Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Khaela Mensha Khaine is a punkass lil bitch and I am sorely disappointed that you guys are even contemplating this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
If you're going Xenos-tech, do it right; Make it a Power Fist, Vox Operated, then. Not a sword.

Give Husbando the Burning Finger to destroy the Dark Gorgon.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Maybe we end up sending Fabiyan in first to clean up shop then we can waltz in and take the powerup ourselves.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Khaela Mensha Khaine is a punkass lil bitch and I am sorely disappointed that you guys are even contemplating this

What? Nabbing one of his shards, using science on it to make it work for us, killing a demon with it, then keeping it as a souvenir?

The Eldar might have some minor complaints about this, but we've decided they're jerks who probably don't want us to have nice things and conquer the universe, so they can go write brooding poetry about it somewhere else if they don't like it.

ElrondHubbard fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Aug 13, 2015

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

ElrondHubbard posted:

What? Nabbing one of his shards, using science on it to make it work for us, killing a demon with it, then keeping it as a souvenir?

The Eldar might have some minor complaints about this, but we've decided they're jerks who probably don't want us to have nice things and conquer the universe, so they can go write brooding poetry about it somewhere else if they don't like it.

Yeah uh even running the risk of it mutating us into one of the puniest of summoned monsters ain't worth it

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah uh even running the risk of it mutating us into one of the puniest of summoned monsters ain't worth it

That's what our husbando is for. Him being a living saint means that probably won't happen. Probably...

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Aren't you the one who was complaining about the Felinids being too "inhuman"?
You know what, gently caress it, I can compromise.
Use the Felinids. Make Khaela Mensha Cait

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Rockopolis posted:

Aren't you the one who was complaining about the Felinids being too "inhuman"?
You know what, gently caress it, I can compromise.
Use the Felinids. Make Khaela Mensha Cait

Anything but this.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
YES!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Dude, this isn't Chaos we're talking about, we wont end up being a Spawn.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Outrail posted:

Anything but this.

:catstare:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Even Eldar don't deserve to be tainted so horribly.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Waci posted:

Dude, this isn't Chaos we're talking about, we wont end up being a Spawn.

Pick up the Sword and the exarch in our soulstone will call on the avatar to infest us.

Yeah I'd rather not have anything to do with the false god who got punked by Slaanesh. Now if this was the avatar of the Emperor however....

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Pick up the Sword and the exarch in our soulstone will call on the avatar to infest us.

Yeah I'd rather not have anything to do with the false god who got punked by Slaanesh. Now if this was the avatar of the Emperor however....

The entire point of this exercise, if you had been paying attention, Lanky Coconut Tree is for us not to touch the sword.

(entire class goes "ooooooh")

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

*texts Fabiyan*

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Outrail posted:

Even Eldar don't deserve to be tainted so horribly.

I mean, they are Xenos that have caused the deaths of trillions of humans over the millenia, but...

:agreed:

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Y'gotta admit, tho, there ain't no surer way to derail Eldar fuckery than by throwing catgirls at 'em.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Which pair would we give the sword to? Unwilling test subjects or feline cops? I'd say unwilling test subjects as a way to continue the test subject trend.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

RandomPauI posted:

Which pair would we give the sword to? Unwilling test subjects or feline cops? I'd say unwilling test subjects as a way to continue the test subject trend.
This is something we shouldn't gently caress around with and should have our most qualified people try to contain immediately. That means Fabiyan, unfortunately.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Enter the armory :colbert:

The Eldar in the soulstone will sacrifice itself. Not us.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Nononono. Don't give the sword to Fabiyan, he's already effectively the avatar of the Emperor. Take it ourself. Become the avatar of Khaela Mensha Khaine, and ally with the eldar (literally being the avatar of one of their gods should help) against the real enemy. Then we can go double team Slaanesh with Fabiyan. Slaanesh punked Khaine and it's not like the Imperium is doing a lot fo succeeding either, but we could at least locally turn the situation from a free for all to a team match instead, and since it would be us and Fabiyan doing the divine avatar -ing we'd have the ~power of love~ on our side or something. This is the holiday arc beach episode goddammit, we can do a corny scene or two.

Also Lowell said it would be easier for him to write if we did it like that, so just play along, ok?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Waci posted:

Nononono. Don't give the sword to Fabiyan, he's already effectively the avatar of the Emperor. Take it ourself. Become the avatar of Khaela Mensha Khaine, and ally with the eldar (literally being the avatar of one of their gods should help) against the real enemy. Then we can go double team Slaanesh with Fabiyan. Slaanesh punked Khaine and it's not like the Imperium is doing a lot fo succeeding either, but we could at least locally turn the situation from a free for all to a team match instead, and since it would be us and Fabiyan doing the divine avatar -ing we'd have the ~power of love~ on our side or something. This is the holiday arc beach episode goddammit, we can do a corny scene or two.

Also Lowell said it would be easier for him to write if we did it like that, so just play along, ok?

changing my vote from Plan Tran to plan power couple.

VVV if you can't beat them, use them as a bludgeon against your other, nastier foe. Alternatively, the enemy of my enemy is my rage-fueled metal avatar of death. VVV

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Aug 13, 2015

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
Major powers refusing to work together/sabotaging eachother is the sort of thing that keeps the 40k world from ever improving. This is an opportunity to change that, with the strength of Khaine and the strength of the Emperor working in concert.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Switching to plan power couple

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Won' t there be issues if one part of the power couple is a gigantic molten demon, whose only purpose is to kill enemies of the Eldar? I am all for further allying ourselves with our Eldar brothers and sisters, i am just saying there will be a few problems to solve.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Oasx posted:

Won' t there be issues if one part of the power couple is a gigantic molten demon, whose only purpose is to kill enemies of the Eldar?

I heard an interesting little snippet on Morning Edition before work about how dating websites don't do much to introduce people to folks that are different in meaningful and exciting ways. Sometimes shaking things up can lead to great relationships!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Eh, humans aren't really enemies of the eldar in the same way chaos and necrons and tyranids are, so I'm sure we can end up in a situation where the best way for the god-fragment (which I would like to emphasise is just a fragment, not the whole Khaine assuming direct control over us) to get what it wants is to not attempt to assume direct control over the metal avatar of war and anger Ohone.

Remember, the single-mindedness is usual, but it's also what happens when the host is already single-mindedly devoted to the point where they can't even really change their methods any more (Avatars of Khaine tend to be aspect warrior exarchs, ie eldar who have been on a specific militant Path for so long they've gotten stuck on it and can't do the usual eldar thing of changing fields every now and then due to having become excessively focused).

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

poor life choice posted:

I heard an interesting little snippet on Morning Edition before work about how dating websites don't do much to introduce people to folks that are different in meaningful and exciting ways. Sometimes shaking things up can lead to great relationships!

Hmmm, that is a good point.

Switching to plan Power Couple

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Plan Power Couple

Xun fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 13, 2015

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Plan Tran, which, as I understand, is letting the emperor's power contain any xeno fuckery. Like, if it were a human god or machine (cough, Athena), it would be perfectally acceptable to become its avatar, but this is poncy Eldar bullshit, and doesn't deserve to have a living avatar of it.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

sullat posted:

Plan Tran, which, as I understand, is letting the emperor's power contain any xeno fuckery. Like, if it were a human god or machine (cough, Athena), it would be perfectally acceptable to become its avatar, but this is poncy Eldar bullshit, and doesn't deserve to have a living avatar of it.

Well, I guess to be fair, the vote is "we go in the door" or "Fabiyan goes in the door" and then we all have wild hopes about how that plays out.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

poor life choice posted:

Well, I guess to be fair, the vote is "we go in the door" or "Fabiyan goes in the door" and then we all have wild hopes about how that plays out.
And spoilers inferred from Lowell's comments :ssh:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

yes 14
sour blossom
ark
bb rod
wiegieman
nyaa
ego trip
hihio
shadeoses
waci
ralith
poor life choice
random
oasx
xun

send fabian 13
tran
sniper
elrond
there bias
outrail
JT
slaan
grognan
paragon
sheep
toughy
van sandman
sullat

use cats
rockopolis

call god-emperor
lanky

Hmmm....

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
send Fabio

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Since there's a tie why not have us both go in at once?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Works for me. Post shortly.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

By request, today’s music is Van Canto

Realizations

The ancient door crumbled before you as if it had been waiting for your presence. A barricade millennia in the making, hidden in the depths of a paradise world - undiscovered even as the animals strode above it, and built their cities. This was your destiny, your fate - the sacrifice of your soul for the reincarnation of Khaine the Bloody-Handed. And next to you, a similar martyr - a sacrifice to his own god, eternally dying on Terra.

This was not the vault you had described to your host - a pitiful armoury, she thought she would use it against She Who Thirsts. No indeed - you had guided her ever so subtly to the heart of things, the World Spirit. Normally, bringing them to this place would be the most Anathema, something worth surrendering to the Fallen to avoid. But the Seers had been quite strict in their orders - bring the mon-keighs here, and reach the Wailing Doom. The weapon that would devour your soul, and fuel the Avatar of your god.

The vault was a hundred meters high, kilometers long and wide - a cavernous world of wraithbone, grown into the very crust of the planet itself. Technologies undreamed of on Terra murmured to themselves, still continuing their ancient tasks. Through them, around them - the World-Spirit, what was called the Infinity Circuit. A thousand thousand souls of Eldar, dreaming their way through kilometers of machinery that was art, art that was machine. That which the animals had named a ‘demon-engine’, in their ignorance.

It was from here that Paradise was maintained. And it was here that you would find the serpent, and cut it down with a sword of fire.

You paused, even as your companions fell in behind you. That was … an odd thought. A human one. Who were you? Your mind reached for descriptors, even as the machines burst in front of you, Eldar souls howling into the blackness. A figure of unholy light, sickly and radiant, floating in perfect beauty. Its face distended in a cavernous maw, gluttonously devouring them.

A flash of a thought flickered through your/your mind. Seers could be deceived, and you were the only one who could open this place. . .

Loel fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 18, 2015

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Welp.

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011
See, this is why real inquisitors just exterminatus everything. They're basically all just Twitch from AGP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

LowellDND posted:

A flash of a thought flickered through your/your mind. Seers could be deceived, and you were the only one who could open this place. . .
*Ohone flips the table, shouting "Exactly as planned!" before using the Eldar soul to, uh, win. Riiiiight?*