Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

paragon1 posted:

Get all the conversation options, talk the final boss into killing itself. :getin:

We even have Morte! :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Votin' Plan Lanky Coconut Tree.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Voting for my dad.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Definitely a low estimate, then. The Beast is a dozens of kilometers long monstrosity. Probably low by a factor of ten.
Don't worry about the hard numbers, though. Just tell us how much of the hive we can steal in one go.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Plan LCT

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

+1 to plan my dad!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Arcturas posted:

Do we need the relevant gun skills to stick them on our mechadendrites? Like, if we want to mount a melta pistol on a mechadendrite, or a power weapon, do the tentacles get their own skills or do we need to be competent?

I checked with the 40k thread, and consensus there seems to be that you need the skills to use them properly.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

The mechadendrite is basically just an extra hand that has a weapon built in. It still uses your BS to fire, and your talents to modify damage and chance of hitting or jamming.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Plan Lanky Conconut Tree but swap CL Imperial Creed for Marksman

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Sure, plan LCT

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
We've established ourselves as someone who can't and doesn't use guns so let's stick with that. There's so much better stuff that we can use wit extra limbs. Bioweapons, cats, sonic weaponry, grenades...

Also, how did we not vote to throw Flours at the psiders? I was looking forward to seeing what toxiclaws did against a biological distributed cognitive network.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outrail posted:

We've established ourselves as someone who can't and doesn't use guns so let's stick with that. There's so much better stuff that we can use wit extra limbs. Bioweapons, cats, sonic weaponry, grenades...

Also, how did we not vote to throw Flours at the psiders? I was looking forward to seeing what toxiclaws did against a biological distributed cognitive network.

... Yeah, that would have been pretty funny. :allears:

We have one hell of a wishlist developing: 15 100 point choices

Peer Military x x x x x, x x x x x, x x x x
Dodge x x x x x, x x x x x, x x x
SL Tactica x x x x x, x x x x x, x x x
Disguise x x x x x, x x x x x,
Chymystry x x x x x, x x x x x, x
Shadowing x x x x x, x x x x x,
Concealment x x x x x, x x x x x,
Imperial Creed x x x x x, x x x x x,
CL Admin x x x x x, x x x x x,
Orthoproxy x x x x x, x x x x x,
E succor x x x x x, x x x x
Trade (Techno) x x x x x, x x
Sound Con x x x x x, x x
Heraldry x x x x x,
CL Imperium x x x x
Evaluate +10 x x x x
Tal Diplo x x x
Master Orator x x
Command x x
Maglev Grace x x
Manipulator x
Utility x
Drive Hover x
Diplo + 10 x
Toughness x
use (gun) x
peer admin x
peer government x
SL Archaic x
SL Chymistry +10 x
SL Chymistry +20 x
Heraldry +10 x
SL imp creed +10 x
SL Legends x
SL mercantile x
SL philo x
marksman x

edit: I figure Ill keep the voting open till tomorrow morning. I wanna work on my side project today.

Loel fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jan 11, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Not sure about everything else but

magleg grace for combat fuckery
peer military for meat shields and training of meat shields
sound constitution because reasons
chymystry for delivering drugs

Actually, making hosed up drugs then loading them into a Flours who has been chipped to be a remote controlled hiding in plain sight assassin/spy/weapon/nightlight could be... Useful. Also voting for whatever accomplishes that.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
You are going to let us read what you submit, right?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Deadmeat5150 posted:

You are going to let us read what you submit, right?

Well, I expect the contest rules won't let me until after they give the yay or nay, but I plan to as soon as I can, yes :)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Forget guns, which skill would make us better at frying dude's brains with some kind of techno-fuckery? Worked against the spider.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Two questions:
1.Does the Imperium have lightning cannons?

2.Why haven't we discreetly integrated one into one of our limbs yet?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Toughness increase, you fools! Getting our Toughness bonus up to 4 lets Ohone soak an extra point of damage every time she gets hit (and float for another minute if we pick up Maglev Grace).

Also voting for Dodge, Orthoproxy, and Electrical Succor. A Medicae Mechadendritewouldn't hurt either, since we do have a pretty good Int for it to be connected to, and we have Medicae to help that out as well. Peer Military will help us too, for the current warzone.

I would get a Gun Mechadendrite, but Ohone's BS is kinda poor, so it probably wouldn't help much.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 12, 2015

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

paragon1 posted:

Two questions:
1.Does the Imperium have lightning cannons?

2.Why haven't we discreetly integrated one into one of our limbs yet?

There is something called an electropult. We haven't integrated one into our arm yet because the listed weight for the electropult is 38kg. I think a Neural Shredder would be more up our alley anyway.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Point buy

Peer Military x x x x x, x x x x x, x x x x x, x
Dodge x x x x x, x x x x x, x x x x
SL Tactica x x x x x, x x x x x, x x x
Disguise x x x x x, x x x x x,
Chymystry x x x x x, x x x x x, x x
Shadowing x x x x x, x x x x x,
Concealment x x x x x, x x x x x,
Imperial Creed x x x x x, x x x x x,
CL Admin x x x x x, x x x x x,
Orthoproxy x x x x x, x x x x x, x
E succor x x x x x, x x x x x, x
Trade (Techno) x x x x x, x x
Sound Con x x x x x, x x x
Heraldry x x x x x,
CL Imperium x x x x
Evaluate +10 x x x x
Tal Diplo x x x
Master Orator x x
Command x x
Maglev Grace x x x
Manipulator x
mecha (medicae) x
Utility x
Drive Hover x
Diplo + 10 x
Toughness x x
use (gun) x
peer admin x
peer government x
SL Archaic x
SL Chymistry +10 x
SL Chymistry +20 x
Heraldry +10 x
SL imp creed +10 x
SL Legends x
SL mercantile x
SL philo x
marksman x

Top 15 listed with points, Ill begin updating the character sheet.

I am unsure if Ill write a post today. There was some hilarious drama yesterday and I purged half my fb friends, so that's been occupying my time.

I dunno. Maybe Ill have a rockstar and feel back into it. We'll see.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

We are becoming quite the scholar/spy

Skills:

Awareness
Barter
Basic Weapons Training (Las)
Charm
Common Lore (Administarium)
Common Lore (Imperial Creed)
Common Lore (Imperium)
Common Lore (Machine Cult) (Int)
Common Lore (Tech) (Int)
Concealment
Deceive
Disguise
Diplomacy
Dodge
Electro Graft Use
Evaluate (Int)
Forbidden Lore (Archaeotech) (Int)
Forbidden Lore (Xenos)
Inquiry (Fel)
Literacy (Int)
Logic (Int)
Medicae
Melee Weapons (Primitive)
Pistol Training (Las)
Scholastic Lore (Bureaucracy)
Scholastic Lore (Chymistry)
Scholastic Lore (Cryptology) (Int)
Scholastic Lore (Heraldry)
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)
Security (Int)
Scrutiny
Search
Secret Tongue (Tech) (Int)
Shadowing
Speak Language (High Gothic) (Int)
Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)
Silent Move
Tech Use (Int) +20
Track
Trade (Armourer) (Str)
Trade (Technomat) +10 Armourer +10
Trade (Copyist) (Int)
Trade (Technomat)
Wrangling

Talents:
Tainted Blood (applied)
Peer (Nobility), Peer (Mercantile), Peer (Military)
Legacy of Wealth : Double starting wealth and income.
Vendetta : Abraxus the Daemon of Slaanesh
Sound Constitution
Sound Constitution
Talented: Deceive
Resistance: Fear
Cogs Within Cogs
Paranoia
Wolf Pack Tactics
Orthoproxy
Electrical Succor

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Now of course it's up to you to write us some tense, exciting scholastic lore checks.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Chantilly Say posted:

Now of course it's up to you to write us some tense, exciting scholastic lore checks.

You laugh, I bet I could make a library interesting :colbert:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Chantilly Say posted:

I'm not joking, lore skills are some of the best skills in the game, contested only by Commerce and Trade skills. Sure, if you want to purge one heretic, a gun would do, but if you have to purge 2 billion, well, you want Scholastic Lore (Chymistry).

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

LowellDND posted:

You laugh, I bet I could make a library interesting :colbert:

It's true, you probably could.
And you have in the past, if I remember correctly

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Chantilly Say posted:

Examples of tense, exciting scholastic lore checks: Sherlock Holmes, CSI, House MD (although that's technically Sherlock Holmes again)...

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Bah, should've made my case for a Toughness increase immediately after I saw that Lowell had updated. Instead, I had to get to work and didn't have a chance to do so until I got home later in the day... By the Omnissiah, next time we're buying that increase.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

We're 500 points from another level, it'll happen fast.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
We better be getting Maglev Grace then.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

my dad posted:

Examples of tense, exciting scholastic lore checks: Sherlock Holmes, CSI, House MD (although that's technically Sherlock Holmes again)...

Ohone tells people to be quiet, she has to go to her mind palace. Sits there sorting through information at lightning speed while everyone else glances around nervously. A minute later she opens her eyes and calls for an exterminatus.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

^^^^ we can but dream :allears:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Wrote my 500 word draft for the BL. I think its trash, but Ill edit it a few more times before I send in the final submission.

Ill start brainstorming for what happens next in this fic Soon. Gotta sign up for classes this semester too.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

K, so. My roomies have interrupted my XCOM marathon to hatewatch Friends, so I’ve actually been productive today. Emails sent out, school prep work almost ready, so on and so forth. I also sent in my final draft to Black Library, so we’ll see if it goes anywhere.

So I guess it’s time for a fic!

Rest and Resupply

The might of the Imperial Guard could warm your mechanical heart sometimes, couldn’t it just. Below you, spread out in a panoply of glory, was the entire Nallani Army. A million troops, dedicated to the righteousness of the God-Emperor. Thousands of tanks, trucks, artillery pieces, missile rovers, all the machines of the Omnissiah, ready to enact their iron will upon this little world.

Sometimes it was enough to overwhelm you. Sometimes it could make your heart sing, knowing that there were a hundred other armies just like this one, scattered across the planet. And that even that formidable force, more than all the armies of Holy Terra at the Dawn of Mankind, was but a water drop in the ocean that was the Armies of Humanity. This vast effort, more than you had ever seen before, was simply to help ease the supplies of an even more vast war effort, a century long conflict in an entirely distant sector.

And you knew, in some small way, that you and your Family had a vital part to play in this struggle.

The next platform slowly clicked downwards, riding gears the size of skyscrapers. It bore the weight of ten thousand tons of supplies, enough to keep a corps in combat for a week. And it, you knew, was one of twenty four platforms that were mounted upon the space elevator that connected to the Beast. One every hour, enough time for a horde of trucks to swarm over it, gather the thousands of crates and quadcons, and rush them to the Front. This effort, you knew, would continue for as long as the war did.

Under normal conditions, the Beast would settle into low orbit, deploy the space elevator, and unload megatons of trade goods. It would take about three weeks for a full unload, and then it would be on to the next world. Here, though, thousands of supply ships were coming out of the Warp, parasiting onto your (or others’) ships, and filling their holds with munitions, troops, ammo. A daisy chain that spanned star systems, it had taken years to organize and initiate, and would in all likelihood continue for years to come.

If the war went badly, gigatons of supplies and millions of men and women would arrive to a hostile world. That happened, sometimes. Xenos, or heretic battleships, might just sit in orbit for years to follow, destroying the defenseless cargoships, scattering them like dust across the sky. Or worse, they might be hijacked, stolen, a rogue Governor taking it upon herself to declare against Holy Terra.

For now, though, they arrived in the grateful arms of Lord-Sire, who levied a fee for every ton transmitted. The Family was making money hand-over-fist in this venture, and the risk to the Family itself was negligible. It paid better than the normal trade routes, really. And if the xenos began swarming the landing bays? Well, Lord-Sire could just cut the cables and transit back into the Warp.

Bit rough on you, but then that’s what you signed up for.

As it was, though, the Beast was delivering about 240 kilotons of material daily. You could almost hear the planet groaning under the added weight. With a hundred ships like yours, the Imperium was adding about a quarter billion tons per day. Nearly a third to half of it was expended nearly immediately in the war effort - exploded artillery shells, eaten food, things of that nature.

The rest, though, was the building of the Cities-Militant.

In a smaller war, in an older age, they might have just been called military bases. In this war, however, they were dwarf cities, gathering like mushrooms after a rain. They hunkered around the Hives, looking at them with sullen envy. Hive Bravo, in the north, brook no challengers, disdainful of it all. She was a hundred times the size of the war building up around her, a thousand. Already, the loss of life there was more than anything the Imperial Guard could have submitted.

Latching yourself onto the (much smaller) service elevator, you began your descent through the troposphere. It was nice, sometimes, to get a picture of things. See it with your own eyes, with a big picture perspective. Maps were good and all, but sometimes you felt the abstraction got in the way of what really mattered. Letting you see the scale of a million troops did more than any mere tile on a piece of paper.

As you descended, you could see the handiwork of the Mechanicus Sectutor. Most people, if they thought about it at all, believed the Sectutors to be monstrous machines of tentacles and lascannons. While this was true, that was only a very small part of their actual tasks. The logistics, the building of the war machine, and the cities that allowed them to work, were as much the duties of the Sectutors, and much more longstanding. The siegeworks of a properly applied Sectutor could stand for centuries.

This was fortunate, because sometimes the sieges did too.

You rather hoped that wasn’t the case here, but you could see the preparations being built. If there was a river, a bridge was built, repaired, or reinforced upon it. Broken roads were relayered. Airfields designated. Control towers, radio towers, observation towers, all rose out of the earth like concrete grass. All of it infinitely defensible, with wide open fields of fire, deep layered bunkers, artillery that moved on underground tracks.

Much of the army was still on the surface, but every day they went deeper, and further north. Your investigations of the tunnels below had been met with great success, and even now regiments were pushing forward. In the last two weeks the war front had advanced nearly five kilometers, well ahead of schedule. With your news of the secret elevator, a large force of xeno hybrids had been crushed between two forces. You had even heard there was a betting pool to see what you did next.

On the other side of the space elevator, you could see the great platform clicking ever upwards. It was carrying fragments of the purifier plant you had found, and you knew that even now your Magos was recreating it in the hold of the ship. Quietly, you had been looking for prospects for the missing pieces, and thought you had found a winner. A nearby regiment of troops, with their independent supply train. They had some twenty large trucks that were dedicated to cleaning water, allowing for showers, toiletries, and hygiene for nearly a thousand soldiers.

You’d been brainstorming methods on how to steal twenty trucks, but nothing had come to mind just yet. You probably had another week before your Magos figured out that there were no more pieces coming, and that was a conversation you’d rather not have. Sending a brief prayer to Ching Shih, you hoped that inspiration would strike you.

Grabbing a ride from the space elevator, you slowly made your way through the city that had sprung up around you. It was a wild mess of traffic, trucks going every which way, and you could see that many soldiers had the same idea you had. They were stacked onto the vehicles forty deep, and you could see the engines straining at the unexpected weight. You wondered if the city would eventually get a dedicated internal traffic program. Probably.

Your vehicle passed through the market that seemed endemic to all human affairs. You could see many products that had made it way from the Beast, and you inwardly laughed at seeing what the markup had gotten to. You sensed Amacita’s presence in that - she had turned out to have a remarkably deft hand for this sort of thing. The smells, the sounds, the shouting of the place was overwhelming, and you were absently surprised that anyone could get that argumenative over some non-essential.

The unexpected hot item here was the meatbeasts. You weren’t sure how they had gotten down here, or in such numbers, but they seemed limitless. You guessed that if you had taken the Elders up on showing you the secret ways of Between, they would have shown you some factory farm, because that was really the only way you could explain the quantities you were seeing. Even weirder, the Nallani troops seemed to have developed some mythos about them as lucky. You guessed that was because they were present at the first big river breakthrough (which was all you), but even so. Some of the stories you were hearing were mindboggling.

The soldiers were saying that meatbeasts made great pets, or totem animals for a squad. Machines worked better in their presence. You could leave something broken out at night with some figment of food, and it would be fixed in the morning. Of that claim, you were most skeptical. You knew just how hard it was to console the Machine-Spirits sometimes, and a bit of food and a night off was not the method.

It might just be troops being superstitious though. It was probably easier to be cynical of others when they hadn’t been inducted into the Mysteries and you had.

Speaking of.. Matthais had taken Tanya under his wing. Or vice-versa, you weren’t sure. You could hear the sound of explosions, though, as you drove by one of the demolition fields. He was teaching her basic door breaching techniques, and she was refining his pistol work. She seem most excited about the recent developments though - a combination of det cord, C4 blocks, and IV bags.

And, of course, you were teaching them both basic principles of the Mysteries. Your regiment was going to be one of the most tech-saavy around, and your retinue doubly so. As servants of a Tech-Priest, you demanded no less of them. Even knowing a handful of the important rituals could greatly increase their combat performance, and you sometimes daydreamed about getting them equal to elite troops of the Magos. Omnissiah, but what Tanya could be able to do with the most sacred tech!

Maybe someday you could get a favor from the Temple of Assassins…

Conveniently enough, the triage tents were near the training yards. You hoped the buildings were sound proof, otherwise the explosions might make them jump at an awkward moment. Giving it some thought, you decided they were probably used to it by now, being in a combat zone. What it did mean, though, was that the body pits were nearby as well. Someone in the city-planning had a sense of humor, as the smell of body disposal smelled remarkably of meatbeasts cooking in the market.

The general procedure was, after a training accident or death on the operating table, the body was brought here. Stripped of any useful organs or blood (for transfusions and grafting), it was thrown in a mass grave. Given the scale of the war, individual burials would be prohibitive, and sending bodies back to their families (through the Warp) might arrive centuries after (or before) they left. Hence, the mass graves.

Every now and then, they were doused with promethium and ignited, but it was a half hearted effort at best. You’d already scouted the place out, and it only had a handful of guards, militia level or worse. The thought of all those unused skulls got your fingers itching, and you resolved to grab a few dozen once other matters were taken care of.

Finally, you arrived at your regimental balliwick. You hadn’t decided on a regimental name yet, but you certainly rated the zone. Bringing ten thousand troops, or near enough, to a battlefield when it was most needed gave you certain perks, and you intended to take full advantage of them. Some of the Nallani units had broken under the xeno breach, and you had kidnapped rescued as many of the admin and technical support as you could.

The range and depth of their knowledge was breathtaking, and you had spent many long nights learning all you could from them. You never knew when something might be useful, and now that you were in such rarified heights as generals and lords, you couldn’t be the provincial bumpkin. Some of the rituals and ceremonies of the landbound were bizarre, but needs must. You thought you had a basic handle on a lot of it, although you hoped your future faux pas wouldn’t be too catastrophic. It would be terrible to let down your Family after your success thus far.

You had loosely organized your horde into three brigades. One was the disco pilgrims, lead by Jeb. They were generally used for shock tactics that didn’t require much finesse. The second brigade was your personal guard, the best of the SubSixers. They had a fantastic background for technology, and you were developing it as fast you could. The third brigade was logistical and support - the old, slow and weak.

You would prefer not to commit them to battle, and most of them didn’t even have weapons yet. Not that it mattered, they wouldn’t know how to use them. Instead, you encouraged them to make sure the Subsix Combat Brigade had whatever it needed, particularly in repairs and construction. This was convenient, because SCB was mostly their kin. A bit of emotional manipulation that you expected would provide great dividends later.

Frankly, you had been focusing on the SC Brigade for the most part. Father Kraig was grooming them wonderfully, and their fitness was quickly catching up to their technical expertise. Feeding them all wasn’t (yet) a problem; you had cut a deal with Amacita. Lord-Sire got to charge the Imperial Guard for feeding a division of troops, and also got to be paid for loaning the Guard said division. So far, no one important had noticed you were double dipping, but you were making back up plans of bribes or accidents just in case.

Your troops (even some of the Nallani!) had taken to calling you the Brevet General. You had mixed feelings on this. You weren’t in the chain of command, so didn’t actually rate the title of General, nor had you gone through the requirements or strictures to hold such a rank. It would be like some technician calling themselves a Magos, it would be surreal in the extreme. Perhaps even perverse.

On the other hand, though, it did suggest that the Guard, at least on the lower tiers, were in favor of you. Knowing you were behind two major victories (the river breach and the tunnel trap) had definitely helped out your reputation. And, of course, giving yourself titles was a long standing tradition of the nobility, so it was possible that bit of pretension might help you out later.

All in all, your action in the quarries were becoming legend. Showing up with a regiment of troops and a secret entrance after being missing for weeks was like something out of the stories. You were even considering some sort of addendum to the Imperial Cult, in which the troops treated you as the avatar of the Omnissiah. That wasn’t even that far from doctrine, hierarchies being what they were, but it might be useful to help the process along a little.

Your own quarters, to put it politely, were palatial. You had never had access to space like that, even a fraction of that space. Your regimental HQ and personal quarters in one, they were buried deep in the earth, wrapped in the comforting embrace of concrete and steel. Hard line wires connected you to the web that was Imperial communication - resistant to being jammed, but possible to be destroyed or hacked. You used your own encryption algorithms, just in case.

You even had your own labs!

Nothing worth the name, of course, but it was the thought that counted. You didn’t really have time for the really interesting work - all of your waking hours was spent getting your regiment up to speed or learning everything you could in preparation for the General. Still, you had given yourself a small break between stacks of books, and gotten a little scalpel time.

The psider, as you had taken to calling it, was fascinating. Your initial thought that it was a psyker of some sort was all wrong. Psyker brains had certain traits (as you had learned under the Magos Biologis), and the psider had none of them. Instead, it could almost be said to have their opposite - a strange and twisted formation of tissue and disbelief. Even dead, it made your labs a cold and unpleasant place, and Megabite refused to enter. Your staff rang a bell when they had to. A literal bell, it was strung through the wall.

Fluors, for her own inscrutable reasons, liked to sleep next to it. Sometimes cats made no sense at all.

You did, also, have the chance to do your other work. It had taken some time to find an astropath - they were in short supply. (Your mind carefully avoided the thought of Mother, and what hive mind she might be creating in a war zone). Still, you had gotten a message out to Inquistor Kozilek. Using a dead drop and one-time pad, you had updated him on the situation - the warp daemon Abraxus, the nature of Mother, your own increased role as Brevet General.

You allowed yourself a little chuckle. You rather doubted most acolytes had such meteoric rises. But then, you were destined for greatness.

What should our Regiment be called?

Holy long post batman! About two weeks have passed in game, and we’re coming up on decision time. We’re at seven or so pages and I’d rather post then keep going. The next scene is going to be going to the Nallani HQ where you will get updated on the war.

Any prep you want to do?

Loel fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 17, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm partial to Deep Thirteen but I doubt the reference still exists that far in the future.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Sub-Sixty Niners Given their origin and proclivities when we found them. I see no other appropriate name. The 69th Trallian infantry

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
We need to keep our eye on the ball at this briefing. How can we get hold of those trucks, get ourselves to whatever part of the front the Magos' objective is, and make stupid amounts of money? In no particular order.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Grognan posted:

Sub-Sixty Niners Given their origin and proclivities when we found them. I see no other appropriate name. The 69th Trallian infantry

Chantilly Say posted:

We need to keep our eye on the ball at this briefing. How can we get hold of those trucks, get ourselves to whatever part of the front the Magos' objective is, and make stupid amounts of money? In no particular order.
Both of these. Also, don't claim we're an Avatar of the Omnissiah. It's a little too pretentious. I don't see anything wrong with calling ourselves the Omnissiah's Left Hand though. Pointedly not the right. The right hand is what (a majority of) people use for brute tasks that require strength. We, however, do the subtle things that the Omnissiah needs done.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Considering our brief past history, we're clearly The Tunnel Rats Cats

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

JT Jag posted:

Both of these. Also, don't claim we're an Avatar of the Omnissiah. It's a little too pretentious. I don't see anything wrong with calling ourselves the Omnissiah's Left Hand though. Pointedly not the right. The right hand is what (a majority of) people use for brute tasks that require strength. We, however, do the subtle things that the Omnissiah needs done.

I find the implication that the blessed Omnissiah has only two hands like some wretched meat sack to be rather heretical. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
The Omnissiah's Left Lower Back Mechadendrite (the other one)(with the grippy plier)