Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Mr Apollo posted:

Blessed be the God-Emperor! Blessed be his Saint, Fabiyan the Reborn! Fabiyan the Savior! Fabiyan the Slayer!

loving A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Gah! Are we dead?

Not that we need it but we've become so much machine, do we really need our body to survive? Won't our cogs go into sleep mode and our fleshy bits drop to stasis?

The human brain can survive around 3 minutes without oxygen before brain damage sets in.

RIP Fate point and Matty :(

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Witness! :vince:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Outrail posted:

Gah! Are we dead?

Not that we need it but we've become so much machine, do we really need our body to survive? Won't our cogs go into sleep mode and our fleshy bits drop to stasis?

The human brain can survive around 3 minutes without oxygen before brain damage sets in.

This isn't us spending fate. This is Fabiyan doing his thing.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I'm at lowells house and now I know all the answers ever and also can't get him probated rip

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
If the Krieger's belief influences reality... are they orks

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

This works for the Sisters of Battle too.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Althair posted:

This works for the Sisters of Battle too.

The question remains unanswered.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

One of them finally undoes his gas mask and we find out they're just really skinny/short orks. Would make sense. They were only following orders because they got to krump all the time.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Outrail posted:

Gah! Are we dead?

BY HIS WILL YOU ARE RAISED FROM THE ASHES OF THIS WORLD

Also, you didn't spend a Fate point because it was literally the God-Emperor bringing you back.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

LowellDND posted:

Also, you didn't spend a Fate point because it was literally the God-Emperor bringing you back.

Oh, yes. Praise to the Emparah and his shiny chair!

It figures the corpse-king would know a thing or two about necromancy.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

LowellDND posted:

Did we get to talk to him? Can I ask him what's up with the shoulderpads?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

LowellDND posted:

Behold the Master of Mankind, in His power!
Honor the Master of Mankind, for His Sacrifice!
Revere the Master of Mankind, for His benevolence!

In all things, let His Will be Done!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

THE MAGOS DID NOTHING WRONG

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Funnily enough the Emperor would hate the fact the he has been turned into a religion.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Are there any Krieg Space Marines, by the way?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Blessed be the Emperor, who's light purges away the dark. Even in death, duty does not end! Praise his saint, lord Fabiyan, through which His works are made manifest.

Our divine mandate has been granted. We go now to His angel, our goddess, and begin to cleanse the filth of this world.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

dog kisser posted:

Are there any Krieg Space Marines, by the way?

I'd think they don't let Krieg become space marines for the same reason Superman is a boring protagonist.

v: So pretty much how Orks work?

Outrail fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 26, 2015

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
First thing we say the moment we awake and see Fabiyan: "I guess we're even now."

Mind you, if this IS the grace of the God-Emperor, one wonders if he is tacitly sanctioning our dealings with Athena, the Eldar, and everything else, or if he's just going "Well, according to my analysis everything will go completely pear-shaped if she dies here so much as I dislike it let's have her back." Or possibly even going "I don't think much of her, but Fabiyan's a good bloke, so let's let him have this."

Sometimes, you can't help but think that gods could stand to be a little more explicit in their messaging.

Oasx posted:

Funnily enough the Emperor would hate the fact the he has been turned into a religion.

There is the possibility that it isn't the Emperor exactly performing the miracles, but the belief structure that the Imperium has built around him - i.e. humanity as a whole believes the God-Emperor watches over them, and so over time something based on the Emperor but not exactly him has come to be.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

We've really got to stop dying. I can't imagine it's very good for our health. Not to mention, It's gonna look real funny if someone decides to check up on us.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Xun is watching me write this

You opened your eyes, blinked. Fabiyan was looking down at you, framed by a set of wings, his face glowing with a vitality you had never seen. Around you, a dozen Krieger gas masks were surrounding you. You felt your neck, confused. You remembered flying across the room, thinking you were dying....

“Fabiyan? Are we dead?”
He almost smiled. “Briefly. The God-Emperor brought you back.”
Skepticism filled your voice. “Really. Personally.”
He flared his wings, met your eyes.
“Okay, maybe so. We won?”
“Yeah. They are both dead.”
“You got them both?”
“By the God-Emperor’s Grace, yeah.”
“Hell of a thing.”
“Yeah.”
“What do we do now?”
“Rebuild, I guess. We’re still heading for Titan.”
You gripped his arm. “Oh, Saints. I did something stupid.”
“Well, yeah. You got yourself killed.” He poked your shoulder.
“No, not that. Well, besides that.”
He looked at you. “What, then?”
“I need to go through her files. And rally up a HQ team. Limosa, Edourd. Whoever you think we need.”
“What is it?”
“If I’m right… everything.”

Who is in your Retinue/HQ team?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

loot loot loot

Rip my Waifu she will live on in my heart

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Fabiyan, Limosa, Edourd, Dwarf, Devries, Mom, Winterswijk, Jeb.

Also, yea, loot.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Waci posted:

Fabiyan, Limosa, Edourd, Dwarf, Devries, Mom, Winterswijk, Jeb.

Also, yea, loot.

Yeah this too

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Xun posted:

Rip my Waifu she will live on in my heart

That can be arranged. We may not be a Biologis, but I'm sure we can think of something.

Edit: Do we want to take Devries out of his simulation, or do we hilariously want to keep him inside the sim so that he thinks everything is happening in a world where he and we are having buddy-cop dwarf adventures and our questions are related to said adventures?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I think Husbando's in for some surprises...

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Loot everything we can.
Retinue : Fabiyan, Limosa, Edourd and the Dwarf.
I also think we should kill Devries, he has outlived his usefulness.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
No he hasn't.

Also, keep Astri and Issac in the loop regarding crusading and going to Sol and so on, but don't tell them about what Athena actually is.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Isn't the dwarf dead, and Devries is in his body? Did I misread?

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Wentley posted:

You did. We Matrixed him into thinking that happened, but he remains a brain in a jar.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Wentley posted:

No, Dwarf is alive and well, Devries is stuck in a box living in a virtual reality under the mistaken impression of what you thought.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Ha! God drat, I need to reread the whole thing. Thanks Tomn.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

E;fb

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Devries killed our old retinue and our husband, we had to go on a crazy dangerous quest and burn fatepoints in order to just get Fabiyan back. There is no reason that we are allowing him to live.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Don't kill David Bowie pls Tia

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Set servitors to loot. Focus on getting the ship back into order. Thank the Iron Hands. Snuggle time with Blesses hubby, then pull everyone together after having a secret meeting with Athena.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Oh, and at least one representative of the Iron Hands, more if they want.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Fabiyan, Edourd, Limosa, Mom, Caroline & The Dwarf

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

I just want to keep Devries locked in the simulation so that we can check up on him every so often to see how the Buddy Cop Adventures of Dwarf Devries and Lord-Sire Ohone is going. Maybe tweak it so that he keeps having small, unimportant runs of bad luck for giggles.

Odds are good he's probably already figured out he's in a simulation anyways, but decided "gently caress it, why would I care about returning to the real world of being a brain in a jar anyways?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Agree don keeping Devries locked up, but I think we can put his skills to use even so.