Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Who are you, Really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
"It seemed confused. In some ways strangely ignorant for such a powerful mind."

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
"Yes."

No need to overdo things.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

quote:

Did you wake it? Do you learn who it was?”

It was already awake. Or perhaps it never slept.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
So, what does Ohone think stone/iron/gold means? I'm guessing the stone were the first AIs, gold the golden age Minds, and iron the Abominable Intelligences?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Gold was the top tier Minds, stone was the lesser Minds, Iron was the reason everything got hosed.

sullat posted:

Why would we lie? This would gain us nothing.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

poor life choice posted:

So, what does Ohone think stone/iron/gold means? I'm guessing the stone were the first AIs, gold the golden age Minds, and iron the Abominable Intelligences?

I'm willing to bet it refers to function and autonomy. Gold being the primary constructor units like Athena, capable of stellar scale planning and development. Stone would be purpose built units designed for a single overarching function. From what we've heard that would be warfare in most instances. Context suggests Iron is the designation for low level single-purpose units. That is to say combat drones and laborers.

This is of course speculation, but it's not entirely unfounded.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Waci posted:

Gold was the top tier Minds, stone was the lesser Minds, Iron was the reason everything got hosed.

Why would we lie? This would gain us nothing.
It's not a lie, Athena was chained, not asleep.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

sullat posted:

Actaully, we could totally throw the heretical magos under the bus here for waking it up and grafting tyranids to it.

Also, you know, its kinda the truth.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
We could probably get away with "It asked me not to say."

Assuming that doesn't tee him off, maybe we could ask him what the gold/iron/stone designation means (to the Fabricator-General).

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
"Yes"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

TheParadigm posted:

Actaully, we could totally throw the heretical magos under the bus here for waking it up and grafting tyranids to it.

Actually yeah let's do this.

Reassure him that we're pretty sure it got rid of the Tyrannid parts though.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Actually yeah let's do this.

Reassure him that we're pretty sure it got rid of the Tyrannid parts though.

My memory is a little fuzzy. Did it give us the antidote to get rid of the proto-tyranids or did we cook it up ourselves based on the heretical magos's notes?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
"Let's not gently caress about here, you're not going to let me leave until you're satisfied. I'm not going to tell you what you want me to until I know who you are and what side you're on, and what those sides are...

Uhhhg, I dunno.

"So which faction do you consider yourself? Gold, Iron or Stone?"

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Oh boy, we're in Exalted now. Godlike beings battling for the fate of humanity, Visions of Gold, Visions of Bronze Iron.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

TheParadigm posted:

Works for me

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Instead of answering straight up, ask again: Which future did you see?

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Tran posted:

I'm willing to bet it refers to function and autonomy. Gold being the primary constructor units like Athena, capable of stellar scale planning and development. Stone would be purpose built units designed for a single overarching function. From what we've heard that would be warfare in most instances. Context suggests Iron is the designation for low level single-purpose units. That is to say combat drones and laborers.

This is of course speculation, but it's not entirely unfounded.

This could make sense if the Irons single purpose was to 'Investigate the Warp'

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Ralith posted:

Instead of answering straight up, ask again: Which future did you see?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

So NANOWRIMO (50k words in 30 days) is next week.

Last time I succeeded the challenge was 2012.

Do we think Golgotha could have that tempo? :D

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
:frogon:

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

LowellDND posted:

start practicing now!

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

LowellDND posted:

How many words is this thing already?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'm going to estimate that your average update is 400 words long. Assuming that is true, you would have to update 125 times in order to hit 50k, which is not typical. So you'll either need to start updating like four or five times a day or making longer updates (and probably still multple times a day). It'll be dicey.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

How many words is this thing already?

As of "Terra Inner Cloud", 306k. So, maybe 325k?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

LowellDND posted:

As of "Terra Inner Cloud", 306k. So, maybe 325k?

Sheeeit. :allears:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

LowellDND posted:

You're pretty much there already

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I think it would be really tough unless you go absolutely wild with the slices of life/flashbacks or designate someone as Postmaster General. I volunteer as tribute.

It would be great to try, though! If you turned all voting into flash rounds it could be 1) hilarious and 2) something something the urgency of war.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Oh god flash rounds will kill us

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

VanSandman posted:

Oh god flash rounds will kill us

nuke vote wasn't a flash round

though it sure ended with one

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

:perfect:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

poor life choice posted:

I think it would be really tough unless you go absolutely wild with the slices of life/flashbacks or designate someone as Postmaster General. I volunteer as tribute.

It would be great to try, though! If you turned all voting into flash rounds it could be 1) hilarious and 2) something something the urgency of war.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qObs3P6IZMjoRjyq4U6dmEVd3a2eBSkH8AtXwyta_x4/edit

Plan is, bigger posts, more flavor text, more flashblacks and SoLs. Get your ideas in now :D

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Idea: Give JT Jag's surviving Tribunes more screen time. Especially the two which have had no screen time at all.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

More poo poo involving Sarge and Co. They need to be doing missions. Higher ups are fucktards. Any kind of SoL that starts, 'So no poo poo, there I was...'

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

:golfclap:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I would like to see more about Limosa. How does a day in his life go? Who are his friends? What does he really think of Ohone?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

VanSandman posted:

I would like to see more about Limosa. How does a day in his life go? Who are his friends? What does he really think of Ohone?

Does he have a girlfriend? A boyfriend? Is he actually a nice fun dude?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Brother Bricellus, Black Priest of Fabiyan

It was difficult in the extreme to find a quiet moment to approach the Domine Rex, but Bricellus had an easier time of it than most, as over the years he had manouevred and intimidated his way to the highest levels of the shipboard clergy under what he referred to as immunity and special means. Likewise, the fact that they were old acquaintances from long before helped to create a little wiggle room. His ascent was only further propelled by his initiation into the Black Priesthood of Maccabeus. He had, since then, strove to create a separate and independent Black Priesthood and formed it around the Holy Couple, which allowed him to integrate a unification of the aspects of Omnissiah and God-Emperor into Abrogate doctrine, with the Holy Couple seen as a divine convergence.

"My schedule is a nightmare, Bri, but you already know that. I mean, this morning I had three separate speeches, two meetings, that trade coalition assembly I told you about earlier and I still have sixteen more hours of that ahead of me before I can sit down to address the logistics reports. I've been waiting to see this though, ever since you first came to me with the idea." Amacita looked more harried and exhausted than usual, her blonde hair scraped back into a ponytail that probably could have done with a couple of runthroughs with a brush. Bricellus looked at her and chuckled, which would be an odd sound for those who only knew him after the Abraxas Incident and wordlessly he pulled a protein bar out of one of the pockets of his ebon greatcoat, handing it to her and hitting a button on the control pad in front of them.

Rows of ceiling lights clanked on loudly, revealing the vastness of the cargo bay ahead of them, and row by row, dozens of figures in fully-enclosed heavy carapace armour were illuminated. The armour was gloss black, polished to a mirror sheen and shaped for intimidation, and the helmets integrated Krieg gasmasks and targeters. Held at order in their hands were hellguns and meltas, and every tenth figure, standing several inches and several kilograms larger than their peers, held a heavy weapon of some sort, mostly lascannons and heavy flamers. Fully one hundred of these armoured soldiers stood at attention in a perfect squared formation some twenty metres below the platform Bricellus, Amacita and her loathesome little blank stood on. As the final set of lights revealed the last row of soldiers, as one they spoke through vox distorters built into their masks. "Faith. Duty. Sacrifice."

"I took the Abrogate template and made several modifications, but as you were aware these troopers are birthed without training. Their reduced sleep requirement and more efficient caloric processing allowed for much more intensive training so they completed advanced combat school in under six months. Further, I was permitted to requisition cybernetics from the Adeptus Mechanicus, so each figure you see below is roughly equivalent to a Mechanicus Skitaari."

"Impressive," Amacita replied as her gaze swept over the scores of motionless soldiers below.

Bricellus nodded, indicating several parts of the document on the dataslate he produced from within his greatcoat. "The First Company is dedicated first and foremost to bodyguard duty for the Holy Couple and the Domine Rex, as per the initial outline, and I am tasking a squad to you personally on ad perpetuum basis so you are more able to move freely about the ship. Other high-ranking officials will receive First Company squads pending review. Within a week or so the Second Company will complete their training, from there they will fulfill Temple Guard duties first, and assist the Priesthood in counter-heretic operations. They will also serve as elite dismounted infantry once we reach Golgotha."

Bricellus paused for a moment, pulling up a separate document on the slate.

"I also have plans in place to seed Abrogate units through other Imperial formations once we get there, and have been given marque to enlist the assistance of other talented individuals from amongst the crew and populace. I have several in mind who come highly recommended. I will forward you their details."

"Alright Bri, send me the details." Amacita said with a smile as her dataslate chimed. She peered down at it and looked up at Bricellus' craggy visage. It cracked into a small smile and he nodded again. "I know. Duty calls, and all must answer. faith be your shield." His churning bass voice rumbled. "And yours" she replied before heading for the exit. Brother Bricellus exhaled a contented sigh, pleased with all he had wrought in Their Name.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 22, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Ark is going to poo poo a brick now, I just know it, haha