Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Current: 457,993

You gave Fabiyan’s hand a squeeze, and he squeezed back. Progress, at least of a sort.

Limosa sat up, shaking sweat off of himself, as Athena rolled and sprang up catlike. You had a strange juxtaposed memory of Megabyte and Fluors, but dismissed it. Glanced at Limosa, who gave you a tired nod. Looked to Athena. “Hey. How you feeling?” A pause. “Do you remember what happened?”

Athena brushed hair away from her face. “I remember the fight with the Herald, and being struck by warp-fever. After that, it’s all confusion.” You looked quickly at the others, who didn’t say anything. Was she lying? Was what she had said part of her fever dreams, or something deeper, and more vulnerable?

“Well, it’s good you are back. We’re in a bit of a spot.”
“What do you - yikes.” Her eyes assumed the brief distance of checking status reports. “That’s not good at all.”
“So, if you have a miracle to pull out, now would be the time.”
Athena made a face. “I’m not eager to play in the Warp again, but I do have something I was working on for you.” She shrugged. “I meant for it to be a surprise during happier times, but now seems as good as ever. You remember when Amacita ordered this ammo-bay attached for the Munitorum?”
“Sure.”
“Well, I asked her to.” She chuckled. “Through a number of intermediaries. I needed a large cargo bay where I would be left alone.”
“Made me some more Titans?” You couldn’t hide the hope in your voice.

“Mm, no. More of an escape route. It won’t fit most of your Krieg, but the Family, the people you actually know. We could leave.”
“And go where?”
“Wherever you wanted, really.”
You blinked. She continued. “Remember that big stasis field on Golgotha where everyone is fighting over my ship?”
“How could I forget?”
“Well, it’s not there.”
Your head jerked back in shock. “Are you saying…”
Her smile was everything you could hope for, massive spot lights flaring behind her.
“Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you. The Olympus.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

STOP THE loving BUS

WHAT THE loving poo poo

:cripes:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
BACK TROUGH TIME!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

cat_herder posted:

STOP THE loving BUS

WHAT THE loving poo poo

:cripes:

Transported 100kg at a time, across thousands of light years, over months and months of real time :D

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:flashfap:
I am so hard right now

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Lol, a modular starship.

Can't she transport nukes into enemy ships 100kg at a time?

There's so. Many twists here I can't keep track of anything.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
Cue vacation arc, redux?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Brainstorming for out current predicament

Note: None of this is a vote or even a recommendation for voting until y'all (fail to) tear it to shreds. But we do need to figure out where we're even going to resupply.

The immediate concern, once we get our people's collective poo poo together, sunder Typhus, and get away from this place, is whether Titan will follow Terra or oppose Chaos, but seeing as they're the heart of the Cabal and built entirely as a weapon against Chaos I'm cautiously optimistic. They may not love us anymore but some of our enemies are kinder and more affable than the friends we've made.

Second, doesn't this mean the Treaty of Olympus is materially void since one of the parties is a fraudulent impersonator? Obviously we don't have the resources to flout it openly - really not even the AM does - but we should probably let the Fabricator-General (assuming she isn't a fuckin' C'Tan, and also holy cats is English bad with pronouns for sophonts who are beyond gender) know our actual motherland is now politically unfettered.

And maybe question return to humanity's motherworld at all. Not that that'll keep us away from it or vice versa (although WOW that should aid us handsomely, Athena for MVP), but fighting half the galaxy is not something we rush into headlong and blindly.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
The silly thing is you guys are all panicking about a demon army and our inability to beat it with a few hundred space marines. You forget we have an entire army of purpose-bred soldiers. A majority of which are altered to dampen the warp in a tangible way. All of them come from stock born and raised on a world where the very air sears the lungs and eats the skin.

Send in the clones.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

So, people didn't trust our sketchy sister to trap 90% of the Imperial mega-fleet at Golgotha.

Turns out she just wanted to help us root out heresy, weakening the chaos faction of the Imperium and strengthening the Emperor's position. She's the gift that keeps giving, siding with her just leads to being more right than you expect her to be.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 10, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
We've got a fairly awesome army of powers here at the moment, why are we trying to kill their army when we should be steamrolling right past the herald and going for a decapitation strike against Nurgle himself.

It won't kill him permanently but it'll weaken him abd give us time to grab the space elf God and buzz back to realspace.

Once he's weakened a bit the other chaos powers will probably have a go at Papa Nurgs and we can have fun with chaos in chaos.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outrail posted:

We've got a fairly awesome army of powers here at the moment, why are we trying to kill their army when we should be steamrolling right past the herald and going for a decapitation strike against Nurgle himself.

