Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Ok, if the magos planned ahead at all they installed an Ohone off-switch.

Also, killing a massive psychic entity like this will very possibly have a backlash. It might just die, or the death-throes might liquefy the brains of everyone on the ship, especially the other psykers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
I think you guys greatly overestimate how dangerous the Magos considered us back when we got the implants.

As for psychic backlash from killing the brainpool, I'll take perils that mysteriously can't affect a ten meter radius around Stinky over a mind melting psyker trying to liquefy us.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
What's the status of the wireless here? Can we hack the gibsons or something? Try and do some techpriest stuff? I realize we're on the Magos's turf, but we're no slouch in that department and I can't imagine he would deny himself those assets. Could be useful to turn whatever automated defenses he has against him, or download a data dump for us to use later.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I'm going to Dallas.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Tran posted:

I think you guys greatly overestimate how dangerous the Magos considered us back when we got the implants.
Maybe the Magos puts a bomb only she knows the wireless frequency and detonation code for in the body of everyone who she performs surgery on. Honestly, it's probably a good practice.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

open fire x x x x x, x x x x x,
yell x x x x
amacita x x
hack x

Thats rather impressive, and was the result I was expecting for Devries o.o Delaying writing post so everyone gets to see the big reveal.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Shoot the fucker

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Are the brains the screamer? If so shoot everything

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Grognan posted:

"The gently caress do you think you are doing? This has torn the ship apart, money wasted, lives wasted and for what? What possible reason would you have to tear the beast asunder?"

This, not that it matters much at this stage of voting.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

LowellDND posted:

Thats rather impressive, and was the result I was expecting for Devries o.o
Decries is a good teacher.

Shoot him. No one shall surprise us!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Also by tomorrow I mean Friday

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Lowell does Fabiyans EMP relic fire directionally or like a bubble?

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Shoot the fucker in the chest with the tank cannon ring and in the face with our eye laser. Quip "The pleasure is all mine."

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Shake your head all disappointed like and email her the bill for the all the repairs.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Toughy posted:

Lowell does Fabiyans EMP relic fire directionally or like a bubble?

You never did get around to testing it :D

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

LowellDND posted:

You never did get around to testing it :D

Great, this better not accidentally be a party bomb or something.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

sullat posted:

Great, this better not accidentally be a party bomb or something.

What kind of bizarre longterm trap would Devries be setting up for you like that? Thats completely out of character!

Edit: As an aside, chat is talking about a Texas goon meet. Im outside Dallas for the interested.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Destroy the psyker vat since not only is it the greatest threat, but also probably what's keeping the xenos under the Magos' control.

We can have a pleasant conversation when our blank isn't about to expire, leaving us defenseless.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

LowellDND posted:

What kind of bizarre longterm trap would Devries be setting up for you like that? Thats completely out of character!

Edit: As an aside, chat is talking about a Texas goon meet. Im outside Dallas for the interested.

So how many Fate points we got left?

Because once we shut up the Screamer, we're going to need it.

We have any grenades? Or anti-tank weapons?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

So how many Fate points we got left?

Because once we shut up the Screamer, we're going to need it.

We have any grenades? Or anti-tank weapons?

1 fate, lots of grenades, and you are wearing Centurion armor. Its got lots of things.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

The Shining

It call came down to this, really. Two Magi at the height of their power, looking at each other over the pack of the monsters they had created. Kiera had chosen the ways of Biologis, while you had chosen Ideology, and both of you were backed by the most powerful and ancient lores of Mars. It was time to decide who ruled the Beast, and who would be ground beneath the hooves.

Your eye implant and ring finger - Fabiyan’s gift - both ignited the air, the plasma creating a wave of flame in front and around the blast wave. Your eye was aimed at the other Magi, who took the impact full on their Luminen shields, the area around her flaring orange in the heat of your blast. Your ring flare hit the aquarium behind the wall of your enemy, your rival, your mentor, and the Krieg opened fire as well, lasguns flaring in their incandescence.

