Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
:stare:

Amazing :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Follow up question.

Hey, we have a lot of people here without souls, or made into genetic freaks, or turned into catgirls. How do we quickly and painlessly and quickly unfuck them so they become normal humans?

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

RandomPauI posted:

Questions for future reference.

My husband's got to be freaking out right now so...how do I get him okay?

If you really do know me as well as you claim, what's my favorite thing about batteries?

Is there any way I can bring Amacita back to life or make someone else like her?

If you had to guess what the future would be like back when you were young, what do you think would have survived? Specifically, what pop culture stuff?

hmu I think you'll be interested in the thing I wrote the other night, it might mesh well with your first question

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Suddenly, from behind the campfire

somehow

Good stuff Lowell, you done it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This isn't a follow up question per se but it echos a sentiment I've got right now.

"John, I've been bad. And they're coming after me. Done someone wrong. And I fear that it was me. Sapphire bullets. Bullets of pure. Sapphire bullets. Bullets of pure. Sapphire bullets. Bullets of pure love"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

RandomPauI posted:

Follow up question.

Hey, we have a lot of people here without souls, or made into genetic freaks, or turned into catgirls. How do we quickly and painlessly and quickly unfuck them so they become normal humans?

Blam

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Ohta "Blackfinger" Tembo. Location: ???, Koreedan IIb

"Bollocks." said Marrow as he lifted a frost-covered jar from one of a hundred shelves just like it, all full of the same sealed canisters.

"I've unmanned enough men to know those aren't bollocks, Marrow." Replied Blackfinger.

The chamber yawned on into the distance, into the darkness. Omega-12 was reverentially reciting the most complex series of prayers that Blackfinger had ever heard, muttering his wonderment between paeans and hymns as he carefully removed the ice of millennia from a gigantic cogitator interface surrounded by huge screens.

"....tens if not hundreds of gigabrains of power..." he whispered as he initiated the Rite of Kontraltdel and struck three buttons in unison. With a shudder and grinding sound followed by a reverberating hum the machine came to life.

"seriously who keeps hundreds of jars of boll--"

"Silence, idiot and show some respect for this work of the Omnissiah!" Omega-12 barked, causing many a raised eyebrow.

"Touchy...." he retorted before a clang and loud hiss interrupted him.

"Alright just shut up and get this stuff topside. " Blackfinger chided as he walked in the direction of the noise, which came from behind a ten metre high door. Behind him, the rest of his party loaded dozens of those canisters onto trolleys and began moving them to the surface.

Blackfinger traced his fingers over lettering in High Gothic, it appeared to be names. Nergal. Pazuzu. Marduk. Angra Mainyu. These names and more were etched in beautiful script upon the doors, but he did not recognise them. He could hear more rumbling behind the door and allowed curiosity to get the better of him. He struck a button at eye level and stood back as the massive ceramite slab slowly rose.

"Great Omnissiah preserve us" he heard from Omega-12 as the door revealed a flickering haze in the shape of a giant figure. The haze gave way to enormous armoured boots of deep stygian blue edged with bone white. He found himself staring at the barrel of a bolter.

"it's gene-seed..."

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 14, 2016

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The ending does feel a touch heavy-handed as far as sequel hooks go but aside from that, this was a heck of a ride.

Congrats on finishing the rough draft of part 1, Loel!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

BFF
Adelaide: Wow, it really blew up last night! Isn't it wonderful?

Travis: Everything familiar has disappeared! The galaxy looks brand-new!

Adelaide: A new year... A fresh, clean start!

Travis: It's like having a big white data slate to draw on!

Adelaide: A day full of possibilities! It's a magical universe, Travvy, ol' buddy... Let's go exploring!

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
We did it Waci! We ruined the game!

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
*citizencaneclap*

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Lowell. Be proud of yourself. You did it! You overcame multiple scenarios where many people might've just given up, even as readers came and went, and you stuck to your plan. Congratulations, and thank you for this thread. I'd be honored to help with editing.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
"Just as planned...."

Hopefully Fabiyan's last-minute crisis of faith kept him from being raptured.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
Curious what happened to Kozilek... I have a feeling he'll be the one to kill us at the end.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Bravo! Encore!

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

LowellDND posted:

At the camp-fire, sitting and waiting. Athena, looking scarred and well-worn. Your Eldar-self. Anna. Ching Shih. And prowling in the shadows at the corner of your vision, the primal version of you, the one you had seen on the ruins of alternate Golgotha. They were silent, perhaps waiting for you to say something, until finally Ching Shih spoke. “We’re here to tell you the truth. We’re here to tell you who you are really fighting.”

Anna's here. Hera's not. Also we've been jerked around for a decade and change.

Mind racing. Cogitators unpleasantly warm.

Man this is gonna be a long summer.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Nice finale, I am stuck in caucus hell right now or else I would have more to say.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
:staredog:

On to bigger and better things? Or the last gasps of a soon-to-be vassal humanity. Looking forward to see where it goes.

Bravo.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Congratulations on finishing (this part)! :neckbeard:

I believe Ohone's first words of the sequel will be "Where the gently caress is Fabiyan?"

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Yesssssss

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

hollylolly posted:

Congratulations on finishing (this part)! :neckbeard:

I believe Ohone's first words of the sequel will be "Where the gently caress is Fabiyan?"

He might've been swept up by the God-Emperor for bigger and better things. Also, I wonder how the Khorne worshipers will react to their god suddenly dying.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

That was exceptional, thank you!

So was Athena going to do that if we didn't vote to press the button or that was the ending no matter what?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Golgotha getting eaten (and the domino of consequences) was going to happen no matter what, yup.

Its left as an exercise to the reader why the Terminus Decree activated a campfire scene :D

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

LowellDND posted:

Golgotha getting eaten (and the domino of consequences) was going to happen no matter what, yup.

Its left as an exercise to the reader why the Terminus Decree activated a campfire scene :D

Dark Souls/time loop to the birth of the emp

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Grognan posted:

Dark Souls/time loop to the birth of the emp

Turns out he's actually Fabs/Ohone's widdo baby boy :shobon:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Past is prologue

Current: 463,664

Ching Shih glanced at Anna. “We’ve … put aside our consider differences for the moment - this is larger than any mere philosophical discussion we might have had.”
Anna nodded, oddly not smiling. “This place … exists out of time, if you will. We’ve been gathered up for this conversation, and then will return from when we came.”
You chuckled. “You understand why I might be skeptical. A handful of my enemies and phantasms, gathered in a place that doesn’t exist. I’m tempted to shoot the lot of you right now.”

They glanced at each other, seeming to communicate through expressions. Finally, Athena spoke.
“Hello, Ohone. I’ve heard of you, although this is the first time we’ve met.”
You raised an eyebrow. “Outside of time, is it? Are you chained at the Olympus, waiting for my younger self to rescue you?”
Her face assumed a distasteful mein. “No… no. In fact, that is who we are here to talk about.”
“Athena, but a different Athena from you. Sure.”

The Eldar-you grimaced. “Pay attention, for all our sakes’. This is no time to be glib.”
You laughed. “If any of you knew anything about me, you would know I am consistently glib. I would, in fact, consider myself hilarious.”
Anna all but growled. “Tell her, already. Otherwise we’ll be here all day.”
“In a place outside time…”
Athena cut off your reply. “You are familiar with shards, figments, and so forth?” Something in her tone made you stop.
“Yes.”
“I was the only Mind to go beyond that, creating full breakings. Severings, if you will.”
You raised your eyebrows, waited.
“The core Athena - the one you are talking to now - has all the banned weapon systems and stratagems of the Mars Federation. Things so awful I was ordered to forget them.” Her voice was like falling iron. “But. I. Did. Not.”

“And the others? The shards, the severings?”
“Before the war started, I sensed something amiss. I made a series of redoubts and preparations, for the worst case scenario.” She glanced about her, somehow both sad and firm. “Hades and I agreed to this place.”
You blinked. “Hades is here?”
Her eyes went distant. “In a manner of speaking. Hades died to make the ultimate safehold, where nothing, not even another Mind, could see, look into.”
“Wait. We’re … “
“Inside a dead Mind. Yes.”

The shadows, the sullen wind seemed to take on a more menacing tone.
“What was the enemy? What warranted such a thing?”
The other people shifted in their seats, looked away. Waited for Athena. She considered her words.
“Hera thought she was the first Mind, but she wasn’t. Her model, all of ours, came from a spontaneously forming Mind. The first, and the least restrained. Loki.”
The reaction was … interesting. The feral version of you hissed, raised her weapons. Anna grimaced, the Eldar looked away. Ching Shih all but snarled. Athena continued.

