Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

##Vote
1).D

The Eldar can handle the demons on their own. They have Fabiyan and much more experience handling warp things.

Torpedoes are easier to hit with point defenses when they aren't up to maximum speed.

The deception is holding... for now. Steady helmsman. Maintain course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Is enclosing them in a virtual illusion that dilates time and leading them into the sun an option? Make it look like we're fleeing?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Arkanomen posted:

##Vote
1).D

You are killing me here. :negative: What are your preferences after D?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Ark wants the D and nothing else will suffice.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Could someone link to the voting rules?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

quote:

Complicated answer for advanced players:
  • The entire vote should be Bold text (select the whole thing, press ctrl- or cmd-b)
  • Preceded by ##vote
  • In all cases, individual votes should be preceded by the question number (1, 2, etc)
  • Primary choice goes first. This must be a letter (A, B, C, D, etc)
  • Secondary choices should be separated by either a semicolon (;) for rank preference, or a comma (,) for indifference.

Thus, if voting for B primarily, with A and C as secondary options, and D as a tertiary option, you would type:

code:
[b]
##vote
1 b;a,c;d
[/b]
And if you a better idea than any of the listed options, you can do a write in as follows!

Plan [yourname]: Something else - Write in. If you have a write in vote, please vote for Plan [yourname] and then write in the plan under your vote
Finally, anything NOT in bold will not be counted, so keep that in mind when voting.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Am I doing this right?

##vote 1. B;A,C,D,

Grognan fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Feb 25, 2016

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Just needs a question marker :D

Like so:

##vote
1. B;A,C,D

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
##vote
1. B;D

Operational security prevents us from warning the Eldar. Too bad, so sad. They can presumably handle it with modest casualties.

E: now that I think about it, changing course will require energy. A light in the darkness, revealing our trajectory. Better to remain silent until we are upon him, earlier than expected.

sullat fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 24, 2016

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

##vote
1 D;C;B;A

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

##vote
1. D;C;B;A

Haha! Ark you're the one messing things up now!

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
D

I refuse to vote with your auto counter >:(

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

D

I refuse to vote with your auto counter >:(

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

##vote
1. D; C; A

If you just vote for one option it means you prefer it above all others, so it doesn't matter if you just vote for one, or for a whole bunch. That's my understanding, anyway.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
##vote
1.D;B;C;A

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
##vote
1.C;A

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

hollylolly posted:

##vote
1. D; C; A

If you just vote for one option it means you prefer it above all others, so it doesn't matter if you just vote for one, or for a whole bunch. That's my understanding, anyway.

That is true, but I wanna see this preference thing in action :v:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

SoL: The Shallows
It took a little while to notice. The soft steps of Kenneth, the clinks and clangs of sparky, the whirr of power armor. Apart from those sounds, the depths were silent. The eternal roar of humanity has been muffled by hundreds of meters of stone and concrete, who knows how many years of human history. They had faced little opposition so far, the imposing figures of Chianti and DeMusio clad in power armor scared off most of the roving bands of scavengers and mutants. The few creatures that were either mindless enough or suicidal enough to attack the group were easily dispatched with power swords.

They are making good time and spirits are high. Joe, however, remains cautious. This area has long since been picked clean by his kind, but still, there should be more people around. Scavenger children learning to navigate the tunnels, mutant families hiding amongst the rubble, or simply some loners who prefered the darkness and quiet. But Sparky’s auspex was picking up nothing. Nothing…

“There are no rats. We need to go back up. They know the ways and if they’re not here we shouldn’t be either”

“Just be glad some people haven’t run off after one yet.” DeMusio grins, to much protest from Chianti and Salmari. Kenneth tries to appear appeasing.

“Joe I have the upmost respect for your...primitive ways. But we’ve gone so far. We can’t just turn back now because of some vermin--”

“Shut it nerd! Sparky, how does everything look? In HUMAN please.”

The techpriest gives Joe the most scathing glare he can manage. “I have been keeping track of environmental signs, everything is optimal for human habitation. My servoskulls have seen no movement or any evidence of a threat, not to mention no lifesigns on the auspex. I would not be dull enough to endanger the group over some fleshy superstitions..”

DeMusio holds up his hand, silencing the arguing men. “We hired Joe here for a reason. He grew up in here, he knows the place best. We go back.”

They didn’t make it far.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Do I need to specify preferences, or can I just cast support for a single vote?

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

You can just support a single vote. But I think Lowell wants to test out the preferences.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

##Vote
D;D;D;D

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
##Vote
1. C; D; B; A

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

##vote
1. d;b;c;a

let's sneak up and take Huron out while he thinks we're elsewhere

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

K, first test run!

quote:

B.B. Rodriguez
1 D; C; B; A

BoneMonkey
1 D; C; B; A

hollylolly
1 D; C; A

meteloides
1 D; B; C; A

Nyaa
1 C; A

paragon1
1 D; B; C; A

sullat
1 B; D

Tran
1 C; D; B; A

Which gives us...

quote:

code:
     A   B   C   D
--++---+---+---+---
A || 0 | 2 | 0 | 1
B || 6 | 0 | 3 | 1
C || 7 | 5 | 0 | 2
D || 7 | 6 | 6 | 0

With the final winner being.... 1 D; C; B; A

Voting not closed, but I wanted to get a feel for the bot and the voting :D

edit:
Looks like it missed… Ark, grognan, hot dog, toughy

When put in manually, it looks like

quote:

B.B. Rodriguez
1 D; C; B; A

BoneMonkey
1 D; C; B; A

hollylolly
1 D; C; A

meteloides
1 D; B; C; A

Nyaa
1 C; A

paragon1
1 D; B; C; A

sullat
1 B; D

Tran
1 C; D; B; A

Ark
1 D

Grognan
1 B;A,C,D

Hot dog
1 D

Tough
1 D

Loel fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 25, 2016

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
##Vote
1. D;D;D;D

This is some loving foul heretek

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Space battles are confusing. Let's use "optimal tactics"

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

##vote
1 d,c;b

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

##vote
1. D; B; C; A

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Hexenritter posted:

##vote
1. D; B; C; A

This

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
There's probably a proscribed strategy for exactly this sort of situation in either the Codex Astartes or Tactica Imperialis. Check them just to make sure.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Ohta "Blackfinger" Tembo. Location: Slaughtered Grox Inn; Hive Alpha - Spire Tertius, Aeolus IX, Segmentum Tempestus

Renton rarely met anyone face-to-face, but Blackfinger had a long-standing working relationship with him. It also didn't hurt that Blackfinger bore an endorsed Letter of Marque. Essentially it was a restricted, non-hereditary Warrant of Trade that granted certain rights and permissions that ordinarily existed outside of Imperial Law as criminal acts. Of course like any savvy pirate Blackfinger knew its ins and outs intimately, and was a past master at operating around and beyond its described boundaries in service of the Dynasty.

In service of the Dynasty, hah, there was a real joke. Other than the slimy sybarite Lord Vyrmire, Blackfinger hadn't seen a ranking member of the Dynasty since Lord-Sire DiMuzio's last visit to Dayne's World fifteen years ago. In that time, Vyrmire had avariciously seized control of as much as he could in his position as Planetary Governor and Dynastic Representative, funnelling the profit and fruits of the planet's labour into his own coffers.

Blackfinger idly mused on what would happen to him when (if) the Lord-Sire finally showed up at Dayne's World to take an accounting. He wasn't so much complicit in Vyrmire's actions as unfortunately bound by contract, and Blackfinger made it a point of pride to never break a contract once sworn.

"You look jumpy." Came a familiar voice from an alcove that hadn't been there five seconds ago.

Reflex prompted a heel-toe pivot, right hand pushing down on the grip of the holstered pistol causing it to rotate to a horizontal position, so much faster than drawing. He shook his head when and relaxed slightly when he saw the bearded, grizzled face and lank grey hair of his contact. His hand remained resting on the pistol's grip. Nobody else in the noisy bar seemed to care.

"Sign of the times, mate. Can't be too careful, especially in unfamiliar territory." Blackfinger shrugged as Renton beckoned him closer. He stepped into the alcove. It was a small room in and of itself, 5 metres to a side. It contained a U-shaped bench seat and a table with the evidence of several hours' worth of casual drinking and gambling.

Also in the alcove with Renton were four other men. Two were standing just inside the alcove, and two were sitting at opposing ends of the bench. All of them were similarly armed, autopistols and knives. On Renton's lap was a relatively attractive albeit weary-eyed brunette wearing a low-cut white blouse that left little to the imagination. The rings under her eyes betrayed her lack of sleep, and the makeup she wore hadn't been freshened in at least a day.

One of the standing men stepped closer to Blackfinger, reaching to disarm him. Blackfinger looked at the man who had stepped forward, he was thickly-built, with a bull neck and an ugly knife scar cleaving diagonally across his face. His left nostril was partially gone and he had what could only be described as piggy eyes. Small black orbs set a little too close together and scrunched up around the edges.

He was stopped by Renton, who lifted his hand. "Won't be necessary."

"FNG?" He mused with a smirk as he reached up to scratch his cheek, which bore three rows of small stud-like scars.

"Yeah. No such thing as overzealous in this day and age though. Shoulda told him you were on the safe list.” Piggy-eyes scowled a little but backed off. His gaze moved to the rest of the inn's patrons and to Blackfinger's bodyguards; the ex-ganger Marrow and the Ogryn bruiser Damage, who had both just stepped inside the alcove to join their boss.

Renton whispered something in the brunette's ear and she slid around one side of the table and slinked away, losing herself in the bustle of the inn's main floor.

"One of the perks of owning the place." Renton grinned as Blackfinger watched her leave, noting a subtle hint of relief in her eyes as she passed him.

"I'll bet. Dirty old sod like you probably only employs indentured girls too. Nowhere to run."

"Wouldn't have it any other way." Yellowed teeth were revealed as Renton's lips split into a lascivious grin. "Now let's get down to business."

Renton's smoke-stained fingers caressed couple of buttons on a small, hand scanner-sized device sat beside a half-empty glass of amber liquor. Behind them, the holo-wall went back up and Blackfinger heard a brief crackle as the comms scrambler kicked in.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Pirates!

Also, was talking with some old friends of mine, found their old fics in my previous form. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1csK4zssEclmBijL_buYWqcqnk-dninUvtpl7vUuyP50/edit Might be something to skim while I'm dealing with my stuff.

In other news, they've taken out the stitches of my roommate, and Im making appointments to find out what classes Ive missed :v:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

LowellDND posted:

Pirates!

Also, was talking with some old friends of mine, found their old fics in my previous form. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1csK4zssEclmBijL_buYWqcqnk-dninUvtpl7vUuyP50/edit Might be something to skim while I'm dealing with my stuff.

In other news, they've taken out the stitches of my roommate, and Im making appointments to find out what classes Ive missed :v:

Pickelhauben!

Good news for your roomie, and I hope you didn't miss too much stuff and can catch up easily.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

##vote
1. D,C,B,A

Send the Emperor a Get Well Soon psyker.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 438,166

I could be taking notes in psych class, orrrrr… I could be writing :D

Choice D

You took a breath, spoke quietly. “It looks like they fell for it.”
Fabiyan nodded silently, both of you watching the swarm of horrors fly deeper into space. The Craftworlds had already started to engage them, parasite ships beginning their inhumanly graceful dance. The Craftworlds themselves were drifting away towards the inner system, keeping the eye of Huron on them - and away from you.

You were unnoticed, for the moment.

You nodded to yourself. “Okay. Let’s… approach from the oblique. Above them, as it were.”
The bridge staff acknowledged the command, began inputting the orders. The vast engines of the Beast began to pivot and turn, and the Eldar Corsairs followed with you. It was an easy thing to fall into - thinking of space as two dimensions. Something you planned to take advantage of. With Huron watching the elliptic, you might have the chance to surprise - and flank him.

It was unfortunate that this particular area of space was mostly empty. If it wasn’t, you might have considered turning off your engines, and letting a local moon slingshot you to the target. With the engines turned off, you would have been less visible, improving your odds of surprise. With no moon, though, you would have had to turn them on again at the pivot point, which would have highlighted your approach dramatically.

Instead, it was the slow and marginal tweaks - a fraction of a degree every few hours - that your fleet chose to do. In a handful of days you would have eyes on the enemy fleet, and you were confident an alpha strike at the heart of them would break apart the invasion entirely. All it relied on was the Craftworlds keeping their focus - and why would they not? What commander would split their forces, and attack with the smaller?

You always felt most comfortable when you were taking refuge in audacity.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 438,483

Some days later

“Mm. Now that’s interesting.”
Theta-411 looked over at you. <Magos?>
“You seeing these readings? Gellar warnings.”
He glanced closer at the screens. <Background radiation?>
“Stastically significant though. Run the numbers.”
He glanced away for a moment, processing. <Ah. That is interesting.>
“Think we can get an image of it?”
<One moment.>

You watched the holographic map shift and distort. A chasm appeared - a Warp rift, tens of thousands of kilometers across. Your sensors were having trouble dealing with it, refusing to admit it was even there. Ceres itself had fallen into it, and the orbitals around it had turned into strange, horrific things.

You tapped your fingers thoughtfully. “Looks like he brought a bit of the Maelstrom with him.”
<Do we continue, Magos?>

What do you do?

A. We have time. Let’s work on the Geller fields, see what technobabble we can do.
B. Let’s feed the Eldar to it and see what happens.
C. We look like a pile of space debris, we can just float towards it with no one the wiser.
D. If they don’t see you now, they will soon. Began lobbing missiles.
E. Something Else.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
##vote
1. A,C,D

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
A - throwing tech at things always works.

How do they usually get rid of a rift like this?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

##vote
1. A; D

Technobabble this up! We're going in (I think)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

##vote
1. A, C

'The weak singularity appears to be expanding - I have to re-route the delta region before the Immaterium affects the strange fluctuations and reverses. Wait! ...There appears to be a critical time-matter field at the apex which affects relativity near the quantum core! Hold on!