Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Tran posted:

B: Deal with the drugs. Shows that we intend to keep handling the problems that crop up in the Deeps, and may lead us to the cult.

As for the gangs, "You've got one job on this ship, and that's keeping the Deeps quiet. Now you've gone and screwed that all up with your little war, and I need it to stop. While you were off shooting each other to pieces the Enemy got a foothold on our ship. Now originally I hadn't planned to back one of you over the others, plenty of things an up and coming family star could do to make all of your lives a little easier. Having said that, you find another way to handle your little turf dispute or I'll throw in with the Krakens as the only ones smart enough to show a little restraint. Now I don't care if you set up formal duels, play a game of cards, or run death races in between. Just handle your problems quietly.

paragon1 posted:

B4 with Uniting the Gangs as a long term goal. Uniting the Gangs and getting them to follow us means real control of the Deeps, which is something I think that perhaps our dear Family undervalues greatly.

My paranoia also suggests these strange organs, the daemon, this new drug, and the cult we're searching for are all linked.

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Plan Tran

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Yup

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
As an addendum to my vote, I'm with Tran's plan to have the gangs death-race.

Also: send skull to talk to Amacita.

Second Also: Don't go to mind reading bully's party.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

B, deal with the drugs. This sounds like Slaanesh-type stuff for sure.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

B for sure, gently caress off annoying psyker cousin I bet she's a heretic too.

Xun fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 13, 2014

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Plan Tran is well in the lead

A x
B x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
C
D x
E
F
BCAD x

1 x x x x
4 x x x x x x x x x x

Also, we have broken 1000 posts! Thank you everyone who is joining me on this little adventure :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0glOYQBlSA

Loel fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 13, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Plan Tran

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
C and 4

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
B-4. Although we do need to start getting primped and polished for the party, I would like to know a bit more about side effects of the drug. Perhaps it's linked to the interestingly absent organs from before; maybe they're either using the organs to produce the drug, or removing evidence OF the drug from the bodies once they're dead.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
All these B voters are going to regret it when those missing organs are going to be used to summon another warp thing. :argh:

LowellDND posted:

Yes, Megabite could, although communicating would be tricky.

edit: checked my notes, you also have a Servoskull and some other stuff. See below.

Voting with Lanky Coconut Tree's plan to use the servitors if that's still possible.

Also do we know anything about Inquisitor Kozilek? I don't suppose we've met anyone else or had any correspondence aside from the initial recruitment communications.

What happens after we've framed collected enough evidence to implicate our Family?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Kegslayer posted:

All these B voters are going to regret it when those missing organs are going to be used to summon another warp thing. :argh:

Voting with Lanky Coconut Tree's plan to use the servitors if that's still possible.

Also do we know anything about Inquisitor Kozilek? I don't suppose we've met anyone else or had any correspondence aside from the initial recruitment communications.

What happens after we've framed collected enough evidence to implicate our Family?

He has contacted you once, Ill see if I can find the post momentarily. Edit: Here it is.

One final thing, before you can rest. The message from the Astropath.

"Inquistor Kozilek’s voice is a whip cord, irascible and wheezing. His aides watch him with a deep wariness, even as his eyes meet yours balefully. “Ohone. One of my acolytes has pursued a cell of cultists to your ship, but as you know it better than she does, I’m assigning you to deal with them. I had her leave some supplies for you at the attached location, but it’s time to stop watching and start doing. You’ve wasted enough time already. Kozilek out.” "

The supplies were the shotgun shells and grenades, which you used when fighting the Thing.

Right now he's sending you messages in dead drops and arranged meets, as you are one of about a thousand minions he has through the sector looking for things. If (when) you find something significant enough, he'll come in person.

My mid-game goal is, of course, you end up with the Warrant and we start playing Rogue Trader :D

Loel fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 14, 2014

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Oh my god my thread hit Gold rating. :aaaaa: :dance: :derp: :neckbeard: :rock:

Thank you so much :3:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Congrats!

That sounded like a weakness. You have one hour to update before we start hitting 1.

Getting warrant sounds fun, but I'd rather fake our death and embed ourselves into the hulk, slowly taking control of all systems and leaking in was taint while packs of servitors patrol the corridors and 'malfunctioning' electricals eradicate our opponents.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 14, 2014

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outrail posted:

Congrats!

That sounded like a weakness. You have one hour to update before we start hitting 1.

Getting warrant sounds fun, but I'd rather fake our death and embed ourselves into the hulk, slowly taking control of all systems and leaking in was taint while packs of servitors patrol the corridors and 'malfunctioning' electricals eradicate our opponents.

OH GOD IM WRITIGN RIGHT NOW DONT TAKE AWAY MY RATING :gonk:

and yeah, Im totally open to that as well. More so, I expect you to have maneuvered Limosa, Magos, Lord-Sire, and Kozilek out of the way, and having taken total control over the ship, for whatever purpose the thread desires. Unsurprisingly, Im already sketching some plot lines for when that occurs.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Lord Sire and Magos at least sound like potential allies. If we progress further in the inquisition, we might benefit more from a good working relationship with a rogue trader than from having a warrant ourself with our name on all the official paperwork.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Outrail posted:

Congrats!

if the game ends without us having usurped the golden throne and/or taken a poo poo in a space marines helmet i will be very, very disappointed

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

if the game ends without us having usurped the golden throne and/or taken a poo poo in a space marines helmet i will be very, very disappointed

Does a tech priest even poop or would we just like, leave a pile of wires and melted plastic and slap a holy seal on top of it.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Arkanomen posted:

Does a tech priest even poop or would we just like, leave a pile of wires and melted plastic and slap a holy seal on top of it.

Depends on what augments you have at the time.

Fly my monkeys Fly!

“Firstly,” A flex of binary across the aether, “I am taking back my man.” Behind you, near the entrance, hunched figures rise, gears whirring, eyes focusing and refocusing as they reveal their hate. In front of you, all three gang lords make the sign of Ching Shih, quickly recognizing who the servitors were. Had been. You had marched them through the Deeps, after all, before the Full Processing.

And wasn’t that just the thing to send a message?

Servitors were a common sight aboard ship, but there was something atavistically horrifying about seeing them when you had watched them performing penance weeks before. All three shuddered slightly in fear and revulsion. They had tried to conceal it, but you were looking for it, and you knew that the message had been received.

Casually, as if you had all the time in the world, you reached across the table for parchment, wrote quickly. Nailed it into the back of one of the servitors with a single strike of palm, augmented strength making a wet meaty sound. Another flex of binary, and the servitors were picking up Woodhouse, bringing him back to your quarters. Meanwhile, your servoskull flew above them, watching them briefly before diverting to parts unknown.

“Now then.” You smile mirthlessly.

“You've got one job on this ship, and that's keeping the Deeps quiet. Now you've gone and screwed that all up with your little war, and I need it to stop. While you were off shooting each other to pieces the Enemy got a foothold on our ship. Now originally I hadn't planned to back one of you over the others, plenty of things and up and coming family star could do to make all of your lives a little easier. Having said that, you find another way to handle your little turf dispute or I'll throw in with the Krakens as the only ones smart enough to show a little restraint. Now I don't care if you set up formal duels, play a game of cards, or run death races in between. Just handle your problems quietly.”

Hellhound scowled at you. “That’s never been how things have been done down here. Saint Ching-Shih…”
“Saint Ching-Shih sent me here, you mewling groxling! Or do you think all of this, the Omega, the drugs, the murders, are all unconnected? Do you think I came here on a whim?”
Hellhound paused, sat back in his chair, while Basilisk sucked on her teeth thoughtfully.
“We’re not like the savages in Between, you are aware.”
Stubbornly, you dig in. “I never claimed you were. But think about it, I return to this ship only a handful of weeks ago, and all of this starts up? The Omnissiah, and his representative Saint Ching-Shih, has arranged for this to happen. For me to be here when it happens.”

Kraken considered you. “I’m not saying I believe you, mind. But the timing is interesting.”
You nod. “So here’s what’s going to happen. We need to perform a united front against the Great Enemy. For that to happen, your people will need to stop having blood in the streets every other day.”
Hellhound speaks to the others, almost to himself. “Might be worth doing. People are scared, we’re losing our legitimacy down here, what with everything happening.”
Basilisk narrowed her eyes at him. “And the fact that you lost the last battle has nothing to do with this revelation.”
Hellhound smiled at her guilelessly. “Not a thing.”
Kraken gestures. “Regardless, he’s right. People are talking. If we can’t maintain the peace against serial killers and cultists and the Great Enemy, we are meant to be deposed. That’s the God-Emperor’s Own Truth.”
All three go silent, look at each other thoughtfully.

Kraken stirred. “While we discuss it, would you like to examine some of the overdose bodies? We collected them in anticipation of your arrival.”
You nod, stand. They all bow in their seats, perhaps equals, perhaps a little more or less. You follow an aide down a set of stairs, under a building, another twisty set of stairs. The aide bows deeply to you, and leaves you to it.

The room was clinical, after a fashion. Not up to Biologis standards, but what was, really? A dozen tables, hoses and bacterial sprays hung from the ceiling, a wall of surgical, cooking, and hardware tools framing the whole scene. Idly, you wondered what they used this room for when they weren’t hosting for drug overdoses.

All the bodies shared similar symptoms, without differentiating by gender, race, or age. You found juveniles all the way to elderly, all with similar traits. They all had extensive body modification and mutilation, piercings, punctures, burns, lacerations, and abrasions. Several of them had bled from the ears - examination showed burst ear drums. This was well beyond what the Gang-lords had briefed you on, and you wondered if they were testing if you would go down there. Probably.

All the injuries occurred prior to death, although it was hard to say if any one of them had caused the deaths in and off themselves. Cursory disection showed extensive mutation, perhaps of a xeno-nature. All the bodies had similar changes; expanded neural nets and nervous systems, both in quantity and quality. In the same way, the sensory organs (eyes, nose, tongue, ears) had expanded resources, such as additional cones and rods in the eyes. Oddly, there seemed to be some sort of neural superhighway built to the pleasure center of the brain - most any stimulation would activate it. Even more bizarre, the pain center itself routed there.

The brains themselves were modified accordingly to handle the increased intake; an unmodified human would have been almost instantly overwhelmed by the array of new data, and you yourself were unsure if your True-Self could handle it, at least right now. Interestingly, the increased processing of their organics took up such space in the skull that other aspects of the brain had been pushed aside, atrophied, or disconnected. Most notably, sections controlling risk management, inhibition, and judgement, although self-awareness of fatigue had suffered trauma as well.

Oh, that was interesting. Cracking open the nasal cavities showed a little something extra. A small gland or organ of some sort, that appeared to be … injected? Implanted? Through the oral cavity at the back of the throat. Lot of physical cracking there, fractured palates and the like. Speculatively, the gland would be half swallowed, pushed (forced?) through the cavity, and from there … yup. Looked like it would leak a chemical of some kind, directly into the throat.

And it was rather quite interesting how similar it was to the ones you had noted before. The ones you had discovered weren’t… ripe, as it were, while these had been emptied into the person. Interesting little mechanism, that. It suggested one dead body was required for the creation of the organ-gland. If the chemical could be shared to others as their freebie, and they suddenly needed a gland for their own use, well. That might lead to interesting things.

That’s all you can determine for now. The Magos would almost certainly love to dissect them further, although it would involve bringing him on board a great deal further that he was. You stand, exit the stairs, walk over to the Gang-lords. None of them change their expression seeing your blood covered state, although it seemed likely they had seen such things before.

What was that room for anyway? Moving on.

Kraken nods at you. “We are still discussing terms, although servitor races have a strong lead, particularly given your patronage of the sport. We are unsure if the terms will hold after the Great Enemy has been banished off the ship, but for now the united front shall perform. We have received word of another set of killings, although we’re keeping it quiet. Did you want to observe the site, or shall we take care of it?”

A. Bring in the Magos They’ve always been a fan of Biologis, and this will give you a chance to get on their radar once again.
B. Keep it in house for now, and Follow up on that lead. A new murder site meant more data!
C. Regretfully, Limosa’s party is imminent. You need to shift gears and get out that way.
D. Your servo-skull has found Amacita, and she wants to talk Lets network that quick-like, no one that quiet is innocent.
E. Something Else

Your rolls for Fellowship weren't... *great*, here, but 1-2 degrees of success got their attention and compliance, at least for now. Your SCIENCE, on the other hand, was quite good. I used a fate point to reroll for the discovery of the gland, I was hoping to get lucky and we did :D The parties are happening at the same time, and you haven't even messaged Limosa yet. Choose wisely :devil:

As an aside, completed within 58 minutes of my previous post. drat, Im good.

Loel fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 14, 2014

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Arkanomen posted:

Well, they do still have to eat, tho I'm picturing it being Robocop style since the first thing they do is replace the bottom half of their face with a vox system.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Arkanomen posted:

Even in the grim darkness of the far future, everybody poops.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Chantilly Say posted:

Even in the grim darkness of the far future, everybody poops.

Loel fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 14, 2014

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
A and D

Let the Magos check the site, while you talk to Amacita. Then meet with the Magos about what they find.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
A + D it's pretty clear we're dealing with a Slaneesh cult. Pleasure centers and all that. We are a priest of Mars, multitasking is our thing. Let's fire up the Skelo-Skype while we head to the attack site.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 14, 2014

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
B + D.

Drop Limosa a quick vox expressing our regrets at not making his party, perhaps next time, yaddayadda.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
A,D let's send the magos the location of the killing so that he can send servitors (without informing him about our discovery).
I think it would be a good way to test his dedication.

After informing the magos, We can find time for skull chat.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
A&D

Hey, did that Astropath have any messgaes about keeping an eye out for lost children?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
D while on our way to C, with A immediately afterwards. We can't really afford to ignore or anger Limosa or Amacita right now. And we need outside expertise of the Magos as well as the brownie points this will win us.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Rockopolis posted:

A&D

Hey, did that Astropath have any messgaes about keeping an eye out for lost children?

Yes Indeed! As it happens, Inquisitor Kozilek is the spitting image of Krank from the City of Lost Children. 40 XP!

A
B
C
D
E
A/D x x x x
B/D x
DCA x

Loel fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Oct 14, 2014

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I think this is the right time to defer to the superior expertise of others. We want the Magos to come take a look at this. And we can see what Amacita has to say... from a distance. Apologize sincerely for not being there in person, of course.

Now, now... opportunity cost. Limosa's party or the new murder site? I think the deciding factor here is that we're on the Lord-Sire's business right now. How confident are we in our Fellowship rolls? Extend our deepest apologies to Limosa that we won't be able to attend his event. Don't be smug, don't remind him we're on official important ship business, just be polite and humble and promise to attend another when you can.

Lastly, how can we get a message out to the Inquisitor? We have definitely Found Something and we should tell someone about it. Not reporting the presence of the Enemy is a dereliction of our duty, even if our message is "yep, definitely the Enemy, we're working on it"

(A B D)

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A and D Totally a cult of the great enemy, let's network and see what we can dig up.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Chantilly Say posted:

Lastly, how can we get a message out to the Inquisitor? We have definitely Found Something and we should tell someone about it. Not reporting the presence of the Enemy is a dereliction of our duty, even if our message is "yep, definitely the Enemy, we're working on it"

Imma go ahead and say you've been given the location of some one-time use dead-drops where you can leave information (in, of course, a one-time pad), that will eventually make their way to him. Probably.

Of course, this implies that there is someone else on this ship who a) has access to those drops, and b) has access to an astropath in some way.

Whether you've met said person yet, well :D

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I will defer to the 40K vets and go AD.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Sounds good to me!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Speculatively, the thread is currently thinking Slaanesh cult

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Slaanesh

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Slaanesh

A
B
C
D
E
A/D x x x x x x x
B/D x
DCA x
ABD x

Loel fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 14, 2014

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
A & D. Make sure we have our servo-skull keep a link with the Magos and keep an eye on what they discover.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Clarification question for the A/D crowd -

Do you want to talk to Amacita through the skull, while on the way to the Magos?
Or do you want to speak to Amacita directly, while the skull hangs out with Magos?

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Skull with magos, face to face with Amacita.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FireSight posted:

Skull with magos, face to face with Amacita.

This sounds like a good idea. The magos should not be insulted by tech talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

LowellDND posted:

Do you want to talk to Amacita through the skull, while on the way to the Magos?
Or do you want to speak to Amacita directly, while the skull hangs out with Magos?

That one. Amacita will probably be pissed if we insult him with a remote chat, while Magos should be just fine with skull-skype.