Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

MaliciousOnion posted:

Last time it took our Lord-Sire in an exo-suit to put this thing down; I don't think we should go looking for a fight.

I vote B, with the purpose of shutting down the food distribution, and F calling an Omega.

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MaliciousOnion posted:

Last time it took our Lord-Sire in an exo-suit to put this thing down; I don't think we should go looking for a fight.

I vote B, with the purpose of shutting down the food distribution, and F calling an Omega.

This. We are woefully unequipped to handle this kind of encounter but maybe we can distract it long enough for the cavalry to come

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Do we know for sure it's the demon? If it's not here, or even if it is here but manages to hide itself, calling Omega will be our death.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Do not call Omega until you actually see the Thing. Yes, it might be too late then, but I'd rather take my chances with the xenodemon than I would with the Rogue Trader.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

VanSandman posted:

Sounds like a great time for a code Omega to me.
I'm in favor of plan stop the distribution but we shouldn't risk our own hides.... or even assume that the daemon/xenos thing is talking to us. After all, we're part of a group.
Clarification: Were these Sisters of Battle? If so, call in a code omega, vent the area, sacrifice our allies but open the airlocks and rely on our augmetics and the artifact to keep us alive in vacuum long enough to get the hell out. After all, we do not want to go up against anything that can take out Sisters in Power Armor, no matter how sneaky it did so.

They are not full Sisters of Battle and they don't have power armor. Think of them more as ... cadets, or acolytes.

A
B x x x x x x x x
C x
D x x
E x
F x x x
G x

Ill give it a couple hours, and if nothing changes Ill do Control Room with an option of Omega.

Loel fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Dec 14, 2014

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Don't call Omega until we know for SURE the thing is here. If our Lord Sire pops in and it turn out we were wrong he'll be a bit miffed.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

quote:

“Captain Astri. What can I do for you, Lady Ohone?”
“Thank you Captain. I’ve received word from a reliable source that the food processors may be under threat.”
Asti looked pained. “They’ve repelled several assaults by malcontents already, and the Church sisters report it’s nothing they can’t handle. Did your source say what the attack would be?”
You pause. Things may have moved faster than you expected.
“I think those are probing attacks. I intend to move troops to reinforce that position.”
“Very well. I’ll see if I can detach a platoon to make it’s way there, but the resistance is quite strong in that area.”
“Omnissiah with you. Ohone out.”

I'm thinking we verify that the OMEGA threat is here (and not just loving with our heads) before we call it.
We should send a lower priority call informing that the place has been sacked and that we're moving in.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I'm thinking we verify that the OMEGA threat is here (and not just loving with our heads) before we call it.
We should send a lower priority call informing that the place has been sacked and that we're moving in.

Aye.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

B + lower priority call

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

B + lower priority call

Changing my vote to this

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

B + lower priority it is. Ill start writing.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

8 Bit Boss Battle

That voice. It sent quivers of anticipation and terror through you in equal measure. Duty didn’t drive you when you sprinted from where you stood, nor did faith. It was sheer animal panic. Images flashed through your mind - a hundred corpses with that terrible smile, dozens of dissections with grafts and missing organs. The battle at the house, where you lay burrowed under trash while that presence of revulsion and lust passed you.

It was only after a moment that you realized your retinue had followed you, instantly obeying your decision. You could feel your heart race, your lungs breathing three times a second as your legs moved like pistons. Behind you, your team barely kept up, small whimpers of pain or fear coming from them. The important thing was getting away from the voice. You ducked under pipes, leaped over walkways. Breathless. Accessed your vox.

Tag for urgent. “Captain Astri.”
A silence that lasts forever, and then: “Here.”
“We’re under attack. Send help.”

Black spots were appearing in front of your eyes. You couldn’t run like this forever. You looked about you. The tanks towered above you, full of water, the ancient ice of comets. Nearby, a glassed in room. Door. You slammed into it, knocking it off its hinges, as everyone fell in behind you. They shattered the glass, aimed their weapons into the darkness. You took in the machines in front of you. Control center. Levers for emergency shutdown.

Nausea. [Static] The taste of metal, the small of ozone. Woodhouse vomits.

A dozen figures come out of the darkness. False servitors, golden eyes gleaming. In the center of them, a figure three meters tall, liquid perfect. Flawless golden skin. Androgynous features of divinity. Smiling pointed teeth.

Eyes that gazed out of the deepest hell.

Ohone. You vomit, the voice caressing your name and your voice with an innermost degradation.

Dear Ohone. The voice is deep, almost subsonic, vibrating your bones. You have been so much more successful than your siblings. So much more willing to accept your own perfection.

Jeb is curled around himself, crying, eyes staring.

I will become your patron, little Ohone. The Damork has served its purpose, and soon, the entire city will serve the will of Slaanesh... The name of the Great Enemy shatters the air, glass breaking, a thousand senses of hunger and horror fill you. One of the Tribesman shoots himself in the face, blood and brains on the wall behind him. You tremble at what the voice says next.

I will spiral in power, and you will be my most valuable servant.

I know what the Magos is building, in her secret places.

I know what Amacita is afraid of.

I can make you Lord-Sire, I can give you all the stars of the sky, if only you follow me….

-

This is the big decision point, and will set the tone for the next 6 months or so.

Option A. You accept, and become a Slaanesh cultist. You’ll explain you killed the rioters and there was no sabotage. The drug will fill the city, opening everyone to the Great Enemy. You’ll get ‘loaned’ a package of 500 XP to get ‘Radical Inquistor’ and ‘Demonpact’ advances, and our next couple batches of XP will go to paying them off. The tone of the game will be darker, in that you have to hide your conspiracy from virtually everyone, while trying to subvert the Imperium. We will have a poll on what faction of the Radicals we want to join, and what the particulars of the Demonpact are. Then I’ll do an intermission, and start the next arc.

Option b. You refuse, and Abraxus becomes a recurring villain. I’m hoping for Techsorcist for level 6, which is a demon hunting TechPriest, but I wont make it mandatory. You hit the emergency shutdown button, call the Omega, and try to survive a fight with a daemon. Reinforcements are on the way, and you have a full set of fate points, but there is the possibility of burning some. The daemon isn’t at full strength because of the rituals its been doing down here, but it’s still a bastard. Lord-Sire will publicly see you fighting the daemon as well as finishing the demon cult, which will give you kudos. I’ll tie up whatever loose ends we have, and start the next arc.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

(Vote hasn't changed. Now that I'm home and not posting from a phone, I can use an icon instead. If you want icons, you can get them here or here.)

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 14, 2014

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
B

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
B. Let's not go radical at the first available opportunity. It's a Daemon. A Bad Thing. Why would we join it right off the bat?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Betrayer! your form is abomination before the mechanical perfection of the Omnissiah!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
B - and chant the Most Ancient Rite of Tech Support (discovered in the ruins of an ancient temple of the Machine God) to ward off the perfectionist heresy:

If errors plague us,
Malfunctions trick us,
Or bugs deceive us,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Call sacred number
Seven Seven Six,
Two Three Two Three YES,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Sacred technicians
Of the Machine God
Shall ask you questions,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you checked the cables and connections?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you updated to the latest version?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you tried rebooting the machine?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you installed antivirus software?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Have you cleaned the machine regularly?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Did you at least write down the error code?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Do you know how much I hate people like you?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Wait, are you recording this?
Omnissiah, preserve us!

In the name of the Machine,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Enemy! Enemy enemy enemy enemy enemy. The Enemy. Call for backup. If any of the tribesmen look like they're buying this thing's sales pitch, redeem them by our own hand. B.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

my dad posted:

B - and chant the Most Ancient Rite of Tech Support (discovered in the ruins of an ancient temple of the Machine God) to ward off the perfectionist heresy:

If errors plague us,
Malfunctions trick us,
Or bugs deceive us,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Call sacred number
Seven Seven Six,
Two Three Two Three YES,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Sacred technicians
Of the Machine God
Shall ask you questions,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

We're getting offered the world on a plate! A is the right wAy!

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Slaanesh? Pfft. Come back when you've got an offer from Nurgle. B.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

MaliciousOnion posted:

Slaanesh? Pfft. Come back when you've got an offer from Nurgle. B.

That's a funny way to spell Tzeentch

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Bad things never happen from following daemons.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
B There is only one answer to heresy: Death DEATH DEATH! OMNISSIAH DELIVER US!

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Right now A doesn't make much sense.

B

Also! Demon says the Magos are up to something! IF we survive, we should probably check that out. Why would it lie to us? : )

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Wentley posted:

Right now A doesn't make much sense.

B

Also! Demon says the Magos are up to something! IF we survive, we should probably check that out. Why would it lie to us? : )

Voting B because of this.

A is a really good story choice but I think it's still too early in the game to go full out radical. Our path to the Eye should be paved with good intentions. We also know nothing about this particular Daemon so selling our soul so early seems like a really, really bad idea.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
B. Damnit! That's our plan to make a puppet Lord Sire. Hands off.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

my dad posted:

If errors plague us,
Malfunctions trick us,
Or bugs deceive us,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Call sacred number
Seven Seven Six,
Two Three Two Three YES,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Sacred technicians
Of the Machine God
Shall ask you questions,
Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

It's way cooler for Ohone to steel her soul in the face of evil than to just fall over at its feet. I mean sure Ohone might die anyway but that's the price of being a badass.

B

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
B

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

That's a funny way to spell Tzeentch

It is in fact, a funny way to spell Tzeentch. Its all according to plan. :ninja:

A. Lets do this!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

B+ tech support prayer :v:.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
B. Tek support. We belong to no one. And there will come a day when the daemon is our servitor and it's soul is naught but fuel for our hereteks.

Opening gambit; fling Flours at its face.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Dec 14, 2014

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

my dad posted:

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

Omnissiah, preserve us!

This is great. Hopefully we will never have to do tech support.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

B I'm perfectly ok with seeing Ohone tread on the Path of Glory one day. But for reasons that fit her more. When her thirst for knowledge outreaches Imperial Law too much, when perhaps those we choose to attach ourselves to become victims of the Imperial machine, when the backstabbing of politics makes the alternative uninteresting.

But right now, right now this demon is not offering anything we don't feel we can get on our own. This offer is a boilerplate 'I'll offer you all you desires' thing, could have been made for everyone. If Chaos wants us, they'll have to try a bit harder than this.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Obscil posted:

This is great. Hopefully we will never have to do tech support.

I like to think that we're more of a trouble shooter. We see trouble, and we shoot it.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Shogeton posted:

B I'm perfectly ok with seeing Ohone tread on the Path of Glory one day. But for reasons that fit her more. When her thirst for knowledge outreaches Imperial Law too much, when perhaps those we choose to attach ourselves to become victims of the Imperial machine, when the backstabbing of politics makes the alternative uninteresting.

But right now, right now this demon is not offering anything we don't feel we can get on our own. This offer is a boilerplate 'I'll offer you all you desires' thing, could have been made for everyone. If Chaos wants us, they'll have to try a bit harder than this.

Yeah, that's my thinking too. It's like Emperor Palpatine's half-assed offer to Luke in Return of the Jedi. You could see Anakin falling in Revenge of the Sith because Old Palpy had been working on the guy for years, since he was a little boy in fact. Anakin trusted him and when the moment came it kinda made sense for him to go with his mentor. But twenty something years later? Palpy's gotten soft and weak. Who the hell gets offered "hey, switch sides! I mean, sure, people working for me killed your aunt, your uncle, your first teacher, tortured your friends, and blew up a whole loving planet! But hey, you're pissed off so that's enough to make you jump ship, right?" and says yes?

It's not that I necessarily think we shouldn't go Radical some day. Maybe it'll make sense some time. But this bullshit? This is disrespect, is what it is. It shows that Xeno Boy here doesn't respect us enough to try for a real seduction into darkness. And that disrespect cannot be allowed to stand.

Kill that fucker! (Or try, anyway.)

(Not a vote. My vote is recorded above.)

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Green Intern posted:

It's way cooler for Ohone to steel her soul in the face of evil than to just fall over at its feet. I mean sure Ohone might die anyway but that's the price of being a badass.

B

Spot on. A vote for B!

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

B

We can always go radical later, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
B

"We are of the machine. The beast of pleasure holds no sway over the spirit of the machine.
Get in front of me, scion of the failings of flesh, so that my targeting scanners may purge you all the more easier.
Hail the Omnisiaah. You have no power here deamon."

The open fire while screaming the most vulgar insults in the language of the machines at the foul warp spawn.