Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Let's push towards a nailbiter.

Tech Priest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Can't wait until we meet Dad. He'll probably be a brain in a jar or something.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Asehujiko posted:

E

Prevent the ship from blowing up while Red 5 drives off. Then, announce that the race was actually a secret test of character to see who's mind was the most focussed on keeping the ship intact in the event of a (totally planned) catastrophe like this. Declare yourself the winner.

Then have everyone who cries foul turned into servitors.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Outrail posted:

Hmm ok. But as a tech priest would it be feasible at some point in the future to weaponize a warp drive and fire demons at people?

Remember the folly of Inquisitor Drogan.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Outrail posted:

Multist? I don't understand.

I thought it sounded familiar, so I did some checking. Here's what I found after a search:

It's a reference to "Kill a Commie for Mommy," a slogan apparently coined by one Col. David H. Hackworth during the Korean War.

http://youarenotforgotten.tumblr.com/post/5477693473/col-david-h-hackworth-1930-2005-perhaps-the

Edit: That said, yeah, let's get down to work: C

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Woo-Dark is fine by me.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Purge the incompetent.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Can't wait for LowellDND to break out the Halo Devices.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

It's way cooler for Ohone to steel her soul in the face of evil than to just fall over at its feet. I mean sure Ohone might die anyway but that's the price of being a badass.

B

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

A1

Ohone is stone-cold, and there is no need to grant this demon a beautiful death.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

FireSight posted:

Where the hell did this talk of AI suddenly come from?

Alien, by Ridley Scott.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

JT Jag posted:

I believe that we can eventually develop into a sort of Inquisitor who believes he can serve the Emperor by means perhaps not considered conventional, without necessarily falling to Chaos.

I'm sure that half of the corrupted inquisitors in 40k lore have said this same sentence.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

B, in some manner. I agree that it would be foolish to allow uncontrolled fraternization. The sixers are probably harmless, and Mother wants us to succeed.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Skullivan

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

The Dark Eldar basically placate Slaanesh by feeding it the souls of their torture victims.

Whether that sounds sustainable or not depends on whether you're a Dark Eldar.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Plus it's hours of entertainment!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Sogol posted:

Alas poor Yorick...

I scavenged him from a decaying Guardsman: Horatio.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Lick the web

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Tear down this place, loot, salvage, repair, rearm. Claim our refinery and get the gently caress out of this shithole.

And set fire to this loving pysker den.

Seconding this. Also Recruit every person of any worth. Mother would have wrecked Ohone in a straight fight anyway, so it's just as well that she screwed off on her own.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Quick, someone start a CYOA about an Aran or Catachan scout.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Ogryn have specially reinforced guns because sometimes they forget that they aren't really big clubs.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

LowellDND posted:

1 Jeb
bloody wet coughs

Poor Jeb. We should do something nice for him, like installing cybernetic lungs.

Edit: Plan Tomn

What was the second device given to Ohone?

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Feb 3, 2015

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I feel like Ohone's been successful more often than not. It's kind of nice to experience a setback once in a while.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I really like Sincera Pax, even if she has even odds of ending up dead or in Ohone's retinue.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

LowellDND posted:

Thank you :D Here have another

Slice of Life IV

For whatever reason, that ship is inaccessible. The corridors to it are blocked off by debris and blast doors, pillars of flame, arcing electricity. Behind those barriers, though, if anyone ever was able to look - they would see lichen everywhere, and little animals, and hopping garden tenders. They would see small fungal creatures, wearing the regalia of blue skulls.

Well, that's ominous!

LowellDND posted:

Slice of Life V

Behind the walls and under the floors of the Deep, there is a small colony of mutants making their life. It couldn’t be said to be thriving, really - Limosa brought in the Greycloaks a year ago and immolated more than half - but they exist down there. Some of the Dregs leave out food, or small tools. And sometimes, you might need help when you can’t get it anywhere else.

And sometimes a mutant will help you.

And this is incredibly adorable!

Also, B. Give them a moment to surrender. We need answers more than anything.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Limosa or DeVries seem like the logical options for the mastermind. Hilariously expensive method of assassination, poor proficiency with mechanicus-related skills.

Or...are they working together (dun dun dunnnn)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I forgot about them too. Who are they?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

The gun fired itself :tinfoil:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Oh god, that was really uncomfortable to read. Good job.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Call me dense for asking, but is Ohone's name pronounced O-Hone, or Oh-One? I'm assuming the latter for the binary pun, but I'd like confirmation.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Meat beasts, all the way down.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I'm holding out hope that this is the Filthy Lucre, back from it's warp jaunt and several hundred years removed into the future.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

So, LowellDND, have you ever heard of Halo Devices? They seem like they'd be right up your alley, fiction-wise.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Halo_Devices
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Life_Extension_Technologies#Halo_Devices

Edit: I just remembered that I brought these things up before. It's been so long!

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 19, 2015

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

So is cyborg 2...the hybrid bits of the ship?

This is a really weird and tough choice...

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

2, But Ohone should tell Athena that she will return once the ship is whole

Edit: Clearly Ohone needs to aim to be Lord Sire and a Magos, and also a secret Inquisitor.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 20, 2015

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Chantilly Say posted:

Regretfully, 2, but, you know, call me, maybe?

Hey, I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my number. Don't kill all humans maybe?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

JT Jag posted:

We didn't do that did we

Clearly Ohone ordered it during her months-long surgery session, and just forgot.

JT Jag posted:

Anyone who thinks they can do better feel free, I'm kind of an editing amateur.

Not nearly imposing enough.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

my dad posted:

I'd like to thank you for how amazingly you handled the character I suggested to you. They were beyond anything I could have hoped for, and the details you added to their personality fit so well.

Would anyone here care to guess as to who it was?

Was it Sincera Pax?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Tomn posted:

Gah, the two most intrigue-heavy CYOAs I follow both have major poo poo going down at the same time.

I can't keep track of it all, I'm running out of space on my conspiracy web wall!

Did Enkidel finally learn how to poop?

I'm 10000+ posts behind in Diogines' CYOA, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Shogeton posted:

I'll tell you when you're older.

:golfclap:

I'll catch up on it eventually. It's frankly overwhelming how fast that thread moves (and how fast this one moves sometimes!)

This twist with Devries and the artifact is probably my favorite plot-beat so far.