Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Anna probably already knows everything that gets said in this conversation. I bet she wrote down her half for her minion there to read out loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

paragon1 posted:

Anna probably already knows everything that gets said in this conversation. I bet she wrote down her half for her minion there to read out loud.

We can double check that. Ask him what number we're thinking of (3.67402), at the end of the conversation tell him it was 4.7823.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Current: 416,077

Breaking Bread with the Enemy

With a moment’s thought, weapons deployed in the hallway - autoguns, lasrifles. Lukacs glanced left, then right, and smiled faintly. “Invite me in, won’t you?”
The door opened at your command, and he strolled in without a care in the world. Limosa and Edourd both had their psyker runes flaring, and you were aiming your weapons at him as well.

Explorer Lukacs, the quiet person in the room, always helpful, never noticed. Worked with Amacita, presumably helped Abraxus come aboard. Helped you during the civil war with the Magos. Head of the Explorer’s Guild, who had devoted themselves to the Architect, and who had been killed en masse in the Heart of the Ship.Was on your council, had heard many of your secrets. You would have to go back through them, see what had been revealed.

“Limosa.” Your tone was easy. “Break open his brain like an egg, I want to see what’s inside.”
His fingers twitched, his eyes seeming to take the cultist in. Then he blinked, shuddered, looked away. Lukacs’ expression never wavered.
“What’s the problem?”
“He’s got a really nasty set of wards on him. I could probably get through them, eventually, but it wouldn’t be a casual thing.”
Fabiyan spoke. “How about Grey Knights?”
Limosa chuckled. “Oh, yeah. They definitely could.”

You smiled. “Well, Lukacs, you know that’s in your future.”
His tone was placid. “Believe me, anything you could imagine doing, Anna could and has done worse.” He smiled at you, met your gaze. “But you already knew that, didn’t you.”
Memories of possession flickered through you and you shuddered. Controlled the urge to vomit.
Edourd stretched. “Cultist, I suggest not doing that again. We’ll be scraping your organs off the walls.” His tone had changed, become the thick laughter you feared. Was he getting faster at it?

You glanced at Knoxie, who had flipped a table, was behind it, gun drawn. Hm.

“So, Lukacs. What does Anna want from me?”
“She wants to help.”
You laughed despite yourself. “I seem to remember her eating a million Eldar souls last time she ‘helped.’”
“Well, helping does have its cost. Call it a mutually beneficial arrangement, then.”
“You seem to benefit more than I.”
He shrugged. “You know how bargains work, when one person wants something the other has. Seller’s, as it were, market.”
“And what are you selling?”
“Help against Gorgon. She’s becoming a problem for us both.”
“Oh, sure. Except… your record isn’t too good, there. Last fight with her, she managed to escape and become even more powerful.”
“Which is why your end of the bargain is a boost for our power.”
“Another? I can’t imagine that helping us in any way.”
He counted his fingers. “Firstly, we’re predictable.”
You snorted. “A cultist of the Architect? Predictable?”
“Sure. We make overly complex plans and watch them crash around us.”
“Ever think that might be happening now? Anna cutting you loose, letting the Grey Knights have you?”
He shrugged. “I’ll admit it’s a possibility, but I placed better odds on you listening to the deal.”
“Why would you think that?”
“You’ve made deals with her before. Worked with Eldar. Various acts of heretek. You aren’t a Puritan, by any means. And an enemy of my enemy, well.”
“Is no more than that.”
He ignored that. “So. We want you to perform a small task for us, and she will help you kill Gorgon.”
“How about you kill Gorgon, then I help you? I think my word is better for this kind of thing.”
He shook his head. “It would be too risky. She needs the task done to succeed.”
“Why would she kill Gorgon for us after we helped her? Why not just walk away, do whatever she does?”
“Gorgon is a threat to our various machinations. She doesn’t play the same game we do - she is simply trying to eat all the pieces.”
“So you are just one predator taking out another.”
“Not so different from you, I would think.”
“Cute. So, what is the task?”
“Sneak us into the Black Library.”
Laughter. “Absolutely not.”
“It’s the only way to defeat Gorgon.”
“Even if that were true, it’s an incredibly stupid idea. We lost an Inquisitor just seeing the gates last time.”
“Right, you’ve been there. Take us there, we’ll get … a few items, and then we’ll kill Gorgon.”

You tapped your fingers. “So… we want the Eldar to help us defend Terra - against you, mind you - so we are going to attack the Palace of Pleasure. To get the Eldar to help us hit Gorgon, we are going to sneak into the Plaguelord’s domain. But since that’s not enough, we’re supposed to make a deal with you, to backstab the Eldar, in order to fight Gorgon, which will benefit the Eldar.”

