Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Yeah, that sounds like strings to me. No deal. It's been a while since we broke someone down for extreme interrogation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

No deal!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Alrighty. Let me warm up the choppers.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I vote deal. We have hung on to that corruption bait long enough and ~foreshadowing~ indicates we could do horrible or awesome things with the staff. I like awesome things, and horrible things are funny! The spine almost offed the last Lord-Sire and Anna kept the staff for Reasons. Let's swap.

I also, uh, don't want to cut Eddie loose in any physical or metaphorical/psychic operating room.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

poor life choice posted:

I vote deal. We have hung on to that corruption bait long enough and ~foreshadowing~ indicates we could do horrible or awesome things with the staff. I like awesome things, and horrible things are funny! The spine almost offed the last Lord-Sire and Anna kept the staff for Reasons. Let's swap.

I also, uh, don't want to cut Eddie loose in any physical or metaphorical/psychic operating room.

Oh, a vote for. Lets see what happens :allears:

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

poor life choice posted:

This is all great except we told him give us the staff or else. He decided to choose "else"

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

poor life choice posted:

We haven't downloaded all that's in the spine yet. We can't give away an unknown asset for an equally unknown asset. Also we're having Eduoard work with Athena so it will be contained.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
*ruins CYOA*

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
No Deal.

Ensure that his demise is total.

SergZpartan
Jun 20, 2008
No Deal
Return him to Anna,
Via the main gun.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
No deal

If Anna wasn't really loving bad at this she'd have played nice on Agatha's world, killing Gorgon there and leaving her some leeway here to dick us over super hardcore ~just as planned~.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Haha-no, shh, shhhh! Yeah, hey, uhh, you'd better not, uhh *snicker* I mean you'd better trade us that warped bit of bo-hahahahaha- that garbage bit of bones!! Haha yeah, with that we'll... Shh! We'll becometrulyunstoppable.

*in background, distant* Tell her she'd better not eat that poo poo we're saving!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

This is all great except we told him give us the staff or else. He decided to choose "else"

:commissar:

But no disection, no probing. Anna has planned for that as well and he's probably booby trapped him every way to Sunday.

Throw him out an airlock. "Let's see what this thing can do. You see that speck over there? Fire the main cannon".

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 417,266

sorry PLC, looks there isnt much hope :(

Choppers

You chuckled. “You really miscalculated on this one. There will be no deal. You of all people should have known how I treat traitors aboard my ship. Athena.”
“Yes?”
“Limosa says he can’t scan him. Want to give it a try?”
She frowned. “Well… I don’t want to simulate him directly. Who knows where his brain has been.” She met your eyes. “We could take him down to the processors, though. I can get all his knowledge from that.”
“Excellent. Edourd, want to make sure he doesn’t get lost?”
“Certainly. Come along, cultist.”

-

The recyclers were a quiet place, just the hum of machinery and the smell of sterile surfaces. They had been comprehensively cleaned up after the Magos war, and only the occasional whirring broke the silence. Lukacs looked about him curiously. Not that he hadn’t been here before - perhaps, trying to feel and remember everything before he died.

The vast pipes and vats collected materials, released them as verdigris for the dregs. From time to time, a new body made it’s way up the conveyors, processors removing any implants. And then, the body was broken down for useful organs, with the remainder added to the slush that fed the ship. From verdigris we are born, to verdigris we return.

Edourd looked at Lukacs curiously. “You aren’t struggling.”
“I knew what would happen. And believe me, this is better than failing Anna.”
“So… your plan was just to die here?”
“I’ve collected all the information I could. Years of it, from the inner circle. All of it went to Anna, and she thought it was time to offer a deal.”
“You seem … remarkably resigned to it.”
“We all die, Edourd. I’m one of the very few survivors from five years ago.”
“So … what, it’s just your time to go?”
“The old gods are dying. The Blood God, She Who Thirsts. The Corpse-God is arising, again.” He chuckled. “I have served the plan. How many quiet whispers to Amacita brought Ohone to where she is today? Guiding Abraxus here, starting her on her path to greatness. Participating in the council for years. How many decisions of hers came from Anna’s direction?”
Edourd glanced at Athena. “Are you seeing any tricks on him? Plagues, bombs, anything?”
“He’s got some exotic energies protecting his brain from scanning, but … nothing like that, no.”
The Explorer met their gaze. “Ask Ohone about the gaps in her memory. That is my final message.”

“Works for me.” Athena pushed him, almost gently, onto the conveyor belt. He watched them until the blades came down.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 417,711

Data

Athena hefted a small box, tossed at you. You caught it carefully. “Yes?”
“One traitor brain, finely diced. Used a knife edge scanning microscope, got every contour of him.”
“And the rest?”
“Dropped in the sun.”
“Excellent.” You tapped the case. “So, what secrets are you hiding from us?”
“His story matched his memories - the Explorer’s Guild was a spy organization for her, and also an intermediary for any Lord-Sires that followed who wanted to contact the Darkness.”
“Have them all killed.”
“Greycloaks are collecting them up as we speak. He did have a memory he was thinking of as he died. It was how he contacted Anna, a form of Warp communication. Set up a bunch of semi-random trivial events, caused some statistical noise. I’m still working on how, but it managed to transmit information.”
“Don’t think about it too much, I don’t want you going all bird-like on me.”
“That’s fair. But he seemed to think it was important, it’s tied into a lot of emotion. I don’t think he was lying about it.” Athena met your gaze. “Do we want to use it to message her?”

Loel fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jan 31, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Oh God you let him mingle with the ships recycling?!? Dump him out the airlock you fools!

^: Oh thank Corpse-god.

Nope, just smash it all and continue on. The only way we can ensure his unveiling achieves nothing for Anna is if it doesn't effect us one iota.

Continue on just as planned.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 23, 2016

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

LowellDND posted:

“His story matched his memories - the Explorer’s Guild was a spy organization for her, and also an intermediary for any Lord-Sires that followed who wanted to contact the Darkness.”
“Have them all killed.”

Somewhere on the bridge Travis feels a wave of vindication settle upon his soul and give a very subtle fist pump.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

So if there isnt much interest in talking with Anna at the moment, Ill move to the next stage. Time travel message and talking with the Eldar :D

Let me know either way.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
I think it's high time to have Anna dealt with, permanently.

Arrange for the Tesseract Labyrinth to be brought from it's Stasis Vault on Titan.

Then we just need to figure out how to kill her in the middle of the enemy fleet. I suggest going there with our Dark Age Titan.

SergZpartan
Jun 20, 2008

LowellDND posted:

“Do we want to use it to message her?”

“We love you. We love you…”

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Talk to Anna

Maybe we'll get a glimpse of Amacita/Athena/whoever she has been talking to.

LowellDND posted:

Current: 405,092
Jan 4 Goal: 412,903

Thule

“Dear sister. Do you know what is coming? How I break your Faith?”
“You don’t have any sympathy for her at all, do you?”
Anna glanced at her companion. “Ah. I was wondering when you would show up.”
“You know my role in this.”
“Certainly.” Anna looked back into the screen, staring into space. “And I do care. As well you know.”
“Your motivations remain as mysterious as they always have.”
“Please. I am simple to read, particularly to you. How many years have you known me?”
“Many. Many times many.”
“Right. And it’ll work.”
“You know it didn’t.”
Anna sighed, shrugged. “I know. Change a few pieces, move a few plans. It might work.”
“It won’t. You have as much experience with the Ways as anyone.”
Anna stood in silence. Looked at her companion. “And you don’t see a change.”
“You know how many times we’ve talked about this.”
“Yeah.” She sighed, shrugged. “Hope springs eternal.” Anna chuckled. “And we’ve certainly seen that, haven’t we.”
“Given that hope is your motivation, I can hardly imagine you choosing another entity to follow.”
“Heh. Wonder if I could, or did.”
“Maybe if you had worked with your cousin.”
“Heh. Maybe maybe maybe.”
“You knew the nature of this when it began.”
Anna looked at her companion again. “Yeah. But there’s knowing and then there’s knowing.”
“Once more into the breach.”
“And the bird eats her liver once again.”

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Birdbrain can set up all the complicated mousetrap shenanigans as needed. It won't count for poo poo when we flip the table and burn the house down. The biggest table flip ever.

We should bring a nuke with us.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outrail posted:

Birdbrain can set up all the complicated mousetrap shenanigans as needed. It won't count for poo poo when we flip the table and burn the house down. The biggest table flip ever.

Speaking of which....

Current: 417,903

Bug-out Bag

“My lord?”
He caught the bags as they were tossed at him. His master spoke.
“Right, that’s our cue. Exit stage left, we are out of here.
“My lord? You haven’t left Terra in decades. We have dozens, hundreds of operations in play…”
“And we can do it somewhere else. We are leaving.
“My lord, what is the emergency? We’ve already mousetrapped the enemy, victory is at hand.”
He held out an angry finger. “See? See that? That’s why you aren’t in charge. This is where it all goes to poo poo, I can smell it.”
“Won’t the others notice your absence?”
“Nope, they don’t need me, and I’ve vanished for periods before.”
“But my lord, why?
A screen flickered on nearby. “You know who that is.”
“Magos Ohone, Threat Level Alpha Zero Zero.”
“drat right. And where was she just recently?”
“Terra.”
“And what happens to places she visits?”
“My lord, surely you can’t think…”
“Golgotha, attacked by xenos, and now the centerpiece of the largest battle in the galaxy. Agatha’s World, sucked into the Warp. Even her ship has been destroyed half a dozen times over.”
“But sir, this is Terra…”
“Yup. And we are leaving.
“Sir, those were minor worlds. She lacks the ability to destroy the homeworld of Humanity.”
“Read her family’s history. Look at the bell curve of improbable events. If something absurd and unbelievable could happen, it will. And what’s the craziest thing that could happen?” He cut him off. “Losing Terra. I won’t be here when… whatever it is happens. Supervolcanoes going off or relativistic cannons or whatever. She is heading for the Belt, and we are out of here.”
“Sir, where are we going?”
“As far away from here as possible. Take us to the Fortress of the Soulless.”

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
^I dunno who that is but I like the cut of his jib.

Has anyone run a Roger Wilco in 40k cyoa?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outrail posted:

^I dunno who that is but I like the cut of his jib.

Has anyone run a Roger Wilco in 40k cyoa?

-looks that up- ... Hm, I think thats going on the Steam wishlist.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 418,211

Mars

The iconic weapons of the Mechanicus - Titans, Battleships and so forth - took decades to build. The methods used - worship of the Omnissiah - were flawless, but perfection took time. And all the ships - all the vast armadas of Mars - had left for Golgotha already. Indeed, the shipyards had been stripped, scrapping partial builts to finish a handful more. They, too, had left.

And now Chaos had come to Sol.

Mars was one of the most heavily fortified worlds in the galaxy - millions of artillery aimed at the sky, thousands of cannons larger than buildings, orbitals numbering in the tens of thousands. But it no longer had the ability to project force - it had no resources to commit to the battle happening just outside its door.

If the battle ended quickly, they would have done nothing - protected by xenos and the Inquisition. Even if those forces won, it would be an embarrassing thing for the allied nation of the Mechanicus. And so, they tore through their new manuals, their new technologies ripped
from the Vaults of Moravec. Perhaps something smaller, faster could be built.

It would take time, yes. But strange new alloys were being cast, wrapped around the frames of new ships. The metals responded differently than durasteel or ceramite, both thinner and stronger. Frigates and Destroyers could be built quickly, in months, armed with the new weapons revealed from the vaults. And the Machine-Spirits were friendly, even eager to commit to battle.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

:supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Everything is fiiiiiiiiine.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Praise the Omnisiaah. Blessed is the Machine Spirit and their prophet is Lordsire Ohone!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
How many times has Lowell said that? I'm worried.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

code:
23:00	HiHoChiRho	oh so thats where the iron men went
23:00	leol	        :3

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

HiHo ChiRho posted:

code:
23:00	HiHoChiRho	oh so thats where the iron men went
23:00	leol	        :3

spoilers gosh

edit: since Ive been asked a few times, are there any requests for what was in your dragon loot?

Loel fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jan 23, 2016

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

LowellDND posted:

spoilers gosh

The thought of a bunch of machine spirits turning out to be iron men in disguise makes me giggle.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Dump eldar loving Fabiyan. Marry all the Machine Spirits

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Hexenritter posted:

The thought of a bunch of machine spirits turning out to be iron men in disguise makes me giggle.

Me too :)

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
The Fabricator General seemed pretty smart, I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

and just because

Slice of Life: Brother Bricellus. Location: Bricellus' Personal Chambers, Alpha Deck

Another grimace, another curl of his upper lip. He made no sound as he tightened the cilice around his ribcage. His entire torso, streaked with pyre ash, was an intricate, labyrinthine network of keloid scarring. The stories of a thousand different tortures were writ large upon his body, part and parcel of his induction and conditioning amongst the Black Priests so many years ago.

"Suffer not the alien, the mutant, the heretic." He growled, reaching down and closing his fingers around the handle of a wicked-looking flogger with small barbs embedded along its many tails. He sucked in a deep breath, deep, that the cilice may bite down harder into his flesh.

"I offer up my suffering as penance and ask humbly that You, Almighty God-Emperor and Your Chosen Messenger, Fabiyan the Resurrector, forgive me for my blindness." He thrashed his back viciously with the flogger, his eyes unblinkingly focused upon the half-mechanical skull emblem of the Abrogate Faith, before which stood graven icons of Fabiyan and Ohone. Never did his eyes waver from the effigies of the Chosen of both God-Emperor and Omnissiah united.

"May my soul burn forever outside of your grace should I ever fail You so gravely again. I am unworthy of the gifts and blessings You have bestowed upon me. I am a worm beneath Thine ineffable sight."

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

:allears:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Summon Anna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU