Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: The Three Amigos. Location: Thurisaz; far galactic north-east.

Row upon row of male and female figures moved in regimented fashion below the debarkation overlook. They bore no weapons, wore no armour, had no visible augmentations. Individually they were impressive physical specimens. Tall, well-muscled but lean. The sound of their footfalls beat a tattoo that echoed around the cargo bay from which they strode with grim purpose. They broke off into individual maniples of five, per standard Skitaari formation guidelines.

Throughout several sectors of the ring spreading outward from their debarkation point, Perfecti squads had already begun appearing. Deep-strike teleportation technology capable of transmitting through containment fields deployed them behind and even into the middle of enemy positions. Every second, every encounter, recorded and transmitted back with the exhaustive sensory and tactical data that one would expect from Skitaari; sharpened through faster processors, higher resolution scanning equipment, better data transmission protocols. The battlespace was laid out before Athena, Ohone and Sebekh within a virtual construct that allowed them to interface at almost precognitive speeds with the Perfecti, with other Athenian forces and with the ring station itself.

On the skin of the ring, the battle raged just as fiercely as it did within as holdout groups of Chaos loyalists attempted desperately to damage Gellar field arrays and containment field generators. Ohone merely thought about targeting the nearest group and immediately she saw five blue blips appear on the sensor grid near the red ones.

----

+++What are they?+++ asked one Magos whose body was essentially a head and torso covered in dendrites like an urchin. Embedded weapons and hacked emplacements locked upon the new arrivals.

Blue skinsuits gave way to melting cascades of liquid silver as armour plating formed over their frames. Limbs dissolved and reconstructed themselves as additional limbs manifested. One of them planted its feet and leaned forward onto all-fours as its mouth opened.

+++Hostiles! Engage! Engage!+++ Another Chaos loyalist opened fire, a red streak bursting from the lascannon he carried with one arm even as the other arm spun up an autocannon. A swarm of hastily-repurposed servitors came clambering out of nearby viewports, propelling themselves at the Perfecti.

Two of the Perfecti became little more than whirlwinds as their limbs extended into shimmering blades that seemed only partially there. A third reached out its left arm toward the urchin-bodied Magos, recoiling slightly as a two-stage rail slug impacted with a blinding white light, detonating a micro-EMP within the Magos' potentia coil. Seconds later, the broken remains started to twitch, aiming dendrite-mounted weapons at the viewports as more servitors swarmed out.

The Perfecti on all fours seemed simply to yawn a great green beam of light that expanded outward into a cone. More than a dozen servitors stopped moving instantly as their biological components melted. The other members of its maniple always seemed to operate just outside of the touch of the beam as it swept over the servitor horde.

In the distance, as far as the eye could see, the greatest lightshow this system had ever seen took place even as Titans of unknown configuration strode onto the hull of the Empiricist and leapt across the void to land upon the ring.

+++Fall back. Disengage. They can control augmetics!+++ Behind a tidal wave of servitors, the second Magos turned and dropped through another viewport, unloading his autocannon toward a plasma conduit. A fraction of an instant later, his prox sensors screamed and he spun just in time to see jade green eyes appear out of thin air. He looked down, a long, hazy blade appeared attached to another armoured figure a moment later. It was embedded clear through his lower ribcage.

//Overriding biological systems. Control node in place.

+++Command protocols reinitialised.+++

He twitched, new code coursing through his cogitators. He felt detached, a strange, floating sensation he likened to the moment he first reached out with his implants, combined with his first exposure to malcode. He could feel himself running combat threat assessments on the other members of his team, on their planned resistance. He struggled but something was leading him. One by one, nine other Magi were methodically profiled and marked as high value targets. He had known these Magi for centuries, and their every idiosyncracy suddenly screamed out to him. Every nuance of their personalities became a weakness or flaw to leverage. Their personal styles and preferences where code-writing was concerned became force multipliers with which to apply the maximum amount of damage. Something in him revelled at detailing each chink, no matter how insignificant.

Comrades and brothers became collections of numbers, probability assessments, theoretical damage scenarios. His mind feverishly pulled together volumes of data on his colleagues, the information sent elsewhere. He didn’t even know where “elsewhere” was, but the urges that consumed him and directed his trapped consciousness continued. The only relief he felt was when he stopped trying to fight and let his mind wander where it willed.

He let out a breathless sigh and gave in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Happy page 550 everyone! :woop: Wow, we've come a long way.

page 25: you had just met the gang leaders in the Deeps
page 50: quint and tanya had just been introduced
page 75: meeting kozilek for the first time
page 100: knitting circle with sincera
page 125: the olympus
page 150: amacita’s wedding planning
page 175: talking to dwarf about factions
page 200: talking with eldar
page 225: fusion bomb incident
page 250: saving limosa
page 275: deathskull orks
page 300: tugboat
page 325: talking with cryonic lady
page 350: the manor on agatha’s world
page 375: meeting the motherfucking emperor
page 400: titan. 16,000 posts, we’re a real thread!
page 425: mars, space grandpa
page 450: luna and amacita
page 475: pilgrimage and shrine-cities
page 500: high lords
page 525: FABIYAN. and anna
page 550: marsfed citizenship!

