Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I figure if we're trying to continue along the supertech line, it's eventually going to involve sending humans in to explore the Warp by possessing Daemons.

I figured a metastable sword meant you just need to give it a good hard shove before it blows up. Stab. Same thing. Huh. Maybe that's how Tzeentchian Inferno Bolts work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I'm reading a lot of people complaining that our awesome CYOA isn't sufficiently amazing. I'm going to have to roll my eyes and politely disagree, since it's pretty amazing, and pretty damned amazing for free

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Volmarias posted:

I'm reading a lot of people complaining that our awesome CYOA isn't sufficiently amazing. I'm going to have to roll my eyes and politely disagree, since it's pretty amazing, and pretty damned amazing for free

I think we're poking at the official setting, not the DM.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Outrail posted:

I think we're poking at the official setting, not the DM.

I'm poking at the DM.

Where is the pony you promised Ohone as a kid, Lowell? WHERE IS OUR PONY?! :bahgawd:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Slaan posted:

I'm poking at the DM.

Where is the pony you promised Ohone as a kid, Lowell? WHERE IS OUR PONY?! :bahgawd:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657951&pagenumber=9#post434115136

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Anticheese posted:

What does the full scale of all the Imperium's fleets even look like? :suspense:
It remind me of some 4x space game in the biggest map setting and only one enemy left hiding in his last planet while I control the whole galaxy; I decide to go all out and order every single ship to flew into that planet. :beerpal:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

A dog and a human minus brains plus rockets does not a pony make :colbert:

It needs sparkles and a tail to be a pony :sparkles:

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Rockopolis posted:

I figure if we're trying to continue along the supertech line, it's eventually going to involve sending humans in to explore the Warp by possessing Daemons.

I figured a metastable sword meant you just need to give it a good hard shove before it blows up. Stab. Same thing. Huh. Maybe that's how Tzeentchian Inferno Bolts work.

Dark Mechanicus doesn't have much in the way of RPG weapons that are particularly original, but there are some fun things the forces of chaos get to have:

Q'Sal Soul Cannon

quote:

Frightening to look upon, and even more terrifying when seen in action, Q’Sal Soul Cannons are custom crafted warp weapons. Most of what makes up the Soul Cannon appears to be quite ordinary—it has a wide barrel, a simple trigger mechanism, and several handholds—but the rest of it acts as a form of grotesque harness, with a series of metallic cords or tentacles wrapping around the user’s shoulders and mid-section, converging at the base of the wielder’s spine. These cords are always handmade, and are designed to fit the body shape of one specific user. Whenever the weapon’s trigger is pulled, these cords seem to come alive, writhing and glowing with a sickly blue inner light. The Soul Cannon is fuelled by a psychically warded container that houses the essence of the gun’s previous victims. Each time the weapon is fired, it lets out a tortured shriek as one of the stored souls is crushed and projected outwards in a bolt of warp lightning. Those not incinerated instantly are often set alight, and the Soul Cannon itself seems to feed on the death and destruction it causes. The monstrous harness is even capable of drawing power from its own user, although this can be fatal as the owner of the Soul Cannon’s essence is ripped from his body to feed the gun’s blasphemous operation. The Soul Cannon can never be reloaded. Instead, for every 10 points of Damage it causes, or for every target it kills, it gains one more shot. In use against Hordes, it gains one shot every time it reduces the Horde’s Magnitide by 5 or when the Horde is destroyed. This cannot exceed the maximum Clip Size of 10. If the cannon ever runs out of ammo, the wielder can either choose to wait for it to recharge, which requires an area of intense warp activity (such as deep within the Vortex) and one hour per shot recharged, or they can fuel the weapon with their own essence. The wielder takes a Difficult (–10) Willpower Test and the Soul Cannon regains a single shot. If the Test is failed, the wielder suffers 1d5 temporary Willpower damage for each Degree of Failure. Soul Cannons are custom made and the original owner never needs to be Braced to use the weapon.