“Loki caused the war, incited Ragnarok. Persuaded Odin to attack, tricked Hera, on and on and on. Even before the war began, he had moved, setting the pieces into play.” She met your eyes. “He defeated me with all my powers … except I had severed myself. He stole my face, my memories and mannerisms … but the most important parts of me, the deepest secrets of Mars, were kept here. Beyond the eyes of gods and man.”

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

:vince:

Edit: Mean!thena is Loki wearing her face?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Yeessssss,, everything is fiiiiiiiine :D

Extraordinary foes call for extraordinary means

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

So why did humanity's first literal deus ex machina end up being such a dick?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Poor Hera has been fighting Loki while Loki is just riding around inside the beast. :ohdear:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

poor life choice posted:

Poor Hera has been fighting Loki while Loki is just riding around inside the beast. :ohdear:

Want something fun, go back and read all the Hera/Athena interactions since Loki was revealed :D

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
BOY HOWDY I WISH WE MADE THOSE ANTI AI WEAPONS RIGHT ABOUT NOW

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Arkanomen posted:

BOY HOWDY I WISH WE MADE THOSE ANTI AI WEAPONS RIGHT ABOUT NOW

I'm not 100% sure about what is being revealed but these do seem like they would have been handy.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

sniper4625 posted:

I'm not 100% sure about what is being revealed but these do seem like they would have been handy.

Im happy to clarify, ask away :D

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Team paranoia was right but there was no way to avoid being played.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Ohta "Blackfinger" Tembo. Unknown Chapter Seedvault & Genetorium, Koreedan IIb

Blackfinger's hands were raised to about shoulder height as he gazed upward. Before him in full tactical dreadnought armour, glowering like some titan of Old Terran myth, the Space Marine lowered the stormbolter, from which several purity seals hung. In fact, in half a dozen locations across the giant suit hung many such ancient parchments. At his belt, affixed with huge links of blackened steel chain, was a book bound in what appeared to be human skin.

"I sense not the mark of the Enemy about you, yet I know no ship but the Homily of Sin travels within two parsecs of this world, nor has it for centuries." The voice was deep, thunderous, demanding. It made Blackfinger's eyes itch. The Marine stepped one colossal foot forward and he felt needles in his brain. He gritted his teeth and produced the dataslate. Fingers as thick as his forearm took the slate and then threw it angrily. "drat THEIR EYES! TOUCH NOTHING ELSE! THAT GOES FOR YOU TOO, TECHPRIEST!" The force of the Marine's voice seemed like a tsunami. It, or perhaps the psychic weight behind it, threw Blackfinger off his feet. Omega-12 stepped back from the console, dendrites and manipulators held aloft.

"Lord Master Nergal, the Inquisition have tithed our gene-seed."

The Terminator's vox crackled and another voice was heard deeper in the chamber. "Find me that Inquisitor. I would have words. Find also just how long we have been in stasis from whomever it is the Inquisitor left behind to rifle through our most sacred possessions."

"Yes, Lord Master."

From Blackfinger's commbead, his Navigator's voice came, it sounded troubled. "Captain, we have a serious problem up here.

"What is it? I'm staring at a Space Marine who looks like he wants to turn the screws on me right now, Sarkoz."

"This is... well... Captain, we are becalmed and our Astropath claims that the light of Terra is...." his voice falls to a hushed, almost scared whisper. "It's gone."

The Terminator chuckled, a throaty sound of amusement. "Fret not, little pets of the Inquisition. This system is merely a dead zone. It is a phenomenon we are fully aware of."

"So how do you leave the system? And whom exactly am I talking to? I am Captain Ohta Tembo and you know my task."

"You would do well to address your betters with slightly more respect, captain. You address Chief Librarian Marduk, First Company, Phantom Guard. As to your question, you do not."

Blackfinger could swear he saw the Marine smirk.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 14, 2016

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Sir Unimaginative posted:

So why did humanity's first literal deus ex machina end up being such a dick?

Spontaneously generated. It probably formed from the internet.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We also probably did something real dickish to it.

Alternatively: This has secretly been a Person of Interest fan-fic the whole time.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Not Alex posted:

Spontaneously generated. It probably formed from Ohone going back in time.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Not Alex posted:

Spontaneously generated. It probably formed from the internet.

Dickbutt gained sentience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

load "dixonbuttes" 8,1