Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
There's not much to choose from

Husbando
Limosa
Edourd
Devrie's-chemically-controlled-brain-in-a-box-in-a-simulated-environment
Random Kreiger #87763 (it's good to get an alternative perspective)
Dwarf
Mom
Winterswijk
Jeb
Caroline

Keep Devries. He is no longer a threat and we control every aspect of his existance. He is the only person to totally and utter beat us. We lost, he is better than us and we can use that mind.

If he figures out the simulation it hardly matters. He's totally hosed and he will know it. Have his brain box modified so that he can only interact with us. He has no friends, no tech knowledge and no way for anyone to even know he's alive. His existence is a dead end with nothing to look forward to but small releases of chemicals, the nature of which depend on the quality of his input. If we die he dies is put back in the racks with a permanent pain setting for eternity.

There is duty even in death.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

sniper4625 posted:

Fabiyan, Edourd, Limosa, Mom, Caroline & The Dwarf

With a member of the Iron Hands. Wake the ranking tech-deacon and start repairing the ship

Grognan fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jun 26, 2015

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Fabiyan, Edourd, Limosa, Mom, Jeb, Winterswjik (also; give her a medal), Devries, The Dwarf, A representative of the Tribes and one from the Iron Hands should all be in our HQ

Our Innermost circle should be Fabiyan, Edourd, Mom, Winterswijk and Jeb.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Speaking of which, does anyone else feel like apologizing to Mom for our brusque treatment of her when we first met? "Sorry Mom, not my fault, I didn't have a soul then."

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Can we make a stop on Krieg before we get to Mars? I think we might need Husbando's full allotment of troops. 2,000,000 Kriegers could map this place out pretty good...

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

The Files

The machine-spirit was a compliant thing - or perhaps just waiting for you. Layers of files lay open for you, locations of machine shrines and rituals, documentation on items in the sequester, contact list for deals with Ultramar, personnel dossiers, implant and subliminal codes - everything you need to be the Magos.

One file is locked with magos level crypto and your DNA profile. You looked at it thoughtfully, then ran all the scans you could think on it. Even some simulated modules of the files, but it seemed perfectly safe. After some consideration and a few other tests, you finally went through with it. The Magos looked out from the screen back at you.

“My dearest Ohone. If you are reading this, you have won our struggle. For that, I salute you! In the manner of the Great Race, you are encouraged to now devour my brain. Not literally, of course - we aren’t barbarians - but figuratively. This file, secured to you, is my brain.

“When we first learned of the Tyranids, my sister and I were fascinated. We resolved to learn as much as we could, and to use their knowledge for the betterment of our species. Their ferocity, their adaptability! The perfect race.

“My sister took to cellular, tissue, and organ transplants, from their species to ours. It is an unfortunate irony that that was one of their primary methods of replication - instead of using their strengths, augmented reflexes, augmented senses, she simply recreated the species we know as Genestealers, with herself as Matriarch. You saw the results of that on Golgotha.

“I went a different route. The Tyranid race has a fascinating with psykers, and the Warp. I wondered how they did it. I took to taking Dregs and removing their brains, segment by segment, trying to discover what powered the pysker gene. It took decades, and the Dregs swore vengeance on me. Amacita, for one, although her ambition always exceeded her skill.

“And I found it. I found the segment that powered psykers, and I learned how to replicate it. The tyranids have a shadow on the warp, and a hive mind, built of all their component parts. I started to grow psyker tissues in conglomerate - the vat of brains that you saw earlier. I built their most powerful strength, with human tissue. A human hive mind. A human shadow on the warp.

“I know you must consider this the most vile xenotek. I beg you, don’t destroy these notes. Use them if you would, sequester them if you must, but please, do not destroy my Path of Knowledge. Use it to further your own. Take the strengths of the xeno, and make it your own.

“With my highest regards.
“Magos Kiera Desparrois”

Chimera creature files:

Rak’gul clone template
Rak’gul gretchen chimera
Rak’gul damork chimera
Rak’gul squiggoth chimera
Ork genestealer chimera
Human Shadow On the Warp
Transgenic blasphemies
Homoculites

Human/Ork/Rakgol/Damork/Genestealer/Psider chimera (tag: dangerous)

Heretical gear

Stryxis technology
Yu’vath technology
Rak’gul technology
Research notes: Obliterator
Chaos happy good fun time (with a bit of warp) xeno spine in stasis chamber

Contact information
Red Schola, Footfall
Samech the Hellforge
Empyric Engineers, Calixis
Logicians, Calixis

Loel fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 26, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
A fully customized, refitted space hulk filled with nothing but Kreigers, Fanatically loyal militants and all the technological bullshittery we can devise with full remote access?

