Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
How long do we have to wait? If it's a week, yes. If not, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Couple days. Could have a whole religious ceremony about it.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
We might not really have time then.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
What's our current attrition rate and can we afford to wait?

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
If you want to build his Faith waiting for his return before you commit to the final attack is essential.

If it works, he will be the promised saviour, if it doesn't everyone will be dead anyway so it doesn't matter.

Waking him up after it's done is sort of lacklustre in comparison.

My vote is thus: Wait.

Also; Give Eleonora a medal or some sort of appropiate family-honour for looking our for the general population of the beast during these trying times.

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 18, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Arkanomen posted:

What's our current attrition rate and can we afford to wait?

Mostly the big loss was the fire, which has been contained (and that was mostly Dregs). You haven't send much out since then.

If you mean the Dregs in the private train line/shallows, they have some food/water/antibiotics/space. So, whatever the death rate in refugee camps are.

Loel fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 18, 2015

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Say, LowellDND, nulls are people without souls, right?

And we don't exactly have our soul in our body, PER SE, right?

And neither would Fabiyan, right?

Would we be able to suck up the souls of some others into the soul stone to help out here?

And if we don't have a soul, how are we hearing the screaming?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Wait with religious ceremony to build up faith.

on the first day, the lord sire declares the soon to return of Saint Funiyan. Food pours double on that day.

On the second day, the lord sire declares the pain and suffering saint faniyan felt for everyone. His shed tears for all. Water pours double on that day.

On the third day, the lord sire declares Saint Faniyan is praying for everyone. Join him and pray for our salvation. Mass chorus of singing and chanting can be heard throughout the beast on that day.

On the forth day, the lord sire declare the spirit of saint faniyan is returning to us, praise, PRAISE the name of Saint Faniyan. May his name strike fear to the xeno.

On the fifth day, the pod of saint faniyan went on display for the masses. A festival is held in await for his ressurection.

On the sixth day, the saint in pod lead a major victory against the Xeno. All praise the saint faniyan.

On the seventh day, Saint faniyan awakened. He is awakened to the victory or to strike the final blow against the xeno demon, he shall purge and clean the vile demon from the Beast for us! HAIL SAINT FANIYAN!

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 18, 2015

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I say yes, wait for Fabiyan. It will give us exactly the big morale boost we need when we leave for the big push.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
We have our soul, since our body is intact it went straight into us instead of the soulstone.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Volmarias posted:

We have a soul? We voted to get it back even. From what I see in this game, there's a difference between having had a soul and then losing it and never having one at all. Ed didn't freak out at us while we were running around soulless after all.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Long term, we might consider making our blank friend into a pariah style servitor. Keeping a weird guy around that everyone hates will diminish our reputation, but having a servitor that inspires fear and dread would be an asset.

Volmarias posted:

Would we be able to suck up the souls of some others into the soul stone to help out here?

And if we don't have a soul, how are we hearing the screaming?
Nulls are not just people without souls, but people whose souls are a black hole of absence in the warp (more like anti-souls).

We have always had our soul in our body, though at one point we diminished it by splitting it with our future self.

Fabiyan's current body is soulless and has no life in it. Not the same as being a blank.

Soulstones only suck up the souls of the dead / souls escaping from bodies, thus that wouldn't work to create blanks.

We do have a soul.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

ElrondHubbard posted:

Long term, we might consider making our blank friend into a pariah style servitor. Keeping a weird guy around that everyone hates will diminish our reputation, but having a servitor that inspires fear and dread would be an asset.

Nulls are not just people without souls, but people whose souls are a black hole of absence in the warp (more like anti-souls).

We have always had our soul in our body, though at one point we diminished it by splitting it with our future self.

Fabiyan's current body is soulless and has no life in it. Not the same as being a blank.

Soulstones only suck up the souls of the dead / souls escaping from bodies, thus that wouldn't work to create blanks.

We do have a soul.

Oh.

Why the hell did we capture our own soul with the soul stone then?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
To make sure we weren't reborn as a blank due to time-fuckery.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

ElrondHubbard posted:

We do have a soul.

Huh, do servitors have souls? I mean it uses a brain with some awareness, but is it alive or dead and just animated? If we can make him into a massively armored murder servitor and keep the blankness, I'm all for it.

Edit: what about an arcoflagellant?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I was going through some old music I haven't heard in years and was struck with inspiration.

""The Battle Hymn of Saint Fabian the Unbroken" posted:

With Bolter and Blade, the enemy's closing in
With dark machinations and souls of black
Blood in the wind, a battle that can't be won
Thunder of steel - Lightning attack

There is no way out of here
Hordes of warriors everywhere
Smell of death is drawing near
Come and fight me if you dare

Fight by my side - I will never let you down
Fight for your life - Till the end we're standing strong

Chaos unleashed, dead bodies on the ground
Few against many, that is what counts
Demons and traitors, crush what is left of us
We need more men, we're going down

Hordes of warriors everywhere
Come and fight me if you dare

Fight me if you dare

:rock:[Guitar solo by a blind albino priest with a flamer on one end]:rock:

I didn't actually change many lyrics, because most of them fit.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
yes to having fab's resurrection coincide with the resurrection of the Beast.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Volmarias posted:

Oh.

Why the hell did we capture our own soul with the soul stone then?

We, in the past, gave up part of our soul to our future self. As our future self, we recovered the part of our soul that was missing.

We did this in order to diminish our presence in the webway and to give ourselves some protection, thus preventing demons and other things from taking an unpleasant interest in us.

Kinetica posted:

Huh, do servitors have souls? I mean it uses a brain with some awareness, but is it alive or dead and just animated? If we can make him into a massively armored murder servitor and keep the blankness, I'm all for it.

Edit: what about an arcoflagellant?

Servitors are human beings augmented with cybernetics to be more useful to mechanicus. They still have their souls and they are very much alive, although many of their human parts have been replaced.

Arcoflagellants are brainwashed, drugged up cybernetic soldiers. They still have souls.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

And our friend the Abominable Intelligence Athena?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Since Ive mentioned Skitaari a few times, here are some neato pics I found on Tumblr. If you try to breach the Quarantine, this is what you'll be hitting.

http://bookkeeper-of-eternity.tumblr.com/post/121856759329/cybert3k-skitarii-warhammer-40-000

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
Wait for Fabiyan. Kiss for good luck, if nothing else, and that way we have him remain to take control if we die in this assault.

Should really work on getting some sleep before this, too.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Skitarii are definitely not robots. That would be heresy.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Has anything been learned from the corpse/captive xeno samples?

Skellybones fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 18, 2015

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Anticheese posted:

And our friend the Abominable Intelligence Athena?

Assuming she was built kosher, no. As a pure AI, she has no connection to the warp and therefore no soul.

LowellDND posted:

Since Ive mentioned Skitaari a few times, here are some neato pics I found on Tumblr. If you try to breach the Quarantine, this is what you'll be hitting.

http://bookkeeper-of-eternity.tumblr.com/post/121856759329/cybert3k-skitarii-warhammer-40-000

At least we don't have to deal with Thallax or some of the crazier Legio Cybernetica stuff....right?

Green Intern posted:

Skitarii are definitely not robots. That would be heresy.

Legio Cybernetica :colbert:

mepstein73 posted:

Wait for Fabiyan. Kiss for good luck, if nothing else, and that way we have him remain to take control if we die in this assault.

Should really work on getting some sleep before this, too.

We should grab a shower to get rid of some of our radiation. Otherwise our reunion might get awkward.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

ElrondHubbard posted:

We should grab a shower to get rid of some of our radiation. Otherwise our reunion might get awkward.

Agreed as well. We've got a few days to prep; let's prep.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Don't delay the mission. Bringing him back without access to the engines means he ends up with a lesser body. The Magos is far and away better at this kind of work than we are. We can make a highly athletic and resilient body, Magos Kiera can build superman.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

They're

They're

Sooooooo cuuuutteee Aww look at their widdle faces :kimchi:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Drusian Krieger Skitaari 4lyfe

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

LowellDND posted:

Drusian Krieger Skitaari 4lyfe
When we're done, I hope the ship contains literally nothing but critical support staff (Family, retinue) and the above

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Tran posted:

Don't delay the mission. Bringing him back without access to the engines means he ends up with a lesser body. The Magos is far and away better at this kind of work than we are. We can make a highly athletic and resilient body, Magos Kiera can build superman.

LowellDND posted:

A perfect copy of Fabiyan’s skeleton had been grown there, inscribed with hexagrammic wards and purity seals. Even now consecrated synthflesh was being applied by the holiest of priests.

This was some time ago. We'd already made upgrades of our own and I'm sure we continued to do so. Fabiyan is going to be badass when he wakes up.

On the other hand, our Magos friend is a little nuts and has a fascination with human - xeno hybrids. I'm not sure we want her anywhere near husbando. Add to that, we don't know if she's hostile or what the state of her lab is. Even if everything goes well, do we really want to owe her a favor?

Besides, any modifications made at this point can be made after he's awake if we really want to go that route.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

ElrondHubbard posted:

This was some time ago. We'd already made upgrades of our own and I'm sure we continued to do so. Fabiyan is going to be badass when he wakes up.

On the other hand, our Magos friend is a little nuts and has a fascination with human - xeno hybrids. I'm not sure we want her anywhere near husbando. Add to that, we don't know if she's hostile or what the state of her lab is. Even if everything goes well, do we really want to owe her a favor?

Besides, any modifications made at this point can be made after he's awake if we really want to go that route.

Agreed. Revive him. Let his birth mark the birth of our new crusade.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

music is, of course, resurrection by chimaria

ritual

A year ago, the Family train was a secret known only to the favoured, the Lord-Sire and his most valued servants. It was equipped with cabins of the utmost luxury, connecting the private docking bay to the Alpha Deck, where the highest of the Dynasty would not be forced to speak to (or even look at) the lowest.

Now, the cabins were broken down and scattered. Two hundred thousand souls slowly shuffled from the Shallows to the Cathedral, walking the rails with bare and occasionally bleeding feet. A holy week had been declared for Saint Fabiyan, the hero who would save the ship in its most dire need.The slow and prayerful mob walked the route seven times, circling back and forth for an entire day.

At either end, they received a double ration of nutrient feed, to recognize the growth of the Saint’s body. Each time they reached the case of the Saint, they could see it for themselves - he was healing. The entire route, Drusian priests chanted and lead hymns, waved incense, prayed. The decadent regime of Devries had called down the xeno as punishment - only the austerity of the Saint would rescue them.

In her own chambers, the Lord-Sire received her own purification. After the third circle, the pilgrimage could see her strips of skin being removed and replaced. Her dedication and faith drove hundreds to accept arco-flagellation, more than could be processed. The Church began implanting them in full view, and the pilgrims were greatly moved by their faith.

Thus ended the first day.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

ceremony

On the second day, the pain and suffering of the Saint was remembered. Pilgrims exposed themselves to small doses of blister grenades, to remember his pain leading the Krieg against the Enemies of Humanity. They attempted to carve hexagrammic wards into themselves, in imitation of him. They subjected themselves to horrific burns, remembering his death.

Double rations of water were handed out, with additional doses of antibiotics. The number of open wounds and burns was epidemic, and the priests worked overtime to ensure such flagellation did not become a plague carrier. The Saint would not have wanted that, after all. Still, there were accidents of enthusiasm, and such bodies became martyrs to the Faith, mounted on banners and carried by the faithful.

The unstoppable sound of the Screamer-xeno haunted everyone, preventing sleep, encouraging religious dementia. People walked and stumbled through a dream world of fanatical devotion, the minimal food and water, the excess exertion, the lack of sleep driving them ever deeper into adoration of the Saint. They would kill themselves for him, and many did.

Thus ended the second day.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Y'know, maybe we should coach Fabiyan on what we're doing and how we're building this up exactly so that his first words after his miraculous resurrection isn't something like "Emperor's BALLS, that hurts!" Maybe prepare a little speech between us to properly get the faith going.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
We already did.

Tran fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 19, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

liturgy

Exhausted, bleeding, healing mounds of pilgrims, stacked in their thousands. Priests were twitchy and amped up on mixers, courtesy of Devries’ old labs, still continuing the holy week. Meanwhile, they handed out medicinal sacraments (including tranquilizers) to help people get sleep. There was not enough, of course, and priority was given to those expected to fight.

The psy-scream continued, unstoppable, without taking breath, and no one could ever get used to it. It pierced dreams and forced nightmares, and only chemical tranquilizers could let people get their rest. The priests led chants and prayers, songs and rituals, loudly and erratically trying to keep the scream away. Exhausted pilgrims followed along, mumbling prayers and hopes, and from every pulpit the heroic myth of the Saint continued.

Meanwhile, you spoke with the Iron Hands, the Commissars, the officers. A battle plan was constructed, improved upon, modified and refined. The Sacred Pod wouldn’t be used in the front of the battle, instead used as a relic to drive forth the fanatics. It was unclear how the Krieg were taking to the Drusian religion, or how they felt of the worship of their former general. Nonetheless, they seemed as eager for death as anyone.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
He is going to hate being a Saint isn't he?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

revival

If the xeno wanted to scream, it would see what humanity was capable of. Large picts of dead xenos were displayed, or xenos being killed, or xenos killing innocent humans. The crowds roused themselves, filled with a righteous anger, even as they shouted the name of the Saint for hours. Thousands of picts of xenos participating in the most vile butchery, then being righteously cleansed by Krieg and by Saint Fabiyan.

Fights broke out here and there, as a hunt for mutants suddenly ran wild. The very few mutants who had remained hidden, or who simply didn’t look ‘human’ enough, were torn limb from limb, their body parts raised in grisly triumph. The priests lead them on, looking for more mutants, more signs of heresy, and as they did it they chanted his name.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Poor Fabs. I wonder how this psychosphere might effect his re-embodiment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Praise to the Emperor. Praise to the Omnisiaah. Praise to Saint Fabiyan. Death to the Xeno, the Heretic, the Mutant.