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

LowellDND posted:

It's ~ .1% of 1% of galactic mass.

edit: I think. I need to find the wiki page I was using.

edit 2: yeah, I think that's about right. Milky way is listed as 6x10^11 Solar masses

Then accept citizenship and splutter.

Unless I'm missing something huge, there shouldn't be anything like 6x10^6 solar masses of material anywhere near golgatha. Let alone biological material.

It sounds like Athena is playing a word game with "near".

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

LowellDND posted:

Happy page 550 everyone! :woop: Wow, we've come a long way.

page 25: you had just met the gang leaders in the Deeps
page 50: quint and tanya had just been introduced
page 75: meeting kozilek for the first time
page 100: knitting circle with sincera
page 125: the olympus
page 150: amacita’s wedding planning
page 175: talking to dwarf about factions
page 200: talking with eldar
page 225: fusion bomb incident
page 250: saving limosa
page 275: deathskull orks
page 300: tugboat
page 325: talking with cryonic lady
page 350: the manor on agatha’s world
page 375: meeting the motherfucking emperor
page 400: titan. 16,000 posts, we’re a real thread!
page 425: mars, space grandpa
page 450: luna and amacita
page 475: pilgrimage and shrine-cities
page 500: high lords
page 525: FABIYAN. and anna
page 550: marsfed citizenship!

This makes me tingle in my happy place.

550 pages. that's proper marathon style. You've got 83 pages by yourself.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
YES

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6LD6ITN2dk

:D

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Ask for the Org Chart

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

Okay, I think this is a start.

Our demands:
1: dual citizenship
2: more power
3: friends back from the dead
4: full unconditional pardons, including for crimes to be committed on a later date.

The issue isn't what the Marsfed thinks about dual citizenship, but what the empire does. The marsfed would need to be a vassal of the Emperor in whatever path, or else it is super-mega heresy. Obviously we could just claim we were infiltrating it as an inquisitor if we were caught, but still, we should determine what the Marsfed's relationship to the empire is going to be.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Yes
Waci
Hexen
Xun
falcon
grognan

Haggle
PLC
JT
bbrod
van sandman
sniper
ark
random paul
haystack
sullat

Ask Hera
toughy

No
nyaa

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Throw me under Ask hera bus too thanks.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Ask Hera and Fabian

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

RandomPauI posted:

Ask Hera and Fabian

Do this as prelude to negotiations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 433,036

Wrote this when people were asking for more info, before Hera and Fabs. Here you go :v:

The Small Print

You looked at her curiously. “What would happen if I did? You would have authorization then?”
“Hm? Oh, no. I wish. You’d get some legal benefits for any hypothetical law situation that came up - I’ve been holding to them for the most part anyway, no direct brain scans and such.”
“I see. So how would I give you authorization?”
“Each Mind nominates a handful of candidates for their speciality, and citizens would vote their preference. In this case, I would select you for the Science position.”
“And then I … vote for myself?”
She chuckled. “Yup.”
“Seems like an easy system to bypass.”
“It wasn’t really designed to be this small. And, to be honest, I view it as a strength. If I can find one citizen, the Mars Federation continues.”
“So I would presumably win this vote…”
“And then you’d accept the election.”
“And then I could give you authorization?”
“Correct. It would require a supermajority of the council, and you would be 100% of it.”
“What would I be authorizing you to do?”
“Ideally? Recreate the Mars Federation at all reasonable speed.”
“Well, at Golgotha.”
“Oh. As the Council, you could put limitations on it. Only this many light years, or this amount of time.”
“I see. And you don’t have authority to do it at all reasonable speed right now?”
She shook her head. “My current instructions are minimal disruption and transition. It would probably take a few millenia.”
“And at all speed?”
She considered. “One century. Maybe two.”

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
ACCEPT ACCEPT ACCEPT AUTHORISE ASK FOR A GOOD LUCK KISS

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Did she actually explain what she's planning to do at Golgotha? Clarity please, we need to know exactly what we're authorizing.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Haystack posted:

Ask for the Org Chart

"So when they come to put me in space jail, it's the servo skull that does the time!"

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

:allears: Goddamn thats amazing. How long did it take you?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Skellybones posted:

"So when they come to put me in space jail, it's the servo skull that does the time!"

Seems legit. Make sure the skull has a gold fringe so it can only be tried in admiralty court.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Yesssssss

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

LowellDND posted:

:allears: Goddamn thats amazing. How long did it take you?

Most of the time was spent looking at pictures of David Bowie.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
A good use of anyone's time.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I want to know:
1. Describe your goals with the Golgotha plan. What are the outcomes you hope to achieve?
2. Describe how you intend to make those outcomes happen.
3. What happens to Imperial assets within the target area?
4. What happens if we say no?
5. Give me a timeline for this plan. How quickly can it be accomplished?
6. What are some of the possible unwelcome side effects of this plan?
7. How do you plan on getting around those side effects?
8. What happens to me and my organization if I'm a citizen of the Mars Federation? What obligations do you have as part of that? What obligations do I have?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Skellybones posted:

:vince:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
SoL Uknown: Prince of Carrion

“Space Marines aren't welcome on Terra.”
So many accept this without question. Of course they wouldn't be welcome; the Heresy was the most traumatic war of all time and took place primarily on the surface of the cradle of humanity, and Space Marines were its instigators and primary combatants. But ten thousand years is a long time for any cultural memory to last, and on Terra? Whole cultures grew, changed, and died in mere years rather than the centuries of other, lesser worlds.
Yet, Space Marines are not welcome on Terra. Oh, the Imperial Fists are revered, beloved even; the protectors at the door, the guardians of the sacred soil. But all other chapters have as minimal surface presence possible. Nobody wants to do business with them, or be seen with them. They are feared.

Terra is a planet of many layers. Hives are built upon hives are built upon hives are built upon ruins. There is no map. No one, not even the Administratum, has any idea how deep it really goes in places. They do know that Terra is approximately one-tenth more massive from off-planet sources than it was forty-thousand years before. Layers of steel and stone and plastic, whole lost seas lie deep beneath the surface.

And, of course, there are the nearly forgotten relics.

He held his prey by it's neck in one massive fist. “What is your name?” His voice was a low growl, just audible over the background noise.
His prey, a young man, struggled and stared at the impossibility before him. How was such a thing possible? How was such a thing HERE?
“Jago! I am Jago!” said his prey. It struggled and kicked against his grip – utterly useless, but always entertaining, these past ten thousand years.
The giant chuckled like the purr of a lion. “Really? How odd.”
With a quick and well-practived movement the giant snapped his prey's neck, paralyzing it below the head. A few hours interrogation, and then the corpse would serve to keep him alive a day or so more. Starvation was a distant foe - but here, trapped behind enemy lines, he couldn't be too careful.
The giant left no trace this time. Nothing for the untaken to see and discuss. He'd had to flee from an Inquisitorial squad recently, which was no easy task – it was time to lay low, and figure out what was going on up above once again.
“Let me tell you a secret, prey,” he whispered to the limp form in his hand. “My name is Jago, too.”

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I especially like the hats being in charge of other hats which are in charge of the commissar wearing them.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So we have a ton of leverage here. We can place restrictions on how the Mars Federation is recreated. I highly suggest making one restriction: do not deliberately undermine the stability of the Imperium of Man in pursuit of reforming the Mars Federation, and attempt to form and maintain a peaceful relationship with any factions of humanity loyal to the God-Emperor.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

JT Jag posted:

So we have a ton of leverage here. We can place restrictions on how the Mars Federation is recreated. I highly suggest making one restriction: do not deliberately undermine the stability of the Imperium of Man in pursuit of reforming the Mars Federation, and attempt to form and maintain a peaceful relationship with any factions of humanity loyal to the God-Emperor.

I am opposed to this specific restriction. The Imperium needs to go so it can be replaced. Our duty is to humanity, not to the Throne.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
The only restrictions I think we really need is one stipulating that we are to peacefully re-integrate any qualifying sapient into the federation wherever reasonably possible, and another to disqualify any displaying fealty to the dangerous warp entities commonly known as the chaos gods. Exceptions may be made in circumstances where defectors are willing to undergo surgical and psychological reconditioning to species norms.

In other words, big stick diplomacy and no cultists allowed.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Haggle for becoming a Mind, or at least the cool 'Brain in a pocket universe' thing.

Immortality and Omnipotence

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Tran posted:

The only restrictions I think we really need is one stipulating that we are to peacefully re-integrate any qualifying sapient into the federation wherever reasonably possible, and another to disqualify any displaying fealty to the dangerous warp entities commonly known as the chaos gods. Exceptions may be made in circumstances where defectors are willing to undergo surgical and psychological reconditioning to species norms.

Does the Emperor count as a dangerous warp entity?

What about Fabiyan? :ohdear:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

JT Jag posted:

Sounds pretty good

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Humanity is evolving into a psyker race.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

poor life choice posted:

well, the Emperor did melt our flesh off our metal bones, so I think that counts

Fabiyan, otoh, would have to be playing a hella long con. He's had how many chances to kill us in the past few days? I think he's probably the safest warp entity in basically ever.

Skellybones posted:

holy poo poo this rules

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Tran posted:

I agree

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Skellybones posted:

I am so pleased you don't even know

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Plan tran.

Also exterminatus Terra and the Corpse-King with extreme prejudice. Humanity hosed up, lets try again.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

poor life choice posted:

The rest of the sentence is important "entities commonly known as the chaos gods". Are you saying He on Terra is part of the great enemy?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Tran posted:

The rest of the sentence is important "entities commonly known as the chaos gods". Are you saying He on Terra is part of the great enemy?

Caw caw.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
What if we take the Beast and use it to ram our way into the various god's palaces

It's got a Gellar field and everything, foolproof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Nah, we can take Fab's badass ghost-fort. Or Titan.