Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Just want to say that the awesome writing has convinced me that I can somehow find time for one more CYOA to be obsessed by.

A + C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
B There is only one answer to heresy: Death DEATH DEATH! OMNISSIAH DELIVER US!

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Plan Kegslayer

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
B You are an infection. You will be cleansed.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Jesus I know it's just echoing what others have said but you're really loving good at writing 40k. seriously a lot of their contracted authors don't capture the feel nearly as well as you do.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons

Arkanomen posted:

Initiate contact rights. Open up our memory data-banks using the simplest encoding possible. Explain situation and assume command authority. Explain lapse in time, current status and offer assistance

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
C

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons

Arkanomen posted:

ATHENA IS NOT HERETICAL! ALL TECH IS OURS! GLORY TO THE MACHINE MOTHER!

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
D Ask Athena to deliver us from this warren of madness into the holy stillness of her solid state spirit

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
By the God-Emperor I love this story. You're such a fun and engaging writer.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
use mechadendrite scout maybe we can retrieve amacita. I think she's sweet. And loyal. And good at management. Once we get her off his drugs.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
I've had a change of heart. Sorry Amacita but suffer not the demon to live, even if it means collateral damage. Leave. Send this cesspit into the sun.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
I'm really angry about people voting to charge and I'm really sad about maybe probably dying.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Retcon

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Yes, Travel the Seas of Time Husbando, I am coming~

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Half elves are cool because they have no racial penalties and receive some of the elf racial bonuses and they can multi class as fighter/wizard/clerics

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
A

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Guide - Miriam
Conscience - Galahad
Cunning - Dwarf

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons

Grognan posted:

"Future. Devries, tell Limosa when and how you kill him so he can fake his own death."

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Ohone doesn't die in the blast. There's no reason to yank out her soul. If we never took her soul, then we always had it. I oppose taking out our soul. Our anger grief rage misery and randomness are thus the result of loss and trauma and we can heal.

We went on this trip to rescue our husband, possibly some of the others. I vote to resurrect 2: Fabiyan, Sincera Fabiyan is our partner and war master. Sincera is our chief investigator and an organizational genius. Also, these are the characters that really stick out for me, the ones I'm most attached to after Ohone.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Wear the Power Armor at all times, it will be filled and surrounded by our enhancements, forming a protective core for our True Form (of metal)

Communicate with the Magos/tech perimeter using every form of primitive and sophisticated communications and signaling methods we know. We need to get in there, we need to talk to the magos.

purge anything with the alien organs enhancement, what if they're Tyranid and causing our psyckers to freak out/calling a hive fleet to throw their shadow on our warp and becalm us?

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Develop countermeasures every camera, sensor, node, door, and thermostat destroyed or compromised should be rigged to retaliate with fire and death. Also we should be deploying new information gathering devices on tracks, gyros, dendrites, and rocket packs to constantly be probing back, recording on all spectrums, ready to explode in a shower of promethium and disco lights if intercepted. Force them to respond to a thousand constant incursions while we research countermeasures. Don't let them consolidate or advance. Machines may tread where the flesh cannot stand. We should be developing virus bombs to melt them from the inside out. We should be deploying psychic mosquito nets as described above.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Can we vent the oil to extinguish the flames and then suction it back up? No need to be wasteful. Machines reclaim and reuse.

Make sure Alpha Deck is impregnable. Continue to saturate the creatures with surveillance devices that cost them lives to interfere with. Work on designing light sources and night-vision equipment for our troops. Equip everyone with flares. Research genetic viruses, protection for Psykers, detection nets for the hostiles.

Cleaning machines. What I imagine is a ring device that moves on cilia, that expands or contracts to completely fill a corridor. The pieces of the ring expand and contract on hydraulics or some kind of tech. It's covered in blades and moves rapidly, "cleaning out" corridors by being a giant self propelled industrial shredder. Remember that such shredders don't require sharp blades to chew up huge objects because they grind tough objects apart.

Deploy Doomsday Roombas, the Omnissiah will bring death to the xeno scum!

Edit: needless to say such devices will bring death to those who tamper with it by a million volts, gas, and shaped directional self destruct functions in the unlikely event of systems failure

Althair fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 17, 2015

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
:kimchi: In the grim darkness of the far future it takes a Krieger Commissar to really appreciate love

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons

Althair posted:

Cleaning machines. What I imagine is a ring device that moves on cilia, that expands or contracts to completely fill a corridor. The pieces of the ring expand and contract on hydraulics or some kind of tech. It's covered in blades and moves rapidly, "cleaning out" corridors by being a giant self propelled industrial shredder. Remember that such shredders don't require sharp blades to chew up huge objects because they grind tough objects apart.

Deploy Doomsday Roombas, the Omnissiah will bring death to the xeno scum!

Edit: needless to say such devices will bring death to those who tamper with it by a million volts, gas, and shaped directional self destruct functions in the unlikely event of systems failure

Pimping Death Roombas again because why send men when you can send a machine, the Xenos are filth let them be cleansed like dirt.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Slay the Orks

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons

Grognan posted:

HACK THE SKITARIII

While the Magos Biologis has been busy building fleshy weapons (the flesh is weak) we've been honing our skills with code and steel (metal in the true flesh) and now while the weakness of the flesh betrays her, with the strength of steel we conquer.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Omnissiah save us. If we live through this we're going to need an army of merry maid servitors to clean up this mess.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
I'm confused by the swelling confidence posters have that Kiera is Dark Mechanicus and has fallen to the Great Enemy. She just seems to be using her dangerous and forbidden tech for executing a masterful attempt at a power play, which is kind of standard for the long running contest between trader, church, and magos on the Beast, no?

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons

Waci posted:

This is why you beatify your husband, girls.

I died for the Emperor and by his will ROSE AGAIN

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

If the Krieger's belief influences reality... are they orks

This works for the Sisters of Battle too.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons

Shadeoses posted:

So I choose to interpret this as the God Emperor/Omnissiah officially blessing our efforts to serve Athena and rebuild the galaxy.

Recall that the Emperor was a man of science, who believed in a peace through progress.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Don't burn profit factor. Role to acquire ship accommodations and upgrades.

Ask the former Lord-Sire about the spine. Ask him if he wants to advise us or be left alone. Try to convince him to advise us if he is reluctant to come out of retirement. Ask him for tips and secret knowledge.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
I also support investing more time and attention in getting to know our people better and in the intentional cultivation of loyalty.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Hack the spine and extract the data from the spine in binary form. Whatever personalities or cascading memories, we will always be in control.

Terminate Devries. He is too dangerous.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Magos 2 I don't really know what to vote for because I'm not that familiar with the system, but I want to support whatever makes us a better hacker/inventor/cyborg because I am all in for embracing the True Flesh of metal and working with Athena.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Magos

200 XP
Ordo Malleus Retinue Cell Directive

300 XP
Cog Whisperer

500 XP
Ally of the Departmento Munitrorum
Conciliator
Electro Illumination

700 XP
Observation Mastery

I don't want a rivalry with the sisters, who function like orks in that their faith shapes reality. We took some armor from one of their daemon-consorting heretics. We also have a living saint, which is kind of their favorite thing after the Emperor.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Keep all of the notes at least until we have developed counter-measures for them

Hack the spine, extract data
terminate devries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
And by brain I'm sure you mean second or third backup brain. The flesh is weak. Redundant everything.