Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

You would purge the entire adeptus custodes thrmselves if you thought it would set your self-raised throne a step highe, wouldn't you? There are billions of those KNOWN to celebrate the worst heresies at our door and you still look to the our best with suspicion. Perhaps we assembled here should look to YOU with the same mistrust. After all, whom better to to serve the enemy than he who sees them everywhere he gaze.

Athena, give us a holoprojection of the corrution in Fyodor's heart if you would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

maxhush posted:

Let's not pointlessly antagonise the man who loves burning heretics

Voting to turn around and just leave

I'm sure that ignoring the highlord inqusitor and leaving mid-meeting won't antagonize him more than asking him what he wants outright

also it sounds like he's on the knife edge of trying to blackmail us, which is not inquistor-like behavior

either we're walking out of here with his blessing or with his head on a pike to the cheers of the entire room after we've proven his heretical leanings, the way this is shaping up

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Comedy Option, We are and inquisitor and fish start to rot at the head so that means big daddy inquisitor is the biggest heretic ever if we are a heretic. Also we are almost a sanctioned Grey Knight and fixed His throne.

PURGE HIM

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Mechadendrite puppetry time. It' been too long.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Blasphemaster posted:

Mechadendrite puppetry time. It' been too long.
Voting against. Trying to cut to the chase is one thing, but we can't afford to blatantly disrespect the Inquisitor Lord.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

point 2 dilz

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Voting to blatantly disrespect the guy who makes us look like the good guys in comparison. Mechadendrite puppet theatre time.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

either we're walking out of here with his blessing or with his head on a pike to the cheers of the entire room after we've proven his heretical leanings, the way this is shaping up

lol if you think we can out-talk Lowellmarov and turn the tables

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Everything is fiiiiiiiine

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Do the Athena Sound on him until he confesses his sins.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Arkanomen posted:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Arkanomen posted:

He'd probably gouge his ears out to circumvent the problem.

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat
quote from the inquisitor in question : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhdYYgro-zE&t=15m8s

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I've stood at the feet of the God Emperor of Man not 24 hours ago, if I had plans against He and the Imperium He would be dead. It doesn't help He or the Imperium to insinuate treachery and heresy on my part here and now. Make your accusations of heresy and purge me if you plan to already, or can we move on to how we are going to deal with the state of the galaxy?

He's posturing and wasting time, and we've got a biological nuke that about to go critical. This is a MAD situation so lets give him the ultimatum.

I've seen fate points burn in nuclear fire, I can burn a few more.

Edit: Also plan sergZpartan clown horn him on the way out because a small part of Ohone is an immature poo poo.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 1, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

I've stood at the feet of the God Emperor of Man not 24 hours ago, if I had plans against He and the Imperium He would be dead. It doesn't help He or the Imperium to insinuate treachery and heresy on my part here and now. Make your accusations of heresy and purge me if you plan to already, or can we move on to how we are going to deal with the state of the galaxy?

He's posturing and wasting time, and we've got a biological nuke that about to go critical. This is a MAD situation so lets give him the ultimatum.

I've seen fate points burn in nuclear fire, I can burn a few more.

This gets my vote

SergZpartan
Jun 20, 2008
Plan Outrail

also:

Reprogram his mecha-hoverround to sometimes sound a clown horn whenever he says "Heretic".

Passive aggressive Ohone is fun.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Alea Iacta Est, Infidus Canicula.

Then have Athena grey goo him.

:black101:

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Turn off his throne's null fields, disable our psy-block, then have Limosa hit him with our memory of being scourged on Titan. Once he finishes convulsing, clearly state that we have been put to the question and were not found wanting.

Might want to warn our cousin not to focus too closely on the memories himself though. Might hit a bit close to home.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Tran posted:

Turn off his throne's null fields, disable our psy-block, then have Limosa hit him with our memory of being scourged on Titan. Once he finishes convulsing, clearly state that we have been put to the question and were not found wanting.

Might want to warn our cousin not to focus too closely on the memories himself though. Might hit a bit close to home.

"A psyker trick, steeped in Chaos to fool the weak-willed. Karamazov is not so easily swayed by your foul sorcery. Grand Inquisitorbot, engage!"

