Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Waci posted:

Nod. "Hey Boss."

Snipe for the Mechanicus. :legion:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Tomn posted:

To a Puritan Inquisitor, how much of a difference is there between the two concepts?

But yeah, I don't think we've done anything to specifically gently caress with him, just stuff that he might violently disagree with.

We're assuming he's a puritan, and strongly so, based on rumours and at best second hand information.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Is the Ban on AI an Imperial law, or an Adeptus Mechanicus one?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Mechanicus.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Well then not only did we not betray him, but Athena is none of his business! :v:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

paragon1 posted:

Well then not only did we not betray him, but Athena is none of his business! :v:

Beautiful.

nthing Hey Boss

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
He's not our boss. We should absolutely show great respect, but at this point our only Boss is the God-Emperor of mankind.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

VanSandman posted:

He's not our boss. We should absolutely show great respect, but at this point our only Boss is the God-Emperor of mankind.

2nding

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Waci posted:

Half-assedly?

Touché :golfclap:

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Show a little deference. He may not be our direct superior anymore, but he's still a senior inquisitor with a hell of a record.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Tran posted:

Show a little deference. He may not be our direct superior anymore, but he's still a senior inquisitor with a hell of a record.

Sure, I can live with this

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Tran posted:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Hey Boss

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

A little deference. Don't be casual.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Kiss (Ra Mix) by London After Midnight

Many meetings

You bowed respectfully. “Inquisitor Kozilek.”
He reached out, shook your hand. “I didn’t have the opportunity at the Conclave, but welcome to the Ordo Malleus. And congratulations.”
You smiled tightly. “Thank you.”
“That was a grox breakfast of a thing at Agatha’s World. Warp incursion like that, we’re lucky to save anyone, but you managed to escape with half a fleet. Well done. We’re hoping to see more of that in the future.”
“I’m hoping to stop the incursion fully next time.”
He grunted a laugh. “That’s the kind of spirit we need. Don’t lose that.” He gestured to some of the other figures who were still talking. “Grand Master Leorac. Commander of the 7th Brotherhood.” Kozilek met your gaze. “We work closely with the 7th. It would be wise to get to know them.” You nodded.

He reached for a pitcher on the table, offered it to you. Coffee? “Normally we wouldn’t ask you to meet with us so soon after traveling the Path of Contemplation, but things are in a bit of a rush.”
“I imagine so.”
“High Lords are still thinking over your message, but the Grey Knights have already started to move. They know the consequences.”
You grimaced. “We’ll need more than them.”
“I’m sure we will.” He pointed another figure out. “Blue.”
You blinked. “...Blue?”
“Yeah. Her name is unpronounceable for human throats. So she’s Blue.”
You stopped, stared at him. “You hate xeno.”
He rasped a laugh. “I do indeed.”
“What is one doing here? The most secure place in the Imperium?” Was your voice raising hysterically? You hoped not.

“When it’s the Great Enemy, we are forced to make certain compromises.”
“Well, yeah. But bringing her to the heart of the Ordo Malleus?”
He clapped your shoulder. “I was hoping to wait another century to share this with you, but here we are. We’ll answer all your questions, have no worries.”
You grimaced, but didn’t reply.
“Now, you are qualified to examine some of these tomes. We don’t have time right now - I wish we did! but perhaps we can give you a crash course somewhere along the way. With Golgotha coming on the horizon, you’ll need to be better equipped to fight the Great Enemy.”
You thought about Agatha’s World and nodded.
“Ah, good. They are wrapping up. We are waiting for one more person, but until then, we are at your disposal.” Kozilek smiled cynically. “The secrets of the universe, here for the asking.”

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Shoot the Xeno. "Yes, the secrets of the Imperium are for the Imperium alone."

This has to be a test. Inquisitors never stop testing, sneaky ones like Uncle Kozy more so. A filthy Tau within the light of Blessed Sol. This is beyond disgusting. Secrets that are restricted to almost the entire human race are hidden here and are not for the eyes of the Xeno.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 14, 2015

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
What exactly is a demon and how do you kill it permanently?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
It is generally considered rude to kill someone else's pet in their own home. But we need not let it sniff our crotch or whateved if we don't like it. So let it be. But don't let it widdle on our nice shoes or whatever xenoes do.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

paragon1 posted:

According to the All Gaurdsmen Codex, a demon is an unholy pile of crap from the warp that exists to just gently caress up your day and liberal application of explosives does a very good job of unfucking your day.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Arkanomen posted:

According to the All Gaurdsmen Codex, a demon is an unholy pile of crap from the warp that exists to just gently caress up your day and liberal application of explosives does a very good job of unfucking your day.

Yeah but everything the Inquisition allows to be told to the Guard that isn't about murdering xenos and heretics and blowing up valuable infrastructure is a load of horseshit and also that isn't very specific

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

What kiiiiind of xeno

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
why dont i poop

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Are you my daddy?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Why is Ohone's spine hosed up?

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Because she got enough corruption points to gain a mutation before we took our mutation proof subset thing.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
"During the warp incursion I was subjected to daemonic possession. The saint banished the loathsome thing, but it left something behind. If at all possible, I'd like it removed. Is that agreeable?"

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

paragon1 posted:

This. Also, I have an important question for Kozilek: "Why me?" Who brought us to his attention? What reason did he have for making us an acolyte in the first place?

Also, "Who is Lucifer?"

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Tran posted:

"During the warp incursion I was subjected to daemonic possession. The saint banished the loathsome thing, but it left something behind. If at all possible, I'd like it removed. Is that agreeable?"

mepstein73 posted:

This. Also, I have an important question for Kozilek: "Why me?" Who brought us to his attention? What reason did he have for making us an acolyte in the first place?

This too.

Rahul fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 14, 2015

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
+1 to mind fixing

If the ship is as old as I suspect it will have artificial intelligence. If there are circumstances when we would work with a xeno, are there circumstances when we'd work with such a technological abomination?

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Kozilek is a grand manipulator. This whole scenario is a test and interrogation. He's offering knowledge to see how tempted we've been, he's bringing out the alien to see how we react to their presence. It's all about playing off our goals and expectations to read our reactions.

We have three real options. Firstly, we can try to play at being the bestest most puritan inquisitor ever in an attempt to do what we think he wants. Second option is to drop the pretense and be straight with him, not necessarily giving away all our secrets but not hiding our daemonic assault or ambivalence toward xenos. Lastly is the option to come right out and share everything in the hopes that he finds it agreeable or at least usable.

Personally I favor the second one, though I could be convinced to gamble on option three.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I like option two

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Don't shoot the Xeno

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Absolutely no shooting for fucks sake.

mepstein73 posted:

Also, "Who is Lucifer?"

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Waci posted:

Absolutely no shooting for fucks sake.

You're right. That would get the boss dirty. Just snap it's neck.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Inquisitors are allowed to get away with a lot of stuff that would get anyone else shot. Now more than ever, it is time to work with our Xeno friends, and combat the great enemy.
I agree with being straight with Kozilek about what happened, and how we have no problems with working with Xeno, for the greater good.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Where the gently caress is Tomn? Did he pass out from the giant erection he got from this last post? We need someone to ask Kozilek everything.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Where the gently caress is Tomn? Did he pass out from the giant erection he got from this last post? We need someone to ask Kozilek everything.

Right? I set that up just for him.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I've been a bit busy lately and haven't had time to do much more than skim posts, let alone come up with coherent questions.

That said, ask Kozilek what the hell was the deal with that warp jump pod thing it took to get here, wherever "here" is.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll ask a few in your honor Tomn

Ask Koz which inquisitors made it off the pleasure planet alive
Ask Koz how long it'll take for Fabian to fight his way out of the warp
Ask Koz why was this Tau chosen to be here
Ask Koz about our heroquest dream
Ask Koz if it will ever be possible to relax again now that Fabian is gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Since you brought it up. a relevant question: "Has there been any sign of my husband?"