Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I don't know this is but shoot them. Our future is the pure future of the Omnisiaah. The new civilization must uninstall the old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

LowellDND posted:

Oh yeah, that’s the stuff :D

It's Eldar all the way down, fuckos!

Arkanomen posted:

I don't know this is but shoot them.

But if we shoot Ohone we'll burn a fate point. :unsmigghh:

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 13, 2015

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

LowellDND posted:

And if you failed, a civilization not worth contemplating; an eternal darkness, of metalline boots and omnicidal annihilation.

I would just like to point out how it is literally impossible to determine whether this refers to necrons or Ohone's death cult. :allears:

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Tran posted:

I would just like to point out how it is literally impossible to determine whether this refers to necrons or Ohone's death cult. :allears:

Why not both? :unsmigghh:

Once we deal with Slaanesh and the traitorous Eldar, we theoretically can have several more acts worth of fun to see it play out.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Assuming Lowell has infinite patience, the 40k cannon does have a nearly bottomless supply of ridiculously powerful threats for us to systematically defeat and/or get nuked by.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Ralith posted:

Assuming Lowell has infinite patience, the 40k cannon does have a nearly bottomless supply of ridiculously powerful threats for us to systematically defeat and/or get nuked by.

:allears:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
This is why we need a giant space gun that's designed to shoot peaceful vibes and goodwill towards Man at warp entities.

And bullets at tyranids.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Todays music: Noldor/Dead Winter Reigns by Blind Guardian, followed by Tattered Banners and Bloody Flags by Amon Amarth

Tribulations

There was lightning in your veins. You could feel it pulsing through you, the vibrations of the Most Holy God-Emperor’s will. You could feel the sparks of it, see it on your breath, static columns webbing between your fingertips. You didn’t need your implants, your weapons. You were a weapon. You had been chosen, and it was time.

Did Fabiyan feel like this, all the time? Was this what it was to be Sainted?

You thought you could see through his eyes, through him. See his psychic presence, a tower of Faith, a bulwark and stronghold against the Enemies of Man. Around him, the Sisters, the guardsmen - lesser presences, but no less devout. They would be the first line of defense against those that would fight you - black and deformed things, soulless - the Devoured. You cut through them with a purity and fierceness that reminded you of the glorious sympatico of Iron Hands.

Every step you took was as if known for centuries, a dance routine learned and rehearsed long ago. The enemy couldn’t see you, couldn’t touch you, and you danced among them as a shadow. Even this paltry place, buildings crafted of Imperial make on the ruins of dead Eldar, you knew as if it was your own self. And you knew even this awareness was a fragment of what was to come.

Your cadre followed your lead, although you could feel their confusion at your expertise. The words of the xeno flowed from your lips, opening ancient chambers, passcodes and sigils. You found the hidden places, where even some of the humans had lay in wait, and you cut them down. You knew where you were going - the armoury, the sacred place, where your destiny awaited.

You didn’t feel tiredness, didn’t feel hunger, didn’t feel thirst. Not that you had for many months, being composed of the silicon that was the Omnissiah image, but even your batteries and fluidics reported full support. Your cadre followed, worn out, exhausted, and you lashed them ever forward, telling them of the God-Emperor’s will, of the need for urgency, the need to save this world. They would follow or they would fall.

A great door, gilded and built of wraithbone. Your heart sung at the sight of it.

Ancient memories flickered through your brain, ancient journeys and trials. You had been here long ago, and this was the place of your ending, your beginning. You had been told of this time, this place. Your destiny, your triumph against the horror that was She Who Thirsts. A place of weapons, long hidden, for this moment. Everything that was you urged you forth, to enter the place and take up the Sword. A voice that was not your own, spoken in ancient tongue.

“I am the Young King….”

Do you enter the armoury?
Yes
No

Loel fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 13, 2015

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

YES

Sour Blossom
Apr 21, 2005
L O L 6 6
Very yes.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Yes and punch the voice in the name of the Emperor. "I am the right hand of the Omnisaah, and this is his other right hand. There is only one king and he smiles upon us from his throne. Step aside pretender!"

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 13, 2015

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

When someone asks if you are a God you say yes.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Provisionally Yes

The Young King never survives. They are a sacrifice, to bring forth Kaela Mensha Khaine's avatar by ramming a shard of his ever burning flesh into their own heart.

So loot the place, but touch nothing ourselves. Maybe take a few lingering photographs of the sword to piss off our passenger.

e: And for the love of god get Edourd to take this freeloader out of our head when we're done. Don't trust Limosa with it, he's in a little too deep with the Eldar and might just leave it in.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 13, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
YESSSSSSSSSS

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
No. We cannot under any circumstances enter that room. Instead we will send Fabiyan in to recover a very special blade.

We need his faith and incorruptibility to handle the immensely powerful artifact inside. Our eldar companion is the Young King, the sacrifice to Khaine. His purpose is to give his body to the essence of Khaine trapped inside a fragment of the Wailing Doom. While we don't particularly want to give up our body to a xeno deity of incredible power and bloodlust, the fragment itself is an anti-chaos weapon of such magnitude as many inquisitors would spend their entire lives searching for. Embed the fragment in Fabiyan's hammer, and we'll have a weapon that can kill Abraxus outright. Not disperse, not weaken, kill.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Tran posted:

No. We cannot under any circumstances enter that room. Instead we will send Fabiyan in to recover a very special blade.

We need his faith and incorruptibility to handle the immensely powerful artifact inside. Our eldar companion is the Young King, the sacrifice to Khaine. His purpose is to give his body to the essence of Khaine trapped inside a fragment of the Wailing Doom. While we don't particularly want to give up our body to a xeno deity of incredible power and bloodlust, the fragment itself is an anti-chaos weapon of such magnitude as many inquisitors would spend their entire lives searching for. Embed the fragment in Fabiyan's hammer, and we'll have a weapon that can kill Abraxus outright. Not disperse, not weaken, kill.

Seems reasonable.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Isn't it basically just extra-spicy Chaos chow, though, given the history of the Eldar?

Listen to "Iron Man". It's totally us.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Tell the voice to save the drama for someone who cares and send in some people to loot the place for goodies.

If we start listening to this whiny Eldar, we're going to be here for an eternity, listening to cryptic flowery bullshit. He can either be direct and to the point or he can be silent.

I feel we've learned from our nuclear experience and will naturally be sending other, expendable people in to do things for us from now on as SOP. Fabiyan, while not expendable, is ideal for grabbing any powerful artifacts, so he can join in this time.

ElrondHubbard fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 13, 2015

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tran posted:

Backing this

This whole thing is a ritual that will sacrifice us to summon an Avatar of the Eldar war god. IT WILL KILL US

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Is this is how you write on Amon Armoth and Blind Guardian I want to see what comes if you listen to Van Canto.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

There Bias Two posted:

Backing this

This whole thing is a ritual that will sacrifice us to summon an Avatar of the Eldar war god. IT WILL KILL US

That is...troubling.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Is this is how you write on Amon Armoth and Blind Guardian I want to see what comes if you listen to Van Canto.

Van Canto is excellent. :D

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Tran posted:

I'm not up to speed on the whole king Khaine thing, but this sounds like the sort of power hungry refuse to follow and subvert the rules even the ones we don't know Ohone I've come to fear.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

sniper4625 posted:

That is...troubling.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Eldanesh

See Ritual of the Young King.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Tran posted:

This sounds... prudent.

edit: if anyone offers us dominion over the entire universe in the next 15 mintutes, accept the offer

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 13, 2015

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Plan Tran

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
OH, OH, I PLAYED THIS PART OF DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION. We make Morrigan do it.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

This is a really convincing post.

Tran posted:

This is ALSO a really convincing post. And I'm going to vote for this because there are a bunch of really exciting outcomes. 1) Nothing happens, 2) Fabiyan really doubles down on that anti-chaos thing, 3) Fabiyan goes super saiyan but also gets infected with Eldar Bullshit and we lose the one compass point we have in the miserable mechanical thing Ohone calls a life, or 4) Anything Else. We can't lose!

A thought: it would OWN if we are Eldar Ohone's "her" that we have to stop. :)

e: If Fabiyan can't enter because he's already filled to the brim with the holy spirit, I am in favor of going "lol k" and goose-stepping into the vault. Posts for the post god, plot for the plot throne.

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 13, 2015

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

:agreed:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
When did we get an Eldar in our head?

Tran plan

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Oasx posted:

When did we get an Eldar in our head?

Tran plan

Could be that soul stone we're carrying around for no reason whatsoever.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
When we brought the soulstone from Golgotha and got hit with a psyker attack here. Plan Tran and give Husbando the soulstone so he can feed it to the Shard. KHAINE warhammer GOOOOOOO.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

We used the soulstone to transfer our own soul across time, as well as Fabiyan's. That would be the most likely window for having our elfy passenger hitch a ride.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Only possible correct answer.

Oddly enough, also the only possible correct answer to "Do you want to borrow my Titan?"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Maybe we can talk it out. Ok, I'll give you one of my minions to possess and you can go do your eldar thing AND give you this planet back AND help you make another time movie, and in return you have to help me cream a Slaneshi demon psyker. Dealio?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I AM SO CONFUSED!

P L A N T R A N

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

...yes

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

If it hadn't been for the nuke I would have totally voted yes, but with things as they are I'm going to go with:

Tran posted:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Ohone can handle anything yes do the thing

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Tran posted:

Changing to this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Plan Tran. Khaine's screaming, molten bloody hand combined with a living Saint? gently caress knows what'll happen but it'll be super metal.

Tell Husbando what's happening though.