We could make it look like a decrepit poo poo heap and invite orks/pirates/etc for boarding parties.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Human/Ork/Rakgol/Damork/Genestealer/Psider chimera (tag: dangerous) - Guess we figured out what happened to Matty.

Also relevant:

Samech the Hellforge posted:

Samech - The former Adeptus Mechanicus domain of Samech stands as a dire warning of weakness, for its lords were not sufficiently strong of will or spirit to rein in those powers they were forced to utilise when their world was cut off from the Emperor's grace by Warp Storm activity. Some would take their example as a warning against consulting forbidden archives in time of need, others against doing so without having taken the proper precautions. During the region's Age of Shadows, when Warp Storms cut the Jericho Reach off from an Imperium preoccupied with more pressing concerns, world after world fell to darkness and disorder in a slow descent that marked the once proud Imperial sector's collapse into decay. For many planets, the fall was a slow one, a mere footnote for later Imperial scholars to document as the sector became a lawless Reach. However, for one planet there is an occurrence that the Adeptus Mechanicus will let none forget, when what was once a firm bastion of the Cult Mechanicus treacherously fired upon a formally recognised Explorator fleet. For followers of the Machine God, this simple act is a declaration of utter rebellion for Samech, and enough for them to forever seek its destruction. The truth was far worse, for the Omnissiah's light had been slowly dimming on the Forge World for some centuries before the infamous event. When the Hadex Anomaly consumed the world in Warp energies many Terran years later, the forges were ready to seek out the Ruinous Powers to further their own aims, as well as alien races and archeotech sources previously prohibited by Mars. Samech now stands as the main source of armaments used against the Imperial forces in the Acheros Salient of the Jericho Reach, creating profane combinations of authorized Imperial technologies, unconsecrated archeotech, unholy creations of Chaos, and even the inhuman workings of the xenos. These abominations represent the real nature of Samech -- a world where nothing is forbidden when it will garner influence and stature, of brokers willing to deal with anyone or anything as long as payment is made, of agents ever searching for undiscovered technologies to exploit. There is no morality other than the ruthless quest for power and survival in the war-torn Jericho Reach

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Hey, speaking of which:

When we get a moment, Lowell, can we check out that ship the Orks were trying to get into?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Keep the data!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Waci posted:

Keep the data!

Noooooo. Purge that poo poo.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Oh, and skulls. We have thousands and thousands of skulls ready for processing. We should have hundreds of skulls patrolling the ship on random patrols and thousands and thousands of skulls jam packed into a bunch of containers and drop ships. If we need to search a city it should take hours not weeks.

Keep the data! Destroying data is worse than book burning.

Edit: And turn the more powerful xenos corpses into servitors.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 26, 2015

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Keep it.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Purge the chaos stuff (it never ends well), keep the rest.

Outrail posted:

Oh, and skulls. We have thousands and thousands of skulls ready for processing. We should have hundreds of skulls patrolling the ship on random patrols and thousands and thousands of skulls jam packed into a bunch of containers and drop ships. If we need to search a city it should take hours not weeks.

Keep the data! Destroying data is worse than book burning.

Also, cyberskull fleet

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Yeah, at the very least, the chaos stuff needs to go. An instant death sentence should anyone in the AdMec find it, and more importantly, Husbando would never approve. :(

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Purge the chaos stuff, keep the rest.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Install the happy good funtimes spine!

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The chaos stuff needs to go, but there is no need to delete the data about chimeras or technology.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Waci posted:

... It would fit.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Waci posted:

:stare:

:commissar:

Happy Good Funtimes sounds awfully...Slaaneshi

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Xeno is cool, chaos is just boring.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
[/b]Purge Chaos[/b]

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Rename Random Kreiger #87763 (it's good to get an alternative perspective) to Gerald, and make him wear a top hat at council meetings

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Waci posted:

this :D

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
So it seems that Olympus intel is secure or no?

As importantly, where is Amacita?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Rename Random Kreiger #87763 (it's good to get an alternative perspective) to Gerald, and make him wear a top hat at council meetings

Teach him to smile and make him memorize three jokes and we have ourselves a diplomat.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Over all his gear though. But fitted to be worn on top of his helmet.

Edit: Also, weld a monocle to his gasmask.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
There are many things that can be forgiven as long as you are powerful enough, not everyone minds you dealing Eldar or similar races, but messing with Chaos is a big no no. As interesting as a Chaos campaign would be, it would mean going in a completely different direction, and avoid having half the ship try to murder us, including the ten space marines.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Fabiyan x x x x x, x x
Limosa x x x x x, x x
Edourd x x x x x, x x
Dwarf x x x x x, x x
Mom x x x x x, x
Winterswijk x x x x x,
Jeb x x x x x,
Devries x x x x
Caroline x x x
Iron Hands x x x
Tribes x
Krieger x
Astri x
Issac x
Kill Devries x

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Oasx posted:

There are many things that can be forgiven as long as you are powerful enough, not everyone minds you dealing Eldar or similar races, but messing with Chaos is a big no no. As interesting as a Chaos campaign would be, it would mean going in a completely different direction, and avoid having half the ship try to murder us, including the ten space marines.

Also remember the quite touching update where Fabiyan tenderly promised to put one in our skull if we ever fell.

Devries should no more be in our retinue than the old Lord Sire in the attic. A tool, nothing more.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

So right now, I have 'Tell About Athena' for Fabian, Limosa, Edourd, Dwarf, and maybe Mom, Winter, and Jeb. Yes?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

LowellDND posted:

So right now, I have 'Tell About Athena' for Fabian, Limosa, Edourd, Dwarf, and maybe Mom, Winter, and Jeb. Yes?

That seems about right.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Like all thins Spacehulk, seal it away with orders to the next Lord Sire that if these things return, this will help. Purge local copies, seal the records and hide them away.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I must have the memory of a goldfish, but who are Winterswijk & Jeb, and in what situation did we meet our mom, and is she anything but a civilian?

I would only tell Fabiyan about Athena at first, just to get an idea of how the others will react.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Sogol posted:

So it seems that Olympus intel is secure or no?

As importantly, where is Amacita?

Olympus may or may not be secure info. The Magos did find out about it from Mat, but it's unknown what she did with that information.

Amacita is off being mildly irritating and completely ineffectual as always. Put up a ship wide notice that a dreg has a cold and drop a net over her when she shows up with a handkerchief.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Oasx posted:

I must have the memory of a goldfish, but who are Winterswijk & Jeb, and in what situation did we meet our mom, and is she anything but a civilian?

Witherswilk is your Seneschal and managed to keep the Drusians fed during Arc 4. Jeb is the rocket guy from the race, as well as the Colonel of your Penal Unit.

Your mom is one of the best spymasters in the sector.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I am a NO on telling anyone about Athena at present. We do not know. What can we tell from the files since we are looking for that very specifically? We are a Magos and Inquisitor on our own ship. We should be able to tell more definitively with our skill set. Then we can determine whether and/or who to tell.

Though nice to have a circumstance for Fabs to ascend, I also don't think we would have freaked out that way.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Bring husbando, your mom, Eduard, Limosa, Caroline, the leader of the Iron Hands and the dwarf in on the Athena/what's at stake talk. After that inner circle meeting we bring in whatever other relevant bits of the beast leadership to get this thing up and running and back to Titan/Mars ASAP.

Keep the chimera creature files long enough to glean anything we could use for non-heretical purposes, then purge. Maybe his Rak'gol with mechanicus implants data will give us insight into making our super skitariiegers. This magos was really good at what it did and we could use this for making our humans better humans, without dipping into heresy. Probably.

Purge the Yu'vath and Rak'gul tech. That stuff does not play well with humanity.

Keep the Stryxis tech.

read the obliterator notes (know thy enemy) then purge.

Talk to the Iron Hand about the apparently perfectly benign spine. Can we use our techsorcist abilities and lore checks to figure it out? I feel like we should run it by the Iron Hands before we junk it. I Want To Know More.

Keep the contact info so we know where to call down the nukes. :getin:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Let's have that date slice of life :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
They all sounds cool, bring them along!