Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Most of the time we're fighting on our own worlds, in our own cities. Humanity is losing the war on a galactic scale in part because of the heavy handed response to threats costing us yet another population center or manufacturing base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Tran posted:

Most of the time we're fighting on our own worlds, in our own cities. Humanity is losing the war on a galactic scale in part because of the heavy handed response to threats costing us yet another population center or manufacturing base.

Maybe if we used a few more tactical nukes we wouldn't be fighting on the back foot all the time.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

LowellDND posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080760796/wishlist/ :D

As an aside, I mean to say that whole list as a training package. You don't have to choose from it, I'm just making sure its the right area for what you are thinking.

That list is approximately what I was thinking of, but perhaps with less emphasis on psyops and more government oversight, as discussed on IRC.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Cells are completely autonomous; primary mission is Unconventional Warfare: activities conducted to enable a resistance movement or insurgency to coerce, disrupt or overthrow an occupying power or government by operating through or with an underground, auxiliary and guerrilla force in a denied area.

Unconventional warfare (abbreviated UW) is the opposite of conventional warfare. Whereas conventional warfare is used to reduce the opponent's military capability, unconventional warfare is an attempt to achieve military victory through acquiescence, capitulation, or clandestine support for one side of an existing conflict. On the surface, UW contrasts with conventional warfare in that forces or objectives are covert or not well-defined, tactics and weapons intensify environments of subversion or intimidation, and the general or long-term goals are coercive or subversive to a political body.

Sabotage is a deliberate action aimed at weakening a polity or corporation through subversion, obstruction, disruption, or destruction. In a workplace setting, sabotage is the conscious withdrawal of efficiency generally directed at causing some change in workplace conditions. One who engages in sabotage is a saboteur. Saboteurs typically try to conceal their identities because of the consequences of their actions.

Direct Action (DA) consists of: "Short-duration strikes and other small-scale offensive actions conducted as a special operation in hostile, denied, or politically sensitive environments and which employ specialized military capabilities to seize, destroy, capture, exploit, recover, or damage designated targets. Direct action differs from conventional offensive actions in the level of physical and political risk, operational techniques, and the degree of discriminate and precise use of force to achieve specific objectives.

This is...sort of close to what I was thinking of?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Can't wait to see how you manage to subvert or demoralise chaos, orks, eldar, necrons, tyranids, or the billion other things in the galaxy that aren't normal humans.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Shadeoses posted:

Can't wait to see how you manage to subvert or demoralise chaos, orks, eldar, necrons, tyranids, or the billion other things in the galaxy that aren't normal humans.

Easy. Paint yourself green, swing a bigger hammer.

Music is Way of the Warrior by Hammerfall

Implementation

“They are magnificent, are they not?”
“Yes, Sire. The subliminals are complete, and we are about to have them begin class and field training.”
“Excellent. And the proposed doctrines?”
“As they are your alpha batch, we thought they would be best used with unconventional warfare. Information operations, covert operations, long range surveillance. They can set up the field before the Great Crusade arrives, as well as provide targets of interest.”
“And their loyalty? They will be going into deep cover.”
“We maxed it out, along with their resistance to fear. They will complete their operational doctrine, no matter what it takes.”
“Excellent. Set their Primary Directive to ‘prepare enemy terrain for subsequent invasion.’
“Yes, Sire.”

The image of the pre-Heresy Space Marines faded away, leaving you shaking your head. Had that been real? Or had your mental derangements gotten so bad that you were experiencing full-on hallucinations? Or was this some other trick of the Warp? Did the Great Enemy have some reason to show you that, to make you think… what?

Still. There was a certain clarity to the madness. You had kept a careful eye on the machines that were being used, and were sure you had divined their purpose. The ones that surrounded you seemed as shoddy imitations, the work of children, and perhaps they were. You were sure you could do them better. Accelerated growth? Processes that didn’t split the soul? Your mind whirled with the possibilities.

Something drew your attention, and you reoriented to it. A handful of Krieg looking soldiers, a nervous (?) looking Tech-Priest. You glared at them, still standing in the remains of a Tech-Priest, your mechadendrites literally in his brain. The Tech-Priest bowed low. <Magos Ohone, we weren’t aware you had arrived. Did Sigma-6599 displease you in some way?>

What do you do?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
"It's classified, forget what you've seen here."

Begin upgrading the machines.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
"This is heresy, they aren't pink enough."

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
"My personal research on available archaeotech specimens has resulted in several usable upgrades to the project. I required direct access to Sigma-6599's memory so that they could be properly integrated. You will begin refitting the wombs immediately to make use of this data." Set about designing and dictating improvements to make use of relevant space marine engineering tech. Include the stuff we adapted from Kiera's research.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

To be clear, you want to a) decrease mutation rate and failed attempts, and b) increase psyker generation dramatically?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Sounds good, more psyker mean the emperor get more psyker food later. We could even triple the input and make him even stronger, which I guess translate to everything destiny stuff getting better and maybe a more stable warp drive.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 30, 2015

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
More psykers means more chaos fuckery.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Displeasure is an emotion. You will provide me a full report and access to the specimen. Immediately.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

LowellDND posted:

To be clear, you want to a) decrease mutation rate and failed attempts, and b) increase psyker generation dramatically?

That is the ideal. I'll accept simply mitigating failures as best as possible while dramatically increasing psyker generation though. That in itself would make Krieg shoot to the top of Imperial strategic importance.

Edit: ↓↓↓ Psykers are literally required to make the empire functional. Not to mention psykers born/created under controlled conditions would greatly decrease the risks involved with unsanctioned witches.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
The last thing we need is more psykers. We want more Blanks.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

LowellDND posted:

Yes.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Dance Marines

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Today’s Music: Amon Amarth’s Wrath of the Norseman

Command

Your glare took them all in. Best to start early with taking charge. <Displeasure is an emotion. I required direct access to Sigma-6599’s data in order to integrate some of my research. He has served the Omnissiah well.> You both made the gesture of the Cog. <Now then. Bring me up to speed. What is the current project here, and how is it progressing? The full report, please.>

Data began flooding your mind, even as the other Tech-Priest continued speaking. <I am Alpha-724. This facility is part of the Krieg birthing pods, using a variant of replicators in order to maintain the numbers needed for the Crusades.>
You glanced through the schematics. <These can be be improved, brought closer to the Will of the Omnissiah. Begin making these changes.> You notated the documents, sent them. Below and above you, Tech-Priests received their new orders, began rearranging the internals of the vast facility.
<Now then. Who is the senior Tech-Priest here?>
<Mech-Deacon 27. She is the assistant to the Governor-General, as is custom here.>
<And the Governor’s name?>
<Primus-Actual. All Governors receive that name when they take the rank.>
<I see.>
Alpha-724 hesitated, and you gestured impatiently. <Magos, the changes you are describing, they won’t be applied to your current crop. Those have already been decanted and are in training.>
<Explain, current crop.>
<You have been allocated two millions of the most readily available Krieg. They are completing their training exercises as we speak.>
<By whom?>
<General-Commissar Konichev.>
Your heart sang. <He’s alive? Here?>
<No, Magos. We received the message to begin the process approximately 2.2 years ago>

What do you do?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
"Reallocate the current crop to other deployments. I require the latest version to complete my objective. We will enhance the birthing cycle for alacrity and double the yield to account for defect attrition. "

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Find out why there are clones of a guy you killed working in a place you don't know anything about doing things you're not up to speed on.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
Well that was nice of husbando. Maybe this could be a gift for us? What DID he get us for our wedding, anyways? We gave him Devries' brain and a bolter, plus the new body, but I don't know if he ever gave us anything beyond that day on the beach of Agatha's World.

Although, consider the following. Before we met him, Fabiyan Konichev was a Commissar-General on Golgotha. Had been stationed there for quite some time, if I recall. Given the nature of communication in the Warp being something that is... finicky, shall we say? (see: the ritualistic suicide of most of our Astropaths to call the fleet to Golgotha), it's more likely that these Kriegers being made weren't on some distant world that could only be contacted via Psyker shenanigans.

No. No, any solution without Chaos/Warp fuckery is the simpler solution here. Thus, I think we're back on Golgotha somehow. Present-day, which makes sense given Fabiyan's being on the ground about 2.2 years ago but out of contact since Siadwell scooped us all up to bring to the Tribunal after Limosa's apparent death.

Now the question is, what do we do now that we're back here? (Assuming I'm right, that is, and I think it'd be epic for the story if so).

My suggestions would be as follows:

-Find out if these guys are Dark Mechanicus. A Matthais clone/lookalike being here means maybe Kiera sent him (or perhaps a clone of him) here, and if so, we should be wary.***
-Find out the position of the fleet. They'd probably be aware that the fleet is converging here, and even if they ARE Dark Mechanicus, they'd have to keep up the appearance of being on Humanity's side, right? So they'll tell us the information we need to know.
-Find out who authorized the Kriegers to be assigned to us. Was it Fabiyan? If so, did we actually know him at that point? And if not, what was he thinking putting 2 million under our control? Where's his intel that we're fond of Krieg come from?

Also, this kindof reminds me of that scene in Star Wars Episode 2 where Obi-Wan shows up on the clonemaking planet and is told, "Yeah, we've been stockpiling like the Jedi Order told us to. Wanna have a look around?" Which means that there may be someone here pulling strings that we should be wary of...

ALSO
***What if this is the REAL Matthais, and Magos Kiera was working with a clone? Does he actually know what happened to the one we killed? Or is he innocent? Or a Trojan horse? Possibilities are endless! What do you all think?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I honestly have no idea what's going on. What happened to going to Mars?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We were in a crazy fight with Gorgon and now I'm pretty sure we are in the warp. I'm starting to think that we are never going to get our rear end mars. :(

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

VanSandman posted:

I honestly have no idea what's going on. What happened to going to Mars?

We're really on the ship heading to mars and Ohone is so insane she's creating these scenes up using dolls and action figures.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

HiHo ChiRho posted:

We're really on the ship heading to mars and Ohone is so insane she's creating these scenes up using dolls and action figures.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised. At least it's therapeutic.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Yeah, I'm confused too. Are we designing customized Chaos infiltrators?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Rockopolis posted:

Yeah, I'm confused too. Are we designing customized Chaos infiltrators?

K, so!

Outer layer: We were in the warp watching the Greater Daemons fight. Your mind could only handle it as metaphor.
Inner layer: We arrived on a weird place of Krieg cloning pods. Its unclear if this is a quiet place in the Warp, hallucinations, or real. Or some combination.
Innermost layer: We either went back in time or hallucinated vividly that we were making the first Space Marines. When we came back, we still had (or believe we had) knowledge from that era.

So now we are in the place of Krieg cloning pods. It remains unclear if its a quiet place in the Warp, hallucinations, or real. Yes, I am doing unreliable narrator on purpose :D

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Send enough Krieg troops to our Space Hulk to replenish the troops we lost over the last few months. Send the rest off to Golgotha to secure Athena's resting place.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Zybourne Clock posted:

Send enough Krieg troops to our Space Hulk to replenish the troops we lost over the last few months. Send the rest off to Golgotha to secure Athena's resting place.

Where are you? Where is the Hulk? :D

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

LowellDND posted:

K, so!

Outer layer: We were in the warp watching the Greater Daemons fight. Your mind could only handle it as metaphor.
Inner layer: We arrived on a weird place of Krieg cloning pods. Its unclear if this is a quiet place in the Warp, hallucinations, or real. Or some combination.
Innermost layer: We either went back in time or hallucinated vividly that we were making the first Space Marines. When we came back, we still had (or believe we had) knowledge from that era.

So now we are in the place of Krieg cloning pods. It remains unclear if its a quiet place in the Warp, hallucinations, or real. Yes, I am doing unreliable narrator on purpose :D

Given that, it doesn't seem unlikely that the "crop" of Kriegers represents metaphysical aid sent by Fabiyan the Double-Saint to help us snap out of our catatonia as we stand drooling at the battle of divinities. Best make good use of them.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
We have some limited mental control over this place, right? I assume we will materialize our ship in this place simply by willing it to do so. Then we'll send our imaginary troops off to an imaginary planet.

If we can change this tech-priest into a T-rex and grow ourselves a chainsaw for an arm, that'd be swell too.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

You know, I can't help but wonder...isn't changing reality constantly on a whim to fit our desires a bit...Tzeentchy? Lord of Change and all that? Maybe we should stick to only changing the rules of the game when needed instead of trying to rewrite the rules to mean "We Win." Might lose even while winning otherwise.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
all according to keikaku

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Tomn posted:

Might lose even while winning otherwise.
Human has already abandoned their humanity to have a chance against chaos. We are already in the state of 'lose while losing'. Doing this just change it to 'lose while winning.'

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Ready our troops. We break the enemy defenses tonight!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Todays music: Pope Rap, High in Church by Trevor Moore

Discipline

<Assign those units to other tasks. I want the modified regiments.>
<Magos, that will delay their decanting by several years.>
<That is acceptable. Proceed with the orders.>
<Yes Magos.>
<Has my ship arrived? The Beast.>
<Not as of yet. When should we expect it?>
You flexed your will. You weren’t sure if it work, but why not? Ship, arrive… now.
<Very shortly>
<Ah, it just emerged out of the Warp.>
<Excellent. Prepare a shuttle for my arrival.>
<Yes Magos. Did you want anything else?>
You flexed your will, testing. Your arm did not turn into a chainsaw. Perhaps you were out of [???]. You considered options, wondering if you should ask for anything else before you went aboard your ship. You still weren’t sure if they weren’t Dark Mechanicus, to be honest.

What do you do?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Ask for a few of the cloning tanks brought aboard and integrated with the improved specifications, along with a large compliment of genetic samples of varied flora and fauna.

I wondered where the lord-sire and devries found their cloning tanks.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Bring me a bowl of soup.

Separate the soup using ???

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

LowellDND posted:

Perhaps you were out of [???].

FEED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

poor life choice posted:

Find out why there are clones of a guy you killed working in a place you don't know anything about doing things you're not up to speed on.