The container wall had shuddered at the first blast, but the rapid fire of the Krieg broke it - hundreds of brains spilling out in a vast wave, shrieking their torment and deaths as they hit the deck, splattering into so much meat and liquid. Your grotesque stopped shuddering, but still remained curled in a ball, the coward. Your commlink lit up with orders: <Psykers online>.

Your reply was instant. <Limosa, take half and clear the engines, then find me. Edourd, reclaim the recyclers.>
You were fairly sure you could hear his maniacal laughter, even here, kilometers away. Someday you might have to do something about him.

Kiera looked at you disappointedly, almost exasperated. Her voice was hoarse with the effort of speaking manually. “Really? Decades of research, years of growth, and you destroy it like that? You are the techno-barbarian we left behind.”
Your voice was a growl. “You talk to me of destruction? How many hundreds of thousands did your Heretek kill? This has torn the ship apart, money wasted, lives wasted and for what? What possible reason would you have to tear the Beast asunder?"
She looked at you with startled eyes. “For Knowledge, of course. The Dregs are easily replaceable, you did so yourself last year. But look at what my research has created!”
“Heresies best left behind. The Omnissiah spoke of such things.”
She shrugged, her machine bulk shifting. “The Omnissiah hasn’t spoken in ten thousand years. We make our own way now.”
“You would tear us apart again, join the Dark Mechanicus?”
“I would rebuild us, Ohone.”
“First rebuild my loving ship.” Your Krieger opened up once again at your hand gesture, lasrifles carving great holes out of the Rak’gul. They screamed hideously, leapt over the open ground, even as the Krieg fired a steady volley.

What do you do?

Redly
Aug 17, 2014

Meep! ^_^

LowellDND posted:

What do you do?

Invite her to tea and crumpets with Athena
Why torture or coerce when we can simply welcome her to the fold? ^_^

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

:negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative:

invite her to help us out with athena

Please don't kill my waifu

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I have a new project for you, it's call Athena

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Finish securing the engines and neutralizing the threat.

If we need a new Magos, we can get one on Mars. This one has outlived her usefulness.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

LowellDND posted:

The Shining

What do you do?

MORTAL KOMBAAAAT Time to use those siege drills on her face.

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
Put her in the attic with DeVires.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

sniper4625 posted:

Finish securing the engines and neutralizing the threat.

If we need a new Magos, we can get one on Mars. This one has outlived her usefulness.

this

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
All traitors and Hereteks, whether they be Magos or Athena will have to be put down.
Finish destroying the Magos and Rak’gul, gran anything of interest, and then reclaim the rest of the ship

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Holy poo poo do not introduce it to Athena; its Biologis, useless for our eventual apotheosis to a new Machine God our studies with Athena. Shoot it in the face and torso until it dies.

Tiki Powers
Jul 19, 2005
If your friendship can survive this, your not playing dirty enough
Kill her and her spawn
She is biologis. That helps us little with Athena.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
Athena sounds like the best plan

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
BRAIN IN JAR.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
:commissar:

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

"Introduce her to Athena. Make her bend the knee to you."

If we want to remake the Federation of Mars, we'll need people to think outside the box. However, we cannot allow any challenges to our authority.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Shogeton posted:

"Introduce her to Athena. Make her bend the knee to you."

If we want to remake the Federation of Mars, we'll need people to think outside the box. However, we cannot allow any challenges to our authority.

Make Athena bend the knee? We killed her sister for that.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Grognan posted:

Make Athena bend the knee? We killed her sister for that.

What? Of course not. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant make the Magos bend the knee. Binary is a way better language for this.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Athena is our waifu and we aren't sharing.

The idiot we're currently dealing with created a psyker abomination, enslaved some xenos, and tried to murder us. The last thing we want is for her to taint Athena with xenos crap or turn her against us. Our long distance relationship is strained as it is without introducing any more drama into the mix.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I still don't get why you guys wants us to be lowly servants to a piece of Heretek, one who has done nothing for us. If we have to deal with Athena it should at least be her serving at our whim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Don't tell her about Athena, she's a Biologis who would probably try to graft Tyranid poo poo to her again.