He has his conclusion - that Ohone is a Bad Dude - and probably isn't even particularly concerned with connecting the dots. Ohone herself is no stranger to living life that way. :v:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

My previous vote, but using the Athena Voice instead of actually getting her to do it. Forgot about that thing.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

LowellDND posted:

I’m not afraid of it

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

That is a good pic :3:

Bought more coffee, writing engaged :v:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 396,198
Feb 1 Goal: 500,000
needed: ~3280/day

I’m not afraid of it 4

Her tone was amused. Indifferent, even, to the vast amounts of power gathered against her. “Really now, Grand Inquisitor? Would you accuse the High Lords themselves of heresy? A group whose august company you keep?”
“Even High Lords can be found wanting. Eight thousand years ago, the Master of Assassins killed all of his brethren. Five thousand years ago, Vandire began the Reign of Blood.”
“Which one am I, then? The assassin, or the tyrant?”
“I fear you may be something far worse.” His voice crackled with hostility. “Change. Disruption. Hierarchies put in place by the God-Emperor himself, displaced by your actions.”
Ohone’s tone was firm. “If the Imperium is to survive, we must adapt to the changing circumstances. Even the Mechanicus knows to reintroduce archaeo-tech, if it has been examined.”
“You can hardly claim that is your goal, Magos Ohone. A new STC, if true, would wreck havoc across the Imperium. Even..” his tone was a hiss. “Chaos.”
“I think my record on fighting the Great Enemy is quite clear. Or am I deep cover agent responsible for so many of their defeats?”
“Perhaps you are. The Great Enemy is the master of deception. Patient. Willing to suffer defeats in order to secure the greater victory.”
Her voice was almost exasperated, Limosa thought. “If that’s the case, how can we possibly examine anyone? If everything is a deep cover agent, we’ve already lost.”
“If we don’t examine them, we are lost. Corruption occurs when vigilance fails.”
“Is this the Imperium you envision, then? A thousand eyes looking inward at each other, while the Enemies of Humanity gather?”
“If that’s what it takes.”
“And if that is the key to their success?”
Kazamarov’s sounded off-guard. “How do you mean?”
“If the Great Enemy knows of our paranoia, a few simple agents could disrupt us more than any complex plan of theirs. We would devour each other, and they would pick our bones for the marrow.”
“Or, that is what they want us to do. Disarm, decrease the guards. An interesting thing, that a silver-tongue heroine has entered the scene, stripped Terra, speaking of decreasing our vigilance.
“I wouldn’t say she’s ever been silver-tongued. Or lacked paranoia.” Heads turned. Looked at him. Limosa realized the voice that had spoken was his own.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

LowellDND posted:

That is a good pic :3:

Bought more coffee, writing engaged :v:

Ladies and gentlemen, please orientate your fate points into the upright and ready position.

E: Doh!

Haha nice one Limosa, stare at him and let him keep talking.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 1, 2016

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Our best defense is our frequent incompetence!

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
"My right hand is correct. We are wasting words. I am here to simply pay respects before attending to the nuisance at the gates. Did you have anything of substance to say Fourdoor, or did you wish to shake your rattle one last time before this archaic edifice of fear is washed away?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 396,591

I’m not afraid of it 6

“Control your Interrogator, Inquisitor.” Kazamarov’s voice was acid. “Unless you lack even that skill.”
“Mm, no. I want to hear what he has to say.” Amused, again. Limosa swallowed.
“She’s never been silver-tongued. She was trained by the Mechanicus. She’s good with machines. Not people. She views people as machines, most of the time. When they don’t work, she tosses them aside. If they malfunction, she breaks them.” He paused. “I was trained to be the heir of my Dynasty. I have trained with the Guilds, the Merchant-Houses. I know the Great Game. But she … she does not.”
“You seem to be justifying her incompetence, Interrogator.”
“No. I’m saying she can’t possibly be the puppetmaster you envision. Some Inquisitors have that ability. Inquisitor Siadwell was headed that way. Inquisitor Kozilek, of course. But her? No.”
“That still reeks of incompetence, Interrogator.”
He forced a chuckle. “Well, which is it? Is she the puppetmaster in your story, or the incompetent?”
“A question I find myself asking of many people, Interrogator.” His tone was pointed.
“If she has a weakness, an incompetence if you will, it would be her overabundance of paranoia. She purged great numbers of our crew and passengers, built a death-cult for the God-Emperor. It has caused problems in the running of the ship.”
“But their loyalty is assured.”
“But not their competence. We are using people who lack the family training of their predecessors.”
The Grand Inquisitor looked at Ohone again. “Perhaps another point of proof against her.”
“Grand Inquisitor, if she was a villain, why would she sabotage her own ship on the eve of battle? If anything, I would say she has an excess of zeal, as has been seen with many new Inquisitors.”
“Before they become Radical, join the Great Enemy.”
“Before they become experienced. Running in and waving the Rosette isn’t always the best solution. Nor are the public purges. Sometimes, subtlety is necessary.”
“And your Inquisitor is the subtlety we need.”
Limosa genuinely laughed. “Absolutely not.” He paused, considered his words. “Sometimes we need an Ork in the china shop. And she’s very good at that.”

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Have an internal realization that Fyodor is a lunatic and his methods have accomplished less than nothing at the macro-level.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

paragon1 posted:

Have an internal realization that Fyodor is a lunatic and his methods have accomplished less than nothing at the macro-level.

Have an internal realization that it's only by fate that we've fared any better.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

paragon1 posted:

Yeah, he's a powerful, paranoid rear end in a top hat who flips from viewpoint to viewpoint to justify what he wants to do without even considering whether he's doing the right thing, because by his definition he is the right thing. And it's ultimately stupid and pointless.

We should maybe have the same realization about ourselves.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Outrail posted:

Yeah, he's a powerful, paranoid rear end in a top hat who flips from viewpoint to viewpoint to justify what he wants to do without even considering whether he's doing the right thing, because by his definition he is the right thing. And it's ultimately stupid and pointless.

We should maybe have the same realization about ourselves.

He is our mirror!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 396,961

I’m not afraid of it 7

Her tone was affectionate. “Limosa, I didn’t know you felt that way about me.”
“It’s good to recognize what other people are proficient at, Inquisitor.”
“So yes, Grand Inquisitor, I would argue that I have followed your methods to a fault.”
“The methods cannot be faulted. Only failed.”
“The results are what matter.” Her tone was firm. “Not how we get there.”
“So begins the words of any cultist. As well you know.”
“As opposed to accepting failure, as long as we went about it the right way? That is not the God-Emperor’s will.”
“Do you claim to speak for the God-Emperor, now? In addition to marrying a self-proclaimed Saint?”
“I have knelt before the Throne, Grand Inquisitor. Have you?” Her voice was suddenly harsh and cutting. “I see an old man playing at judgement, ignoring the necessary tasks of his position. You have done nothing to prepare for the invading fleet at our gates - actual heretics, cultists and traitors. Not the ones of your damaged mind. You burn a thousand citizens a day, and never think to ask what it accomplishes. What, exactly, have you accomplished, Grand Inquisitor? You sit on this throne as a carrion bird, picking at the flesh of our Imperium.”
“I have kept Terra safe. Remember your place, Inquisitor.”
“Or Terra has survived despite your parasitism. Enemy fleets are attacking Thule, and you continue your burnings.”
“I will not abandon my duties to purify the Imperium simply because of enemy actions. That would be among their first goals - to stop me.”
“You consider yourself so important, then? That the Great Enemy targets you specifically?”
“How could they not? I am the source of purification in the Imperium. There are none save I who have the will to do what is right and necessary.”
“Right and necessary? Or the coward’s way out? My Interrogator calls me an Ork, but I would say you are the entire WAAUUGH. Endless purges, endless burnings, and everyday there are more.”
“I am surrounded by heretics and traitors. The Great Enemy targets me most of all.”
Edourd chuckled suddenly. “Well, if that’s the company you keep, what does that say about you?”

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Antagonize him until he swallows his pride or shoots us. After he shoots us, we inferno ring his face and drop a pithy one-liner. "Your argument is rebuffed".

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

I actually want to see how Knoxie is handling all this :v:

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I am Ohone. Lower your weapons and surrender your hats. I will add your titular and headgear distinctiveness to my own. Your rank will adapt to service me. Resistance is futile.

e: oh is Knoxie there? How do you handle the tide receding and a mile-high wave raising the horizon up to envelop you? It's the stuff you can't do anything about that stresses you out. Here you say a prayer to the Commissar-Saint, mentally light a lho stick and try to grab a better weapon as soon as you can. Don't look directly into the Eduard.

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 1, 2016

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
He knows of our little conversation with Lynwood where we told her to have Recongregationist leanings, doesn't he?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Yeah, there's no reasoning or approach* for someone this completely paranoid and self-important that I can think of that could ever break someone like Karamazov's delusional mindset. His is always the moral high ground, the superior position, the right and only true way. His belief in his own infallibility and more importantly his need to be king poo poo of turd mountain are unshakable.

*short of expediting his introduction to his own mortality.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Wait, who's knoxie?

Are you done? Is there anything else you want to say? Because either I'm going to walk out of here and do what I can to save our race or you're going to try and stop me and once you're dead with your ridiculous fiefdom in rubble around your body I'm going to walk out if here and do what I can to save our race.

My interrogator is about to go critical so make your decision before he makes it for you.

Spool up the BAWK BAWK BAWK mechadendrite puppets if he starts monologuing.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
"No one in the Imperium is so important, save only Him. All are expendable, or do you think yourself above that. You sit on a throne of lies, heretic."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outrail posted:

Wait, who's knoxie?

Are you done? Is there anything else you want to say? Because either I'm going to walk out of here and do what I can to save our race or you're going to try and stop me and once you're dead with your ridiculous fiefdom in rubble around your body I'm going to walk out if here and do what I can to save our race.

My interrogator is about to go critical so make your decision before he makes it for you.

Spool up the BAWK BAWK BAWK mechadendrite puppets if he starts monologuing.

Knoxie is the greycloak we sent to the Black Ships for training, and then Limosa made him an Acolyte. He can see flickers of the near future.

Which, in this situation, you could see why it was funny :v: