Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
We really need Fabyian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

I'm pro-any solution that involves brainboxing people

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Would half a million brain-boxed abrogates produce the same warp calming effect? Coz I think I see a way we could have both. Kind of like a Morty shield.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 19, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Brain-box emperor, eternal machine throne, stablize warp across universe. Mechanicus ending.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Outrail posted:

Would half a million brain-boxed abrogates produce the same warp calming effect? Coz I think I see a way we could have both. Kind of like a Morty shield.

The previous magos did you one better with fewer, non-abrogate brains: :siren: shadow on the warp :siren:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
One giant brain sucks. With lots of little ones they can be fired at our enemies.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

reignonyourparade posted:

We need to sell them, for their amazing warp-calming properties.

Agreed. Sell them for Space :10bux:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Or we don't care and just accept a slightly higher suicide rate as the cost of doing business and maybe outlaw pondering the question and suicide for non-combat needs.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Arkanomen posted:

Or we don't care and just accept a slightly higher suicide rate as the cost of doing business and maybe outlaw pondering the question and suicide for non-combat needs.

The problem goes deeper than a few suicides and goes right into "the very nature of the Abrogates produces internal conflicts that can end up becoming a justification for rebellion of a sort while still remaining true to their ideology."

I do agree that therapy is a drop in the bucket and isn't going to have any real impact, though, assuming it's even possible given the Abrogates. The core problem is the contradictions inherent in the idea of Abrogation, and without trying to resolve the conflict between the fact that obedience is prized while the rest of humanity is not obedient (and can in fact be considered more human for not being so), there are no lasting solutions. Religious debate or even religious decrees might help, but those have a tendency to get out of hand in a hurry if you're not careful.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Could we consider it an application of evolutionary pressure. The Abrogrates could be considered a new form of sanctioned abhuman. Some are converted, some are born into it? others are cloned into it. Eventually this stuff will settle out through internal and external forces.

What isn't good is when you have an external force trying to undermine the species at its core. A creature can evolve itself into extinction. Evolutionary pressure pushes it into developing a desired characteristic that ultimately becomes fatal. A long term failure that would have to be very subtly introduced from a trusted figure.

It's a good thing the Abrogates don't have a central authority that is very obviously an agent of a certain long term plan-loving, space chicken. It's also a good thing said figurehead hasn't been acting as the head of clergy for years without any supervision. Right?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Arkanomen posted:

Could we consider it an application of evolutionary pressure. The Abrogrates could be considered a new form of sanctioned abhuman. Some are converted, some are born into it? others are cloned into it. Eventually this stuff will settle out through internal and external forces.

What isn't good is when you have an external force trying to undermine the species at its core. A creature can evolve itself into extinction. Evolutionary pressure pushes it into developing a desired characteristic that ultimately becomes fatal. A long term failure that would have to be very subtly introduced from a trusted figure.

It's a good thing the Abrogates don't have a central authority that is very obviously an agent of a certain long term plan-loving, space chicken. It's also a good thing said figurehead hasn't been acting as the head of clergy for years without any supervision. Right?

Everything is fiiiiiiiine :) Although I do believe our Black Priest will be revealing some things soon :)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Arkanomen posted:

Declaring Abrogates a form of abhuman isn't the worst idea, but they'd have to be brought to heel and their ideals would have to be a little more in line with the standard Imperial Creed (or bring the standard Imperial Creed a little closer to the beliefs of the Abrogates, just not all the way), otherwise we'd have to declare them a form of mutant.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Double smilies. I told you people. I warned you about keeping that xeno warped, hope worshipping, eternal day-ruiner alive. All we had to do was dump her in the crematorium at any time. It would have been applauded. But no, every time the fate that took her out of commission ended up not killing her, we spared her. Tainted by Abraxus, no just go to sleep in the cryo-tube. Warped by some bizarre xeno-artifact and cracked out by Devry? Here you go, have some Magos surgery and counseling. How much more will we wait until we put a Bolter round through her. Hell she'll literally sprout feathers and tell us she's marrying Tzeench and naming the baby Ohone and we'll just ask what store the christening is registered at.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Ohhh, get the baby a tiny little mechadendrite for the christening.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Since we are on Mars can't we just trade in all the abrogates in exchange for servitors? Servitors aren't just good for serving drinks or transporting lazy people around, some of them are quite useful in combat.
Also, we could send all the blanks to the Culexus temple, they already owe us one assassin, perhaps we can get a few more.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

So I had this saved from a while ago (Arc 2), and never had a good point to post it.

~*~Flashback 3, by Tias~*~

" "The only easy day was a millenium ago" – Motto of the Nallani Riflemen

General Quint "Rat" Zetkin – the origins of his nickname lost to the ages, but today attributed to his ferocious determination when commanding armies in urban environs – surveyed the sattellite picts with something resembling apprehension. His lifetime of fighting things that should not exist precluded him from showing, or even feeling, fear at the sight of a tyranid the size of a hive silo, dwarfing even the cave it rose from, but this definitely spelt trouble.

The creature was in mid-step, casually shearing a massive limestone beam in two with a bladed arm, of which it had many. Massive jaws separated in rows of dangling sub-jaws bristling with teeth sharp enough to shear starship armour, and from them protruded bulging bio-weapons, whose sphincter-like barrels disgorged multiple hectolitres of matter- and fleshdestroying bile. Where it walked, tanks were pressed into scrap, and men died in droves.

Several of the beasts were now emerging from the earths crust, and the past hour had brought reports of one more. The beasts came at the vanguard of a veritable legion of lesser gaunts. Their numbers were inestimable, but easily outnumbered the sum total of Imperial forces fighting them. At the same time, a hundred groups of lictor stalkers ate into any part of the supply train less than heavily defended.

The creatures, from bio-titan to shitgaunt, moved through the building razor winds that could incapacitate a grown man like they were hardly there. The storm was closing in, and they acted like this was all some minor inconvenience.

All this, and loving Ohones noble liberation crusade to deal with. Fragger yoinks 100 atomic warheads that could contain (all right, slow) the enemy advance, and Divisio BLESSES the fools errand because the incoming razor storms might make other methods of deliverance impossible. At this point nothing could get worse.

"General, priority vermilion alert!" An adept, in the robes of some intelligence cult or other, came up to him, panting.

Scratch that. "What?"

"Massive incursion of a new xenos threat, code Horribilis Orkoid-Fungox"

"Straight talk, or I'll cut you slow!"

The adept paled. "Greenskins. Lots of them."

That's when I realized why the plant-like dog had struck me as odd early on: The thing was a squig! If anything known about Orks was true, they had bred inside the hives, and were now exploding across the planet!"

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Also, I'm happy to do Flashbacks or SoLs by request :D or if you wanna explore a scene on your own, just run it by me and we'll get it moving :D

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Full disclose x x x x x, x x x x x, x x x x x,
Ark
sniper
plc
tran
deadmeat5150
paragon
volmarias
grognan
randompaul
vansandman
lord twin
holly
ralith
rahul
maxhush

battlebot! and ask athena x x x x x, x x x x x, x x x x
Nyaa
Waci
Outrail
Xun
Swedish
gnarl
sullat
toughy
oasx
Kinetica
hexen
sheep dodger
hotdog
wentley

more info
mepstein73

Hmmm...

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Just do the second thing!! It's like there's a stalemate between

1) get a face tattoo

2) ask your significant other if you should get a face tattoo, also go to an arcade and have a rad time.

The first one is a big step, the second one is getting some advice on the Big Life Change... also going to the arcade.

crab battle

e:

LowellDND posted:

The creature was in mid-step, casually shearing a massive limestone beam in two with a bladed arm, of which it had many. Massive jaws separated in rows of dangling sub-jaws bristling with teeth sharp enough to shear starship armour, and from them protruded bulging bio-weapons, whose sphincter-like barrels disgorged multiple hectolitres of matter- and fleshdestroying bile. Where it walked, tanks were pressed into scrap, and men died in droves.

same

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Yes. Pascal's wager on this one. Either Athena is cool about it or she isn't. If we go ahead and just blurt it out and she's okay with it, we are fine. If we blurt it out and she's not, then we're in trouble. If we ask Athena first and she's okay, we go ahead and if we ask and she's not, then we don't piss off a super galactic player.

I am not changing from full disclosure because 1. I think Athena is cool with it and 2. I'd rather throw my lot in with cool grandpa, soul and leader of Mars, direct conduit to the omnissiah, been alive for the entirety of the imperium, and is more powerful than even the AI.

So really, if it ends the stalemate then just ask Athena to introduce herself and let's get on with it, but Space Grandpa knows already and all this really is is a toddler with chocolate all over her face and hands vehemently denying that she ate all the cookies while grandpa just is amused and is playing along because it's cute.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Mmk. Asking her first makes narrative sense. I'll start brainstorming how Athena might want to play it.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Grandpa Fabricator is...disappointed.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

poor life choice posted:

Just do the second thing!! It's like there's a stalemate between

1) get a face tattoo

2) ask your significant other if you should get a face tattoo, also go to an arcade and have a rad time.

The first one is a big step...
The first one does matter if the the tattoo artist died after we come back from the arcade.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

sniper4625 posted:

Grandpa Fabricator is...disappointed.

But look how adorable it is. The little one is trying to keep a secret. Thinking now, we literally do have chocolate all over our hands what with the giant Athena gently caress off wards. I'm laughing in my office thinking about a shy Ohone shifting around and looking at the floor.

:awesomelon: :"Ohonnnneee, did you unshackle a dark age AI and tell everyone it was an STC?
:bigtran: : "Nooooooo..."
:awesomelon: : "Are you sure, those look like hexadodecimal-gramatic fractal inversion filters on your boots."
:bigtran: :"I dunnnnooo."

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
e: ^^^ hahahahaha

Nyaa posted:

The first one does matter if the the tattoo artist died after we come back from the arcade.

I was thinking this was all going to take place while we're still on Mars. But yes, if the FabRickator General gets strangled in his robosleep while we blow up a mountain with our new toy then the game is def afoot.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Can't we ping Athena right now, while talking. I figure she's already watching us through the wards and can read our thoughts and will either respond to our inquiry or wait till we are alone to speak to us. Space Grandpa is literally watching all of Mars and most likely the Galaxy. He already knows.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

LowellDND posted:

Also, I'm happy to do Flashbacks or SoLs by request :D or if you wanna explore a scene on your own, just run it by me and we'll get it moving :D

I wanna know what happened to Iosef and Sebastien and that other guy! Did they ever make it off that boat?

And I think now would be a good time for Granny Krieg to visit! The Abrogates are suppressing themselves so hard their cast off emotions are congealing into benevolent and malicious warp entities! Think about it.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

page 25: you had just met the gang leaders in the Deeps
page 50: quint and tanya had just been introduced
page 75: meeting kozilek for the first time
page 100: knitting circle with sincera
page 125: the olympus
page 150: amacita’s wedding planning
page 175: talking to dwarf about factions
page 200: talking with eldar
page 225: fusion bomb incident
page 250: saving limosa
page 275: deathskull orks
page 300: tugboat
page 325: talking with cryonic lady
page 350: the manor on agatha’s world
page 375: meeting the motherfucking emperor
page 400: titan. 16,000 posts, we’re a real thread!
page 425: mars, space grandpa

Coming along nicely :D

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

paragon1 posted:

I wanna know what happened to Iosef and Sebastien and that other guy! Did they ever make it off that boat?

And I think now would be a good time for Granny Krieg to visit! The Abrogates are suppressing themselves so hard their cast off emotions are congealing into benevolent and malicious warp entities! Think about it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qObs3P6IZMjoRjyq4U6dmEVd3a2eBSkH8AtXwyta_x4/edit Place your scene ideas here! :D

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Okay then!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
We met the Emperor?! The gently caress did that happen?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
When he stood up off the throne to heal our neck and declare The Magos a crappy waifu.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

VanSandman posted:

We met the Emperor?! The gently caress did that happen?

Heroquest.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I wonder if the emperor is, like, psychically aware of heroquests.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Imperial.
Guard.
Olympics.

Think about it.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

paragon1 posted:

Imperial.
Guard.
Olympics.

Think about it.

You mean where all of the sprinters are executed for desertion?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
If you run fast and long enough in the opposite direction, eventually you'll circle around the planet and hit the enemy from behind!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Volmarias posted:

The sprinting competition is towards the enemy.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Volmarias posted:

Being able to sprint quickly between the trenches is a skill worthy of the Emperor's finest. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
First event, gold medal to whoever kills Amacita.