Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011

mepstein73 posted:

If this is Mother's memory... shouldn't there be a Psyder somewhere? This was the one thing keeping her trapped, if you recall. Let's find the memory-Psyder and get knitting. Fight Mother with her own nightmare, made real in sacred binary.

Also, if we encounter any Subsixers' souls that have been taken here as part of Mother's psyche, didn't she technically tell them to be loyal to us? They should turn on her based on her own orders. Just a thought.

e: To clarify, if we find Tanya here, we should also rescue her soul. Just on principle. :)
ee: To further clarify, I'd missed that last post before posting. I'm gonna say we seek out the Psyder still, and make a net of web to drag the souls out of Mother's mind. Then suffer not the heretic, the xeno, the psyker to live. That said, good on them possessing our oldest foe! Makes it easier to kill them both.

This!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Shoot her. Then knit. Find some eldar on the Path of Knitting to help us.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
If Mother could put Tanya in any body it stands to reason she could plug herself into Tanya as a malevolent-rear end hitchhiker, not unlike that Eldar did to us at some point. Sorry, Mother. No deal. Eduard_stop_Her_here.txt.

Try to find a memory-psyder and also, maybe, wrestle a little plot loose as to how and why Mother was trapped at the bottom of a dark hole by a malevolent anti-psyker(?) xeno(?) creature. Might be our last chance to learn more about that situation. Could be awesome to see its surrealistic memories of that mess.

I do like to believe Mother absorbed Abraxus, though. :shobon: Good ol' human ingenuity snuffing out/absorbing a Chaos daemon and taking its place.

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 19, 2015

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

There is precedent for this sort of thing, by the way. A Slaaneshi daemon prince captured and drained the power of three greater daemons purely by force of ego, and Slaanesh thought it was hilarious and elevated her.

That said, the people who can do this still need to be cleansed and purged with extreme prejudice.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Bullets cost ammo. Gather all your enemies in one place, set them against each other, then shell the remainder. We can wipe out a psyker/memetic threat, a chaos deamon and an entire craft world of filthy Xeno souls in one fell swoop. It's perfect, almost as if someone planned this...

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Nyaa posted:

Can we take advantage of the time travel properties of the wetway to connect all eldar soul and infinity circuits of the past (and future if necessary), and funnel them all to help with that god ritual they were doing?

if we have a farseer in our army or can communicate with one in the past, we might be able to work out a equivalent of Eldar Emperor for them.

Again, why would the Eldar help a bunch of Mon'keigh like that? And what do we gain by helping the Eldar birth their god of the dead and fulfilling their ultimate gambit, setting up a win condition for them?

Also, kill the gently caress out of Mother. Sorry Tanya, you're dead. We have already grieved for your loss, and will grieve some more in private after this, but it has to be done.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Oh yeah, I'm reasonably certain Mother probably did eat Abraxus or suborn it - but I'm also certain Mother needs to be annihilated.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
If that were really Tanya she'd be trying to shoot her way out of this shitshow right about now. gently caress off and die.

Continue firing

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Faces

“A show of good faith, you said.”
“Yup. We aren’t your enemy, Ohone.”
“Thing is… I don’t want her.”
She blinked in surprise. “What?”
“Tanya is dead. My friend is dead. How dare you wear her face?” Your plasma blast took off her head, leaving a body bisected at the chest. You walked over to the body, stepping on the weeping faces of Eldar as you did so. “I will not negotiate with the Great Enemy. There will be no truce.”

The body didn’t respond, and you didn’t really expect it to. Instead, you began walking to the other side of the city, the path you had done so long ago. You consciously ignored visiting Mother’s old house - this entire realm was inside her head, so one place was as much good as any other.

There was one thing you wanted to see, however. If this was inside Gorgon’s mind, then what were the foundations? The unconscious fears and desires that drove it? This city, of course - her prison for all the generations of the Sub-sixers. She had slowly gone insane there, devouring other psykers as some sort of sick spider, buried beneath the earth.

If this was her prison… what were her guards?

And so you advanced up the elevator shaft, jet-pack and wings making an easy go of it. The previous levels went by in a flash, things that had taken days of travel last time. You saw where Tanya had shown you the small garrison and you had collected some of your first skulls. You saw the place where you shot the cowards of the HQ company. And you saw the old memorial, warning you of Mother. You were tempted to see if the inscription had changed, but decided against it. You were here for something else.

Kilometers of coiled webbing, a thinking beast spread over an arena of neural tissue. The guardian who had kept Mother trapped below, by happenstance or fortunate planning. Were the psiders put here because she was too dangerous? Or did she become dangerous by being trapped by them? You wondered what they would say, these nightmares of Mother’s mind.

Your augmented eyes pierced the blackness easily - you had come a long way in the years since you had been here last. You could see the great psider, sitting sullen on a hill of skulls. Its ecology came to you in a flash - the devouring of explorers, processing their neural tissue for its own use. A species so dangerous and other, that even an insane Alpha class psyker couldn’t fight it.

The psider shifted its great weight, and looked down at you. You saw your own face looking at you, blinking with gleaming golden eyes.

“Hello, Ohone.”

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Okay this is just Chaos bullshit all the way down. It's clearly not going to work. Only one thing we can do.

Bleach

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

Arkanomen posted:

Okay this is just Chaos bullshit all the way down. It's clearly not going to work. Only one thing we can do.

Bleach

Woah, hold up there. Gather more intel. It's here for a reason; ascertain reason first, THEN bleach.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

"Hello, Abraxus. Are you trapped here?"

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Golden Eyes, still daemon. SHOOT IT

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
"Holy gently caress, a talking spider! Say, you wouldn't happen to be interested in some juicy psyker bits, would you?"

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
No, the enemy lies. Even stopping to listen dooms you. Bleach it Ohone, BLEACH IT ALL!

Cleanse this place. Xenos and Psykers and Demons. UNCLEAN!!!

We should have melted this planet to slag long ago.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

mepstein73 posted:

Woah, hold up there. Gather more intel. It's here for a reason; ascertain reason first, THEN bleach.

I guess I vote for figuring out the most plausible angle for trying to separate the entities. e: combined they are more than the sum of their parts, so let's undo that.

Also, food for thought: Abraxus is "just" a daemon, Mother is a weird, unique and terrifying psyker entity that is powerful enough to make us at least CONSIDER it as powerful enough to merge with, rather than be eaten by, a daemon. All that's to say if we eventually have to prioritize killing one before trying to end the other I vote for snuffing out Mother first.

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Aug 20, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

poor life choice posted:

I guess I vote for figuring out the most plausible angle for trying to separate the entities. e: combined they are more than the sum of their parts, so let's undo that.

Also, food for thought: Abraxus is "just" a daemon, Mother is a weird, unique and terrifying psyker entity that is powerful enough to make us at least CONSIDER it as powerful enough to merge with, rather than be eaten by, a daemon. All that's to say if we eventually have to prioritize killing one before trying to end the other I vote for snuffing out Mother first.

I think freeing Abraxas would be the better idea.

The demon is trapped and being used by mother. Lets untrap the demon which takes away from Mother's power and enters a third (or fith or sixth) player, one that will undoubtedly hate mother more than us. Once we've dealt with a weakened mother we can deal with the demon.

The demon is just a demon, mother is the real threat.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Would exterminatus even work on something this powerful?

Regardless, set everything on fire.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

paragon1 posted:

Nope, this might be our best shot at hurting it.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

paragon1 posted:

Regardless, set everything on fire.

No. It would destroy the infinity circuit, rendering the souls vulnerable to Slaanesh, and defeat the purpose of our mission (to deny the Great Enemy its strength).

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
This is my new vote.

gently caress this, we're taking our toys and leaving:
1) use the eldar souls to try to wear a psychic hole in Gorgon, a weak spot for Fabiyan to strike. I'm fuzzy on how this works but the rules are made up and the points don't matter, so let's think that the Eldar souls can influence "reality" in that way.
2) Fabiyan strikes at that spot
3) Gorgon pops like a balloon, or is weakened and has to break into its separate pieces, or something. I hope.
4) We can suddenly, comparatively mop up against a super psyker and a regular ol' daemon. Once we're outside Gorgon, and Gorgon isn't a thing anymore, we can go back to using that super awesome grey goo swarm to jack it up.

I like this plan because it saves the infinity circuit, henceforth known as Circuit City, and also doesn't involve summoning another daemon inside Gorgon or whatever oh my god IRC stop. It also involves no longer being inside a daemon, which in hindsight was not exactly a position of strength. Let's leverage there hopefully not being as much literal or metaphorical armor from the inside of this thing and paint a big ol' X for Fabiyan, a psychic call for Exterminatus in the form of our husband using a big ol' sword.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Okay here's a better plan.

1. Modify Mother's Memetic Hazard to something like "Serve Ohone. She is Mother."
2. Infect all the Eldar souls with it
3. Make a deal with Abraxus. All the souls for our safe passage
4. Call in Anna and ask her to send in her own Greater Deamon for the free souls.
5. Get Fab's de-posssed and get the hell off this planet.
6. Quarantine the planet but leave some servitors or something to tell us when the deamons are leashed to our control
7. GET OUR rear end TO MARS

gently caress this psychic bullshit, we got an AI to serve.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Arkanomen posted:

Okay here's a better plan.

1. Modify Mother's Memetic Hazard to something like "Serve Ohone. She is Mother."
2. Infect all the Eldar souls with it
3. Make a deal with Abraxus. All the souls for our safe passage
4. Call in Anna and ask her to send in her own Greater Deamon for the free souls.
5. Get Fab's de-posssed and get the hell off this planet.
6. Quarantine the planet but leave some servitors or something to tell us when the deamons are leashed to our control
7. GET OUR rear end TO MARS

gently caress this psychic bullshit, we got an AI to serve.

gently caress NO

poor life choice posted:

This is my new vote.

1) use the eldar souls to try to wear a psychic hole in Gorgon, a weak spot for Fabiyan to strike. I'm fuzzy on how this works but the rules are made up and the points don't matter, so let's think that the Eldar souls can influence "reality" in that way.
3) Gorgon pops like a balloon, or is weakened and has to break into its separate pieces, or something. I hope.
4) We can suddenly, comparatively mop up against a super psyker and a regular ol' daemon. Once we're outside Gorgon, and Gorgon isn't a thing anymore, we can go back to using that super awesome grey goo swarm to jack it up.

I like this plan because it saves the infinity circuit, henceforth known as Circuit City, and also doesn't involve summoning another daemon inside Gorgon or whatever oh my god IRC stop. It also involves no longer being inside a daemon, which in hindsight was not exactly a position of strength. Let's leverage there hopefully not being as much literal or metaphorical armor from the inside of this thing and paint a big ol' X for Fabiyan, a psychic call for Exterminatus in the form of our husband using a big ol' sword.
This is better

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

poor life choice posted:

This is my new vote.

This sounds like the most realistic plan so far.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Aug 20, 2015

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Divide our enemies and reconquer Circuit City

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Divide our enemies and reconquer Circuit City

A rogue trader always gets the best deals.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

For purposes of setting up Krieg Heaven, summoning Anna won't kill the webway side. So, there's that.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
No summoning. No bullshit. Tear it down. Tear everything down. Anything that has any semblance of structure beyond the grey swarms of wrath or Eldar soulstuff, tear it down. Consume. Destroy. Exterminate. EXTERMINATE.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

LowellDND posted:

For purposes of setting up Krieg Heaven, summoning Anna won't kill the webway side. So, there's that.

I'm adding try to get Anastasia to come mop up Mother after we pop/weaken Gorgon to my plan. Because the OP is right:

[00:30] <lowel> thats how I hope you use the favor, yeah
[00:31] <lowel> it would let me write a truly epic finale

I like the idea of burning the favor on Anastasia kaiju battling another agent of Chaos versus, say, trying to use a greater daemon of Slaanesh for some humanitarian aid or to influence a planetary governor or something. Cash that favor in before it burns a hole in our pocket and soul.

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Aug 20, 2015

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

poor life choice posted:

I'm adding try to get Anastasia to come mop up Mother after we pop/weaken Gorgon to my plan. Because the OP is right:

This sounds good

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Bleach
paragon
vansandman

Gather more intel
mepstein73
there bias two
zybourne clock

untrap
outrail

take our toys and leave
poor life choice
random
hiho

Summon anna
ark
grog

Votes still seem pretty scattered.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
What if we fuse with million of eldar soul like the emperor?

Megaphone.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Bleach

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Dance the interpretive dance of "gently caress Chaos"

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Bleach, whatever that means. Suffer not the daemon to live.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Bleach means ex terminus with us still on planet, as I understand it.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

LowellDND posted:

take our toys and leave
poor life choice
random
hiho

Summon anna
ark
grog

Votes still seem pretty scattered.

I am in favor of trying to summon Anna but ideally while we're trying to weaken/leave Gorgon on our own. I feel less good about it if we're just dropping to our knees and hailin' Satan.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
What if we Summon Anna AND Bleach it all to hell ?!? Change my vote to this!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

poor life choice posted:

I am in favor of trying to summon Anna but ideally while we're trying to weaken/leave Gorgon on our own. I feel less good about it if we're just dropping to our knees and hailin' Satan.
I support the cumulative Plan poor life choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

mepstein73 posted:

Do this, but DONT EVER EXTERMINATUS THIS PLANET, who knows what will happen to the Eldar souls if we destroy the planet and with it the Infinity Circuit. My guess would be, that they go straight into the warp to be nommed on, obviously we don't want that.