Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Hm... I guess let's do a Primarch pilgrimage. Pick two.

Lion El Johnson, Dark Angels
Jaghatai Kahn, White Scars
Leman Russ, Space Wolves
Rogal Dorn, Imperial Fists
Ferrus Manus, Iron Hands
Guilliuman, Ultramarines
Vulkan, Salmanders
Corax, Raven Guard

The ones you choose will basically explore Ohone's feelings and thoughts through that frame.

The Third is Sanguinius, Blood Angels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Salamanders and Iron Hands

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
No way would we expose ourselves to such an easy assassination point. Bombs, they're all bombs!

Edit : I guess iron hands and whoever, the ultramarines guy?

"Hey smurflord, what's your game man? My momma says you playing us to the Horus gangers. "

Outrail fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 22, 2015

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Iron Hands, Ultramarines

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
The absurdity of everything around Leman Russ is my posting spirit animal and I hear electric guitar solos every time I read the word "Wolftime" soooo... then Ferrus Manus.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Iron Hands and Salamanders are reputed to be the best with manufacturing and technology I think?

And Salamanders and Space Wolves are least insane/most nice space marines.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Leman Russ because tanks and Corax because I've never heard anything about him.

I'm glad the Emperor's beautiful hawk boy is mandatory.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Skellybones posted:

Space Wolves are least insane
:dogbutton:

:russbus:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

I said 'least insane' not 'not insane'.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Ferrus Manus and Alpharius Omegon.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Tran posted:

Ferrus Manus and Alpharius Omegon.

Omegon doesnt have a statue :colbert:

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Pfft, not one for pilgrims. I'd bet there's one in the offices of the Inquisitor Lord terran though. I mean, as the founder of the grey knights and the only inquisition primarch he's kind of important.

He's also possibly Alpharius and not Omegon, but who would really know the difference?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Ferrus Manus, and Alpharius/Omegon.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists, as Terra is their planet. Ferrus Manus and the Iron Hands, because we have questions.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Going for my bro Leman Russ. Don't care about the other stuffy nerds.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Tran posted:

Pfft, not one for pilgrims. I'd bet there's one in the offices of the Inquisitor Lord terran though. I mean, as the founder of the grey knights and the only inquisition primarch he's kind of important.

He's also possibly Alpharius and not Omegon, but who would really know the difference?

Do you really want to see what the timeline is when you research Alpharius/Omegon? :v:

edit: k, one will definitly be Ferrus. If you havent voted yet, you get one vote from the following:

x x x Leman Russ, Space Wolves
x x Guilliuman, Ultramarines
x x Vulkan, Salmanders
x x Omegon, Grey Knights? Maybe?
x Corax, Raven Guard
x Rogal Dorn, Imperial Fists

Loel fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 22, 2015

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Lowell, Did we ask Hera about the spine or special privilege of having it?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Waci posted:

Ferrus Manus, and Alpharius/Omegon.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Iron Hands
Raven Guard

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Toughy posted:

Lowell, Did we ask Hera about the spine or special privilege of having it?

Not yet, Ill put it in the queue. -checks- Do you mean the xeno spine that grants memories, or the Eldar staff that vanished during Anna's reign?

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

LowellDND posted:

Not yet, Ill put it in the queue. -checks- Do you mean the xeno spine that grants memories, or the Eldar staff that vanished during Anna's reign?

Both please, if it works.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Vulkan.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

LowellDND posted:

Do you really want to see what the timeline is when you research Alpharius/Omegon? :v:

Oh come on, you know you want to write from the perspective of a pathological liar.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Russ

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Space Wolves, Ultramarines

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Ultrasmurfs, Iron Hands

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Leman Russ

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Ultramarines & Salamanders

No filthy Space Wolves for us!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

x x x x x, x Leman Russ, Space Wolves
x x x x Guilliuman, Ultramarines
x x x Vulkan, Salmanders
x x x Omegon, Grey Knights? Maybe?
x x Corax, Raven Guard
x Rogal Dorn, Imperial Fists

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Leman

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Space Wolves are the personification of :black101::rock:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Change my vote from ultramarines to Iron Hands.

What the hell was I thinking?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

We are definitely doing Iron Hands and Blood Angels. You dont need to vote for either of those, this is just to see the third choice :v:

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Horus

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
The Iron Hands were already a slam dunk, we're just picking the last one.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Space Wolves are the personification of :black101::rock:

:hellyeah:

e: Beaten like the forces of Chaos come the Wolftime. *guitar solo*

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Day 22
Current: 33,279
Total Goal: 36,666

Remembrance

The winding road was divided into nine independent shrines - at the beginning of the Great Crusade, there had been twenty, one for each Primarch. Those that had fallen to the Great Enemy had their statues cast down and broken, and now only nine remained. If the road was ever empty, it would show nine statues of pristine glory, taller than mountains.

The road was never empty, and hadn’t been for ten thousand years. A city had grown around each statue, dedicated to their memory and likeness. A handful of Space Marines from each founding Legion resided in those cities, always on the look-out for potential recruits. Millions of people travel through the cities every hour, and perhaps only a dozen might be chosen. Of those, only two or three might survive the implantations.

Every Primarch had lessons to offer Humanity - something to emulate, to learn from. Going to their shrine cities was to learn their life and their lessons, in the hope that some aspect of them would be granted to you in your own life. Customarily, each person would visit three shrines, although the source of this custom was long forgotten. And by equal custom, the last shrine, the most significant, was to the Angel Sanguinius, who died to weaken Horus enough that the God-Emperor could end the Heresy.

Why each shrine was chosen on a pilgrimage was left to that pilgrim, without judgement. Were not all the Primarchs worthy of emulation? And so, some went to shrines who had traits they favored. Jaghatai Kahn, for example, might be chosen for the instant obedience and emphasis of a quick and immediate response to the will of the God-Emperor. Or, perhaps, they wanted to mourn and grieve, and so went to the shrine of the the Lion.

The shrines of the Ultramarines and the Imperial Fists were the largest, alongside the final shrine of Sanguinius, for they represented all that was good about the Imperium. Civilization itself were Guilliman and Dorn, with the Ultramarines holding the gate at Macragge and the Fists holding Terra itself. As such, the most common route was Guilliman, Dorn, and Sanguinius. Not to say the others were unvisited - every shrine city had dozens, hundreds of millions of visitors - the most fortunate and favored in all the Imperium, for they walked the Remembrance Road.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

And, for a strange mirror world... The Dornian Heresy

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/heresy/thedornianheresy.pdf

The Imperial Heresy

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Imperial_Heresy

The Eldar Gambit

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/14094031/

Loel fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Nov 22, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Day 22
Current: 33,670

Ferrus Manus

The Remembrance City of the Iron Hands was a massive, hulking thing, as befit its ideology. The pilgrims who came to it valued an unflinching determination to the will of the God-Emperor. Endurance of pain, endurance of violence, an abandonment of the weak organic flesh for better things.

Of all the pilgrims who visit Terra, it is these who value augmentations the most. In the same way that it was difficult to see where flesh ended and machine began, it was difficult to see where the Iron Hands ended and the Mechanicus began. They were one being, here, and everywhere else.

Half the sound was the chanting of the sacred binary, and the spectacle of endurance was everything here. Replacing limbs and organs with minimal anesthesia, or challenges of will - reaching into boiling war or caustic chemicals. For in suffering, in the abandonment of organic flesh, could the will of the Primarch be followed.

There were few people here who would be shocked at such behavior - the pilgrims who came here knew what it was about, knew that in enduring you grew strong. Instead, they pushed themselves in stoic silence, and you were reminded of your Abrogates in many ways. It was no wonder, than, that you had gotten along so well.

It was here that you meditated on the history of the Primarch. Cast to a feral world by the Great Enemy, he received his iconic iron hands battling a dragon of lava, and they served him well his entire life. When the God-Emperor found him and granted him command, he melded the people he grew up with with the soldiers he was given, and forced them into one being. So, too, did you meld the Krieg and the Drusians, the Dregs and the Tribes.

Ferrus’ closest friend was Fulgrim, another Primarch of tremendous skill and talent. They forged great things together, great crafters that they were, and they traded their most perfect creations to each other - the hammer Forgebreaker and the sword Fireblade. They worked together in the Great Crusade, and together destroyed a xeno/human society who called themselves the Diasporex. Their leader’s last words were famously ‘We only wished to be left alone.’ You meditated on this, that human and xeno should not live or work together, and that the God-Emperor demanded this ideology spread across the entire galaxy.

During the Horus Heresy, Fulgrim fell to the Great Enemy, and attacked Ferrus. Even though they were best friends, brothers, together for a century of warfare and alchemy, the Great Enemy subverted him, and they fought until they could endure no more. Ferrus was knocked unconscious, and Fulgrim killed all his men before leaving. In this, you meditated that even your best friend, Family or lover could be turned and fall.

Fulgrim retreated to Istvaan with all his armies, all the known traitors, and Ferrus pursued with a heart of righteous fury. His armies advanced farthest, fastest, leaving behind the other supporting legions of Space Marines, and had soon cornered Fulgrim at the edge of a valley. Ferrus swore that he would end this treason, here and now. Fulgrim laughed.

‘We are ending it, yes, but it is you who shall fall.’

Behind Ferrus, the second wave of legions - all turned to the Great Enemy. The Iron Hands were trapped in a valley on all sides, surrounded by fresh troops. Only through a ruthless and uncompromising vision, an endurance of things no army and no person could ever imagine could be endured, did the Iron Hands manage to escape. In this, you meditated on the nature of victory, and how a stubborn resolve could overcome even terrible odds. Weakness was to abandoned, and strength must be pursued. Many were the lessons given to you, at the Shrine-City of the Iron Hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Day 22
Current: 34,306

Shrine City

Hera looked around her disdainfully. “They woke me up for this?”
Ching Shih winced. “Quiet, they’ll hear you.” Around them, thousands of Iron Hand acolytes, tens of thousands of pilgrims. Ohone was walking around looking contemplative, Christ only knew what she was thinking. Probably the need for more purges.
“No, they won’t. And even if they did, so what?”
“Because of your scary time travelling swords?”
“No, because their bosses work for me.”
“Yeah, but they don’t know that.”
“God…” Hera sighed. “Sometimes I just want to blow up the planet and start over.”
“Please don’t. We’ve put a lot of effort into it.”
“I seem to recall putting in a lot more, and seeing it get screwed up afterwards.”
“Well… uhm. You got me.” Ching Shih shrugged. “At least let me leave first?”
Hera raised her arms behind her head, stretched, sighed again. “I wouldn’t. Not really.”
“Humanity thanks you.”
“Don’t be rude.”

Ching Shih made a face at her when she wasn’t looking, then replied.
“So, what’s your angle, anyway?”
“My angle?”
“Second godlike AI I’ve met, and both seem happy to talk to me.”
“Who else would we talk to?” Hera gestured. “This place is a poo poo-hole.”
“I suppose. Just seems weird. Why am I the gods’ confidant?”
“Believe it or not, I prefer that sort of relationship. All this hierarchy bullshit is Ohone’s thing.” Hera’s lips quirked into a smile. “I just want to paint pictures.”
“I hear that. This place is a nightmare. I just want to work on my wraithbone sculptures, but every day it’s another war or another purge.”
“Why don’t you do something about it?”
Ching Shih blinked. “I’m sorry?”
Hera gestured. “I’ve got all sorts of rules limiting me. You don’t. And you know where Humanity comes from, what we could be. How we can be so much better than this. Why don’t you do something?”
“Well, I’m a refugee out of time and have no connections or local knowledge.”
“Please. You’ve been here two years and you’ve practically eaten Caroline’s brain.”
“Our fearless leader is a trigger happy maniac who refuses all advice, independence, or input.”
“You grew up under Nathan loving Dorne. Does she really compare?”
Ching Shih’s expression turned thoughtful. “Hm.”