, they're just rough categorizations of what our usual approach to more controversial issues is like. We can, and should, work together with as many people as we can, and can express sympathies for people's ideals without publicly signing up for their newsletter.
The Ordo is your job and factions are a few inquisitors, often but not always from the same Ordo, who agree to a similar way to do things. It's rather informal but knowing what faction someone is a part of tells you a lot about what an Inquisitor is like, how they might operate and what their ideals are.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

mepstein73 posted:

And @MyDad, I was interested to see that you found my essay a few days ago! Out of curiosity, how did you come across it?

I was fruitlessly trying to find what's wrong with my Kalman filter code, and decided that I needed a short break, which included me checking up on this thread. However, I tried googling the thread directly instead of looking for it in my forums bookmarks, and somehow ended up getting your essay as the first result.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

plan Tran

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

But they want to overthrow Chaos and the Imperium as well. So what if they're declared traitors and are hunted and killed on sight by the Inquisition and the Mechanicum?

Sure these guys are insane, evil and hated by other radicals but we just need to keep our membership really, really secret.

Besides those guys just don't understand us. Sometimes you need to sacrifice a world or two to ensure that your daemon bound xenos death ray works at full capacity. Humanity will thank us for it in the future when we bind every soul to the machine and rule the galaxy with order and a metal fist. They'll probably even dedicate a statue or two to us.

Really, it's for the greater good. The Greater Good.

These guys put the rad in radical. Don't you want to join all the really, really cool kids in their super exclusive club?

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
I was with you until The Greater Good., goddamn alien lover.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Xeno over chaos any day, heretic. Don't make me get my debating knife.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Tran plan

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Waci posted:

Pretty much this. The Puritans are pretty much the only guys who will wear their philosophy on their sleeves. Radicalism, no matter how well intentioned will get you a bad reputation at best and outright hunted down at worst. I think its one of those things where you either get willingly recruited into or had no idea you were involved in until people started hunting you down for heresy.

Out of all the radicalist factions, the Xanthites are probably the most open and justifiable since a lot of the things they do are an extension of existing Imperial policy. The Imperium already relies heavily on psykers(witches), Navigators (mutant/witches) and Machine Spirits and servitors (AI and robots) so exempting more useful people or ideas from purging is a logical step.

The best way forward for us is to really just hold your beliefs close to yourself and try not to upset anyone.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

LowellDND posted:

Anywhere.

No phaeononites.

So what your saying is that K is a Phaeononite, right?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Or a Horusian. Or an oblationist.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

VanSandman posted:

Plan Tran. We need to work on turning this around against Siadwell. On the other hand, if Kozilek doesn't get in contact soon, he's pretty clearly abandoned us and we should ignore him.
Don't forget that we already have orders from Kozilek, so he is monitoring things, but from his personal reputation I think it's safe to assume that he will not make any public appearances.

LowellDND posted:

One day, the platter was slightly different. Indentations on the platter, in binary, held a message for you.
01. Orders: Going to Inquisitor Conclave. Prove innocence there. Prove Siadwell is heretic. -K

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Okay, so I have a court plan. Loosely inspired by Papal Conclaves.

Supreme Judge: Aestaban Gant
Secondary:
Tetriary:

Candidates:
Puritans
Gustava Maineri (Amalthanism)
Anatolli Maruseva (Monodominant)
Edourd (Thorian)
Radicals
Lothar Orlosky (Xeno Hybris)
Jazmine Mammano (Istvaan)
Lynwood (Recongregationist)

Three Judge Tribunal (Troika)
Claimant vs Claimant

Prosecutor: Siadwell
Defendant: You

13 Available Votes. Six are needed to be a Judge

Amalthanism (vote unknown)
Lien Ibdah
Gaius Caligula

Monodominant (vote unknown)
Janelle Calex
Kati Costanzi

Thorian (vote unknown)
France Demetris
Tiberius Davide

Ocularian (vote unknown)
Deiad Herrion
Patience Modrak

Xeno hybris (vote unknown)
Czevak Morn
Pamelia Lueker

Xanthite (will choose whoever Siadwell wants)
Adonai McLatchy
Libius Severus Abajian

Recongregationist (Lynwood)
Lynwood

Loel fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Mar 1, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

We probably want Puritans on the bench, they don't like Siadwell and any Radical things we've done pale compare to him (as far as they know).

But we want to quietly reach out to everyone, feel them out, see where they are regarding this. Also, before we go to Lynwood acting too interested, we should quietly inquire as to whether that's a honeypot for people interested in doing things the 'wrong way' and not a proper way to get into the Recongregationists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Okay so I think the best thing to do from here regarding the trial is to first pick which two judges we want (might need to learn more about them first), and then start trying to sway the vote the way we want.

I think the best strategy will be to make sure one of the judges will be a Puritan who will favor us, and then try to get a Radical judge who is also likely to favor us (or at least isn't inclined to disfavor us). I'd like to get two Puritans who want to burn Siadwell on the spot, but we are pretty unlikely to get it. Now that isn't to say we shouldn't push for that as hard as we can, just that one Puritan and one Radical who likes/doesn't hate us is what we bare minimum want.

We should also learn everything we can about the Supreme Judge, obviously. Every moment we don't spend politiking I'd like Ohone to spend learning everything from the Database that she can, like a good little Tech-Priest.