It won't kill him permanently but it'll weaken him abd give us time to grab the space elf God and buzz back to realspace.

Once he's weakened a bit the other chaos powers will probably have a go at Papa Nurgs and we can have fun with chaos in chaos.

definitly not this arc :D

edit: kiling the herald and his army *will* weaken nurgle considerably though

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I was waiting so very, very long for the shoe on the Optimizer to drop and goddamn Loel that's a big shoe.

Yay Olympus though! DAoT ultratech shenanigans will continue to, uh, continue apace.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I was waiting so very, very long for the shoe on the Optimizer to drop and goddamn Loel that's a big shoe.

Yay Olympus though! DAoT ultratech shenanigans will continue to, uh, continue apace.

:D :v:

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Decapitation Strike, we need those Grey Knights for Papa Smurf.

Yknow, if sister had bothered to tell us why she wanted to imprison the heretical Imperial fleers at Golgotha, we wouldn't have sent Huron in that direction.
Wonder why she let us optimize the throne at all, maybe to give it an even fight with the other Chaos forces.

Really gotta hand it to Lowell, it makes sense the Empire is the law and order version of evil chaos. It's far too dark and miserably and... evil.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

RA Rx posted:

It's far too dark and miserably and... evil.

I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS!!!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

it really does make sense

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

So, what do you do?

Possible options:
Flee the warp, leave Grey Knights
Flee the warp, leave Hera
Order the Abrogates to combat
Authorize Athena to win the war
Some combination??

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

pres butan baby yeah :v:

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

LowellDND posted:

So, what do you do?

Possible options:
Flee the warp, leave Grey Knights
Flee the warp, leave Hera
Order the Abrogates to combat
Authorize Athena to win the war
Some combination??

To arms, my children.

I'd forgotten about the Abrogates' warp dampening skills. Thank you, Tran, for bringing that back up.

Besides, idk if we can take them all aboard the Olympus. We should definitely bring the core of our cult though.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Call up Huron. Tell him there's a sale on Warp Cheetos at Golgotha but Ultramar only has plain Triscuits.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Blasphemaster posted:

Call up Huron. Tell him there's a sale on Warp Cheetos at Golgotha but Ultramar only has plain Triscuits.

loving lmao

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Realpost: Smash Typhus. Grab all our buddies and awesome poo poo, spacefold to Ultramar with Olympus powers. Slap a new optimizer on not-Guilaman/RealEmps. Spank Huron. Profit?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Gwaihir posted:

rofl gently caress me and we just sent Blackheart off to raid and pillage there.

We're the best!!!

So we renounce Horus as a traitor, kill him, and make sure Emperor Guilliman never wakes up. That's two big obstacles removed form the way of the Mars Federation.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Blasphemaster posted:

Realpost: Smash Typhus. Grab all our buddies and awesome poo poo, spacefold to Ultramar with Olympus powers. Slap a new optimizer on not-Guilaman/RealEmps. Spank Huron. Profit?

We don't yet know that the Emperor is posing as Guilliman, and we can argue that audiences on Titan and Mars are part of "grab all our buddies". Also if Mars can do something conclusive with the five-watt preliminary analysis Ching Shih's, uh, "built and coded faithful" data slate handed back, we can actually give Huron a good reason to hold up.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Order the Abrogates to combat. Frame it like this.

"You've been wondering what mission you've been training for, why you had to suffer so much without any clear idea about what's going on. Then Holy Terra got threatened and you've been ready for this fight all your lives but you haven't been used yet.

Abrogates. We're about to attempt something audacious. If we can take out Nurgel's Herald and take out his Army then we can take out Nurgel. We can take out one of the gods of Chaos.

Fabian, the Dark Knights, and myself launched a probing attack. We've identified their weaknesses to certain tactics and driven off a pirate fleet that was providing him with support. Now we commit all our forces to battle. We commit you to battle. So prepare yourselves. We launch the attack in (time)"

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Authorize Athena to Win the War (we already did this)
Plan RandomPaul: Annihilate Typhus then clean up his armies
Call Huron and apologize, redirect to attack Chaos Worlds
(if he refuses at least we tried)
Take most of our retinue (leaving a trusted Regent/Seneschal in place, Limosa?) and closest allies and Port to Ultramar - set up a shuttlebus service for the Grey Knights and other VIPs while the Beast makes its way by conventional hyperspace

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 10, 2016

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Now that Athena is probably warp free, it should be safe to put our fancy titan on autopilot - it's what its designed for after all....

Our issue with fighting the battle outside is attrition, and this solves that problem by taking us out of the picture... I'd rather leave the titan (which Athena can presumably make more of) behind to battle the forces of chaos forever than the gray knights or the abrogates... And I don't want to press the button yet.

It even has its own gellar field so should never become warp tainted!

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Numeron posted:

Now that Athena is probably warp free, it should be safe to put our fancy titan on autopilot - it's what its designed for after all....

Our issue with fighting the battle outside is attrition, and this solves that problem by taking us out of the picture... I'd rather leave the titan (which Athena can presumably make more of) behind to battle the forces of chaos forever than the gray knights or the abrogates... And I don't want to press the button yet.

I see what you're saying but we should probably not give them our military secrets.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Prioritize killing Typhus, don't bother with his troops unless they're in the way. We'll do this alone, in our Titan. Our retinue goes to Ultramar.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Maybe take Athena aside for a moment: "Athena, we saw your fevered dreams. Wtf was with having me fix Horus' throne and not telling us Ultramar are secretly traitor loyalists to Guilliman/the true Emperor? Now Huron and Adelaide are on their way to turn them into potions or something. I love you, and I trust your integrity (at least until you got warped there) but you need to get on the level!"

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 10:51 on May 10, 2016

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Numeron posted:

Athena's definitely not warp free (yet)- We just got Limosa to patch the holes, for a full cleansing we need the Grey Knights en masse.

But yea, I'm on the side of do whatever is needed to smash Typhus, so that we can advance to real juicy stuff: Powwows with Titan, Mars, time to breathe, get poo poo squared away, and go holy poo poo some more at all the bombs Lowell is dropping.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I would laugh if we order the abrogates to war and watch in horror as 5 year old vat-grown men and women get mown down by Chaos because of course they're not on the same level as GW's perfect clones of ... the Emperor? Horus?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Seems like the scale we're dealing with here is just not right for trying to use the Abrogates against this army. We've got, what, ~250k of them on the Beast? Against an army in the 10+s of millions size? We just need to go straight to techy mcguffins of mass destruction here.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
So the Ultramar really are traitor working for horus! :newlol:

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Nyaa posted:

So the Ultramar really are traitor working for horus! :newlol:

:thurman:

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
What ever we do do not abandon Hera and the Beast.

For chris's sake, remember the whole, "child of Hera" shtick? Athena may be cool kids with their cigarettes and DaoT titan toys, but Hera is our mother. We may be old enough to leave the home, but not to sacrifice it just because the cool kids are telling us to kill you're parents.

We can use Olympus as the trump-card force multiplier. Its weapons can instantly double our killing power, something Typhus probably doesn't expect. Allowing us to clear the way for the decapitation strike. Also, where is he getting his reinforcements from? We're still in the warp, so he can call upon approxamitely infinity reinforcements. Let's decapitation strike and then book it with all our major assets.

Unwise_Cashew
Jan 19, 2014

sullat posted:

What ever we do do not abandon Hera and the Beast.

Yeah, abandoning Hera, while in the Warp, is a really, especially, absolutely bad idea. Even if we did succeed at killing Typhus, if we leave Hera we'd be dealing with a much worse Herald very quickly.

My question is how are we gonna pull this decapitation strike? Just run face-first at Typhus and hope for the best again? Because, yes, that is in keeping with Ohone's forte, but it already didn't exactly work. Can we draw Typhus into a trap of some sort, where we can gellar field him and then stasis his rear end? It's a bit of kicking the can down the road, but at the moment we gots a lot on our plate, plus, he'd make a nice sacrifice to Emperor Horus :getin:

Also, if we can get someone else to run face first into a nuke for once, that'd be nice.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Use Hera as the nuke. Decouple as much of Hera as she can spare then set the Beast to super-self destruct mode. Sail the doomed beast into the maelstrom after fleeing in the Olympus and let her rip. Hera will be damaged but we can rebuild the beast. Then in the chaos, sweep in with Abrogrates and Grey Knights and clean house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Arkanomen posted:

Use Hera as the nuke. Decouple as much of Hera as she can spare then set the Beast to super-self destruct mode. Sail the doomed beast into the maelstrom after fleeing in the Olympus and let her rip. Hera will be damaged but we can rebuild the beast. Then in the chaos, sweep in with Abrogrates and Grey Knights and clean house.

This is a worse idea than pushing the button was.