Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

gently caress it, someone's gotta...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E-MtJBAZvw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

jng2058 posted:

found you

Loel fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 14, 2014

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Well THAT'S encouraging. I'm sure nothing bad will come of this. Jump on the E bandwagon, my brethren! :aaaaa:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
poo poo, it found us! :gonk: KEEP RUNNING!

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
Voting a B cuz we should deffo dip. Throw Za'k toward the front door and make an exit similar to our entrance.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

my dad posted:

A fun explanation for the situation at hand would be a halo device. :v:

Fortunately, it's a highly unlikely one.

Do you mean an Iron Halo, or something else?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Volmarias posted:

Do you mean an Iron Halo, or something else?

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Halo_Devices

The initial symptoms do fit (mass murders, eating blood and flesh, inhuman strength) but that could be anything really. :)

Loel fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 28, 2014

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

The score remains intriguingly close, and these aren't options I can really combine :D

A x x x x
B x x x x
C x x
D
E x

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
[S/]C[/s] Vote Change

I confess I don't fully understand the implications of "E=static", e.g. What would that be doing to Megabyte, what it means for us, etc.

Some people read the Penal Colony as a commentary by Kafka on the process of writing. For myself, I prefer to remain confused about it.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Sep 28, 2014

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A http://youtu.be/h-9UvrLyj3k CLEANSE THE PSYKER

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Obscil posted:

A, also call some greycloaks to where you are as back up.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Can we combine A and E in some way?

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Obscil posted:

A, also call some greycloaks to where you are as back up.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Waci posted:

Can we combine A and E in some way?

Not easily, E would take a lot of your attention. You could have Za'keriah distract while Megabite follows an order of yours, but you won't personally be able to throw grenades.

Assuming you hold with the AE option, we are at

A x x x x x x x x
B x x x x
C x x x
D
E x x

Loel fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 28, 2014

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
A real DM can combine any CYOA multichoice draws (gently caress you!).

With that in mind, we should rig Megabite with a bunch of suicide explosives.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outrail posted:

A real DM can combine any CYOA multichoice draws (gently caress you!).

Aha, now I don't have to! A is well in the lead!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Dammit, there goes my cunning plan to provoke something terrible.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outrail posted:

Dammit, there goes my cunning plan to provoke something terrible.

All you need to do is persuade 3 people to leave A for E. :D

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I rarely vote, more content to just read. And this CYOA is written wonderfully. Thanks for the entertainment dude.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I rarely vote, more content to just read. And this CYOA is written wonderfully. Thanks for the entertainment dude.

Thank you :D I get a lot of joy seeing what comes out of the votes, and what crazy things people come up with.

And of course reviews fuel me :D

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A plus call in greycloak backup Time for murder.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

jng2058 posted:

:stare: E Let's get weird

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Ok fine...Vote change from C to E

Enigma.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

A x x x x x x x x x
B x x x x
C x x
D
E x x x x

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Here is a Kafka short story I feel synopsizes many aspects of Kafka.

quote:

A Common Confusion, Kafka

A common experience, resulting in a common confusion. A. has to transact important business with B. in H. He goes to H. for a preliminary interview, accomplishes the journey there in ten minutes, and the journey back in the same time, and on returning boasts to his family of his expedition. Next day he goes again to H., this time to settle his business finally. As that by all appearances will require several hours, A. leaves very early in the morning. But although all the surrounding circumstances, at least in A.'s estimation, are exactly the same as the day before, this time it takes him ten hours to reach H. When he arrives there quite exhausted in the evening he is informed that B., annoyed at his absence, had left half an hour before to go to A.'s village, and that they must have passed each other on the road. A. is advised to wait. But in his anxiety about his business he sets off at once and hurries home.

This time he covers the distance, without paying any particular attention to the fact, practically in an instant. At home he learns that B. had arrived quite early, immediately after A.'s departure, indeed that he had met A. on the threshold and reminded him of his business; but A. had replied that he had no time to spare, he must go at once.

In spite of this incomprehensible behavior of A., however, B. had stayed on to wait for A.'s return. It is true, he had asked several times whether A. was not back yet, but he was still sitting up in A.'s room. Overjoyed at the opportunity of seeing B. at once and explaining everything to him, A. rushes upstairs. He is almost at the top, when he stumbles, twists a sinew, and almost fainting with the pain, incapable even of uttering a cry, only able to moan faintly in the darkness, he hears B.--impossible to tell whether at a great distance or quite near him--stamping down the stairs in a violent rage and vanishing for good.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

mepstein73 posted:

Hearts, livers and tongues? Sounds like whoever killed these people was in need of iron. Perhaps they are deficient and need it badly enough that they are talking it by force. Perhaps they have Porphyria?

If they have an iron deficiency, then we should give them some. At high speed. A.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

A!! More 'nades more better

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I think E will happen anyway if we stick around and I don't want to get bigger down in voting so going to stick with A. I hope our new friend is going to make it out if there... (he's not)

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
If a Halo the question about Cruentus is still: negligence or malfeasance?

Did he simply go kill some random people and call it a day?

Is he benefitting from or enthralled by the Halo and has knowingly misled the Sire?

The Halo carrier seems to be in the primary stage at this point. Closer examination, which we may not actually want just yet, may reveal something else of course.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I don't actually know what that is Sogol, care to elaborate?

oh god what have i unleashed

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

LowellDND posted:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Halo_Devices

The initial symptoms do fit (mass murders, eating blood and flesh, inhuman strength) but that could be anything really. :)

Check there.

close call, right?

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
We don't actually know if someone is using a halo.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
But if it is a halo device we could take it and turn it into some truly terrifying awesome heretek.

vv Shut the gently caress up, this isn't a game man. 'points' phht.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Sep 29, 2014

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Or hand it to our inquisitor for extra doing things right points!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Okay yeah, "unnatural grace" could be several things, none of them good. Interfering with cybernetics as well though? Can't be too many things that have both those traits.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Psykers do all of that poo poo, nothing good comes from that. Better to have apple brain rather than demons.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

My cunning plan to stall the vote is resulting in even more of a landslide for A.

A x x x x x x x x x x x
B x x x x
C x x
D
E x x x x

So I guess Ill do that then. :black101:

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Changing my vote to A from C

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

This seemed like a good idea at the time

Reaching over, you grab Za’keriah by the collar. “You are a loyal servant of the God-Emperor, are you not?” No response. You slap him. Blood spray. [static] He’s bitten off his own tongue. You pull the debris out, slap his back, overcome his choking. He stares at you with vacant eyes, bloody drool running down his chin. “Good man.” You stand him up on shaky legs, put shotgun shells in his pockets. Turn him towards the door.

A deep voice speaks, almost subsonic. It seems to skip your ears entirely, speaking directly to your soul. It makes all your organics quiver at the sound of it, and even your bones feel like they vibrate in harmony with it. Extract the product and be on our way. We’ve tarried too long here already. Unpinning the grenade, you put it in Za’keriah’s hands. “Good man. Have faith in the God-Emperor.” And you push [static] him outside.

The explosion occurs before you make it to the top of the ad-hoc stairs, occupying a nook on the second floor. The secondary explosion of shotgun shells cause even more shrieks, and a jagged smile takes over your face, knowing you have killed enemies of the Ommnisiah. From your perch, you look down, take in the tactical situation.

Giblets and blobby bits are scattered over a half dozen meter spread, and the mechanical parts of the faux-servitors are shattered beyond repair, smoking idly. Two or three faux-servitors seemed to have survived the blast, although they are hobbled on the ground, holding their ears. Excellent targets.

Taking a moment to aim, you spend the last of your rifle energy clip to shoot them in the back. Robes ignite and burn sullenly, and you ready your pistol just in case. Megabite is pushing her nose into your side, whining intensely, and you can hear the stairs creaking as someone [static] ascends. Time to get out of here.

Running across the landing, Megabite at your heels, you fire one handed down the stairs, emptying the clip. For a moment, you see a figure of tremendous beauty. [static] Liquid gold skin, amber eyes, smiling pointed teeth. [static] It lacks a gender, or encompasses them all, and the faintest hint of its glance seems to caress your innermost thoughts and soul. [static] And then you fall over the railing that borders the house, and the pain reawakens you.

You have to leave. Now.

Stumbling away from the building, crawling [static] and hiding in piles of debris, Megabite drags you away from that horrific building. You huddle down, crying quietly, as Megabite trembles next to you. After a time, the intense pressure on your mind eases. Your diagnostics are recovering, reporting a broken leg and multiple lesser injuries, and you begin receiving Vox messages asking why you went offline.

A Summon all available troops to this location, church troops, tech priests, everything.
B Delay them and say you are fine. You need to find out more information. What product did the creature want? And to what purpose? Perhaps the Gangs know
C Go to Medical and get repaired, find out what happened with your cyberware. Also, you need more ammo and grenades.
D Find Creuntus and confront him. Preferably with back up.
E Something Else

I know how eager you were to fight the beastie, but by the time you got to the landing, you were down to your knife. So I figured discretion was the better part of valor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
A