Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Athena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Athena

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
athena

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Alrighty. I'll start brainstorming.

While we're scooping around in your brains, any memories or experiences or people you want to take a look back on?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Make sure that Eldar didn't somehow hitch a ride out of the warp, somehow.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
The Eldar slinking out of the shadows on the Beast, the nuke going off, being a shithead in the Black City, Sanguinalia are all random memories that come to mind.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

No recap episode

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Do NOT revisit a memory that identifies us as "child of Mars, child of [Golden Age AI mentioned in the same breath as Athena]

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Can we look back at ohones childhood and mechanicus training?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I want embarrassing childhood stories too

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Slice of Life ???:
Ohone and the Electrical Socket

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Nyaa posted:

No recap episode

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Nyaa posted:

No recap episode

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
"There is a hole in your mind."

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Maxwell’s Silver Hammer

“Can you just filter them a bit? Reduce the trauma, leave the memories.”
Limosa bit his cheek thoughtfully. “Yes, I think I can do that.”
“You aren’t sure?”
“Well… Warp exposure tends to be … vivid. It sticks with you. What I could do is… wrap it in a shade-tarp, like you would have on desert worlds. Might need checking in a few years, but it’ll do what you want.”
“Okay. Let’s do it that way then.”
He nodded, stood. “I’ll go prepare.”

You glanced at Athena. “Your thoughts?”
She shrugged. “Psychic therapy is good, but surgery might do you better.”
“What for?”
“You have a couple minor tumors in your brain, probably from all the weird radiation you’ve gone through. They might be the source of some of your hallucinations.”
You considered the matter thoughtfully. While you could handle most kinds of battlefield trauma without much effort, brain surgery was a whole different thing, particularly if you were trying it on yourself.
“Don’t suppose you know how to do brain surgery?”
She chuckled. “I may have some skill in the subject.”
“Is there anything you don’t know?”
“Hm… I’ve never been good at making casseroles.”
“Hah. Okay, let’s do this.”

-

“Alrighty. I’ve scrubbed the entire room, there is no chance of infection.”
You glanced around you. It looked not unlike a medical bay, bed, tubes and all. Although…
“I don’t see any equipment?”
“Oh, that.” Her form shifted, fingers becoming scalpels, eyes taking half her face. A laser of some sort hung from her jaw. You almost shot her right then.
“Ah. I sometimes forget you haven’t seen a medical build.”
That’s your medical build?”
“Sure. Where I come from, it’s a source of comfort.”
“Leaving aside the terrifying history of your Federation, where did it all come from? Can you shapeshift?”
“No, no. This is just some gear I put in a hyperspace pocket. Pull it out when you need it, put it back when it’s done.”
“Ah… hunh. Have a lot of kits like that?”
She shrugged. “A few dozen. Just for what might come up, you know.”
“I see. So… how does this work?”
“Sit in the chair.”
You did so, uncomfortably. She moved behind you, and your mecha-dendrites instinctively went to watch her.
“Do you really want to observe your own surgery?”
“Yes.”
“Okay. Can you turn off your muscle groups below the neck, or do you need to be strapped in?”
Your instincts were screaming, but … if you couldn’t trust Her, there was nothing worth having in the universe. “I can turn them off.”
“Okay. Say when you are ready.”
A deep breath. “Go.”
You immediately started hearing a drilling sound, feeling a pinch at the base of your skull. Her left-most finger had thinned, was taking apart the bone. You fought waves of terror, feeling more vulnerable than you ever had.
She removed a small part of the skull… your skull… and began examining inside your head. There were bright lights, and her non-sharp fingers began gently moving your brain tissue.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Lights in the sky

Memories you weren’t sure were yours floated through you, and new and unfamiliar emotions danced with them. Were they emotions you simply hadn’t felt before, unremembered? Or were they new and alien things, brought forth by the slow modifications to your brain - to yourself. You wished you had made a back-up for yourself, hoped the person you were becoming would remember it. Sometimes you laughed and couldn’t explain why.

A voice came to you from a great distance. “And… done.”
You would have slumped forward, but you had turned off your muscles. You fumbled with your mind, tried to turn them back on again. Tried to form words.
“Yes, the hole is repaired. You had half a dozen small little growing things, but they’ve been excised.”
You searched for words, like trying to catch butterflies. “Am… am I okay?”
“Yes, you are. Give it an hour or two, you should be back to normal.” She chuckled. “Well, as normal as you get, anyway.”
A breath. “Tha… thank you.”
“No problem at all. Prometheus.”

-

Your eyes focused on a new figure. Limosa, strolling in. “How she doing?”
“She’s fine. Bit woozy.”
“Yeah, I’ll wait then. Psychic surgery isn’t fun even when they aren’t doped up.”
“And you? How are you doing?”
Limosa shrugged. “Same old same old. Ready to get off this ship, see Terra.”
“Second time going?”
He seemed to glance behind you. “Yeah. Was there a few decades ago.”
You thought you could hear Athena’s smile. “I could try some repair work on you too.”
He held up his hand. “Please, no. I’ve had enough in my head already.”
“I can see that.”
“Ah, she’s coming around.” He knelt down, looked into your eyes. Filling your vision. “And here. We. Go.”

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Phantasmal Terrain

Whiteness. Or, perhaps the absence of color. A void.
“Well, let’s get this started. Let there be light!”
Your mind fumbled again, even as handfuls of pastel colors seemed to form in uneasy nebulae.
A familiar voice. “Okay, Ohone. Can you hear me.”
“Fabiyan?”
A pause. “No. Limosa.” The name created the image, and you could see him floating in front of you.
“Where is this?”
“Inside your head. Pretty boring, all told, wasn’t what I expected.”
You considered what you would have expected. Walls of binary, streaming in black and green. The distant hum of machines. The world shifted, became so.

“Ah, that’s more like it. So, we’re going to go on a little tour. Do you remember what happened?”
“No.”
“Okay, let’s start at the beginning. Agatha’s World.”
The two of you were standing in the viewing pod, looking down at the now dead world. A memory of better times.
“Can you show me what happened?”
Beaches. Sand castles. A visit to the Manor, where all the aristocrats were.

Blankness.

“Oh, that’s interesting.” He peered at it, walked around it. “Do you remember this?”
You moved ahead in your memories, showed you waking up. After the breakdown of events.
He tapped his lip thoughtfully. “No, there is something else there. This isn’t just a head trauma.”
You waited stoically, unsure what he wanted. He continued speaking. “I think….yes.”
The blankness became larger, filling your vision. You both seemed to float around a black-faced cube the size of a planet. Looking closely at it, you could see writhing letters, glyphs of horror that made you gag to look at them.
Limosa nodded. “Yup, thought so.”
Gently - carefully, as if he were removing ancient parchment - he looked to what was below. Grimaced at what he saw, but nodded. “Okay. There’s some poo poo here you don’t want to know. The long and the short of it is, this is a … mind-virus, I guess.”
Memories floated through your head. The data files from the Filthy Lucre. The ship in the sky changed.

He gestured emphatically. “No, not that. More like.. an infection, not a ghoul creator. It itches until you poke at it, and then it releases psychic material. I think our golden-eyed friend left you a present.”
Limosa shrugged. “This, I can’t remove. However, I can put a few million warning and stop signs not to go near it. Even your subconscious shouldn’t even be thinking about it.” He seemed to meet your eyes. “If you do end up reaching for it… you will be Traitoris Extremis. I really would find it inconvenient to have to kill my Inquisitor.”

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
:cenobite:

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Ask Limosa if he thought edourd would have any luck removing it?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Found this video of the OP giving the thread instructions: http://youtu.be/NITBfc1EOBo

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Madness Maze

He tapped his fingers on his leg. “But this isn’t why we are here, is it. We want to see what happened in the Rift.”
Denial born of terror filled you, the feeling of a prey animal before a hawk comes to devour it. The universe around you both trembled.
Limosa glanced at you. “Would you feel better in armor?”
Yes. The Lord-Sire’s armor filled the air around you, bulky and secure. Safe.

“Okay, so I want you to picture what things are like through the armor. Just the sensors, not personal experience.”
Colors changed, shifted. Became the muted green of night vision, with labels in white.
“That’s great. So let’s go see what happened.”

It was hard to say if they were even there - your bayonets shifted right through them, and they changed shape and location as you watched. Your blades had only a passing effect on them, sometimes impaling them deep, sometimes glancing away, and sometimes ignoring them entirely. You tried hard not to think about how the blades seemed to bend in a non-linear fashion, or how they seemed to change how many sides they had…

You weren’t even on Agatha’s World anymore, you were sure. There was a wrongness to the place, the distances flowing and shimmering, the horizon moving as if it were a tide. You had been in a wraithbone vault hundreds of meters in distance, and this place was already dozens of kilometers of expanse, flowing like syrup, being slowly hidden in the descending fog. It was too bright, and shapes in it gave you a headache, even as the sickly sweetness overwhelmed you. Perhaps just a taste…

Jenine grabbed you with shaky hands. “Focus.”
You paused, looked about you. There were plants were bearing the most perfect fruit you could have imagined, and the slowly shifting pathways through them were gems. “Yeah. Yeah.”
You were having trouble figuring out where you were. The terrain itself was moving, small islands of perfection on an ocean of wine, and it swayed with each pulse of the tide, only increasing your disorientation. Both of you soon had to pause now and again to dry heave.

She grimaced. “I’d rather have something to shoot than this tempting bullshit. I get it, Prince of Excess.” You nodded, not trusting yourself to speak. You had had to pull her away from assorted desires from time to time as well, and it was wearing you both down. She was pale and sweating, and you were pretty sure you didn’t look much better.

“Maybe a change of pace? Head into the fog?”
Jenine grunted sourly. “Sure.”
You were holding hands now, even as the terrain shifted about you. It was as amorphous as the fog it was surrounded in, and the gravity changed without warning. That, at least, had the familiarity to it, your years on the Beast had at least prepared you for that. The ground - platforms? Stairs? Changed from hardest diamond to softest flesh and back again, and sometimes you could feel yourself sinking into it. Your fear was that it would change too quickly, and leave you trapped there.

You couldn’t see her. Were you still holding her hand? Was it a hand you were holding? Everything was strange. You felt the ground rise, pushing you briefly out of the fog, showing you what was ahead. The surreal vision felt like a power-maul to the brain, even as you could hear wild laughter. Her hand slipped away, and you slowly turned to look. Jenine was standing and staring ahead, laughing and laughing her sanity away. Her eyes were dead and empty.

what were you doing

you turned, looked ahead. the vision hit you like a second hammer, bringing you to your knees. it was too much. too much. two figures. t wo mountains. two worlds. they were cast into inhuman shape. eldritch towers. cyclopean b ei ngs

1 was n ’t. the other was, 2 mu c h.
bacchanalian images

the sky. faces. so many. they screamed.

the sky was screaming. the mountains were screaming. you were screaming.

You were screaming.
“Woah, woah! Okay. Stay with me. You aren’t there. You are in a memory. In your armor, right? And they can’t get you through the armor.”
That was true. It was centimeters of ceramite, nothing was getting through. You took a breath, tried to calm. Felt covered in cold sweat.
“Okay. So everything is in the muted green colors, right? From your armor.”
Wordlessly, you nodded. The unreal shapes around you seemed to gain substance, hold to the rules of sanity. Their too bright colors muted.
“So. There were two mountains. Don’t look at them! Just… draw them for me.”
They became scribbled forms. Here there be monsters.

“So there was a battle, right? Can you show me that?”
Images of screaming Eldar by the thousand, tens of thousands. Daemons flying in the air, sliding along the ground. Not even daemons, simply concepts and metaphor folded together by iron will. Your eyes slid off of them, and you felt yourself losing your mind to their embrace. Limosa’s voice was urgent.

“No no no no, stop that. Draw familiar things for me. Don’t look for the old memory.”
With an effort of will, they shifted, became the daemons you would see in stained glass windows. Images that contained the purifying flames of Sisters of Battle. It comforted you.

“Okay. I’m seeing a maze. Do you remember that?”
It seemed to rise out of the fog, split the armies apart. Thousands of warriors entered its embrace, became lost, unfocused. You saw yourself enter it. Limosa nodded. “And that’s the source of the problem. That’s the Weaver’s gameboard. Plans within plans within plans. You’ve been feeling yourself go crazy with it, right?”

You had to nod. Didn’t speak.
“Okay. So we’re not getting any closer, but we know what happened. What was that?”
You tried your voice. “Was offered.”
“Yup. Don’t try to remember what, just remember that it happened. And what followed.”
“Refused.”
“You refused the blessings of the Great Enemy. And then.”
“Possessed.”
The memories coiled through your gut like snakes. You vomited. Screamed, cried.

Limosa gripped your shoulder comfortingly. “That’s not where the story ends.”
In the sky, a vision of light.
Fabiyan.

Wings outstretched like Sanguinus. Sword of pure light. An ocean of purity flooded the horizon, brought about by his will. You could see thousands of daemons melt away, screaming. The horrors inside your soul being excised by him. You could hear his voice shout your name, even as he cut through the Warp, cast you out. To Krieg, and salvation.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Big thing to take away from this is that:

You are more functional in your daily life.
AND
I added some warp powers to your character sheet.

Only thing I have left before Terra is start a cloning bay. Let me know if there is anything else you want to hit.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

LowellDND posted:

let me know if there is anything else you want to hit.

Amacita preferably with a brick

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Arkanomen posted:

Amacita preferably with a brick

I am okay with this.

Can we poke the memory? Please? Just to see what happens? :sun:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Kinetica posted:

I am okay with this.

Can we poke the memory? Please? Just to see what happens? :sun:

There is a list of powers and abilities on the character sheet which cost 0 xp. You can take them whenever the thread votes for it :)

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

LowellDND posted:

There is a list of powers and abilities on the character sheet which cost 0 xp. You can take them whenever the thread votes for it :)

nope nope NOPE

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Illusion of Normality would be pretty funny, and it would let us wear armour everywhere.

"Ohone? What happened to all your implants and scars and burns? Oh wait, just noticed them."

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Let's not take a biite from the poisonous parasite-ridden horror apple.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

LowellDND posted:

Pay 100 xp to remove them from the list.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Nyaa posted:

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

paragon1 posted:

Let's not take a biite from the poisonous parasite-ridden horror apple.

It says it's delicious and we should trust it. It does look pretty tasty. What's one bite?

:sun:

At least when we do our eventual jump off the cliff into black crusade we have a cool little gift package to open!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

take everything but mark of slaanesh

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

nope nope NOPE

wait

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

You will need a really good psyker who has practice against daemons to remove them from the list ;) Better/stronger than Limosa.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

LowellDND posted:

You will need a really good psyker who has practice against daemons to remove them from the list ;) Better/stronger than Limosa.

A powerful psyker with practice against the Daemonic?

To Titan!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

It's just a promised signing bonus if we go chaos! Keep it!

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
How much to buy back Fabiyan?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
What's Weirdling Mutation? I can't find it in the books.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I would like to know more about the Mechanoid and Steel Hearted traits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Skellybones posted:

What's Weirdling Mutation? I can't find it in the books.

Buy it and find out