He held out his hands. “That’s the Architect for you.”

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
No.

The space elves are one thing, but we are not loving with the Harlequin and Cheogorath.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
He's right, we can't imagine worse than what Anna's already done. which is why we'll resolve to at one point track down malal cultists for the express purpose of handing this rear end in a top hat over out of spite. If anyone can come up with worse to do to him its them.

reignonyourparade fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jan 22, 2016

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Eh, just put him in the same room as the assassin until we have a chance to interrogate.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

LowellDND posted:

Lukacs glanced left, then right, and smiled faintly. “Invite me in, won’t you?”
Should have done this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhuC1pmiSL4

LowellDND posted:

You glanced at Knoxie, who had flipped a table, was behind it, gun drawn. Hm.

You're still good Knoxie.

Reject the Deal. "No, it is not a deal. We break Anna in and she gains immeasurable power. Enough to wipe out Gorgon and then what? Gorgon poses no threat to us here. Anna and her little puppet threaten us now. Why would I help the enemy side defeat an enemy that is not at our gates. This deal solves a long term problem by causing an irrecoverable short term disadvantage. There is no gain here. A counter offer. Surrender. Cease this pathetic assault upon the Throne. What point is served by landing on Terra? You will find no victory here. The Ruinous powers never want the war to end. A victory for either side ceases the game. No. You will turn away this pointless and doomed assault. Take your fleet and leave Terra. An armistice for now. Anna can stay behind and then we can attend Gorgon. Accept or die. Terra will preserve against this attack and we will deal with Gorgon on our own.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jan 22, 2016

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Say yes. Then make a deal with the eldar behind Anna's back to sneak Anna into an elaborate fake wing of the Black Library, where she will find written records of the history of mechadendrite puppetry.

SergZpartan
Jun 20, 2008
Offer only to show them to the front door, no more (and neglect to mention the murderiffic eldar carnival camped on the front steps)

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Waci posted:

Say yes. Then make a deal with the eldar behind Anna's back to sneak Anna into an elaborate fake wing of the Black Library, where she will find written records of the history of mechadendrite puppetry.

Okay sure, this sounds like something Ceogorath would appreciate. Hinges on the Eldar putting us in touch with a Harlequin troupe leader though.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Dial up Athena and Hera on the big screen for effect and ask for their analysis of the growth-over-time curve of the threat posed by Gorgon. Rub bridge of nose in exasperation. Ask mom to chuck a gamma ray burst or redirect a black hole at Gorgon before considering helping chaos. Baleful eye Lukacs in the crotch no matter what we decide. Spies dont get to have good times. Dial up Tzeentch and puch him in the throat through the phone.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Hey wait, aren't we like marked for death if we ever return to the Black Library?

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Arkanomen posted:

Hey wait, aren't we like marked for death if we ever return to the Black Library?

Thus the requirement that we meet with the harlequin first. They're the ones that can lift that ban.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Doooo it!

We are not missing out on the Black Library. Who knows, maybe we'll find a few toys for our self?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Waci posted:

This one. This is insane is a way that I can only post this: :allears:

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Waci posted:

+1 Betrayal all the way down

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

plan waci

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
She's expecting our betrayal. We're better off not playing the game. Consult with the Eldar. Let them know Anna wants in the Black Library, and that everything she's doing is likely a means to that end.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

Waci posted:

Lol. Plan puppet go!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

VanSandman posted:

She's expecting our betrayal.

We don't betray her. We show her the way to the Black Library, just as promised. She never specified that we can't get the eldar to decorate a fake room with hastily-written descriptions of mechadendrite puppetry and ambush her.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
I hope we never go to a used spaceship dealer, because a lot of the voices in Ohone's head seem to tell her that if someone offers a deal, she has to take it. No, we don't need to deal with Anna. Space this loser, finish the battle of space-Cannae, and move on without chaos's help. We can betray the Eldar later, fine.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Why the hell is this guy still alive? Shoot him, and keep in mind that Anna has her eyes on this particular operation.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

sullat posted:

I hope we never go to a used spaceship dealer, because a lot of the voices in Ohone's head seem to tell her that if someone offers a deal, she has to take it.

Hank Hill Ohone always takes sticker price :v:

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
No deal (as presented, if she changes the offer I guess we keep listening. Give him to the Grey Knights (assuming we survive).

We don't have to be idiots or dicks about it but the Eldar are probably underselling the importance of Terra not falling to Chaos. Don't throw a tantrum, let's just get through the Terra battle before allying with the person currently trying to drat us to an eternity of torment or w/e.

Or is this heist scenario supposed to happen before Terra gets resolved?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

poor life choice posted:

No deal (as presented, if she changes the offer I guess we keep listening. Give him to the Grey Knights (assuming we survive).

We don't have to be idiots or dicks about it but the Eldar are probably underselling the importance of Terra not falling to Chaos. Don't throw a tantrum, let's just get through the Terra battle before allying with the person currently trying to drat us to an eternity of torment or w/e.

Or is this heist scenario supposed to happen before Terra gets resolved?

The heists will happen after Golgotha (and after the summer editing). I'm setting up the next arc :D

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Don't take the deal, have the Grey Knights strip mine his brain.

Edit: And smooch our husband.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Remind hubs that our legs are real and lonely. In front of everyone. Especially the cultist. Also, don't smooch the astropath, those guys are weird.

E: Then space the cultist.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Blasphemaster posted:

Remind hubs that our legs are real and lonely. In front of everyone. Especially the cultist. Also, don't smooch the astropath, those guys are weird.

E: Then space the cultist.

Team Slaanesh I see :v:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

LowellDND posted:

Team Slaanesh I see :v:

Fabiyan learned some things being in the warp with the eldar as he shows off his own sexy legs as a certain rocky horror song starts playing in the background.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Arkanomen posted:

Fabiyan learned some things being in the warp with the eldar as he shows off his own sexy legs as a certain rocky horror song starts playing in the background.

Leeetttts do the Time Warp Againnnnnn!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
YES

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Let's hold the Staff as collateral against Anna. We can use that as a guarantee .

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Grognan posted:

Let's hold the Staff as collateral against Anna. We can use that as a guarantee .

The missing Staff that Anna is thought to have given to the Darkness? :v:

You do have the Spine, the Pillar, and Fabiyan has the Mace.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Well that's what I think he's saying. Tell her we want the staff.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

LowellDND posted:

The missing Staff that Anna is thought to have given to the Darkness? :v:

You do have the Spine, the Pillar, and Fabiyan has the Mace.

By your powers combined...I am Captain Plot-device!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Arkanomen posted:

By your powers combined...I am Captain Plot-device!

I wasnt sure what mcguffin Id need at the beginning of this :v:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 416,898

Diplomacy 2

You stared at him incredulously. “‘That’s the Architect for you?’ That’s your explanation for working with you and fighting your invasion, and working with the Eldar and betraying the Eldar, all in the same set of actions? Want me to work with Gorgon too?”
“She’s not the team-player type.”
“I can scarcely imagine you or Anna are either. Betrayals at every moment.”
He gestured. “And you don’t plan to - or have - betrayed your allies? That’s just how the universe is.”

You met his eyes angrily. “You know what your problem is? Hell, most everyone I’ve met? loving complexity addiction. You can’t just have a simple plan, you have to layer it five times over, with a bunch of unnecessary predictions, all so you can shout ‘just as planned’ at the end of it. You want to make a plan that’s impossible to unravel? I’m the sword that cuts it in half.”
He smiled faintly. “So… is that a yes?”
“Here’s a plan for you. Surrender right now. We’ve already got you mouse-trapped, it’s just a matter of finishing you off.”
“You know we can’t do that.”
“Uh huh. When we board your flagship, why should we let you live? You come aboard my ship a traitor and cultist, your mistress invading Sacred Terra, and you think of making deals? Our last bargain ended with the end of a world and a massive boost for the side of the Great Enemy. Why shouldn’t I just kill her then?”

Edourd shifted on his feet, held up his hand. “Cultist. Give us the Staff, and we might consider talking.”
Lukacs’ eyes were hooded. “The staff?”
Your voice was a growl. “The heirloom of my Dynasty, that Anna stole. Return it to my Family, no strings attached. Otherwise, this meeting is over.”
He chuckled. “And the idea that you just take the Staff, kill me, try to kill her - wouldn’t occur to us why? If you want an assurance of trust, so do we. Give us the spine.”
You blinked. “What?”
“The one in your lab, most recently removed from the Lord-Sire Di Musio. We want it.” He smiled. “One for the other.”

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
NO DEAL

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Grab the cultist by the throat. "I have three things to tell you. First. You will not survive walking into and disrespecting my house. Second. I do not entreat with scum such as you. If Anna wishes to speak she will call for parley and we will speak as equals. Third. You will beg for the emperors mercy in the end, and he will find you wanting. Edouard. Dissect his mind with Athena. Gather all he knows and then see to it he is reassembled to face the fire that awaits all heretics. I will anticipate your phone call Anna."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Deal or No Deal

No Deal
Hot Dog
Ark

Mind Dissection