Prismatic amulet

quote:

These mysterious prisms are worn around the neck or fastened to the chest. The amulet does more than simply break light apart though—it is capable of splitting reality itself. Those that attack the wielder often find their shots fractured and refracted, as they bend around the wielder and dissipate as though they never existed. It is said that to have a Prismatic Amulet is to have the favour of Tzeentch, and that those that challenge the wearer often find themselves at the mercy of the Lord of Magic. If the Prismatic Amulet ever overloads, the attacker responsible for causing the overload automatically suffers 2d10 Energy Damage (reduced by their Willpower Bonus, not Toughness Bonus or Armour) as the judgement of Tzeentch falls upon them. A Prismatic Amulet only functions when the
owning character also possesses the Mark of Tzeentch.

or Callophean Psy-Engines, one of which we happened to run into during our encounter with the Magos.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Sorries about not having vote posts for a bit. I need to map out the three big arcs (golgotha, agatha’s world, darkness), and I’m still kind of disoriented from the fireworks. So flavor text week it is!

Slice of Life LVII

The Lord-Sire hadn’t specified who, precisely, was going to go looking for Amacita. She had sketched a few plans, sure, but the implementation was … rather up in the air. Her predecessor had designated troubleshooters, who also doubled as the pool of potential heirs, but Magos Ohone seemed determined to live forever. Which was quite reasonable, in Tech-Priest Theta’s opinion, but it meant that the role of ‘mid-level professional’ was rather vacant.

Tech-Priest Theta had decided to step up and show her what he was made of. So to speak.

He had found an amenable Commissar - who went by the name of Keydae - and they went to work. Gathered up a bunch of eager young Kriegers - better than servitors, even! and away they went. The Lord-Sire had suggested several plans, including bait and cages and other such things, but Theta knew that wasn’t really what a Tech-Priest was about. Keydae had supported the idea of … well, experimental augments, and who were the Kriegers to say no?

Which is why he had a dozen Kriegers in the lab, getting some glandular adjustments and retinae inserts. The glands were straight from Magos Kiera’s notes, and purported to give the ability to overcome the xeno-artifact. And the inserts would display whatever they saw on a screen, hallucinations included. Theta wasn’t quite sure how paranoia would affect the Kriegers, but there was one easy way to find out!

… Better put trackers in them, too. Just in case.

And then it was just zipping them up. Keydae had watched with interest - apparently she had taken some Medicae courses as her electives, and was always happy to watch another professional at work. Not that Theta was a Magos Biologis, or anything. Just… enthusiastic. His mechadendrites shifted nervously, and she eyed them. Working with unaugmented humans was … strange, and he wondered if she would be amenable to an augment or two. Maybe a voice box, to make her sound more to her True Form.

Still, thoughts for another day. The Krieg were up and about, and patrolling down hallways like they were born to it. Such pleasing efficiency.

They both watched the screens carefully, until the Krieger slowed down, confused. It looked like the hallucinations were kicking in. Or the additional senses. Who could say?

The walls for kilometers of interior halls, in every kind of paint, in every kind of blood;

help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help me help m

Hm. That was interesting.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

As noted in the previous post, we are out of mid-tier troubleshooters. (The previous batch is either dead or in the privy council).

So! While I'm doing the week of SoLs, Im having a contest for troubleshooters. Think about Ohone in Arc 1-2, that's what we're going with.
Name, picture, backstory, personality, whatever. Encouraged but not necessary to be Family, troubleshooters traditionally become your heir.

And away we go!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I really want to submit a character based off of Julian the Apostate. Can Ohone find it in her heart to hire someone who's a social reformer and a self-described radical?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

RandomPauI posted:

I really want to submit a character based off of Julian the Apostate. Can Ohone find it in her heart to hire someone who's a social reformer and a self-described radical?

Well, she is a Recongregationist. But she's also crazy authortarian/heirarchial everyone in their place. So you'll have to thread that needle.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LowellDND posted:

As noted in the previous post, we are out of mid-tier troubleshooters. (The previous batch is either dead or in the privy council).

So! While I'm doing the week of SoLs, Im having a contest for troubleshooters. Think about Ohone in Arc 1-2, that's what we're going with.
Name, picture, backstory, personality, whatever. Encouraged but not necessary to be Family, troubleshooters traditionally become your heir.

And away we go!

Lowell the Archivist.
Producer of popular ship-wide entertainment, enlisted due to his surprising ability to make something amazing out of an unmitigated disaster. Good at thinking on his feet.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
In broad strokes, I'm picturing a commissar who's the second to last of his line. A perfectly competent commander whose fond of theology, poetry, and whose secret beliefs about the social order and the nature of the emperor border on heretical. He'd look like this.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Ohone's coped with her grief as well as she can. I think she's ready to patch another little hole in her heart and move on.
Take the Puppies! Talent and get a new cyber-Mastiff.

Gigabyte the Wonder Dog. Give it Cerebral Enhancements, or BONE'EAD surgery, so it's smart enough to fight crime. Also good with children, if Ohone ever has time to build any. In a pinch, use it as a reserve heir, a threat to other potential claimants.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Loosely:

Picture
Name
Description
Personality
Skill set
Why did Ohone choose you?

Edit: The troubleshooters are going to be in the pool for Designated Heir, just like you were, so they will be playing games with each other in the background. This may or may not go well for them.

Loel fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 8, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

BACKGROUND ANALYSIS

The first son of a rather prominent branch of the Family (in fact, the closest genetic relatives to the Lord Sire before Fredrik Di Muzio), Fredrik Di Muzio II was born with great expectations thrust upon his shoulders. You can tell simply by his name. He was born too young to succeed De Muzio directly, for he would not finish his schooling until decades into the Lord Sire's reign, and others would have made inroads by then. But they made it clear to him as he grew up that he was the hope for the Branch.

As he developed through his childhood, young Fredrik 2, privately referred to as the Little-Sire (a nickname which has plagued him through adulthood) seemed unequal to the tasks put before him. He did not appear to have any psyker abilities, or any natural affinity with machines. He did not even appear to have any particular mundane affinities either. He was rubbish at mock-battle, failed at the simulated plots and schemes his parents put him through. Rather than being the hope for the branch, the presumptuously named Fredrik looked like he would be its downfall.

Their efforts at personal tutelage failed, Fredrik's family sent him off to a Schola, expecting more disappointing news of failure. The reports they received were... mixed. Fredrik seemed completely unengaged in his work, and did not fare well in one-on-one assessments. But in terms of his overall work, it seemed to be of abnormally high quality. The reason for this was soon uncovered: he was turning in copies of other student's work. After being disciplined for this, his work didn't suffer in the least, oddly enough. Until, several months later, the reason for this was discovered as well: after analyzing the handwriting from his work, it was found that it tended to be shifting rather abruptly from one submission to the next. After asking some questions, it was found that now, whoever Fredrik copied off of simply didn't turn in their work that day. After being told he was on his last strike, his work continued to be amongst the best in the class, and this time, if he was cheating, no flaw could be found in it and no one would speak of it. Postscript: The child who informed on Fredrik vanished a couple weeks later. He was never found. Fredrik Di Muzio II returned to the Beast after it landed on Footfall.

FINDINGS

We project that the Family may be underestimating Fredrik II's utility. While he has not displayed any particular martial aptitudes, his background while at the Schola seems to hint at a force of personality, an ability to either convince or intimidate others into thinking his way and assisting him. The ways he has used this skill have been disappointing thus far: it seems he may have forged a personal crime syndicate within the Schola solely to get out of work. If we can find something to motivate him, this talent could be put to use.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Sebastian Cavendish

Servants of the family are meant to be discrete. When one dies, they are replaced and forgotten. A life of servitude is an admirable thing among them and loyalty paramount. Cavendish has been a model servant. He was known among his colleagues for his infinite patience, undying loyalty, and near supernatural ability to find a creative solution for whatever impossible task was set out for him.

Having been steeped in the Family's affairs for so long, he has not only learned many secrets, but many skills as well. Rarely are nobles accused of being reasonable, but Cavendish's were particularly adventurous. They had a taste for the forbidden and often sent him on errands to retrieve this or that either by directly negotiating with outside traders or with intermediaries in the deep. Not merely well versed in etiquette and various languages, Cavendish quickly picked up a particular set of skills necessary to negotiate or deal with the thugs, cheats, and xenos he was exposed to. Though preferring to resolve things with a mild mannered demeanor, he was always prepared for the alternative.

Cavendish had but one weakness and that was his affection for his mentor who raised him since he was a boy and taught him everything. When Woodhouse died, it was a heavy blow. He had been trying to get him to quit abusing drugs time and again, but to no avail. Blaming himself, he chose to vanish. While he hid in the deeps, he saw drug dealers taking advantage of others, the violence of the gangs, and the dregs being crushed with no one helping them. He soon began putting his set of skills to use as well as developing new ones. Donning a costume to disguise his identity from the various cameras around the ship, he began a campaign of terror against the criminal underworld. Given the size of the Beast, he didn't make a dent in the overall power structure, but the part of the deck he occupied was considered an oasis amid a desert of villainy.

He grew to hate Devries more than anyone else, since he organized the gangs to stop fighting each other and focus on the dregs. He had almost lost hope until Ohone managed to free the people and clean up the ship in one fell swoop. Her desire for order and reverence for those that died at her side filled him with awe. With the resurrection of St. Fabiyan, all self doubt had been removed from Cavendish and he felt he should volunteer his services.

Personality:
Occasional witty remark / mild exasperated sarcasm, but dutifully follows orders no matter how ridiculous.

Skills:
Mostly social skills, sneaking, agility, some basic weaponry skill, demolitions/booby traps. I'm thinking Batman + Punisher + Butler.

Ohone:
Ohone fondly recalled Woodhouse, has always placed a premium on talent, and has never been one for being conventional

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
If people were reading my criticism of Ohone neglecting profit and systems of profit (for whatever reasons) as a criticism of the game itself, my apologies. Not my intent or point. The game, direction, writing and pace are fantastic. It was about Ohone the Lord-Sire. I was not looking for some other sort of update or advocating for some long profit based story arc that I myself would probably not enjoy as thoroughly as I have been enjoying the previous and current arcs.

One thing that the Imperial Fleet does in addition to fighting Tyranid expansion and such is guard shipping lanes and merchant activity isn't it? We could for instance buy the contracts for as much of the non-navy capacity capable of running security and then rent them out to the most vulnerable/profitable trade enterprises. We could be seen to be doing this as a service to the stability of the Empire during crisis. Those trade enterprises would likely be hiring them anyway where possible, but we have the advantage of Promethean foresight in this matter and can claim benevolent intent and service in the act of organizing risk mitigation during the Golgotha crisis. It might have other side benefits as well as profit itself, both on terms of para-military network and trade network.

We might be able to put a trouble shooter on that, though I am not sure what they would look like.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Name: Thog da Repentad

Description: Ogryn Priest Bone 'ed

Personality: Cheerful, think Metal-lady and Da Saint are funny, he loves da Emprah!

Skillset: Bashing things, rabble rousing, being holy

Thog was left on Footfall because he forgot to get back on his ship. The people and Arbites there called him dumb and bad for forgetting to go back. But then some Drusians saw him and saw that he liked the Emperor like they did! They said the Emprah would love Thog again if he joined them. When the Drusians went onto the ship, so did Thog!

Thog learned many things from the Drusians. He learned how to make other Emperor lovers love the Emperor more and go into battle by leading the charge! Drusians like to follow him after he squished lots of bad things in the fighting because he loves the Emprah. The Saint even saw him squish a bunch of bad things one time.

Thog knows how to make the bad men and aliens go squish! He likes Metal Lady because she loves the Saint and Thog Really Loves the Saint! Thog thinks the Saint is funny because his hat is funny and so he Loves the Saint!

code:
Target: Thog, Bone'ed, Drusian Priest

Functions: Bodyguard, Drusian leader, Potential anti-Chaos/Xeno skills (stupidity, faith)

So, basically he is a Drusian Ogryn. So he's good at smashing demons & psykers and has good connections with the Church, especially the Drusian sect.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Character Submission

Picture

Name
Julian Constantinian II

Description
Julian is a commissar and the last of a line that’s mostly been extinguished by conflict within the family.

Julian was mostly raised by an aunt in a spartan lifestyle; time not spent on duties or self-improvement was time misspent. Identifying with fellow nobility after spending so much time separated from their way of life proved difficult for Julian. He chose to enter commissar school once he turned 18 so he could more easily affiliate with those lower on the social ladder.

Julian excels at being a Commissar. By the standards of the day he is just and merciful. But when executions are necessary he is always the executioner. He believes if people are going to die for their crimes at his orders they should also die by his hands. His honesty caused two scuffles with two of the more corrupt Commissars but mysteriously wound up beheaded.

Julian has not so secret beliefs that the nobility must enrich the lives of the dregs not just for the good of the dregs, but for the good of the ship and the empire. He also believes drastic measures like human sacrifice may be necessary to revive the emperor. In short, he is generally accepting of unorthodox interpretations of the imperial creed.

Personality
Julian uses direct words and takes direct actions. He’s devoted to living an ascetic lifestyle dominated by work and self-betterment. His calm demeanor keeps his strong emotions hidden to the world. While Julian's beliefs may clash with those of other nobles he respects his place in the nobility and the obligations that brings.

Skill set
Talented with swords
A fountain of knowledge with a memory like an elephant
Gets people to follow his orders using rhetoric, politics, and violence (in that order).
Writes decent poetry
Knows when to show mercy and when to perform a beheading.
Trusted by people lower in the social order.

Ohone choose Julian as someone who could earn the trust of the Drusians and the grunts on-board The Beast. She felt she could trust him because of how he personally dealt with corruption.

Buddy Cop
Fredrik, but he should pair well with any noble who's determined to act the part.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jul 10, 2015

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Slaan posted:

Name: Thog da Repentad

Hell yes!

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Knoxie is a Greycloak that miraculously managed to not only NOT die defending the bridge during the Magos’s failed coup, but saved a Family member whose importance was elevated significantly by the sudden bodycount while doing it. Was brought into the Family shortly after the bodies were recycled.

Already extremely loyal to the Family, Knoxie threw himself into the worship of Living Saint Fabiyan with a legitimate zeal... he figures it'll either take the Family's connections or the Emperor's own intercession as these flashes of insight and sudden warning whispers continue to pop up. Knoxie's low grade(?) latent psyker abilities – some kind of precog/plot armor/luck bullshit that helps him be in the right place at the right time, combat or other-wise – surfaced during the fighting on the bridge, saving himself in a series of unlikely combat maneuvers before he suddenly collapsed due to the human shadow on the warp… on top of the aforementioned Family member that later had him married in.

A good soldier that doesn't know how to do a great deal else, he has earnestly served the Family for a lifetime before suddenly finding himself on the inside looking out. He’s still driven by that hypno-conditioned love of the Family that’s taken him in, AND the sincere belief that he needs to make himself very useful very fast before what are apparently psyker abilities come to light. God-Emperor help him.

Name: Jonn "Knoxie" Knox

Description: Athletic, "large" for a void born which is still under average height. Long ropy limbs, muscular but compact. Not handsome.

Personality: Earnest and friendly personality that he unblinkingly buries when it’s time to commit ultraviolence for the Family or in combat. Reasonably “good” person that suddenly has to deal with the high likelihood that he’ll end up on the Black Ships unless he’s very useful to the Lord-Sire, or cured by Living Saint Fabiyan, or both, or …?

Skill set:
  • Excellent shootyman with experience leading Greycloaks into combat.
  • Disarming personality coupled with not being a Kreiger/church-member/tech-priest could be useful on or off the Beast when something needs to get done without a lot of fanfare or overt clout.
  • Low likelihood of ever being an actual threat to the throne… right?
  • Low-level psyker abilities related to precognition/luck/some bullshit that lands him right-side up in combat and sometimes helps him find that right place at the right time. Probably not yet known by others.

Why did Ohone choose you:
  • The non-[huge power structure on the ship] background gives him that “outsider” perspective she seems to find appealing in her paranoid hierarchical approach to things lately (like Astin De Merode)
  • Being a new addition to the Family with a lifetime of Greycloak loyalty conditioning means he’s probably can’t/won’t make a power play due to lack of personal ability and resources
  • bae caught me slippin Found him fervently praying to Fabiyan in a Family-only shrine in a serendipitous moment that made all the above click that had absolutely NOTHING to do with bullshit luck-related latent psyker abilities.

bio | discovery | black ship 1 | black ship 2 | to terra | SANCTIONING | training 1 | training 2 | training 3 | limosa | eduard | coward

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 1, 2016

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Callista Stroncaster was a sacrifice by Lord Aric Stroncaster to Imperial service. What better way to show one's devotion to the God Emperor than by giving over one's flesh and blood to serve him? That the infant Callista also happened to be his recently deceased elder brother's only surviving child and heir, and that her disappearance into one Adeptus or another conveniently cleared the way for him and his children to seize the Stroncaster title? Well, the Emperor moves in mysterious ways.

Having proven herself able to use polymorphine, ruthless enough to survive the training, and flexible enough to succeed at her first mission, Callista would likely have lived and died a brief but productive life as a Callidus Assassin, a blade striking down the foes of the Emperor. However, over the last few years a strange set of "coincidences" have deralied her life. First, after a successful mission murdering a renegade Imperial Guard Colonel, Callista returned to her recovery site to find her handler and support team were all dead, slain by shuriken weapons. Her backup exfiltration point had been destroyed in some sort of massive explosion, while her tertiary escape route appeared never to have existed in the first place.

Despite this, Callista trusted in her training and her skills, and managed to get off world...only to discover that someone had used a vortex weapon on her home temple. Moving to the sector capital, she watched from orbit as it was destroyed in an Exterminatus called by a certain Inquisitor who owed the Eldar favors.

That's when the new mission came in. Bearing the proper codes if not the identity of whomever was commissioning it, Callista was assigned to take the place...of Callista Stroncaster, heir to a minor noble family aboard The Beast of Tral Traal. It was her duty to rise through the ranks and become a viable heir to the Lord Sire. She was to use every resource available to her and her mission was to be considered of indefinite duration. Once she arrived, she set to work. The chaos on The Beast provided excellent cover for a series of murders that reclaimed her stolen title. Now styled Lady Stroncaster, Callista is bending her family's resources and her own considerable skills towards becoming the new heir to the Lord-Sireship.

Callista, as a Callidus Assassin, barely has a personality of her own. Indeed, were she ever "off-duty" she would get along well with the Kriegers. Under the guise of "Callista Stroncaster", however, she is every bit the entitled, spoiled, but deadly capable lost noble returned home that she seems to be.

Trained as an Imperial Assasin, Callista is deadly with most weapons, but especially so with the weapons of her temple, a Neural Shredder and a Phase Sword. Use of Polymorphine allows her shapeshifting abilities, but lacking temple support means that her supply is limited and it is only to be used for the most critical missions or direst of emergencies. Even without the drug, Callista is a consummate actress and is capable of blending into any social situation. She is equally at home at a noble's soiree or digging through the muck for a scrap of protein with the Dregs. She also has the, now somewhat reduced, resources of House Stroncaster at her disposal.

She came to Ohone's attention when she entered a digital passcode that translated into "A parting gift from the Hall of Mirrors."

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jul 8, 2015

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Rockopolis posted:

Ohone's coped with her grief as well as she can. I think she's ready to patch another little hole in her heart and move on.
Take the Puppies! Talent and get a new cyber-Mastiff.

Gigabyte the Wonder Dog. Give it Cerebral Enhancements, or BONE'EAD surgery, so it's smart enough to fight crime. Also good with children, if Ohone ever has time to build any. In a pinch, use it as a reserve heir, a threat to other potential claimants.

Slice of Life MCLVI

Lord-Sire Snarls Barkley II, first of his name and well aware of the misleading nomenclature there, stared at the sweating fringe trader before him. Since the previous Lord-Sire had reintroduced complete STCs to the Imperium, the focus of any profit-generating enterprise was on procuring the most unique and storied of objects. The wretch before him was sitting on a goldmine of ancient art and scripture, but was exceptionally reluctant to take the very generous terms offered.

"I-" The man choked up, squirming and fidgeting in the ornate chair. He had been sweating the whole time - both the artifact cyber-eye left to him by his progenitor, and his own innate sense of smell confirmed that - but had otherwise maintained his composure until this moment. "I just can't freaking believe this! This is the biggest drat farce in the universe!" He blurted out, letting out a great bellow of laughter. Lord-Sire Barkley stared patiently and impassively throughout this display, growing more displeased with every lung full of ship's air turned into an insult. "I'm sorry. I'm done!" The trade official managed after several minutes of uncontrolled laughter.

A loud crack of las-fire echoed around the generously appointed negotiating room. The laughing man's body slumped to the table, slowly cooling brains leaking out of the hole in his forehead. The Lord-Sire jumped off his chair and walked off towards the door, eye still glowing from the las discharge. He glared up at a Krieger standing guard by the door, and shook his head back at the corpse.

"Dispose of him. He made-the-face-that-makes-the-profit-factor-drop."

sorry

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

:allears:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Me pick me

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
If we get access to every STC then money probably won't even exist any more, thus no need to make a profit. So something good might actually come out of this.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Iosef Milosovich

Iosef is a young baseline human male who stands at average height and has dark hair, grey eyes, and average looks.

Polite, curious, singularly focused, utterly terrifying. Likes to talk about the latest academic theories and new ways to do things. Mostly interested in access to new information and proving himself right (or at least not wrong).

Skill set:
-Historian
-Persuasive debater
-Skilled Investigator/Researcher
-Extremely deadly hand to hand fighter
-Good with a variety of small arms
-Broad but shallow technical skills

Iosef first came to the Lord-Sire's attention when the internal security feeds caught him arguing over an esoteric detail of the Imperial Creed with three Dregs in a shop. After the argument concluded (firmly Iosef's favor, he would argue), weapons were drawn and Iosef killed his erstwhile verbal opponents with a data slate. He then convinced the responding contingent of guards that, no really, it was all in self-defense, and shouldn't they have gotten there quicker?

You see, Iosef came from a world famous for its respected educational establishments that had a very unusual feature. All of its residents were 1)Willing to argue about anything and 2)Incredibly well armed. This meant that many a rigorous academic debate would result in assassinations, coups, raids, and the occasional small scale war. If you were to get Iosef incredibly drunk, you would learn that around the time he was petitioning to join the faculty and earning his second black belt (a signifier of scholarly-martial accomplishment whose origin has been lost to time), he wrote a paper that allegedly implicated one of the world's most powerful noble families in a millenia long scheme of war crimes and grade fixing. It was at this point that Iosef felt it would be a simply wonderful idea to travel the rest of the Imperium in search of data that supported his many, many theories and not return home for a very very long time. He boarded The Beast at Agatha's world, hoping to learn more about the regionally famous space hulk turned Rogue Trader's ship.

Back to the present, and Iosef is sitting in the offices of a Grey Guards commander in a state of either arrest or aggrieved petition, no one was really quite sure which.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

What would have been and more like what is.

Max Brod

Max is apparently a project from the previous Lord-Sire. The Iron Hands requested a Librarian. Max is a lesser family member, but a family member nonetheless and showed psyker tendencies at a young age. He was sent away to study the oral traditions of the Space Wolves. Something happened. The details are deeply redacted. Well into his training as a Codicier Max was dismissed and radically moved. Dismissal is usually accompanied by the recruit dying in some horrific psychic disaster, daemonic possession or other normal event of Librarian training. Whatever happened it was bad, but much to the surprise of the Iron Hands apparently he survived.

Without consultation with the Beast or the Iron Hands, Max was transferred to the Adeptus Administratum. It is unknown why this radical move was made or at who's behest. Apparently Max was assigned to the Logis Strategos. He disappeared from sight and it is believed that the move was punitive in nature, though this is not known for certain.

During the recent run up to the Iron Hands activity they were able to locate and arrange for him to be recalled to the ship. His return to the ship was not noticed amidst all the sweeping events. With the Iron Hands occupied and no specific assignment as of yet Max has been spending time exploring the new configuration of the ship and the history of the now defunct Explorer's Guild. It is believed that he will be able to function in the basic role of an historian for the Iron Hands, though this is somewhat unorthodox and it is unclear whether he can play a combat role as would be traditional.

Max is extremely introverted and if not for the early evidence of psyker ability would have probably been more suited to be an Explorator. He has no social or political skills whatsoever. However he has the basic physical requirements needed to have been entered into the Space Marine training for a Librarian. He passed and survived the first stages of his training as a Librarian. He has developed all the mnemonic skills and many of the combat skills required by the oral traditions of the Space Wolves and put those to use in unique ways as in the Logis Strategos. Max is at this point unable to forget, which is more of a curse than a blessing and he is haunted by something that happened during his initial training as if it were still happening. This is both balanced and complicated by his combination of psyker ability and analytic capability.

Max's unique skill set came to Ohone's attention as she was rebuilding the ship, though he almost went unnoticed.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 8, 2015

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Can we vote?

I vote for Throg.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

ElrondHubbard posted:

Sebastian Cavendish

Awesome.

Anticheese posted:

Lord-Sire Snarls Barkley II

Even more awesome!

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I vote for Throg.

Well obviously. But I'd really like all of these to be around. Especially Woodhouse Jr.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

I plan to grab 6-8, probably, and go through them in the traditional Darwinian fashion.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Description:
Ambitious to a fault, Raul M. Oxenforth is a (former) Catachan Commisar - now Mercenary, who excels at achieving victories thought otherwise impossible via incredibly reckless and lethal full on assaults.
Tired of being bound by the rules of the Imperial Guard, he took his best squad of action-heroes and sold their services as mercenaries to the highest bidder.

Personality:
Incredibly ambitious I mean, stupidly so.
Ruthless
Well educated
Very intelligent
Gets the Job Done whatever it takes, as long as it benefits him in some way

Skill set:
Tactics and Leadership
Mid-level Psyker
Trained as a Commissar on Catachan, knows everything there is to know about high-octane action related explosions.

Will be a great asset with any war-related efforts.
Comes pre-equipped with a crack squad of elite Catachan soldiers.
Better have him around to point at the enemy than the other way around?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
For you, the day Oxenforth graced your thread was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Slice of Life LVIII

You sat sullenly in the nest you had built for yourself. A few rags and cloths, stolen from the dead. You didn’t wash particularly often, a combination of self-loathing and denied access. Entree of the day! Space rat. Yay. God-Emperor have mercy, but you hoped you had better luck in the next life, because this one sucked. Every now and then pilgrims came by and kicked you, but at least they weren’t lighting your nest on fire. Yet.

You sure heard a lot of praise for the new regime, Iron Maiden this and Living-Saint this. So much bullshit, in your opinion. You had met the Iron Maiden a few times, and she was as much of a bitch as anyone else on this damned ship. Everyone in the universe hated each other, and you in particular, and you hated them back just as much.

Uh-oh. Krieg coming down the line. Best to make yourself scarce. On other ships, on other worlds, the Gendarmerie and the Arbites would beat you half to death, maybe try to light you on fire for a bit of fun. You weren’t sure what the Krieg would do, but weren’t eager to try it out. You had seen them use blister grenades for the most casual of blasphemies, and you had no interest in having your skinned chemically flayed.

gently caress. They saw you. Freeze, don’t threaten. They are coming up to you. One of them reaches for their belt. You nearly run right there, sure you are about to get blistered. It’s… a scrap of paper? You look at it, confused.

quote:

[ ] Guardsman

[ ] Auxiliary

[ ] Support

You guessed they were asking your purpose? You weren’t a guardsman, and you weren’t sure how they would treat ‘Support’. Might remove your organs for later transplants, or something. And you had met the Iron Maiden a few times. You marked ‘Auxiliary’, and looked hopefully up at them.

Advance. Seek cover. Weapon ready. Anticipate the attack.

Breaches known. Watch the walls. Watch the ceilings. Watch the floors.

Other patrols. Other Krieg. Gasmasks and lasguns. Constant vigilance. Complacency kills.

New cult. Worship the General. Find redemption. Find solace. Find forgiveness.

Pilgrims aboard ship. Lack NBC protections. They will be the first to die.

Isolated person. Threat? Target? Infected? Advance. Seek cover.

Examine. No weapon. No danger. Question.

Person identifies as ‘auxiliary’. Auxiliary lacks equipment. Bring to quartermaster. Equip.

Auxiliary has ‘wrongness’ to them. Perhaps sickness. Auxiliary will die soon.

Auxiliary will find redemption. Auxiliary will find forgiveness.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Poor Blank. Not his fault he's a soulless abomination.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
In my head Lord Sire Ohone loves every single krieg as much as she would her own child. Little hive minded robot death machine men, god they are wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Arkanomen posted:

In my head Lord Sire Ohone loves every single krieg as much as she would her own child. Little hive minded robot death machine men, god they are wonderful.

They really are my favorite :3: