Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
So I choose to interpret this as the God Emperor/Omnissiah officially blessing our efforts to serve Athena and rebuild the galaxy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
In the immediate, we should open up that powered human vessel the orks were banging on.

Major renovations can and should wait until we reach Mars.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Servoskulls...servoskulls everywhere.

Always watching and exploring.

A monument to the Kriegers and Saint Fabiyan.

All doors, weapons, etc... are under our control

No more having torpedoes shot at us by our own ship or getting locked out by quarantines.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Make hundreds or thousands of statues of Krieg martyrs that are indistinguishable from real Krieg standing at attention.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons

Shadeoses posted:

So I choose to interpret this as the God Emperor/Omnissiah officially blessing our efforts to serve Athena and rebuild the galaxy.

Recall that the Emperor was a man of science, who believed in a peace through progress.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Tran posted:

In the immediate, we should open up that powered human vessel the orks were banging on.

This, plus try to figure out the radius/impact of our untested weapons. The null rod and/or high marshal artifact, etc. Can we use the Gargant Slayer with a mechadendrite while in power armor? If so, we should carry it. I want to understand what weapons are available to us and when they're most impactful.

I'm also serious about checking with the Iron Hands about that spine and using our huge brain on the Magos's library of data to see what we can glean. Make our Kreigers supermen or something, the Magos-level biologis data isn't going to be 100% heresy. Or some can be applied in a non-heretical fashion.

e: okay I re-read your post and realize you're looking at the immediate term. I'd prioritize the data and Iron Hand convo over the weapons testing.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Althair posted:

Recall that the Emperor was a man of science, who believed in a peace through progress.

Who also made "No AI" a fundamental part of the Great Crusade. He'd probably want us to take whatever technology we could salvage while jetissoning the AI core into the nearest son. Perhaps we'll one day be able to ask him....

Edit: Voting

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jun 27, 2015

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

sullat posted:

Saint Fabiyan plunged into the xeno nest, holding off four waves of xeno mindworms, saving the entire ship. People don't need to know how he really died, chumped by a trap he should have seen coming, or how he was resurrected with xeno sorcery. The real story would just hurt sales, and dampen the spirits of our customers.

Magos Ohone, mythology for profit.

Emperor bless you and this post.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Ship motto should be "This loving Ship :sigh:"

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Easier access to the ship guns. A camera in every home, every business, and every public and private space. A machine spirit to filter, sort, and tag relevant data from those cameras. Full integration of all ship systems into the command deck.

We should also work on finding that missing water. And that Eldar artifact.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

sullat posted:

Saint Fabiyan plunged into the xeno nest, holding off four waves of xeno mindworms, saving the entire ship. People don't need to know how he really died, chumped by a trap he should have seen coming, or how he was resurrected with xeno sorcery. The real story would just hurt sales, and dampen the spirits of our customers.

Let's rewrite history to say that St. Fabiyan, scourge of the Xeno, bane of the mutant, died on Golgotha in single combat against a Hive Tyrant that had wiped out the rest of his squad of Kriegers, killing the beast in the process.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

sullat posted:

With Thunder hammer in hand, and
Faith in his heart,
No xenos could stand against him
As he tore them apart

And so St Fabiyan charged,
So shiny! So chrome!
Witness me, he cried
And so witness did our lord-sire Ohone

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
We should definitely come up with an official hagiography and turn the ship into a mobile shrine world, as it were. Whenever we roll up into a new system, we put out a marketing campaign for the Beast as a pilgrimage destination. See the spot where St. Fabiyan was reborn on wings of faith! Marvel at the bunker where he inspired the schoolchildren to fight to the death! Visit the souvenir shop where relics and motivational DVDs are sold for only a modest increase over MSRP! That way we can have a steady stream of new recruits and income to help subsidise the costs of running the ship.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Did Ohone do anything about the chestplate before giving Fabiyan the Sororitas armour?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Remember that frozen couple that a few people wanted desecrated memorialized? Use their image as the basis of a memorial statue for the civilians who died. I suspect the unveiling might be enough to get Amecita out of hiding.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Someone needs to pen an appropriate Epic for Fabiyan.

Edit: We have faced off against an Inquisition opponent, and won. We faced off against a Mechanicus opponent, and won. Next up might be a fellow Lord-Sire.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Someone needs to pen an appropriate Epic for Fabiyan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwSKkKrUzUk
From the day we arrive on the Beast
And blinking, step into the Deeps
There's more to see than can ever be seen
More to do than can ever be done
There's far too much to take in here
More to find than can ever be found
But Omnissiah on high
Through the endless sky
Keeps great and small on the endless round

It's the Fabiyan of Light
And it moves us all
Through Dregs in Between
Through Alpha deck and Above
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
It's the Fabiyan
The Fabiyan of Light

It's the Fabiyan of Light
And it moves us all
Through Kriegers and Hope
Through Brains in boxes
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
It's the Fabiyan
The Fabiyan of Light

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Tran posted:

This, cripes, please do this ASAP.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

plan Tran plus kill devries and tell no one about Athena

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
I vote for every minor plan

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
a slice of life for our newlyweds to actually enjoy being in love finally . Then plan tran

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Make some rocket packs for Fabiyan's Kriegers.

Investigate the powered human ship the Orks were trying to get into.

Investigate the shrines to the "Architect," and the giants, see if we recognize anything.

gently caress with Devrie's simulation just for giggles.

See if we can find any surviving Orks, and attempt to beat them into accepting the light of the God-Emperor.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Lazaruise posted:

a slice of life for our newlyweds to actually enjoy being in love finally . Then plan tran

There are still some orks to purge. That could be a pretty good date.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Tomn posted:

Make some rocket packs for Fabiyan's Kriegers.

Investigate the powered human ship the Orks were trying to get into.

Investigate the shrines to the "Architect," and the giants, see if we recognize anything.

gently caress with Devrie's simulation just for giggles.

See if we can find any surviving Orks, and attempt to beat them senseless
I vote for all of this, keeping in mind that the Architect is a byword for Tzeench, so if there is *anything* chaos-y about those shines they need to be purged ASAP

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

JT Jag posted:

I vote for all of this, keeping in mind that the Architect is a byword for Tzeench, so if there is *anything* chaos-y about those shines they need to be purged ASAP

And how.

There are so many good ideas, so I will just vote for all of them. I trust Lowell not to do anything too silly (in the bad kind of silly.)

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Jump packs require very specialized training and combat doctrine. It would clash with the standard Krieg trench doctrine pretty badly. However you're in luck, there is in fact a segment of the Krieg dedicated to cavalry warfare. They would be much better suited to the kind of shock tactics that type of equipment favors.

Beyond all this, building literally thousands of jump packs isn't exactly something we can do before the staff meeting.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Tran posted:

Jump packs require very specialized training and combat doctrine. It would clash with the standard Krieg trench doctrine pretty badly. However you're in luck, there is in fact a segment of the Krieg dedicated to cavalry warfare. They would be much better suited to the kind of shock tactics that type of equipment favors.

I plucked that one out of the update where Fabiyan woke up and started taking charge of the battle - at one point he mused about requesting jump packs for some of the Kriegers as they'd be pretty useful. I figured I was just fulfilling a request!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
It's a cool thing for the long term list, like when we get a manufactorum running on board. Also we have like 100 Krieger left, we need to get more first.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

also giant artificial wombs for more Krieger

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
That might run into copyright issues over Krieg production rights.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Shadeoses posted:

That might run into copyright issues over Krieg production rights.

But ours can have Tophats

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Maybe we can upgrade them, too. Not as good as Fabiyan, since that is too expensive, but some decent genetic upgrades. Hmm, where might we find some recipes for that?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Good thing about basically having deconstructed/destroyed some large portion of the ship is that we can reconstruct it according to our tastes. It's just what Lord-Sire renovation looks like maybe.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Why do that when we can literally just demand 2,000,000 of them? Husbando gets that for being a badass. Maybe more now that he is a Saint.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Because then after those 2 000 000 die we can grow more?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Two millions... what a pitifully small army. :rubshands:

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Waci posted:

Because then after those 2 000 000 die we can grow more?

Well we start the vat process after We pick them all up, that's all I'm saying. Makes it go faster.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
My understanding was that Krieg were a result of nurture (or rather lack thereof), and not nature. Wouldn't giant artificial wombs just give us a bunch of baseline humans i.e. one of the most plentiful resources in the galaxy?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

paragon1 posted:

My understanding was that Krieg were a result of nurture (or rather lack thereof), and not nature. Wouldn't giant artificial wombs just give us a bunch of baseline humans i.e. one of the most plentiful resources in the galaxy?

But then, the Kriegers would be in charge after that. Can you imagine little babby Kriegers with wittle gas masks and tiny bayonets crawling all over, pretending to install imaginary barbed wire all over the nursery? :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

But then, the Kriegers would be in charge after that. Can you imagine little babby Kriegers with wittle gas masks and tiny bayonets crawling all over, pretending to install imaginary barbed wire all over the nursery? :3:

omg they can bury landmines in the sandbox